Marco Reus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Nah, he chinned Messi a few times...
We're talking about 2008 when Ronaldo and Rooney were both at the club, there's no argument to who's the best player in the world at that time. Hint: he's not an Argie midget.

Blasphemy

We're talking about 2008 when Ronaldo and Rooney were both at the club, there's no argument to who's the best player in the world at that time. Hint: he's not an Argie midget.
Quite a lot of people thought Messi was better than Ronaldo then and he sure looked it when we played them, but Messi had a lot of injuries back then and never had the full season to really prove it.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Quite a lot of people thought Messi was better than Ronaldo then and he sure looked it when we played them, but Messi had a lot of injuries back then and never had the full season to really prove it.
Quite a lot of people also thought Ronaldo was the better player during Barca's best team ever ever days (09-11)... anyway, this is not the thread for that conversation.

Back to the topic - Reus will be staying at Dortmund for one more season, hopefully we'd be back in the CL with a great manager to sign him in 2015.`

Spoony

The People's President
Even back then he was a level above Ronaldo. For all of Ronaldo's huffing and puffing he didn't quite scare the bejesus out of opposition players and fans like Messi...

Anderson18

According to SportBild his release clause is even lower than reported at 25m€. No chance of him leaving this summer and for that price I really think every top club in the world will trigger it.

Remix

LordoftheStreams
According to SportBild his release clause is even lower than reported at 25m€. No chance of him leaving this summer and for that price I really think every top club in the world will trigger it.
You don't think Dortmund would sell for double his supposed release clause this summer?

LARulz

His release clause from next season? If so they'd have more incentive to sell this summer then

Anderson18

You don't think Dortmund would sell for double his supposed release clause this summer?
Already losing Lewandowski, Gündogan nowhere near to be fit. Reus will have to carry them immensly. They were prepared to lose 25-30m€ on Lewandowski last year, they'll do the same for Reus. The only thing they can try to do, is to completely shatter their wage structure and buy his buy out clause out of the contract.

Ruht

SportBild isn't very reliable, I wouldn't read too much into what they say.

Dortmund simply won't sell this season, I'm sure of it. He is one of their most vital players and after losing Lewandowski this summer there is just no way they will part ways with 2 key players. They will need him more than ever next season.

Sphaero's last post summarises the situation perfectly in my opinion, my thoughts exactly.

Last edited:

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
To think we're in some kind of transfer limbo is laughable. Your not talking about Everton, Newcastle or even Arsenal. Your talking about Manchester fecking United.

We took Mata from Chelsea when Mourinho said himself "we'd rather sell him to west Brom for 50p than United for 50m" we took RVP from Arsenal when it was considered "impossible" Arsenal would never sell their best player to a rival. We got Kagawa from Dortmund after he had won best player in Bundesliga two years in a row and was considered a vital, integral cog to the Dortmund set up.

Don't spout utter bollocks and say we can't sign Vidal, Kroos, Reus, players of this ilk when in actual fact time, time, time again we sign top players BEST PLAYERS from accross the continent.

Mata-Chelsea best player
RVP- Arsenal best player
Kagawa- Bundesliga best player
Chicha-Mexican best player
Henriquez-Chile player of the year.
Smalling- Fulham best CB
Jones- Blackburn best CB
Rooney-Everton promising young CF
Rio-Leeds best CB
Valencia- touted as the best winger in the world by pep.

Just shut up about this utter non-sense that United can't sign the best players when that's all we've done. It's baseless and embarassing.
My word.

Tarrou

We don't need all these Germans coming in our muppet threads and talking sense. We know he isn't joining but just let us dream for a bit, ya cnuts!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To think we're in some kind of transfer limbo is laughable. Your not talking about Everton, Newcastle or even Arsenal. Your talking about Manchester fecking United.

We took Mata from Chelsea when Mourinho said himself "we'd rather sell him to west Brom for 50p than United for 50m" we took RVP from Arsenal when it was considered "impossible" Arsenal would never sell their best player to a rival. We got Kagawa from Dortmund after he had won best player in Bundesliga two years in a row and was considered a vital, integral cog to the Dortmund set up.

Don't spout utter bollocks and say we can't sign Vidal, Kroos, Reus, players of this ilk when in actual fact time, time, time again we sign top players BEST PLAYERS from accross the continent.

Mata-Chelsea best player
RVP- Arsenal best player
Smalling- Fulham best CB
Jones- Blackburn best CB
Rio-Leeds best CB

Just shut up about this utter non-sense that United can't sign the best players when that's all we've done. It's baseless and embarassing.
My favourite bit is clearly the Smalling, Fulham's best centre back part :lol: Hardly fits in with the rest of the above.

And he wasn't even better than their other 2 when we bought him, when he did play he either gave a pen or a glaring error away

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
My favourite bit is clearly the Smalling, Fulham's best centre back part :lol: Hardly fits in with the rest of the above.

And he wasn't even better than their other 2 when we bought him, when he did play he either gave a pen or a glaring error away
He only played 2 or 3 games for Fulham in the league before we signed him.

United22

Even back then he was a level above Ronaldo. For all of Ronaldo's huffing and puffing he didn't quite scare the bejesus out of opposition players and fans like Messi...
That's pushing it. That is some pretty criminal underrating of the Ronaldo who scored 42 goals in 48 games for United in 07/08.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Look up his record. Plenty more.
We signed him on 27th January. He started his first PL game on December 28th. Unless there were literally dozens of games during that month then I doubt he started plenty more.

You probably meant that he played for Fulham more but it was after we signed him because we allowed him to remain with them for the remainder of the season.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
As usual I'm here with the latest loose but ferocious rumours.

Marco Reus agent was in Manchester yesterday and will be there over the weekend.

Apparatly were offering 190k/wk

Obviously all hear say and rumours so pinch of salt n all that.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Didn't we sign him a few Wednesdays ago? Or was that someone else?

ghagua

You accuse others of making baseless claims while bringing up the myth of Kagawa winning the award of the best Bundesliga player of the season? He did not win it once, let alone twice.

The other problem with your post is that aside from RvP, Kagawa and Mata all players you listed were either promising talents or came from significantly smaller clubs. Even RvP and Kagawa made a step up by joining United and the transfers were under favourable circumstances for United.

Kagawa made it clear quite early that his ultimate goal was to play in the EPL and especially the most popular United given the massive standing of the league in Japan.

RvP is a world class striker, but also injury prone and was for his age and contract situation a quite costly transfer.

That leaves Mata, a player with undisputed class, but also a player who was driven out of the team by Mourinho because he did not fit the latter´s tactical plan. He was also expensive.

Now, in the cases of Vidal, Kroos and Reus you have no favourable circumstances. Vidal is Juventus´ star player, payed as such and has already signed a new contract in December. Kroos plays for a club, which is not only at least equal in pretty much every aspect to United but also has a history of not selling players they don´t want to. Kroos himself has also already confirmed of playing for Munich next season.

Regarding Reus, I don´t see any reason for himself or Dortmund to transfer in the Summer, unless you make an offer both parties can´t refuse, which means a huge transfer fee, a big salary and quite a bit of a signing fee for the player/agent. That could summarize to around 80 Mil. € quite easily, a sum I don´t see you guys paying. The guy can leave for a bargain (in relation to what he brings to the table) in 2015. I can see nearly every European elite club lining up then and be ready to pay the 35 Mil. € towards Dortmund. Everything on top of that (a signing fee of 10+ Mil.€ is not unrealistic) will go directly into Reus´ own pocket. There is no reason to force an earlier move, especially when he will be unable to play in the competition which he regards as the most important in that one season.
Excellent post.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Marco Reus agent was in Manchester yesterday and will be there over the weekend.

Loose and ferocious...just like diarrhoea?

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"

Mata-Chelsea best player
RVP- Arsenal best player
Smalling- Fulham best CB
Jones- Blackburn best CB
Rio-Leeds best CB

Everton's tallest CM deserves a mention.

LR7

You need to post your sources or stop with the shit.

Dracula

caf plane air-master

I'm guessing you are following that @corrienationstreet guy on Twitter.

We should have a thread based solely on him. Its absolutely comical. If I knew how to embed tweets here id show you...

rotherham_red

I feel sorry for his followers, they seem to be either foreign, or mentally disabled...

Dracula

caf plane air-master
I feel sorry for his followers, they seem to be either foreign, or mentally disabled...
I know. It's funny when he just days something like

'Reus deal agreed 33m, personal trrms agrees will be comfirmed before world cup. This confirmed by sources' and they go 'oh wow, thanks, great work!

Work....what work?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Mata-Chelsea best player
RVP- Arsenal best player
Smalling- Fulham best CB
Jones- Blackburn best CB

Rio-Leeds best CB

:lol: What the hell did I just read?

You forgot Bebe, possibly the best once homeless player in the world.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.