Marco Silva - Sacked by Watford

Blind

Where does he go next now Hull are down? He's been linked with Southampton and Watford from the PL and numerous jobs abroad but this is just speculation currently. I think Southampton would be a great career move and the timing would be right if they sack Puel.

Looking at his record, it's very impressive. He won promotion with Estoril and led them to 5th in the Portuguese top flight and 4th the season after. He then won the Taca de Portugal with Sporting and achieved a record 17 consecutive wins in the league with Olympiacos, winning the title with 6 games to play.

With this in mind, should a top team seriously consider appointing him? It's surely only a matter of time before he is managing at that level.

Robbie Boy

Big fan of his. Was disappointed that he didn't manage to keep Hull up and even worse, it was pretty much Moyes that fecking relegated them :mad:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Gave it a good go at Hull, and got something out of a squad that was really relegation material all the way. He won't get a top job right now, but would not be shocked if he ends up at a high level based on what he has done to date. Seems to have something about him.

Mind you, I once thought Paul Lambert and Owen Coyle were decent managers so wtf do I know.

SaboTaj

It wasn't him who got Hull relegated. No one gave Hull even a slight chance to survive before he joined and he completely changed things around - with a very limited set of average players at best. I think he's been pretty good and was immensely lucky to have been relegated. Really hope that he gets a chance in the top flight at a club like Southampton.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Hull's form since he took over was lower mid table stuff, which is pretty impressive given the situation when he walked in.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think there is a decent chance that he might go to West Ham.

Acole9

Outstanding
It's a real shame he didn't keep them up. If he had been in charge the full season I think they would be alright.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
I think there is a decent chance that he might go to West Ham.
Please no... anyone but them two hats.

From what I've heard he met with the owners yesterday and things will be announced soon, some are under the impression he could go before the spurs game but I very much doubt it.

Our problem has been clear, we've had the fight but no where near the quality to stay up, hopefully the owners will back the manager whoever they maybe. Hopefully we'll bounce straight back up.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Some rumours Porto wants him. He could be a good fit there

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Most overrated manager since Villas Boas.

His team totally bottled it at the worst time. They were pumped by Sunderland FFS.
He doesn't have Villas Boas press. Although i think some of the praise was excessive, i think he's a good manager. His work at Estoril, getting Euro qualification (now the club fights to avoid relegation), at Sporting with a cup win and a decent Champions league campaign show it. He did a decent job after the Phelan mess plus all the players sales. They did choke with Sunderland but i'd argue with a full season they would avoid relegation. I think he could do a good job at West Ham but i think he may take the Porto job if Nuno gets sacked.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
A top team? No chance right now after getting relegated. I think he could get a lower half prem side or very ambitious championship team.
He's way better than that.

He'll go back to Portugal or to Spain before he manages in the Championship.

shield

I really rate him. Has a dire Hull side play good football. Think we should keep tabs on him because Mourinho is changing our style at the moment and Marco Silva employs the same style. So, if he is successful then we can get him after Mourinho leaves.

RU Devil

Most overrated manager since Villas Boas.

His team totally bottled it at the worst time. They were pumped by Sunderland FFS.
TBF, that is a bit damning. At home vs Moyes' team that should've easily been handled.

Although I don't think what he achieved can really be overrated. Forced to sell 2 of his best players and bring in a bunch of castoffs & loans and almost get to safety. Honestly think he'd be better off than Moyes to get Sunderland back into the PL and probably should be in the frame for other PL jobs. Boro maybe? Soton is also a good shout.

Alabaster Codify7

He's too good for the Championship, but he probably won't want to sit around until Xmas waiting for the first PL sacking.

So he'll probably end up going to the Mediterrerean or something and managing there.

Tarrou

Porto then. Good move for him I reckon. No need to commit to another relegation struggle in this county just because you did alright with Hull.

Blind

Looks like a deal to join Watford is almost done, bit disappointing. I'm sure he'll be far more popular with the players than Mazzarri and get them playing better football but managers are just a cog in the machine at Watford and the sheer amount of players they bring in every season will make it difficult to mould them into a team with a distinct identity and playing style.

jungledrums

Likeable chap, happy he's stayed in the premier league. Also seems a very promising manager.

FireballXL5

Ninth Watford manager in five years! His first bit of business should be grabbing the much publicised £30+m for Troy Deeney.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Good appointment by Watford. He'll have a tough tie to both keep Watford up and try to make them in anyway likeable. Wouldn't surprise me if he went after a few Hull players, namely Maguire and Grosicki. They do have a pretty decent squad when you look at it. Gomes, Pereyra, Deeney, Capoue, Janmaat. Also Zarate who was out for the season shortly after they got him (like Pereyra). He got players to come to Hull, he'll have an easier time of getting them to Watford.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
As stupid it may sound, knowing the differences between the leagues this Watford team remembers me a little bit the way Estoril played in Portugal, I think they will be more confortable on aways matches when they are well positioned for the breaks, also decend squad on a club with a very good scouting network, unless something strange happens they will be safe.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Sounds like Judas had a decent game from what i read. I wish him the worst.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Sounds like Judas had a decent game from what i read. I wish him the worst.
:lol: Nah, I don't mix the past with present, clearly overstatetement to call him overrated based on Hull relegation, they would be relegated with Guardiola or Mourinho too.

Last edited:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
:lol: Nah, I don't mix the past with present, clearly overstatetment to call him overrated based on Hull relegation, they would be relegated with Guardiola or Mourinho too.
I was talking about Carrillo

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
For me only him and Simão
Nah, tbf with Simao he was a much better player, Carrillo only played well with Marco, only 2 players I was sad when they left Sporting was Figo and Balakov, Carrilo wouldn't even be good enough to clean their boots. :lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nah, tbf with Simao he was a much better player, Carrillo only played well with Marco, only 2 players I was sad when they left Sporting was Figo and Balakov, Carrilo wouldn't even be good enough to clean their boots. :lol:
Nah why? Both left us and joined Benfica (Simão not directly) that's why i call both Judas. I wasn't sad, i was just disgusted and hate both. Figo and Balakov don't belong in this conversation.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nah why? Both left us and joined Benfica (Simão not directly) that's why i call both Judas. I wasn't sad, i was just disgusted and hate both. Figo and Balakov don't belong in this conversation.
Leaving Figo and Balakov aside, I just don't give Carrilo enough credibility because I think he was a brainless player, also gave us the chance to play João Mário on his place, and if Jardim stayed at Sporting I could have seen him being sold, he clearly didn't liked him.

Simão was good for us on his last season even if he was not good enough for a top La Liga side imo, Moutinho being sold directly to Porto was for me the end of the line of the aristocrats ruling the club.

Last edited: