Marco Silva - Sacked by Watford

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He's built himself a solid, well balanced team. Watford may finish in a European spot
Nah, that's too much, they have always a lot of problems with injuries, cannot see them taking points of better structured teams as City, United, Chelsea, Spurs, but they will create trouble to other teams particularly away from home imo.

Lentwood

The more I see of Silva the more I think he could be a top, top manager. The real mark of a manager is going into a club and getting improvement out of the playing squad you have, imo. It's all well and good doing a Pep and buying XI players but Silva has gone into three pretty poor sides (Estoril, Hull and Watford) and transformed them without making a big signing.

Now obviously there is also skill in being able to take good sides and buy well to make then great sides. It remains to be seen if he can do that, and also if he can play expansive enough football to land a top job.

Having said that, if I were Arsenal or Liverpool, I would have half an eye on this bloke and I would be asking Wenger/Klopp why a previously unknown bloke from Portugal can organise a PL back 4 with no resources when they can't see to do it

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He's an excellent football coach/manager. What he's achieved in the Premier League with two separate unfancied teams in the space of ten months is nothing short of miraculous.

ti vu

I rate him as good coach but too soon for the claim as being ready for big club. He has a nice playing style, but there is more to be judged. It is a great result, but it's more down to Arsenal bottling job than Watford great performance, tactic. Arsenal was very comfortable and just about to finish the game before the penalty call. Arsenal collapse afterward was all them to blame

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He would do well at a Everton type club for his next destination.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He should do 1 more season at Watford to consolidate him in the Premier League.

There is a lot of hurry to push him up, but he still needs to improve his teams specially in terms of defensive organization, who sometimes was his weakness particularly when he faces stronger teams, perhaps because he doesn't want to change much the style of play against stronger opponents.

James Peril

Could be something for Tottenham when Pochettino buggers off to Spain in one or two years

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Every time a side of Silva's wins, I chuckle to myself about how much of a pair of tits Merson and Thompson look. Appalling comments last January when Silva was appointed Hull City manager.
"How's this geezer any different to Gary Rowett?"

It's funny, until you realise he's getting paid to say shite like that, on the telly and in the column inches. He probably earns the average mans annual salary in a month or two, to do no research and just ramble nonsensically like the man down the pub.

What a fraud. I hope Marco Silva keeps sticking it to him. Hopefully a domestic cup, a top 8 finish and earning a move to a club in the Champions League.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We should keep our eye on this guy as a future manager. Very early impressions of course but the way his teams play, he appears to be tailor made for a big club.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
Very impressed with what he's done at watford this year and hull last season. He has a good thing going on at watford he should stay there for another 2 seasons they seem to be at least decently funded and could potentially have them just outside the top 6 with the right backing for the next couple of years

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He would do well at a Everton type club for his next destination.
Not sure who in Europe you equate with Everton-type, but I think he’s definitely better than that. He should look for a top 6 Side here and if not, jump at Roma, Napoli etc.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
I love the way he contradicts himself by saying the Premier League is watched all around the world but also thinks a Portuguese couldn't possibly know anything about the EPL.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Seems a fantastic manager. After the oaf Merson's rant about him I've been rooting for Silva since, glad he's proved his critics wrong. Depending on his next few years I would potentially see him as the next manager for us, Spurs or someone of that ilk.

JoaquinJoaquin

I think he is an excellent manager in the making. A team like Everton could do alot worse than look at him if / when they get rid of Koeman.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
To be fair to Merson & Co it's not unheard of to start well and then go to utter shit later in the season. So far he's doing well.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
He did brilliantly at Hull, really turned them around and if not for Swansea finally remembering how to get a few results would have kept them up I think.

Nice to see him doing well as all the interviews I read with him in the local rag he seemed a really nice bloke, intelligent, honest and humble. Can see him in a big job sooner rather than later. Very eloquent as well considering his short time here, really shows the ones up that have been here 2/3 years and more and still can't utter a coherent sentence.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
i think he looks like he can do a very good job at that level. Realistically they won't ever really win anything but if he's truly a good manager he can definitely get some great results against anyone, especially at home. The only way we will ever know if he's able for a top club is if someone takes a chance on him. He looks like the outstanding young manager in the league who could get a crack at a big job next. The next Poch in that kind of way. It's just a case of who gambles on him or who needs a manager when. What I've seen of him I like a lot. Everton with all their money would be a great job for him. They have the resources to eventually really try to push into the top 4 and CL places but they do look more than a fair bit off at this stage. Signing Rooney was always going to work against them. I Can't believe that they were watching the same football as me for the last 3 years!

dakingpin1999

I really rate this guy and the beginning of the season I tipped Watford to be the dark horses in the league not win it obviously but get a really decent final position in the league. During last season at hull he was really unlucky and got relegated. He has got a big future in management for sure.

haram

Watford really looked terrible at times last season. I had them battling relegation before they appointed him.

haram

Because they're delusional and the only people who watch Soccer Saturday are morons. No offence to anybody who actually watches it (can't imagine it's many people here).

Sky Sports peaked in 2008.
Woah, it's usually only something you have in the background for the scores.

Skills

Snitch
Everton would be a horrible choice. It's a dead end of a club

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Because they're delusional and the only people who watch Soccer Saturday are morons. No offence to anybody who actually watches it (can't imagine it's many people here).

Sky Sports peaked in 2008.
I think many people watch it purely for comedic value, Thomson and Merson are like Ron Manager and Alan Partridge on crack.

Stevie Nicol and Craig Burley are another pair of twonks worth watching purely to see what drivel they come out with next.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
I could see him as a potential Spurs manager in the future.