Marco Silva - Sacked by Watford

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Silva is by far the outstanding candidate for the Manager of the Year award, no matter what say Pep or José do this season.

What he is doing there is unbelievable really, if I hadn't have been alive for Leicester's title winning season, then I would say this is the best that a team outwit the big boys has performed in the era of the Premier League (Ipswich finishing third once is right up there as well).

He is putting himself very much in the shop window, that much is for sure, surely he can't or won't be there next season.
I think it's a bit early for that still, probably should have wins against Arsenal and Chelsea based on the performances but Liverpool should have put them to bed and they got pumped 6-0 at home by City.

In fact to say the best apart from Leicester in the last 25 years of the league, Burnley aren't even that far off them this season alone (beat Chelsea, draws Spurs & Liverpool, 3-0 loss City, all away from home as well).

Pacificgi

It would be a surprise if Silva even wanted to go there at this stage of the season. Theres less pressure on him at Watford, hes better off staying there for the season then looking at his options.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Every time a side of Silva's wins, I chuckle to myself about how much of a pair of tits Merson and Thompson look. Appalling comments last January when Silva was appointed Hull City manager.
With Merson you can pass it off as him being an idiot, but it's Thompson i find mindblowing. He must have forgotten Gerard Houllier gave him a job as assistant at his beloved club after he arrived replacing a British manager, like Silva did.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I wouldn't touch that job if I was Silva. The side is pretty terribly imbalanced, with Rooney sitting in the middle stinking the joint.

Bojan11

I gave him a pass as Hull were terrible defensively at times under him even though they had Maguire.

But whenever I watch Watford, I just know their strikers have to score 3 every game to have a chance of winning. Conceding 3 to Everton when they couldn’t score. Then 2 to Swansea when they can’t score too.

Does he not work on the defensive side? Have a feeling they might get dragged in the way they continuing on.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, he's defensively lax, to say the least.

Deeney's cojones and the Everton links/Allerdyce taking the job and taking swipes have really lulled Watford's season.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
To be honest, talk of coaching and systems aside, Watford could just simply do with some better defensive personnel. They have a lot of options but they're all bang average at best.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Should have maybe pushed for the Everton job. Sinking ship since then.

Bojan11

To be honest, talk of coaching and systems aside, Watford could just simply do with some better defensive personnel. They have a lot of options but they're all bang average at best.
So do most prem teams and they don’t defend like Watford.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
So do most prem teams and they don’t defend like Watford.
I honestly don't think there's a team in the PL who have worse though, certainly comparative to the quality in other areas of the squad. Even Swansea, Newcastle, Stoke have decent players at the back despite being a bit shite and shipping loads of goals themselves at times.

Part and parcel of having scored the 8th most goals in the league as well, I suppose. They are a typically attacking side I would say based on how high they normally sit the FB's up the pitch and the fact they play 2/3 B2B CM's rather than a proper DM anywhere.

This isn't to say they couldn't defend better in situations or make tactical adjustments to be a bit more balanced, I just think if they actually had better options than the likes of Mariappa, Prodl, Kabasele then we would see better 1v1 defending and less individual errors.

Robbie Boy

Daryl Janmaat is part of their defence, enough said. Funnily enough I remember some on here wanted us to sign him from Newcastle :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
On course for about 43 points on a points/game ratio so far. The spread betting firms put them about there too. Nobody expected them to get anything tonight, but seeing the thread bumped, what's happened to them and him?

40 points last season, 45 before that so not much in it compared to the 2 who got the boot if they do end up on around 43.

el3mel

He was overrated anyway. Clueless on how to set up his team defensively but it seems any manager who tells his players to pass the ball a lot will get over hyped these days.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Silva's team has been destroyed by Injuries. They've had a constant injury list of 5-10 players that gets refreshed every few weeks with new players. Granted, I don't think Silva is the best thing since sliced bread, but he's had a tough time due to lack of squad depth.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Did he want the Everton gig? Heard a theory that might be playing a part. That either he may have downed tools a little since, even subconciously, or that the players may have to a degree as they knew he wanted to go so aren't quite as motivated to play for him.

Or maybe he was just on a hot streak.

Bojan11

Looks like he is going to be next getting sacked according to Baldy.

Thought he was overhyped. Different between him and Potch is that Potch can organise a defence like he did at Southampton.

RooneyLegend

injuries have destroyed his team, nowadays they have Ben Watson turning out for them.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Looks like he is going to be next getting sacked according to Baldy.

Thought he was overhyped. Different between him and Potch is that Potch can organise a defence like he did at Southampton.
The hype has been massive for somebody who hasn't managed a full season in England.

Classical Mechanic

Sacking him seems hasty unless he is sulking for not going to Everton or something. They are in terrible form and in danger of slipping into the relegation fight. Second most goals conceded in the league too, must be concerning.

Irrational.

Somewhere Phil Thompson and Paul Merson are furiously playing tonsil hockey at the news.

Ridiculous club. Hope they go down.