Marco Silva - Sacked by Watford

N2402

Could be something for Tottenham when Pochettino buggers off to Spain utd in one or two years

but what watford are doing is playing to the final whistle 3 times they have now scored in the 90th min i think, that comes from the training ground​

CallyRed

Woah, it's usually only something you have in the background for the scores.
Exactly. It's not like something you need to pay attention to the opinions of. You just watch it to get scores. It's either them or Garth Crooks.

Not sure it's moronic to watch it tbh.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Bossing Chelsea away at Stamford bridge. Dominated the game so far.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Leicester should try their everything to get him, he probably won't accept though since he can do far better.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Dont be so hasty! Mou will inevitably go to PSG in the coming years, we might need a modern manager.
He needs to follow the path of Poch who now has 2 seasons of managing a team playing in UCL. We should be targeting him rather than Marco because I feel he will be more equipped for the job

Varun

Staff
doing a heck of a job at the moment. Arsenal should keep a close eye on him.
He needs to follow the path of Poch who now has 2 seasons of managing a team playing in UCL. We should be targeting him rather than Marco because I feel he will be more equipped for the job
Yes, would prefer he goes through the tiers before coming here. Arsenal and Spurs both good shouts.

Raw

Watford look great given their squad. Top job by Silva.
He did a really good job with Hull's disaster of a squad too. We really struggled to beat them last season (won 2-0 at home, lost 2-1 away, drew 0-0 at home).

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Silva is by far the outstanding candidate for the Manager of the Year award, no matter what say Pep or José do this season.

What he is doing there is unbelievable really, if I hadn't have been alive for Leicester's title winning season, then I would say this is the best that a team outwit the big boys has performed in the era of the Premier League (Ipswich finishing third once is right up there as well).

He is putting himself very much in the shop window, that much is for sure, surely he can't or won't be there next season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, Watford had this game in their hands -- player quality rather than managerial tactics were the reason for the loss I'd say.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I would take him in a heartbeat if Jose left. I don't want him to go through the riggers of going to another club before coming here. He's the real deal.
You'd think doing well with limited resources at Watford would justify a move to United but truth be told, the pressure here would be immense to where I think he would likely flop.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Yeah, Watford had this game in their hands -- player quality rather than managerial tactics were the reason for the loss I'd say.
Sure about that? Looked to me like Watford was still playing a rather open game instead of sitting deep. I think it was both.

Bojan11

You'd think doing well with limited resources at Watford would justify a move to United but truth be told, the pressure here would be immense to where I think he would likely flop.
Me too. I think he's a decent manager but it's madness even suggesting him as our next manager.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Think he bottled it by taking off his striker for that holding midfielder, he should have put on Gray for Deeney and tried to counter.

They had no presence in Chelsea's half, giving all the initiative to Chelsea and allowing them to build from behind.

saivet

Sure about that? Looked to me like Watford was still playing a rather open game instead of sitting deep. I think it was both.
They brought Watson on for Deeney with 10mins to go to be fair.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Tired the last 15 minutes but completely dominated the game until then. His players missing 2 sitters in the second half didn't help.

There was a period where Watford had 7 shots to Chelsea's 1 in the second half.

saivet

Fair point. Watson didn't do anything btw. :lol:
Yeah he was trash. All I remember him doing was dragging down Cesc as Chelsea were equalising. Ref played advantage and didn't even book him when it went out of play.

Blind

Settled for the draw when the game was there to be won, Rudiger and Fabregas especially were struggling with the pressing. I mean no one really expected them to win anyway but I'm sure he'll learn from it.

Fahad Jawaid

I believe he dropped the ball, by taking off Deeney. He was actually a nuisance for Chelsea CB's and kept the ball for Watford in the Chelsea half, and tbf they look a little shit defensively. Chelsea didn't even attack their goal that much in the second half, normally with the big teams trailing at home, they keep putting pressure on your back line with waves of attack, but today their only two crosses yielded two goals in the second half. Attacking wise their team look good so credit to him where its due.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I believe he dropped the ball, by taking off Deeney. He was actually a nuisance for Chelsea CB's and kept the ball for Watford in the Chelsea half, and tbf they look a little shit defensively. Chelsea didn't even attack their goal that much in the second half, normally with the big teams trailing at home, they keep putting pressure on your back line with waves of attack, but today their only two crosses yielded two goals in the second half. Attacking wise their team look good so credit to him where its due.
His hands were tied with team selection with Watfords current injuries

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
There is too much lack of calm when doing analysis on his job, it would be better for him to stay at Watford until the end of his contract, I guess it runs out in 2019?

Another thing is missing on the way they play, they will during the season get in some games "heavy" results or defeats, there is a tendency, Liverpool scored 3, City 6, Chelsea 4, because they try to play the same way be it vs Brighton or Chelsea, even if on his last games he has been trying to adapt 3/4/3 in some ocasions.

His agent and himself should try to be patient, he has to make at least 2 full seasons at Watford, which is a club with a decent structure compared to what he found at Hull, excelent scouting network (in fact it belongs to Udinese).

Another thing I see is that maybe another reason they will suffer more goals is because their main strength relies on their midfield and Richarlison upfront, then he can play Deeney/Gray as 9, or switch between Pereyra or Carrillo.

If we look at their fullbacks, the only decent one is Femenia, and looking at their centerbacks they really are nothing special.

This all to say it would be nice to see what can he do to improve them next season, it is a good way to see if he can develop a team in a period of 2 years, and if he is able to do that, I think they can target this season for the top 10 and there is no reason if he stays they should not do the same next season.

The next step if he shows quality would be to keep his carrer in the Premier League working at clubs like Everton or Southampton if any of the other top 6 don't want to take a risk.

I like him, but I still think he is not the best prospect for Portuguese managers in the future, I like more Leo Jardim from Monaco or Fonseca from Shaktar (yes I know I am always saying the same :lol:), but it is normal if he is working in England his qualities or lack of them are more exposed.

Anyway, better judge their consistency at the end of the season, but I think they can avoid a relegation battle.

Last edited: