Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Was poor on the goal but the finish was flukey, other than that he was fine, had no issue with Lukaku, used his positioning to counter the bull with no brains pace.

RooneyLegend

Jeez, how do we have so many substandard players? When Lukaku took him to the cleaners you just knew it would happen, a feeling you dont even get close to getting when he's facing Baily. Really hope we get Van Djik in the summer.

Manny

Grammar Police
I gave him MotM then remembered their goal... :lol:

Having said, I thought he was very good tonight. Kept Lukaku quiet for the most part and at no point did I think Everton would get a second goal with him and Bailly putting out fires before they even started.

Phil

He was pretty good today, kept Lukaku in check well. The goal was a bit of a freak one.

Dunno what was up with him and De Gea's communication though

Duafc

Village Lemon
Thought he was hung out to dry by DDG for the goal and a few other times.

Apart from that I thought he handled Lukaku really well, was also very good in possession.

Duafc

Village Lemon
That goal is both on him and DDG.
It's a lot easier for DDG to prevent than him.

He's in a wrestling match with another big CB and he ball is travelling over his head, he loses it and Phil flukes it in.

Dave can see it all and could have a running jump, getting there comfortably to punch or catch.

Fracture90

It's a lot easier for DDG to prevent than him.

He's in a wrestling match with another big CB and he ball is travelling over his head, he loses it and Phil flukes it in.

Dave can see it all and could have a running jump, getting there comfortably to punch or catch.
It's on both of them mate. DDG should have punched it clear but Rojo could have sticked his head out and clear it as well.

Duafc

Village Lemon
It's on both of them mate. DDG should have punched it clear but Rojo could have sticked his head out and clear it as well.
He definitely could have done better, no doubt. But he clearly loses perception of where the ball is in the wrestling match.

I guess my point is it's a lot easier for DDG to deal with than it is for Rojo, he should be stepping in and and making it a non issue, just like the one that Rojo headed back to the by-line and shielded after De Gea didn't come out.

Oddly indecisive and passive.

Freak goal though.

ti vu

Rojo couldn't dominate Lukaku, but neither did Lukaku. Both cancelled each other out.

He definitely could have done better, no doubt. But he clearly loses perception of where the ball is in the wrestling match.

I guess my point is it's a lot easier for DDG to deal with than it is for Rojo, he should be stepping in and and making it a non issue, just like the one that Rojo headed back to the by-line and shielded after De Gea didn't come out.

Freak goal though.
Agree. DDG had more control in that situation, but too scared to take responsibility.

Fracture90

Freak goal though.
Freak reaction from Jagelka indeed.

Acole9

Outstanding
The blame has to go on him for the goal, that shouldn't have happened really, such a soft goal.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I found him very poor yesterday and this weekend.

He went back from Bolivia where he played with his NT, he may be tired, but yesterday it was the old Rojo.

Bad defensively and only throwing long balls.

Sorry but I'm still not confident having him on my defence

Jaybomb

De Gea was at fault for that goal. He should have came out and saw to it.

Rojo gave him a bollocking for not coming out and helping him later on in the match as well.

Acquire Me

He went back from Bolivia where he played with his NT, he may be tired, but yesterday it was the old Rojo.

Do you need glasses?

That goal is both on him and DDG.
It's a freak goal. He's in a wrestling match doing what a CB should - making it difficult for the opponent to get near the ball. Not a huge amount more Rojo could have done. De Gea might have come to collect but the real cause was the free header in our box that led to it all. Who was supposed to marking that?

ti vu

It's a freak goal. He's in a wrestling match doing what a CB should - making it difficult for the opponent to get near the ball. Not a huge amount more Rojo could have done. De Gea might have come to collect but the real cause was the free header in our box that led to it all. Who was supposed to marking that?
Fellaini

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Lukaku did feck all yesterday :lol:.

Thought both Rojo and Bailey were good, as for the goal it was a flukey finish but DDG and Rojo could have done better.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's really stepped up as the leader of that defense. Was very local yesterday and even tried to get Dave to wake the feck up, which he definitely needed.

Gatti33

Sorry but you've either not watched the games or you're a WUM! You could argue he was at fault for the goal yesterday but other than that he has been class in both games.

Mani

That goal is on DDG,Rojo could have done better but DDG could have saved it.

AgentP

Rojo is our best defender. The goal yesterday doesn't change that. He couldn't have done much to prevent it. Allowing Williams a free header for the second corner in a row is the reason we conceded.

Godfather

On the goal: DDG is a bit shitty when coming out for balls isn't he? One of his major weaknesses still imo. Was a problem later on as well.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
On the goal: DDG is a bit shitty when coming out for balls isn't he? One of his major weaknesses still imo. Was a problem later on as well.
It was never a problem last season. He was extremely dominant and decisive. He seems to have regressed a bit this year, in that regard. Perhaps he gets his confidence from his big saves and the fact that he's not called upon as much now is affecting his overall mindset and focus.

devips

Rojo was fine. The goal is entirely on De Gea. It was under-15 level goalkeeping.

Dir Wangem

The goal was obviously not entirely Rojo's fault, but he should have done way better.

I can't believe how popular he is in here. I almost got an aneurysm when Lukaku completely outpaced him on the counter. Had Bailly been as slow as Rojo, then we would have lost this game.

Reckless tackling, weak in the air, and now it turns out that he's slow as well. Should never been more than a backup.

Godfather

The goal was obviously not entirely Rojo's fault, but he should have done way better.

I can't believe how popular he is in here. I almost got an aneurysm when Lukaku completely outpaced him on the counter. Had Bailly been as slow as Rojo, then we would have lost this game.

Reckless tackling, weak in the air, and now it turns out that he's slow as well. Should never been more than a backup.
He is neither weak in the air nor slow though. In fact he has been our best CB this season by a countrymile

Dir Wangem

He is neither weak in the air nor slow though. In fact he has been our best CB this season by a countrymile
He's laughably slow compared to Smalling and Bailly. I think Jones has a yard on him as well. He's also weak in the air compared to Smalling. He's lost many crucial aerial duels in the box this season, but they've mostly gone unpunished(just like all his insane red card-tackles).

Rojo's entire reputation rests on the fact that his mistakes have gone largely unpunished. He makes far more mistakes than Bailly and Smalling, and you rarely see him make a game changing tackle. The difference is that Bailly and Smalling have gotten punished for their mistakes, and thus it's easier for supporters to remember them. When it comes to CBs, mistakes tend to stick out more than positive contributions.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Sorry but you've either not watched the games or you're a WUM! You could argue he was at fault for the goal yesterday but other than that he has been class in both games.
If you think that this guy is a good defender what about Ramos, Pepe, Pique, Mascherano, Bonucci, Chiellini, Hummels, Boateng, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and so on and on and on.

I'm not confident with him at the back.

Except his grinta, he has no dimension and no potential to become a top class defender.

Do you know how he's rated in Argentina ? They don't rate him and he's playing LB because they have better CB. To me, yesterday was only an example of his weakness as a central defender. Not only the goal, but the fact that Lukaku targeted him only, the fact that he's not trusted by De Gea (like De Gea doesn't trust Smalling) when he protected the ball two or three times for our keeper to get the ball.

If you think that Rojo / Bailly is enough to cope and do well in Champions League let's stay with them. I just say that Bailly has a potential, Rojo no, and we are a club that try to attract Griezmann, Bale, Neymar, Cavani and so, but will play with Rojo and Young behind... JOKE.

We need to be more demanding from our players this year, all our players. They're not good enough for most of them, and even if Rojo is better than last year, he's not good enough to be Vidic or Ferdinand's heir.

I don't deny the fact that he was good this season, but was sh** the past two. Did he mature ? No, it's like Smalling when he turn to Super Sayajin Mike, he didn't made him a great defender, only a good phase.

I just want us to be more realistic and demanding for our players, having the grinta doesn't help. He needs to be better to me to be considered as a good CB

devil in me

I thought Rojo played really well yesterday. Kept Lukaku in check for pretty much 90mins. Has certainly been one of our better players this season, which admittedly isnt saying much.

freeurmind

weak willed
Rojo's defending at set-pieces this season has been criminal. If he's not obviously pulling a shirt or fouling, he's getting beat time and time again. Just seems to lack strength and defensive technical ability in those situations.

Sunderland 0:3 Man Utd

3KDré

Brilliant today. Can't remember him putting a foot wrong. Him and Bailly may be a bit rash and lack aerial prowess at times but they make up for it because they don't make THAT many errors and not many people can get past the pair.

That being said, it's only Sunderland.

Devil may care

Distribution was a bit shoddy at times but him and Bailly are forming a decent pairing back there.

acnumber9

Brilliant today. Can't remember him putting a foot wrong. Him and Bailly may be a bit rash and lack aerial prowess at times but they make up for it because they don't make THAT many errors and not many people can get past the pair.

That being said, it's only Sunderland.
Well he did put his foot on Defoe's shoulder at one stage for no reason at all. I don't think today is a day to talk about them being our best pair when Bailly gifted them their only chance and could've given away a penalty at the same time.

Jaybomb

He's barely put a foot wrong all season. He is an absolutely class player.

Status
Not open for further replies.