Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
People need to give him time to ease back in again. Just because he might be back in 2 weeks does not mean he's going to be great again instantly. I reckon it will take him at least a month or 2 before he gets back to his best again.
More to the point - we don’t even need him that badly just yet. Our much criticised CBs in Chris Smalling and Phil Jones have been part of a defence that has only conceded 2 goals so far in the league. We have 7 clean sheets in 8 games.

Kapardin

Awesome news, but we do need our midfielders to come back, even more urgently than him. Still, Bailly-Rojo is the great wall Trump never built.:drool:

It will be a merry party by January with all our injured players and Ibra back. If we are in a good position then, we should really be able to push on in the second half of the season.

Bobski

Do we expect him to go straight back into the team? Not so sure myself, this is not like a prime Rio/Vidic coming back from an injury, Rojo had a good run last year but it is the one convincing spell in his Utd career.

Giggsy92

Think we're more likely to see him get some run outs at left-back to start with given our lack of quality options there. Sounds like he's still at least a few weeks away though.

Jacko21

He's not actually needed yet, so I don't expect to see him playing for a few weeks.

Like Pogba and Ibra, it could be mid-November onwards before we see him.

MeUnited

Do we expect him to go straight back into the team? Not so sure myself, this is not like a prime Rio/Vidic coming back from an injury, Rojo had a good run last year but it is the one convincing spell in his Utd career.
How many spells has he had at CB? Iirc he had a few games when he first came then injured his shoulder in the derby and that was it at CB for a long time I think.

Bobski

How many spells has he had at CB? Iirc he had a few games when he first came then injured his shoulder in the derby and that was it at CB for a long time I think.
That is fair. Would like to see a split of his games between CB and LB. I would hope Mou avoids the urge to play him at LB because he has been very poor there for Utd, significantly better in the middle.

MeUnited

That is fair. Would like to see a split of his games between CB and LB. I would hope Mou avoids the urge to play him at LB because he has been very poor there for Utd, significantly better in the middle.
I don;t think he will be played at LB tbh. Mou did an interview on Sky saying Rojo was a bad LB but a good CB. Pretty rare you hear a manager say something like that about one of their players, especially if he has plans on playing him. I don't think Mourinho has any plans to play him leftback. I'll see if I can find it.

Inter Yer Nan

Ease him in. Maybe the last two games of the group stages and the league cup game(s) after Swansea (if we advance) and then he should be ready to go in the league in December. Rojo-Bailly is our best pairing but Jones has filled in very nicely.

peridigm

Ease him in. Maybe the last two games of the group stages and the league cup game(s) after Swansea (if we advance) and then he should be ready to go in the league in December. Rojo-Bailly is our best pairing but Jones has filled in very nicely.
Rojo - Jones was also very strong when Bailly was out. I just can't recall if it was during Bailly away at AFCON or Bailly was injured.

R'hllor

After the type of injury he had, i dont have high hopes of him returning and be on similar level as before injury. Him being at his best could take beyond this season.

peridigm

After the type of injury he had, i dont have high hopes of him returning and be on similar level as before injury. Him being at his best could take beyond this season.
Agreed. Shame really. Vidic was done after his ACL and he was 10x the defender Rojo was.

Alabaster Codify7

With Jones taking a knock, we'll be needing Rojo soon enough. Lindelof hasn't cemented a starting berth, I could see Jose using Bailly-Rojo for the next couple of league games and Lindelof-Smalling for the CL.

Canagel

I too believe he will not return as the same player he was before his injury but I hope I will be proven wrong. Rojo hit a purple patch last season and he was in the form of his life but let's not forget he was poor in the 2 seasons before and many here wanted him sold me included. We've seen the good and the bad from Rojo and I'm worried that we've already seen the best from him.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I too believe he will not return as the same player he was before his injury but I hope I will be proven wrong. Rojo hit a purple patch last season and he was in the form of his life but let's not forget he was poor in the 2 seasons before and many here wanted him sold me included. We've seen the good and the bad from Rojo and I'm worried that we've already seen the best from him.
He'd still be better than some of the options we have. Can't wait to see Rojo, Pogba and Ibra back in the side. We'll be a completely different proposition next month.

Gopher Brown

Loads of players make full recoveries from ACLs with little long-term effect on their ability. The only problems might be mental ones, but Rojo is a nutter, so will probably be fine in that regard. Problem is, his ability wasn’t all that high to start with, although he was good last season.

When Vidic returned he appeared to have lost a lot of weight, this was probably to lessen the impact on his knee, but it robbed him of some of his power. That, and being 33, left him a shadow of his former self.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Loads of players make full recoveries from ACLs with little long-term effect on their ability. The only problems might be mental ones, but Rojo is a nutter, so will probably be fine in that regard. Problem is, his ability wasn’t all that high to start with, although he was good last season.

When Vidic returned he appeared to have lost a lot of weight, this was probably to lessen the impact on his knee, but it robbed him of some of his power. That, and being 33, left him a shadow of his former self.
Yep! He even tried to play on in the game he got injured.

prath92

He was good in the first season here. His second season iirc he got injured midway through the season

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If we are going down the route of back three, I’d certainly like to see Rojo in there based on his performances last season.

He’s not scared to defend. He can be rash, but so what? I’d rather see someone with a bit of passion back there than that shimmying bullshit that defending has become.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I like the sound of Rojo in a back three. He's also a semi-decent passer of the ball over short differences: he pings his passes with purpose instead of some CBs taking ages to turn with the ball and playing a slow pass sideways.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Can't wait to see Rojo, Pogba and Ibra back in the side. We'll be a completely different proposition next month.
That's what I think
I remember when Rojo and Ibra got injured in the same match.
IMO, our 2 best players got injured on the same day and now they are returning. I'm looking forward to their return.

Bwuk

Bailly - Rojo is the stuff dreams are made of.

Home&Away

Bailey-Blind-Rojo

is perfection between aggression, tackling, passing, interception, pace covering and reading of the defensive game.

Beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.