Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

Brilliant performance. He didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
That result takes away from a cracking performance from Rojo. More than the best of a bad bunch tonight.

el3mel

Started somewhat shaky but grew into the game and ended up putting a very good performance considering it being after such a long injury.

Should be more careful in situations like the uncalled penalty, though.

ReallyUSA

I didn't watch, but glad to hear my breh did well. Him and Bailly are so fun to watch because they truly dgaf.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Best player tonight! One of the positives from tonight. Really great to see him back!

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I believe he really can be our main cb for the future. Decent on the ball and puts his body on the line for the team. We lost but that's no fault of his own, we would've lost by more without him.

Sylar

Thought he was our best player. Some great blocks, a great strike, a commanding performance at the back. Nice to have our LCB again :)

Bwuk

Sooner we can get a partnership going of Bailly and Rojo the better.

Clearly the way forward.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was fantastic, really nice to see 1 of our defenders play with composure on the ball and pick out some good forward passes.

He’s obviously been training for a while as he looks really sharp.

DarkXaero

I know ibra gets a lot of plaudits and rightfully so..but rojo returned in the same time frame as well and played a full 90 mins with some really good defending and some great forward passes as well. Really happy for the lad.
Pretty sure Ibra's injury was more severe, hence the longer time frame originally anticipated for Ibra.

Acole9

Outstanding
Man of the match purely on the basis that he hasn't played for seven months and even though we conceded I thought he did really well.

kundalini

His intensity and sheer effort really stood out on a night when too many players were taking it easy. Enjoyed seeing a central defender who wants to pass the ball forwards. Not a perfect performance but very encouraging.

IAmAWinner

His transformation has been remarkable. Remember everyone wanting him sold last summer. I think he is a truly top class centre-back now and he will prove it again this season.

Reactions: KM

Pogboom06

How Rojo plays for united now and how he played then is so different... having him on our side shows that united have depth in the defense.

Werd.

His transformation has been remarkable. Remember everyone wanting him sold last summer. I think he is a truly top class centre-back now and he will prove it again this season.
Lol no, some of us have been his fans from day one.

Norris

Pretty sure Ibra's injury was more severe, hence the longer time frame originally anticipated for Ibra.
I don't really know since there was no actual report on the severity of their respective injuries. The general consensus on here is that an ACL injury usually takes about 9 months. Ofcourse Zlatan being well into his 30's means a 7 months recovery time is phenomenal. But I admire Rojo as well. To comeback and play as well as he did and even sustain it for 90 mins is really impressive.

Antonedwin

How Rojo plays for united now and how he played then is so different... having him on our side shows that united have depth in the defense.
as long as i remember, the only time he played badly was as LB , as CB he always did well , he played there until he dislocated his shoulder and did well

DarkXaero

I don't really know since there was no actual report on the severity of their respective injuries. The general consensus on here is that an ACL injury usually takes about 9 months. Ofcourse Zlatan being well into his 30's means a 7 months recovery time is phenomenal. But I admire Rojo as well. To comeback and play as well as he did and even sustain it for 90 mins is really impressive.
According to Di Marzio and Duncan Castles, Ibrahimovic tore both his ACL and PCL. In Rojo's case, I think it was just the ACL. Obviously a torn ACL is a massive injury regardless, and it's good to see Rojo back because I think on form, he's our best CB.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Just like with Pogba, it makes me think that both of them were fit for a while but the club waited for their fitness to reach 120% before playing them. If it also made them avoid the recent international friendlies, all the more be

Norris

According to Di Marzio and Duncan Castles, Ibrahimovic tore both his ACL and PCL. In Rojo's case, I think it was just the ACL. Obviously a torn ACL is a massive injury regardless, and it's good to see Rojo back because I think on form, he's our best CB.
Cheers for that info. Even today, I read a report where Zlatan said his ACL injury was even more complicated than what it seemed. So yeah, it's just great to have both back.

haram

Don't know who our best CB is anymore they all have their days when they're brilliant.

kotha

Brilliant to have him back!! Slotted in like he was in the team all along!!

OldTrevil

His performance deserved a clean sheet at minimum but our fullbacks decided to have an off day. Happy to have him back

BenjaminP

De Gea
Valencia Baily Rojo Young

This back five is strong enough to contend for PL imo. But to win it? We need a better LB, or at least a better back-up LB.
Darmian is miserable at LB. Blind is the slowest footballer I've ever seen. Shaw is out of Mourinho's sight. We welcome you Rose.

extincti fugax hominum

It's great to have him back really.I missed him and his passionate play.Some guys think and say that he only started playing well with Mourinho but for me he was great under LVG as well.Maybe that's because we used him as a left-back occasionally where he can be sloppy at times.But he was always great as a CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.