Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santos J

Great that he's back, hope he finds last seasons good form again.

Distracted Steward

Rojo’s form and contribution last season are underrated.

If he gets back to that level, he’s ahead of Smalling. Rojo would probably make a back there much better and provide needed cover for Jones. If Jones goes down, I could see Rojo on form make quite a pairing with Bailley.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He was good in the first season here. His second season iirc he got injured midway through the season
He was awful man. People were literally saying he was one of the worst players we've had in recent history. Couldn't do anything right.

Took him ages to come good. So much revisionism on the caf these days.

wiz4231

He was awful man. People were literally saying he was one of the worst players we've had in recent history. Couldn't do anything right.

Was good as CB but dreadful as LB

prath92

the revisionism is thinking he wasnt good. he was always a good CB

Mcking

Was good as CB but dreadful as LB
He strangely seems nervous and looks really poor for us at LB which leaves me perplexed as he's played 54 games for Argentina, with 53 being at LB. The reason he looks absolutely a different player at LB for us compared to for Argentina remains a mystery that will need some solving from a soothsayer. We should try him again there, especially when you consider our abundance of CB's compared to our lack of a solid if unspectacular LB capable of making the LB position his own. All in all, it's good to have him back, but he would need some luck and very strong perfomances to aid his cause of getting back to being a starter at CB especially if Jones manages to shake off minor injuries - as he's been doing this season - and avoid the major ones hopefully.

redflair

A total myth that he's been poor at left back for us or Argentina. He's simply not dynamic or skilful enough for that position because it requires more guile and subtlety.

Of course he's a better central defender - but it's because of our paucity at left back (in terms of attacking threat) that everyone, who can't sprint forward with the ball, is labelled poor or rubbish. He isn't. He's still a good defender at left-back.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
the revisionism is thinking he wasnt good. he was always a good CB
Took a little bit to settle into that too. He was very poor for good while. Don't understand this place. Doesn't change that he's pretty decent now (or was before his injury).

Mcking

A total myth that he's been poor at left back for us or Argentina. He's simply not dynamic or skilful enough for that position because it requires more guile and subtlety.

Of course he's a better central defender - but it's because of our paucity at left back (in terms of attacking threat) that everyone, who can't sprint forward with the ball, is labelled poor or rubbish. He isn't. He's still a good defender at left-back.
For us? Nah.
He has that tendency to drift infield, leaving a lot of space for the opposing winger or fullback to run onto. I don't really know why he does so when playing for us. He's okay passing out from the back and moving the ball forward, but one-on-one on the flank, he's not been very good and his overall defending there is usaully very poor.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Glad he's back of course, but am a little worried that in his absence we've elevated him to bit better than he was.

Laurentiu amt

Rojo was our best defender last season when fit and playing. People not seeing that are blind or are not watching the same football as I do.

Stop moaning about how much it took him to reach a more than decent level, the end product matters.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rojo’s form and contribution last season are underrated.

If he gets back to that level, he’s ahead of Smalling. Rojo would probably make a back there much better and provide needed cover for Jones. If Jones goes down, I could see Rojo on form make quite a pairing with Bailley.
I think it's the opposite, I think people are expecting him to come in and be some kind of Maldini now!

Flying high

I strongly disagree, he has been awful nearly every time he's played LB for us.

I'm glad he's back, we need his fighting spirit. He still needs to improve at CB though, he was pretty good most of last year, but we need more than that.

Kapardin

Dunno if you have seen him at LB for us then. He makes "awful" seem as a compliment when he plays there.

Love him at CB though. He's our Argie defender version of Diego Costa.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
His partnership with Jones last year before their injuries was superb and arguably our best since Ferdinand and Vidic. Both were immense week in, week out. Great to have him back.

redflair

Dunno if you have seen him at LB for us then. He makes "awful" seem as a compliment when he plays there.

Love him at CB though. He's our Argie defender version of Diego Costa.
Stop being silly. Of course I've seen him at LB for us. He's been fine, few mistakes, simply not dynamic or skilful enough.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Stop being silly. Of course I've seen him at LB for us. He's been fine, few mistakes, simply not dynamic or skilful enough.
Correct... he is just not what you want from a 'modern' fullback in the Prem.

He is definitely what you want from a 'modern' CB though; that became obvious last season.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Not for me, he'd be way down the pecking order for LB's, he's been useless as a LB when played there for us. Looked very clumsy and cumbersome. Great at CB though.

redflair

Not for me, he'd be way down the pecking order for LB's, he's been useless as a LB when played there for us. Looked very clumsy and cumbersome. Great at CB though.
Useless is stretching it somewhat. He's been tarnished by previous regimes. The narrative is: apalling at left-back, great at centre-back.

Utter garbage - but I'll submit to the sages on here.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Useless is stretching it somewhat. He's been tarnished by previous regimes. The narrative is: apalling at left-back, great at centre-back.

Utter garbage - but I'll submit to the sages on here.
Perhaps he has been tarnished by previous regimes, but I can only comment on what i have seen when he's played there for us which has been very poor in my view.

redom

Couple of sloppy passes but solid enough for his first half back, likes to play as well so should help our overall game.

snk123

He has a great shot on him tbf. Wish he'd be in positions more to try that.

Footyislife

Looks good. Him and Bailly would really allow us to play well from the back. Jones as a backup mixed in when you need more physicality.

IrishRedDevil

Slotted straight back in effortlessly. Fair play to him after being out for so long. Sharp performance overall.

Last edited:

redom

Very good for his first game back, him and Bailly could be some pairing when they're both fit and firing.

Zoo

Like last season it will be Rojo +1 in the centre of defence.

engulfing

Looks many times better than lindelof even though it's his first game back. Lindelof shouldn't play again for us.

Norris

I know ibra gets a lot of plaudits and rightfully so..but rojo returned in the same time frame as well and played a full 90 mins with some really good defending and some great forward passes as well. Really happy for the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.