Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had a good game but stupid decision to tackle from behind. IIRC Smalling had it covered too.

Nick.

I don't care if he toe poked the ball, it was the incorrect decision to even attempt that tackle in the first place. Centre halves must remain calm in these situations and do the rational thing, which was to allow Smalling who was in front of the attacker to block or tackle.

mu4c_20le

I think he's the kind of guy who will always have moments like this in his game, fortunately no points were dropped this time.

el3mel

Said during Basel game he should have had a penalty called on him, he should be more careful but he just repeated it again today. These stupid challenges should never be done in the box.

Away from the penalty, he was good.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Silly peno. He got a tiny bit of the ball but definitely should not have put his foot in at all. He still has that impetuousness about him, even though most of his game is good.

Bobski

He has always been reckless, think back to his first major injury with Utd, that ridiculous sliding tackle against City that damaged his shoulder. Should not forget those red cards he escaped last season either. It is one of the reasons why I was concerned about the sustainability of the Bailly-Rojo partnership, both highly prone to out of control lunges.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It's easy for us to see he managed to lay a toe on the ball, we can see it from 12 different angles in slow motion, a referee sees him cut through his man from behind in the box its a simple decision.

Had a good game otherwise, but this kind of incident could be exploited by City's slick passing around the penalty box.

Djemba-Djemba

Still has those incredibly rash brain dead moments from time to time.

He was ok generally but yeah, that was such a stupid decision.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
A player like Rojo is always going to give away fouls. It was daft, but over the course of 90 mins and with a 4-2 win, I’ve no real concerns.

I like his drive and passion in games. He wants to defend and he wants to start play from the back. Been brilliant since he came back from a long term injury.

kundalini

Really good game until a stupid decision to attempt a tackle from the wrong side, almost inevitable that he was going to make contact with the Watford player and concede a penalty.

kotha

Looking good since he's back.. Always has that loco streak in him,good thing it didn't come and bite us in the ass today.. Doesn't look rusty at all.. Made the transition of not having Jones and Bailey out very simple.. Great time to have him back..

Devil may care

He had a good game and made a rash tackle, it's happened to better CB's than him, not a concern.

Loublaze

ATLien
Looking objectively from a neutral, I think he is definitely your best defender, really quite rate him. Strong quick and reads the game well, strange because I actually thought he was terrible when you first signed him.
Rojo is definitely not the best of United's CBs simply because he's more rash than the others. I love his no nonsense attitude though, and he's United's second strongest CB aerially.

BigCaine

I hope we replace him with a better cb next season, he has played well as a cb but many of his performances much like yesterday seem to be marked with an *, last season until his injury he played really well but we have to remember that he was incredibly lucky not to get sent off on atleast 2 occasions and atleast 1 of them was a straight 3 match ban.

SambaBoy

Typical Rojo that for me. Looking solid but always worried that he might have a mistake in him. To get beaten by Pererya, fine, it happens but don't be so rash or eager to make up for it, just accept it and hope one of your team-mates or GK bails you out.

If he can iron that out of his game, or keep it to a very minimum then he can be a key player for us for years to come but more mistakes like that and he won't be a first choice CB for a top club.

wiz4231

I hope we replace him with a better cb next season, he has played well as a cb but many of his performances much like yesterday seem to be marked with an *, last season until his injury he played really well but we have to remember that he was incredibly lucky not to get sent off on atleast 2 occasions and atleast 1 of them was a straight 3 match ban.
He's just come back from injury and probably is a bit rusty, having said that hes played exceptionally well. As for replacing him with a better CB, who is this? Ramos regarded as 1 of the best CB is also rash at time. It happens.

BigCaine

He's just come back from injury and probably is a bit rusty, having said that hes played exceptionally well. As for replacing him with a better CB, who is this? Ramos regarded as 1 of the best CB is also rash at time. It happens.
Can't compare ramos to rojo the same way i won't compare rojo to vidic those 2 are on level well above rojo while at times rash both are world class rojo isn't. I personally would like us to go for 1 of de ligt or that leipzig kid both have shown great potential, also it isn't just rojo ideally all three jones, smalling and rojo should be replaced by better or potentially better players.

wiz4231

Can't compare ramos to rojo the same way i won't compare rojo to vidic those 2 are on level well above rojo while at times rash both are world class rojo isn't. I personally would like us to go for 1 of de ligt or that leipzig kid both have shown great potential, also it isn't just rojo ideally all three jones, smalling and rojo should be replaced by better or potentially better players.
Potential doesn't always work out, Phil Jones was meant to be the next Duncan Edwards or something like that. We either buy the finished article or persevere and get the best out of the bunch we got. Smalling, Rojo, Jones, Bailly and Lindelof is enough, if 1 or 2 aint and need shipping out, Tuanzebe should be given every chance.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Ship out Rojo, Smalling and Jones and get better? Who are these better? All 3 are among the top CBs in the league. Our CBs aren't a problem.

CBs give away penalties and get red cards sometimes, get over it. Ramos and Pepe are two of the rashest there was. Rojo is a great CB, a penalty or two doesn't change that. It comes with the territory.

BigCaine

Potential doesn't always work out, Phil Jones was meant to be the next Duncan Edwards or something like that. We either buy the finished article or persevere and get the best out of the bunch we got. Smalling, Rojo, Jones, Bailly and Lindelof is enough, if 1 or 2 aint and need shipping out, Tuanzebe should be given every chance.
Was Bailly a finished product, has turned out pretty great though hasn't he. With potential it's always a risk some work out some don't, this whole get best out of what we have is what led to the debacle post SAF as it turned out getting best out of an average bunch is not always easy.

I counted tuanzebe in that list as I think if lindelof makes it then, Bailly, lindelof, de ligt or that dayot really big surname guy and tuanzebe would be good enough not to mention TFM would be back too.

Also how many chances do they need, Jones is a good cb but too injury prone, Smalling is an average defender who has at most a few good moments rest is all 100 shirt pulls a match and a phobia of ball at the feet. Rojo is rash has always been will always be and unlike all the other great defender's everyone is listing to make him look good he is not anywhere near their level for us to overlook his mistakes same way.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Didn't see the game as I was travelling. He seems to always have a dangerous challenge in him though. The main thing is that he's performing the rest of the time but I'd be worried about it in a CL knockout.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's always going to have one of them in him unfortunately it seems, so at least he got it out of his system before we play Arsenal and City.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He needs to calm down at half time, he's been jittery whenever they've pressured us

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What both him and Jones lack is the aerial presence, half of this mess would never happen if he didn't lose every air duel.

Traub

Doubt he would be playing if both Jones and Bailly were fit. He has just come off a very serious and lengthy injury. Expected to be rusty for a while still.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Needs taking off. He’s been a mess.

Minimalist

I think he's been poor since his return. I know he's always been rash but it's very noticeable at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.