6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMaestro

No genuinely didn't, because I can't imagine why you would also be dismissive of a lads academy performances. I think you're going way overboard with your analysis of his long term chances but to say he only scored goals at under 17/18 level because of pace is very harsh.

By the way what is his academy record? Surprised you saw most of his games at those aged levels given most of them aren't televised.
Found this:
  • As an U16, he broke into United’s U18s in the 2013/14 season and made 17 appearances and scored four goals.
  • Played the 2014-15 season almost exclusively as a centre forward due to injuries and the squad size of Under 18s.
  • Scored 25 goals in 59 games for Man Utd Under 18s´
  • Scored 1 goals in 9 games for Man Utd Under 21s
Source: http://football-wonderkids.co.uk/player/marcus-rashford/#.WOFUSGe1s5s
and this is also good info:
http://www.transfermarkt.com/marcus-rashford/alletore/spieler/258923

Dobbs

I dint see all his game but i do follow the academy since the days of petrucci and macheda were 16, i am no jb or khozany but i follow the academy closely.
About his academy record well you can google it yourself you ll find it easily.
The thing is yes he was great at academy but so was wilson and keane and macheda(so good he stopped bothering about reserve games)hell bojan at barca broke messi's records, all except keane had fabulous dream starts but have faded away. A starting striker for manutd is difficult to find in the academy, You have to score goals from the off and unless you are really good you wont, hence why most fail because scoring when teams park the bus is different when your team can create chances at academy level.
I think rashford is overhyped because he is english and he plays for us and we over hype our talents ridiculously and also he had a decent start but know the reality has hit and he is showing his level. Players who are stars in the making show that level of talent, even when ronaldo or robben or messi werent scoring initially they did something that would be great every game and you could see it. With rashford its like i know he will have a poor touch, i know he cant keep the ball or play a good pass,i know he will miss some chances and run the ball out of play and he cant beat a man without using his pace. I do think if united are to win things again we will need a player at level of rooney/robben atleast and rashford may not even reach Chicharito level. Look at welbeck, he started with a goal and he is not anywhere close to a starting forward for top4 club.
He did just that so I don't get what the problem is. Obviously switching to the wings this season the goals will dry up.

I get your overall point about the quality needed to make it but to go to the extent of dismissing even his academy record is something else.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Really impressed with his long range efforts yesterday. I didn't actually see him as much threat at all from distance so those efforts caught me by surprise.

Agree with those saying he needs to bulk up though. Too lean and wirey against tough defenders. I don't see it becoming a deterrent on his pace and dynamism as say it would with Memphis. Just think he's way too lightweight.
He was the only bright soul yesterday to come up with the novel idea of countering bus parking tactics with 3 nicely executed long range efforts. That was enough to get my MOTM acclaim.

Rashford has the speed, the technique along with good finishing instincts however the last part goes to bits when he finds himself with more time than split seconds to think about what to do next. Somehow his few failed attempts at rounding the keepers from the past games, which should be bread and butter skill for any striker plying his trade in top divisions, sum up his current season for me.
Atm it seems there's no composure at all when he gets inside opposition's penalty box, though you could probably blame it all on second season syndrome.

Man Utd 1:1 Everton

Vilev

His finishing really regressed. He was such a cool finisher, but today it looks like he would not score unless it's an open goal. Sure that episode against Everton just a couple minutes ago was an offside, but forward should have scored regardless.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
His finishing really regressed.
I'm not even sure it has. West Ham goal aside, few of his strikes last year were unsaveable, he was just in a wonderful purple patch of form. His confidence has gone this year, and he hasn't yet got the technical proficiency to cover for it. Those who watched him at youth level always said finishing was his weak spot.

Vilev

I'm not even sure it has. West Ham goal aside, few of his strikes last year were unsaveable, he was just in a wonderful purple patch of form. His confidence has gone this year, and he hasn't yet got the technical proficiency to cover for it. Those who watched him at youth level always said finishing was his weak spot.
Well, like 90% of goals are not "unsaveable". Remember the City's goal, smart, cool finish. I agree that confidence plays a huge part.
Jose also lets him down in terms of managing.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Well, like 90% of goals are not "unsaveable". Remember the City's goal, smart, cool finish. I agree that confidence plays a huge part.
The City goal was a case in point. A lovely bit of skill to beat his man (which he's still great at) but the strike was pretty central, and went under the keeper's arm.

Bojan11

How so?

He's been played most games and misses a chance in most games.

Rajma

What was that from Rashford for the Young cross? Again passed on a simple tap in..Once he saw Young released by Herrera he should have charged forward towards their goal, instead he stood still until it was too hecking late. It's such a basic striker instinct, really alarming stuff and that comes from the fan of his.

Minimalist

Takes far too long to take his shots. Makes it too easy for defenders and goalkeeper to stop him.

Godfather

Takes way too long to shoot and when he does it's usually saved as well. Needs to do better

Eddy_JukeZ

He's not good enough to consistently start. Tbf, you could say for a lot in the team tonight.

sport2793

I don't agree with the idea that his movement is garbage. If anything, that's what is keeping him in the side. His finishing and his decision making in the final third have been found out this season though. I really like his role as an impact sub as I feel the best parts of his game are amplified in the later stages of a match.

Vilev

The City goal was a case in point. A lovely bit of skill to beat his man (which he's still great at) but the strike was pretty central, and went under the keeper's arm.
Sure, like 90% of goals. I don't know a forward that has even like 30% of his goals scored in top, bottom corners, beyond the reach of GKs. Whether it's Messi or Lewa or anybody else, most goals are scored exactly like that Rashford's against City.

Vilev

How so?

He's been played most games and misses a chance in most games.
You mean how is it Jose's fault?
Well, there are many things here. First of all what i meant was the apparent lack of guidance. You need to work with young players, Rashford does have a talent, it's pretty obvious, it's also obvious he has some sort of a dip and can't get out. That's the main thing. And it's Jose fault regardless of what he is good at. Because if you don't really cut it as a simple coach (not a manager) you must have someone in your team to pick that up. Then there are couple of other things. For example getting him to play so much time out wide is not exactly a wise decision. It's hard for a young player to adapt this kind of versatility, esp since he just started in seniors.
Also Jose's usual "cry havocs" and criticizing own players, training in parking areas etc, it might work on adult players, experienced ones, but i doubt it's viable strategy for youngsters such as Rashford.

Dobbs

This thread is a shocker. There is zero patience amongst some of you.

I think he's been one of the livelier players tonight.

MadMike

This thread is a shocker. There is zero patience amongst some of you.

I think he's been one of the livelier players tonight.
We're not saying he should be hung, drawn and quartered :lol:

Merely that he's not having a good game. I don't think that's having "0 patience"

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Barry and Holgate are just outmuscling almost every time. He's too weak.

Dobbs

="MadMike, post: 20679385, member: 99669"]We're not saying he should be hung, drawn and quartered :lol:

Merely that he's not having a good game. I don't think that's having "0 patience"
Bizzare statement, I merely said there's no patience amongst some.

There's plenty saying far more than just a critique of this game. On this page alone there's plenty of examples, not sure how you've missed them.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Needs to go on loan. I do like him but he needs to play away from such a hostile environment where he is being expected to be perfect right away and learn how to play football. He can come back a beast.

Zoo

Mourinho should make sure if he is to be called up for that u21 tournament that they intend to play him as a striker.

acnumber9

I feel for him a little playing out wide while Fellaini plays up front when we need a goal. But he isn't playing well enough.

TheSweeper

Needs to go on loan. I do like him but he needs to play away from such a hostile environment where he is being expected to be perfect right away and learn how to play football. He can come back a beast.
He needs to play in his position first and foremost.

Dobbs

The manager must be the only guy who can't see he's asking too much of the lad right now.

KjaAnd

I love the lad but he's playing completely without confidence. He needs to be dropped. Problem is, our alternatives are just as bad atm.

Roboc7

Tries his best but not good enough out wide, should have been moved up front with Ibra instead of fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.