Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
This boy is so talented. I think he'll be a massive player for us and looks like he is the real deal. He's not a center forward, though. Having him playing up top on his own is a massive mistake. You can't cross the ball into him. You can't knock the ball up to him and expect it to stick and he's never, ever going to be the target man you need, if you're playing with just one striker. He's at his best running with the ball or running in behind or even as a poacher but a poacher needs a strike partner.

The only way I see him playing to his strengths and getting the best out of him is part of a fluid, interchanging front 3 or in a two up top partnership.

Arthur Friedenreich

A top player is the result of his talent and determination AND the environment.
You need to have luck and be in the right place in the right time.
If Rashford was a South American player he would be playing in the last two years as starter, them he would be able to pick the right european club where he could develop.

Its impossible analyse Martial or Rashford in this current context, because among the top clubs of the WORLD(including South America), United is the only that would park the bus against Celta de Vigo.

Shimo

He is becoming an absolute standout player but, my goodness wish he'd add a chipped finish to his repertoire. Quite a few opportunities this season where he could have tried, like his chance today - of which he did fantastic to create it in the first place.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
A top player is the result of his talent and determination AND the environment.
You need to have luck and be in the right place in the right time.
If Rashford was a South American player he would be playing in the last two years as starter, them he would be able to pick the right european club where he could develop.

Its impossible analyse Martial or Rashford in this current context, because among the top clubs of the WORLD(including South America), United is the only that would park the bus against Celta de Vigo.
This is whole lot of bollocks and pretentious nonsense.

red4ever 79

Not ready to lead a line yet at 19 and not proflic enough to score the amount of goals we would need to challenge, especially when we are lacking from other areas. That being said he is a wonderful talent who is undoubtably going to be a star. We need 2 strikers in the summer

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His first touch needs to develop consistency then rest of his game will benefit massively as a result.

GM K

Who would have thought that at a period when we needed big characters to step up, it's this kid that would stand up to be counted?

He is the reason why Mikhi has been so disappointing for me and also the reason why Martial cannot be excused.

Web of Bissaka

Compare his all round game now to this time last season, he's TWICE the player he was, what a drastic improvement.

Mourinho got so much criticism for playing Rashford out wide this season, but tonight he's leading the line and he's picked the ball up on the wing and produced an excellent piece of wing play to create such an important goal in this semi final.

If it wasn't for Rashfords development on the wings, we don't score that goal. Where's the Mourinho criticism now? Where are all the posters saying Mourinho would ruin Rashford? Biggest load of rubbish I've ever read earlier this season. Rashford is twice the player.
Majority make judgment so early without patience :D love it when it's proven wrong.

Janson

Zlatan was built similar to Rashford when he was younger. I can see Rashford taking a path akin to Ibra, bulking up and becoming more difficult to deal with for CB's in and around the box. He also probably learnt alot watching and playing with Ibra, which will be of help.

In fact, I think he should try bulking up already. It's strange how Mourinho hasn't done something about this. Like Capello did with Zlatan. Maybe he will loose some of his quickness but it will expand his game tremendously.

Jonno

Remember when half the caf were hoping he gets loaned out next season to 'further his development'? :lol::lol:

I wonder if they still want this?

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Zlatan was built similar to Rashford when he was younger. I can see Rashford taking a path akin to Ibra, bulking up and becoming more difficult to deal with for CB's in and around the box. He also probably learnt alot watching and playing with Ibra, which will be of help.

In fact, I think he should try bulking up already. It's strange how Mourinho hasn't done something about this. Like Capello did with Zlatan. Maybe he will loose some of his quickness but it will expand his game tremendously.
That being said, he does look incredibly strong in holding up the ball. Loves a shoulder barge too.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

He's bulked up loads over the last 12 months. He's still very young though. He won't fill out properly until he's stopped growing. Which can't be rushed.

Janson

He's bulked up loads over the last 12 months. He's still very young though. He won't fill out properly until he's stopped growing. Which can't be rushed.
Ah, I wasn't even considering his age, that makes sense. I remember hearing Zlatan gained 13+ kg in his first year at Juve, but he was already 23 by then.

Janson

Didn't he also say that he regretted bulking up that much?
No idea, I haven't heard anything about that. I'm not sure but I believe he lost some of the weight later, continuosly trying to optimise his weight throughout his career. I don't think he would have reached the level he did if he stayed skinny.

Ragarding his first year at Juve, we had some Swedish coach making allegations that he was doped because he gained 10kg of pure muscle in 6 months apparently. I think he apologized to Zlatan for saying that later.

Just imagine if we got Rashford on steroids next season, and if someone gets suspicious we'll just say he's had a lot of Red Bull.:)

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
And also I'm not buying that 180cm bullshit at all, he's 187cm or taller.
He looked small next to Carrick in an interview recently. Carrick is about six foot two. I wouldn't put Rashfords height at above six foot (yet).

Bwuk

Wonder what the Griezmann rumours mean for him? Another season playing mostly wide, or upfront with Griezmann?

I think they would be class together.

Maybe even a 343 with Griezmann, Rashford and Martial as front three?

ovoxo

Wonder what the Griezmann rumours mean for him? Another season playing mostly wide, or upfront with Griezmann?

I'd be very shocked to see Griezmann play as a main striker. I think it'll be Rashford with Griezmann behind him.

Bwuk

I'd be very shocked to see Griezmann play as a main striker. I think it'll be Rashford with Griezmann behind him.
Hope so, Martial can deputise for Rash and Mata for Griezmann. Certainly have the squad for it.

The White Pele

I really think we need to play with 2 strikers next season. I don't think Rashford is ready to be the focal point in attack and carry the burden of goalscoring on his own. If we rotate Rashford, Griezmann, Martial in the two striking positions, playing with lots of movement, backed up by a strong midfield with Pogba off the leash then we will be a force IMO.

Only real flaw would be that we may rely on the full-backs for width and our current options are not so threatening in the final third.

Rossa

Not the spinning part but LOL anyway :p
Agree about the rest :D. As a goalie, you can to some extent guess where the shot will go from looking at the angle of the foot before it hits the ball. A good taker will feint a shot, but the shot that Rashford took will take any goalie by surprise.

Brightonian

I know some of the results have been underwhelming, but I've loved watching us again this season, and he's been at the heart of that. I reckon he's as exciting to watch as any United player during my stint. Bar possibly 06/07 Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.