6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeky_backheel

Kid is developing quite nicely. Like the way his getting more rounded and the confidence he is showing.

Hopefully Mourinho keeps him in that LWF role next season and we get an older player to suffer the physical abuse of being the CF. That way, Rashford can be our equivalent of CR7 at Madrid, getting the goals without the physical abuse and pressure of a CF.

red4ever 79

Fantastic goal, led the line well. He has become our number 1 striker now with Ibra out. Hope to see him kick on next season and compete more with whoever we bring in. His pace is scary

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Doing brilliant and as you'd expect still massive areas to improve on. Hold up play, decision making, finishing but these can all be worked on what a player he looks with the attributes he has already. He's going to be massive for us but we need someone to lead our line next year as Marcus is not yet ready. But it's going to come and if/when he takes the next step we are talking about one of the deadliest jet healed strikers in Europe at our club through the youth things don't get any better than that.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Produced three world class moments yesterday.. the first shot was sensational - still scratching my head as to how that didn't go in and that pass to Lingard was class due to the little shimmy he done before releasing it and the free kick was out of this world.

Beckham hit his with pure curl but Rashford is more modern day mixture of curl and knuckleball - it was more Drogbaesque who had my favourite free kick technique in the more recent times.

Hope he doesn't do a Ronaldo and it's a one off.. it does look a sustainable technique, and not hit and hope. Quality stuff.

If we do get in a new forward like I've asked for, hope it's not a really young forward.. I think Rash does deserve a shot at being the 9 within 2-3 years and see if he can shoulder the burden of a title challenge as the premier striker.

flappyjay

I hope he doesn't play against Arsenal. This is the exact reason we need a big name signing in the summer to ease the burden. Sadly too many people on here seem to think it will 'hamper his development'. Did signing Yorke, Solskjaer and Sheringham hamper Andy Coles development?! :lol:
On evidence this season it will. Before Ibra got injured he had played about 3 games as a striker all season. It was easier back in the day when we played two strikers to give them all decent minutes

Treble

Didn't expect that strike from him. Great goal, wonderful talent.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Really happy for the lad and glad he has stepped up now that Zlatan is out, but compare him to the likes of Ronaldo already...come on. That's a really high bar to set, hell it's basically saying hes a future Ballon d'or winner.

Hes only 19, he does not need those kinds of expectations and that kind of pressure pushed on him

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Mourinho doesn't trust young players. Zlatan will hurt Rashford's development. Rashford has regressed.

All this nonsense has been shattered by Rashford really stepping up since Ibrahimovic's injury.
I'm not saying he can consistently deliver, but he has improved, appears to be working hard and, as a result, is trusted by the coaching staff and his teammates.

He's a guy where you really hope it works out because he simply appears to be humble and hard-working.

Fracture90

He just needs to improve his dribbling when in 1on1 situations because atm it all comes down to him running at straight lines.

Great goal from that freekick, although GK could have done better there.

He's still 19 and learning tho, can't wait to see him when he's a finished product.

Dex_Utd

Great performance and the free kick was super.

Needs to work on the corners though, can't remember him ever taking a good corner.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Rashford, along with Martial, are the reasons I'm not as bothered as some about Mbappé. I think these two are just as talented. What we need is a top notch attacking coach to improve our cohesion and adaptability.

Regarding him on corner duty, I see the logic in it even if he's not delivering. Along with Blind he probably delivers the best crosses in open play. Pogba's delivery is excellent at times, too, but with Zlatan and Smalling out, you can see why José wants him in the box. Probably not been since Beckham we've had a consistant set piece expert.

On his Ronaldo-esque technique, I remember that Scholes quote. Even before his stunning goal last night, you could see it with the way he delivers his crosses and the occasional shot since debuting.

cyberman

From AS.. He certainly left an impression in Spain last night..

Along with Mbappe will become one of the football greats of tomorrow. He has great presence, is fast, possesses fine technical ability and has an excellent shot. Sergio did well to repel him in the first half as the striker steps into the shadow left by Ibrahimovic's long term injury. This is a player to watch

Scarecrow

Having a week off
How tall is he actually? Wiki says 1.80 but I'm not buying that. He's much closer to Martial (1.84) than to Lingard (1.75). He's also definitely taller than Shaw who's listed at 1.85. Something doesn't seem right there.

All of those numbers seem a bit off, to be honest.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The more I see him, the more I think you need a proven target man like Dzeko upfront (not another prospect like Belotti or Lukaku) for a couple of years, in order to facilitate your youngsters' development.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The more I see him, the more I think you need a proven target man like Dzeko upfront (not another prospect like Belotti or Lukaku) for a couple of years, in order to facilitate your youngsters' development.
I am pro us signing Dzeko. He is premiership proven, experienced, tall and wouldn't cost us a whole lot. Also the type of striker the Griez would like to play off.

Also 31 years old so won't get in the way of Rashford.

Womp

idiot
It's been a while since I've been so excited about a United player. He is immense and Jose's comments about him staying back and putting in extra training just illustrates this kid's mentality.

Jose loves the kid and that speaks volumes about his mentality.

Robertd0803

It's been a while since I've been so excited about a United player. He is immense and Jose's comments about him staying back and putting in extra training just illustrates this kid's mentality.

Jose loves the kid and that speaks volumes about his mentality.
Also seems the case that Jose loves the fact that Rashford is so coachable and adaptable to his instructions.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
In some sequences, he looks way older than his age suggests. It is a bit exciting tbh. Loved the fact he didn't take shit from them and took his time for the sub.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I love Rashford but theres one thing frustrates me... When he pretends to challenge for a header that he could probably win. If he was aggressive in these situations I wouldn't have one complaint with him at all. Afraid to get a clattering when the ball is up in the air it seems

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He just needs to improve his dribbling when in 1on1 situations because atm it all comes down to him running at straight lines.

Great goal from that freekick, although GK could have done better there.

He's still 19 and learning tho, can't wait to see him when he's a finished product.
I've mentioned it before, but he actually needs to slow down a bit when dribbling which sounds weird. He tries to run at top speed but he losses the agility to move side/side at his full pace. Once he's in a straight line race it's fine but getting closer to the box he needs to almost jog so that he can manoeuvre easier.

Oscie

Definitely improving as a player. He times his runs better now. Has a great instinct too in terms of when to release the ball if he's playing provider out wide, not afraid of the early cross. One of the thing's that wind me up are players with flair and speed who get into positions of being able to whip the ball in who're then plagued by a infernal hesitancy. Rashford doesn't seem to have that, thankfully.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
How tall is he actually? Wiki says 1.80 but I'm not buying that. He's much closer to Martial (1.84) than to Lingard (1.75). He's also definitely taller than Shaw who's listed at 1.85. Something doesn't seem right there.

All of those numbers seem a bit off, to be honest.
Rashford is 1.85, Shaw 1.81, Jones 1.85, Martial 1.81, Lingard 1.74 according to http://www.thefinalball.com/equipa.php?id=87

Great to see him having end product from a free kick, after nearly scoring against West Brom, and being denied an assist with his delivery against Man City.

Last edited:

Fracture90

I've mentioned it before, but he actually needs to slow down a bit when dribbling which sounds weird. He tries to run at top speed but he losses the agility to move side/side at his full pace. Once he's in a straight line race it's fine but getting closer to the box he needs to almost jog so that he can manoeuvre easier.
Yeah but I guess it will come to him eventually.

OldTrevil

One of the hardest things to do for a right footer is to score a free-kick from that angle and Rashford pulled it of with consumate ease. Reminiscent of 1 David Beckham many moons ago.
Eh not really, that angle is very doable for a right footer. Let's not exaggerate, he hit the ball sweetly but if the keeper doesn't first gamble to his left he saves it.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Agree, deceleration would broaden his spectrum of possibilities while approaching the box; his goal at West Ham last year was a good example of that, as he could have either gone on the outside of the defender or ark the shot into the far corner, which he eventually did.

He should raid the archives for footage of Henry and Kaka in the same situations. The way they would stop the defender then burst past them is something Rashford could regularly utilise (a bit like he did against City last season) as neither had the R9 close control at speed in tight scenarios (something Martial does IMO)

He's certainly an unpolished gem, but he certainly seems willing to learn and work to become an elite forward, in the same way Cristiano Ronaldo and Henry himself had to. He's already technically better than Bale, who's just the product of raw physicality and meticulously honed kicking technique. Marcus has more natural flare.

Festive Sandvich

Very honestly, Rashford's kick might have been travelling as quickly as Beckham's, but Beckham got it to curl a lot more in the same situation. The curve isn't anywhere similar.
The two freekicks were from about the same position, and in to the same corner, but that's where the similarity ends. Rashford's was a fine strike, but Beckham's was unstoppable.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
There's this video of him doing a crossbar challenge/freekick thing and he hits the free-kicks like Ronaldo but I can't find the flipping video and I think it may have been whilst he was on England (U-21) duty. But yeah with Rashford I get the feeling there's a lot more in his locker and we will see the pieces falling into place in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.