Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
If refs don't improve, players like Rashford will be ruined at a young age. They foul him hard because they know he will outrun him. An early yellow, well deserved, to Otamendi would force them to think twice and let Rashford play football. Useless refereeing
Yeah, it would've completely changed the dynamic of the game. Absolutely terrible refereeing letting that one go unpunished.

It isn't helping us that Rash is limping around barely moving without the ball since that situation. We need his mobility to create space to counter in.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
That free kick was class.

The yellow cards that should have been would have helped as well but they seem to be able to do whatever they want to Rashford and Martial

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I don’t rate him anywhere near as highly as the caf does. I don’t think that he is well rounded enough to lead the lines. He has the pace to get behind defenders and he can score all sorts of goals. He is also pretty decent with the ball on his feet. That said I think he lacks the quality to play with has back towards the goal or to bring other players into the scene. All of that means that he is a great option both as sub or as squad player, but I have my doubts that he has the quality to be effective on a weekly basis. I hope he sticks around and proves me wrong.
I agree with most of what you said but I'd add that what annoys me the most with hil are his runs. He seems to be offside too many times and doesnt provide anything else than 'I ll run to the space'.

He needs to add variety to his game

AndyJ1985

He's the only player in our attack that I'm a fan of and the only one I expect to make something happen from nothing.

Fracture90

Same as Martial, stranded in attack often all alone or just with Mikhi or Martial with him against 6 City players.

Bojan11

Nothing really for him this game. Think we needed Ibrahimovic tonight to deal with the two tossers in defence.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we set up to actually attack a tiny bit more, I reckon he'd have scored a goal or two. In the few times he actually got the ball in potent positions he had Otamendi and Kompany on toast. A real shame, really.

RedMaestro

Nothing really for him this game. Think we needed Ibrahimovic tonight to deal with the two tossers in defence.
True, but he still did his best. Still weighs too little to take care of the defenders. But he'll surely improve that bit too. It's such a joy to watch him play.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
His mere presence ensured City CBs didn't try to overload the midfield. People underestimate the impact he had even without the ball.

Devil may care

This was our only exciting moment of the match, his inability to hold the ball up is why I think he'll need to play in a partnership to be used as a #9 for Jose, but his tenacity and work ethic are terrific.

Stadjer

He played well for the role he was supposed to play in. He didnt get much protection from the ref (neither did Martial) either

Sylar

Felt sorry for him in the second half. At times we were launching it towards him to try and hold it up like he was Zlatan instead of into spaces for him to run into (which would have suited him and the team much more).
Think he will benefit a lot when Pogba comes back into the team.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Was isolated as hell but looked lively. Always looking to get in behind, take people on etc.

That flick was :drool:

Ban

He would have benefited of having Ibra in the team but you know he slows our play and stuff.

Player Red

His mere presence ensured City CBs didn't try to overload the midfield. People underestimate the impact he had even without the ball.
Exactly. Pep played four actual defenders at the back for this reason. We just didn't hit the channels enough along the ground.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Didn't get much protection after having the shite kicked out of him by Kompany and Otamendi. He's a tough lad though, just bounced straight back up. I do think he could have done with being a bit more vocal after some of those challenges though. Make sure the referee takes notice of the next one. Every time a City defender went through the back of him, Martial or Mkhi, Atkinson just waved play on. We just got on with it, but we probably should have applied a bit more pressure, because they just kept doing it.

JoaquinJoaquin

Didn't get much protection after having the shite kicked out of him by Kompany and Otamendi. He's a tough lad though, just bounced straight back up. I do think he could have done with being a bit more vocal after some of those challenges though. Make sure the referee takes notice of the next one. Every time a City defender went through the back of him, Martial or Mkhi, Atkinson just waved play on. We just got on with it, but we probably should have applied a bit more pressure, because they just kept doing it.
Agreed. Atkinson had a nightmare last night, yet some City fans really think the PL has an agenda against them. Laughable.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I would rest him on Sunday, and if possible not use him at all unless he is needed. Lad is something special need him fresh

Jacko21

He did become very isolated as the game wore on.

Though I do wonder whether the way he stretched awkwardly defending City's free-kick, was hurting him more than he let on.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Anyone else enjoy Kompany's post-match comments? He's clearly very impressed by Rashers and Martial and he's come up against a lot of quality players over the years, so I'd trust his opinion.
Yup, caught my eye as well.. very nice words by him and said with abit of experience, they'd have presented much more of a threat.

red4ever 79

Gets better every game. His speed is fantastic, his touch is great, his strength gets better and better. The goals will come. Not sure he is ready to be the first choice yet, but certainly Mourinho likes him and he will get plenty of game time. Feel much happier with his development and potential over Martial

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He was on his own last night and tried to do it but ultimately had no where to go. You could tell he knew what he had to do and gave it his all though

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Unfortunate, he didn't have an assist to his name, as he made yet another teasing delivery. In the first half alone, he made five or six runs where he made a good run, but the final pass played into him was often rushed, or ignored for a more safe option. For large periods of the game, he was isolated and that got to him a bit. We needed a metronome and a playmaker so the team could get a grip on the game, as we squandered the ball aimlessly.

Should've done the Ronaldo chop when approaching the defender as he'd already committed himself in one direction. Never really seen Rashford do the chop, think he'd find it a useful trait as he's very agile.

Last edited:

pascell

Unfortunate, he didn't have an assist to his name, as he made yet another teasing delivery. In the first half alone, he made five or six runs where he made a good run, but the final pass played into him was often rushed, or ignored for a more safe option. For large periods of the game, he was isolated and that got to him a bit. We needed a metronome and a playmaker so the team could get a grip on the game, as we squandered the ball aimlessly.

Thanks for that, I honestly think it'd be a handy trait for him to use.

criticalanalysis

Anyone else enjoy Kompany's post-match comments? He's clearly very impressed by Rashers and Martial and he's come up against a lot of quality players over the years, so I'd trust his opinion.
Kompany is always very complimentary about opposition players (and to Utd in the past iirc) and is actually quite neutral; so much in so, I think there's a lack of a killer instinct i.e a bit too much respect. But that's me being a body AND language expert dere..

That Fellani pass to Martial was so frustrating. He did fecking brilliantly on his Pogba-'let it roll past the body-dummy impression, then ruins it by ignoring Rashford's run AND then under hitting it to Martial. Lost all lost momentum of that one counter attacking chance.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Look at Rashford's reaction when Fellaini ignored him, must be frustrating playing with a coward like that.

Minimalist

Anyone else notice him getting visibly pissed with our 'midfield' refusing to play him in just now?
Our midfield is non existent, I'm wouldn't be surprised. Carrick is dreadful and Herrera is running around like a headless chicken (piss easy for Swansea to play against).

Status
Not open for further replies.