Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I like him and all, but he's nowhere near ready to play up front for a Top 4 team. His touch, control, passing, finishing are all extremely inconsistent. We can't carry players like this at the moment.

roykeane19

The more he plays the more he looks like just a kick and run merchant, with no actual driblling ability, hes not making runs, finishing this season is shit

Reddevildans

Can't fault his effort. But he really thinks he can do everything already. Before that free kick at the end i guessed he would over hit and go for goal and that's exactly what he did. Really should be concentrating on the basics.

NK86

Should be taken off free kick and Corner duties immediately. He is going to be a top player for us but he is not ready to lead the line over the course of the season. Been telling that for a while now.

Bojan11

I'm going to get criticised for this but I honestly think he's the most overrated English player since Michael Owen. He's a kick and run merchant who can finish well when he's on form.

But world class potential? I seriously doubt it.
I agree. There's a big difference between his dribbling and the likes of Mbappe/Dembele/Martial. He was good against Chelsea when space to run in behind.

Man-United

It's much better to rotate a 19 year old instead of playing him all the time. 120+90+90 in ten days. That's why we need more players up front.

Rossa

And the same caftards were condoning Ronaldo before Young. Football fans are hypocrites. Shocker.

Diving is no more cheating than defenders constantly getting away with tugging the shirts of attackers when the referee can't see it. As with everything, it's about doing it cleverly.
The most shocking thing is that you condone hypocrisy. Quite a few football fans were on Ronaldo's back as well, same with Nani. We constantly criticize players like Suarez, but when it's our own it's OK? No!

Tugging shirts is a completely kettle of fish - same as robbing a bank really. If you looked at Llorente he also tugged at Blind's shirt before he had a clear shot on goal before bottling it. Attackers do this as much as defenders. That being said, a good few defenders also go down like a two dollar whore at times either to get a free kick when they know they've lost the duel or to get a player sent off - should also be retrospectively banned.

Snafu17

The idea that he has no dribbling ability, despite him showcasing it for the entire fecking season, is fecking mind boggling.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
This might sound like a bitter knee jerk reaction, but i don't really understand the hype here. Yes hes got tremendous pace, but i can't really say i see him as a future world class player. Great goal vs Anderlecht, but that should not cover up a largely disappointing season.

His finishing is ok, nothing special, but his technique and guile is not really up to scratch.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Tugging shirts is a completely kettle of fish
No it's not. It's trying to con the referee just like diving. Just like defenders / attackers claiming goal kicks / corners fully knowing they are wrong.

DeOddi

Poor game from him. But it´s a shame that our players didn´t want to use him properly and ignored every run he made. The only time they actually sent him through he won a penalty (even if it was a dive).

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Think we would have looked more dangerous if him and Martial had swapped roles today. Against packed defences Martials more intricate dribbling is more effective

Rossa

No it's not. It's trying to con the referee just like diving. Just like defenders / attackers claiming goal kicks / corners fully knowing they are wrong.
So a goalie signaling for a goal kick when it's a corner is the same as diving?

Quite absolute when it comes to cheating, you are. Moral standards, on the other hand.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Thought he was very good in the first half. Looked worn out in the second, some poor decision making and some very poor set pieces. He's not suddenly dreadful, he's a young player that showed inconsistency and had a poor game in the context of playing a lot of games in a short space of time. Typical knee jerk reaction here though as per expectation.

Devil may care

His engineering of the penalty was what some pros would call smart as long as it's not against them, basically he cheated and I'd be pissed if it happened the other way around, but hey ho.

I really think his lack of hold up play means he's better on the wing right now.

Zoo

He's not ready to lead the line. Martial is ahead of him in that respect.

Valencia Shin Crosses

His engineering of the penalty was what some pros would call smart as long as it's not against them, basically he cheated and I'd be pissed if it happened the other way around, but hey ho.

I really think his lack of hold up play means he's better on the wing right now.
Except his lack of close control and average dribbling make him much less of a threat out wide

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Playing like an inconsistent 19 year old. Unfortunately we're relying on him as our main goal threat. It's a ridiculous situation really.

Devil may care

Except his lack of close control and average dribbling make him much less of a threat out wide
He's not the first winger to thrive mostly off pace, he causes more problems there than he does centrally most of the time as unless we are playing against a team with a high line he struggles.

Riverized157

Supports
Benfica
He gave absolutely everything today. Didn´t stop running and pressing. I get it that he is not by all means a finished product and that sometimes is first touch and decision making is lacking, but keep in mind that he is only 19 years old and he has already showed that is much more then a kick and run merchant - you just have to check is goal vs Anderlecht to see that he has real technic.

Zoo

Like young Cristiano he's going to be quite frustrating at times. Still won us the penalty don't forget.

cyberman

Teach him to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Not everything has to be taking on 3 players or knocking it wide and isolating yourself.
Everytime a midfielder brought it forward Marcus was running away taking him out as an option so the only pass on was Valencia or Young

Dobbs

I thought some of his hold up play upto about 70 mins was good. Either a good touch or carrying the ball. Then he got tired and it went to shit. Unfortunately not much of the attacking stuff worked either.

You go into a season with an 18 year old and a 35 year old upfront. This is what you get.

R'hllor

It's much better to rotate a 19 year old instead of playing him all the time. 120+90+90 in ten days. That's why we need more players up front.
Hard to do when someone needs to play whole game even if its 10:0

Rossa

Yes. They are both attempts to con the referee and 'cheat' to get decisions in their favour.
This is one of the times I don't agree with you, Akash. Raising your hand trying to influence the corner is not cheating. At worst it's trying to influence the ref. Blatantly diving is something else entirely.

Fracture90

Effort is there, he's challenging for every ball, pressuring and menacing opposition, but today he had 0 delivery from the team. Don't think he even had a shoot on goal.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Didnt play well but then not many in a red shirt did.

The roller coaster of opinions on the Caf continues, a week after a brilliant performance vs Chelsea and considered a potential world beater, he's now being written off by many.

Eddy_JukeZ

Rashford is definitely inconsistent and shouldn't be relied upon as much as he has.

He's had his good performances.

And there's ability, but he comes off really erratic at times. I don't know if he's as good as some think on here.

AndyJ1985

At 19 and playing in a dysfunctional team his performances are going to be up and down. He's an exciting talent, no doubt about that. I just hope we get our act together next season and he can kick on as playing backup to a new, clinical forward. It's too early for him to be a regular starter.

Robbie Boy

If we sort our shambles of an attack out for next season, I can see him getting a good goal return.

Web of Bissaka

I thought some of his hold up play upto about 70 mins was good. Either a good touch or carrying the ball. Then he got tired and it went to shit. Unfortunately not much of the attacking stuff worked either.
Yup, he's adding that into his game. Good improvement.

You go into a season with an 18 year old and a 35 year old upfront. This is what you get.
And a 30 year old Legend whom many think still got it, including the manager. Plus, another young 20 year old who could also play there but inconsistent. Well tbf, the 35 year old have an amazing reputation of having great fitness and capable of playing all the games in every seasons previously so..

Web of Bissaka

I dislike divings, but hey it's what deemed to be normal in professional football isn't it - conning the referees and getting as much chances of winning as you can. Media and many football commentators blast it, but majorities of professional football players do it all the time - conning referees to win free kicks, penalties, corners, fouls etc.

Generally, of course there are those few rare totally moral upright footballers who wouldn't do "it" at all and the some dirty players who bring it to the next level like stamping, insulting or biting*ahem*. I still doesn't agree with Rashford's diving though.

Like young Cristiano he's going to be quite frustrating at times. Still won us the penalty don't forget.
Yup, he reminds me of those days when CRonaldo kept on blasting and wasting free kicks, and the bad corners he at times took, or his general team plays and decisions making. Rashford's set piece taking now is disappointing. Very frustrating, but the rewards for the future will be plenty.:keano:

RAVred

We should use prem games to try out stuff now imo. The fact is Martial + Rashford are not working well for some reason. WE need to try two striker formations with them (resting at half time whoever's more tired), and try Martial as the Left wing and Martial as the centre etc.

I think at the moment, Martial is indeed more useful centrally than out wide, and more useful then Rashford. That being said, we can use the celta game to evaluate, because we will actually have a mid field in that game. Rashford's ineffective because we have no mid field to play off his strength (Getting in behind), Whilst Martial's is tricky dribbling, beating men, etc.

Also, I honestly think Owen's kind of right on this one. IMO rashford wasnt intentionally diving, he was trying to not harm himself, I'd rather a player does that then get a serious injury. He was unlucky that Fabianski pulled back his hands, but who knows? It's like half way to calling the foul on Messi or on that Nice player today a dive (Except the challenges were worse of course), just because they went out the way of them and fell. Imo Sane's dive was much worse, same with Alli's (MUCH MUCH worse)

Status
Not open for further replies.