Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
No way should he go on loan ffs!

Has so much quality, just needs to keep developing his game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thought he was very good, scored goal and was lively all game, at least after first 20-30 mins.

Ashley R1+O

Busted his balls for that goal and I loved how he never gave in all night. He has the mentality - just needs a refresh on his game on the field and to get the wheels going again.

Spirit of Solskjaer

Mourinho a bit critical of Rashford after the game:

(On Sanchez) "We have a fantastic group of attacking players and he is another one with more maturity and experience. His choice for the second goal is a choice that a player like Marcus Rashford is too nervous to make that kind of decision. He brings maturity and class."

Drainy

It's quite annoying that he started the season so well by being more selfless, but he seems to have gotten a bit more greedy in the last few months.

I do wonder if some mouth-breathing member of the England coaching staff told him that he needed to be more selfish to be a top striker a-la Shearer's comments on the BBC.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It's quite annoying that he started the season so well by being more selfless, but he seems to have gotten a bit more greedy in the last few months.

I do wonder if some mouth-breathing member of the England coaching staff told him that he needed to be more selfish to be a top striker a-la Shearer's comments on the BBC.
I think it is just the pressure of Martial taking his spot in the team combined with him apparently scoring three times in his last 21 appearances (according to the BBC). Lack of goals recently will be playing on his mind hence him being a bit more selfish.

IrishRedDevil

(On Sanchez) "We have a fantastic group of attacking players and he is another one with more maturity and experience. His choice for the second goal is a choice that a player like Marcus Rashford is too nervous to make that kind of decision. He brings maturity and class."
He hit the nail on the head really. Rashford has been far too greedy recently and has a lot to learn. Age is on his side of course.

ash_86

Good goal for him, will give him confidence. Needs to make decisions faster

Rajma

Good on Jose asking him to be less greedy in subtle manner. Hopefully Rash responds to it.

Djemba-Djemba

I didn't think he played great but he did really well for the goal and he's deserved some reward.

He's been really unlucky the last few months and had some incredible shots that have hit the post or the bar so I'm glad he got a goal tonight.

Double figures for the season, he can push on and get close to 20 I think.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Why on earth would we send him on loan? He plays in almost every match...

A couple of injuries to our attacking players and we would instantly regret it.
to give him a run as a starting player in a settled position which is what he needs if he is ever going to be more then a bit part player.

stepic

to give him a run as a starting player in a settled position which is what he needs if he is ever going to be more then a bit part player.
He’s better off training and playing alongside world class players, rising to the challenge of proving himself and justifying his selection, rather than being really good amongst average players.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
He’s better off training and playing alongside world class players, rising to the challenge of proving himself and justifying his selection, rather than being really good amongst average players.
disgaree we've heard that arguemnt for a year and a half and their hasn't been much progression in his game in that time.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust

not really surprising, before he came to united Mourinho said on many occasions he has always said he prefers to work with players around the 27 to 30 age range, him not been very trustful of youth shouldn't be surprising.

ZupZup

What team sends a player who is playing week in and week out away on loan?! I’d love to hear some examples, because I’m struggling...

Players improve all the time without going away on loan. Lingard hasn’t been on loan for a few seasons now and look at how much he has improved over the last 12 months.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

A little dig at Rashford from Mourinho, but a necessary one i think. He has played for himself a bit too much lately.

Good for him to get a goal.

SteveW

Sending him on loan is one of the silliest things I've read on here for a while.

p2pZeus

Admin deleted my post regarding the silly loan idea because it was full of abuse words.

That’s how ridiculous this loan talk is.

A united player played loaned out will feel it as a downgrade and be demotivated. I cant remember any of our academy players benefitting from loan deals.

Rash is our future, whoever is pushing this loan idea needs to watch more football. simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What did he say?
Was more just using Rashford as an example of saying how we recently have fecked up counter after counter while Sanchez showed his experience and composure in picking the right pass. Could've said Pogba too and the point would've been the same. Both of them feck up so many counters by choosing to shoot it or wait way too long to pass and kill the move. Sanchez did the simple pass which is often the correct decision and we scored.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
What team sends a player who is playing week in and week out away on loan?! I’d love to hear some examples, because I’m struggling...

Players improve all the time without going away on loan. Lingard hasn’t been on loan for a few seasons now and look at how much he has improved over the last 12 months.
I think the most obvious answer is Lukaku, and id add Wilshire, Sturridge and Beckham, but your right thier isnt many, but we have to try somthing diffrent, becuase i look at Rashfrod now compared to the player who broke through coming up 2 two years ago and i see very little progression, i'd say set pieces are better, and he seems far more desperate when he gets the ball and maybe looks like he is enjoying himself less. So if what where doing isnt working so lets try somthing different

Look at it this way do you think De Bryune would be the player he is now if he had stayed and not played at Chelsea, same with Lukaku, Sahah? We have a manger who likes experinced players, we want Rashford to be succesful best way to do that his get him experince, hes playing time is going to become more limited at united, with Sanchez playing the same role as Rashford has been playing and thier was already Martial, i would be shocked if we dont by one more attacker in the summer, Rashford is coming up to the age were consistent game time in a set position with a coach who believes in him(which its obvious Mourinho doesn't) is everything to a players progression, he isnt realistically gonna get that at united. So the choice becomes let him slide into a bit part player when he will probably be sold in a few years or take a chance and loan him out.

DdeGoat

Was more just using Rashford as an example of saying how we recently have fecked up counter after counter while Sanchez showed his experience and composure in picking the right pass. Could've said Pogba too and the point would've been the same. Both of them feck up so many counters by choosing to shoot it or wait way too long to pass and kill the move. Sanchez did the simple pass which is often the correct decision and we scored.
Thanks.

Yeah, doesn't sound like a specific dig at Rashford. More in general about the composure Sanchez brings to the team.

Greck

Would become a baffling comment if he put Pogba and Rashford's decision-making in the same category but I think I get your point.

Actually felt he's been trying to light a fire under Rashford. Remember last FA cup game when he said he had to bring Lukaku on at halftime because Rashford definitely wasn't going to score. Must be his motivation style

haram

He used Rashford as an example as he is the youngest player. Pogba shouldn’t be ‘nervous’ considering what he has already achieved in his career and his price tag.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Nah, i don't think you name a player if you don't want a message get across. Mourinho covers it by saying young players, but naming Rashford he is getting his message out there to Rashford that he is trying to impress the wrong way.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would become a baffling comment if he put Pogba and Rashford's decision-making in the same category but I think I get your point.

Actually felt he's been trying to light a fire under Rashford. Remember last FA cup game when he said he had to bring Lukaku on at halftime because Rashford definitely wasn't going to score. Must be his motivation style
I think he meant more in that situation which was a common situation vs Burnley and Leicester, nd that our younger players kept fecking it up. Both rashford and pogba were taking the selfish options of going for glory on their own instead of doing the easy pass to set up the real chance. Pogba is quality of course, but he's still pretty young and not quite in his peak so it applies to him too. Generally our decision making in the final erd let's us down. Sanchez isn't perfect but moments like that, he'll pick the right option most of the time and it makes a world of difference.

haram

Nah, i don't think you name a player if you don't want a message get across. Mourinho covers it by saying young players, but naming Rashford he is getting his message out there to Rashford that he is trying to impress the wrong way.
Yeah thats possible, I’m just saying why he probably wouldn’t mention Pogba.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That line on Rashford is nothing, really. If he was wanting to be truly critical of Rashford he'd have done it in a harsher manner like with Martial and Shaw. For me it is just an off-hand comment.

Greck

I think he meant more in that situation which was a common situation vs Burnley and Leicester, nd that our younger players kept fecking it up. Both rashford and pogba were taking the selfish options of going for glory on their own instead of doing the easy pass to set up the real chance. Pogba is quality of course, but he's still pretty young and not quite in his peak so it applies to him too. Generally our decision making in the final erd let's us down. Sanchez isn't perfect but moments like that, he'll pick the right option most of the time and it makes a world of difference.
Still would never lump Pogba. He only had that one really glaring moment of selfishness. His decisionmaking in key moments is far closer to Sanchez than it is Rashford. Without digressing I think he singled out Rashford to motivate him to rectify this flaw. This is already the 2nd time he's singled him specifically and it's not just because he doesn't rate him

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That dig at Rashford could easily be applied to Pogba as well. Remember the three on one in which he did not pass against Burnley. That is exactly what Mourinho is getting at.

caid

Could just be a phase thing with him
He struggled around the chirstmas period last season too but came good when zlatan was injured.
Might be a carrick like thing, where he started seasons slowly.
Starting him up front probably helps too, always felt he looked far more suited to it than the wing.

AP88

Supports
Man City
No way should he go on loan ffs!

Has so much quality, just needs to keep developing his game.
I think the most obvious answer is Lukaku, and id add Wilshire, Sturridge and Beckham, but your right thier isnt many, but we have to try somthing diffrent, becuase i look at Rashfrod now compared to the player who broke through coming up 2 two years ago and i see very little progression, i'd say set pieces are better, and he seems far more desperate when he gets the ball and maybe looks like he is enjoying himself less. So if what where doing isnt working so lets try somthing different

Look at it this way do you think De Bryune would be the player he is now if he had stayed and not played at Chelsea, same with Lukaku, Sahah? We have a manger who likes experinced players, we want Rashford to be succesful best way to do that his get him experince, hes playing time is going to become more limited at united, with Sanchez playing the same role as Rashford has been playing and thier was already Martial, i would be shocked if we dont by one more attacker in the summer, Rashford is coming up to the age were consistent game time in a set position with a coach who believes in him(which its obvious Mourinho doesn't) is everything to a players progression, he isnt realistically gonna get that at united. So the choice becomes let him slide into a bit part player when he will probably be sold in a few years or take a chance and loan him out.
Tonight’s performances just further enhanced the logic to loan him out, not ridiculed it.

When he plays central he looks natural and potentially great, hence why he should do it every week somewhere else while he matures. If he stays here, he won’t play there ahead of Lukaku and now factoring in Martial and Sanchez, he’ll only play sporadically on the wings too.

Maybe keep him until the end of the season given that Zlatan is finished, but next season he should be somebody’s default number 9 - a short-term sacrifice from United will facilitate a long-term gain.

yfoFC

Looked much happier playing as a striker, great tenacity for the opening goal.
He might be happier as a striker but has been wank in that position recently

I don't know how people would watch the game today and take out of it that he is a good striker

Was loads better on the left IMO and hasn't impressed me as a striker recently

yfoFC

I'm glad José is name dropping rashford as it shows he's watching the game closely and knows the weaknesses of his players. Hope it lights a fire under the kid's arse

And to those grouping pogba and rashford in decision making on counters, pogba has made just the one or two mistakes recently while rashford's last couple of matches have been littered with it

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Took his goal well. Some players would not have followed through. They would have just assumed the defence or goal keeper would deal with it.

Acole9

Outstanding
Sending Rashford out on loan serves no purpose what so ever. Sending players out on loan is when you want to give a youngster minutes and exposure to first team football, he's getting plenty of that here (He's appeared in every game so far) or it's when there's a player who's out of favour and you're struggling to sell, he's definitely not that neither.

You could tell before the goal his confidence was low, although the goal was a huge gift I hope it'll give him a boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.