5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

Oh please if he was playing Bulgaria in the PL he'd look class too. He's an overhyped pace merchant who goes through periods of great form from time to time.

littleman

This entire thread is full of folks thinking Rashford should become our dependable, championship team leading striker before the young age of even 23. It's a whole crock of shit.
As dumb as people thinking we should pay 250k for a backup 23 year old striker. Don't feel bad though.

haram

Oh please if he was playing Bulgaria in the PL he'd look class too. He's an overhyped pace merchant who goes through periods of great form from time to time.
Yeah and if we played Bulgaria we’d probably draw the game.

-Supreme-

Maybe you should question his club manager more.
Rashford had an above average performance in a strong England team against a relatively poor opposition, but people is putting the blame on our manager as the reason he's been playing rubbish for us...seriously? :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
This entire thread is full of folks thinking Rashford should become our dependable, championship team leading striker before the young age of even 23. It's a whole crock of shit.

Do footballers suddenly get a brain at 23 ?

KennyBurner

Bit pathetic isnt it? People using international games as a basis in their argument. its the same thing we did for Lukaku which was just as clueless.

He played well, this thread is full of a lot of shit.
Its just one game so what does it have to do with his disastrous league performances?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Bit pathetic isnt it? People using international games as a basis in their argument. its the same thing we did for Lukaku which was just as clueless.

Its just one game so what does it have to do with his disastrous league performances?
You got anything better to do than bash a 21 year old after a good game for England?

KennyBurner

You got anything better to do than bash a 21 year old after a good game for England?
Bashing him how? I’m just trying to understand how all criticism of him should erase because he had an above average game In a less competitive format? Criticism doesn’t equal bashing!

fps

Maybe he's just an inconsistent 21 year old.
This is the correct answer, but you can see here that forumites literally take his last half of football and base their entire opinion/ post on it. It's embarrassing, but it's symptomatic of the nature of knee-jerk internet debate, and reaches horrifically deeply into the way people in this country think and respond to the world around them.

Hip Hop

He probably thinks he's one of the best young players in the world because he is. Beyond that I don't get why people keep saying he thinks he is Ronaldo. Whenever he speaks he is extremely humble.
Should he think like that though? Maybe the way forward is to be focus solely on your game if you want to improve. If you think you're one of the best at that age then it is very easy to skip the basics and go for the wrong decisions time and time again. And this is what he does.

It's easy to look humble in front of cameras, just have to say what people want to hear from a kid but you can see his true self on the pitch imo. A little bit greedy and selfish.

VJ1762

Nothing to do with him being English. Look back on our successful teams and he is nowhere near the quality of our starters back then. His big break came when Martial and rooney were both injured, and that's what he should be: a squad player to fill in when starters are down with an injury or when they need rest. The fact that Marcus fecking Rashford wears the no 10 of Rooney is a testament to how low our standards have fallen and how severe the mismanagement of our squad has been. We ideally need 2 attackers on either side of Martial and 2 CM's so 'Rashy' and his mate 'JLingz' can sit on the bench.

It really seems like English players should not be criticised on here. If we are still talking about 'potential' and 'he should improve his decision making' after 200 appearances and 4 seasons, then people just need to accept that Rashford will never live up to the expectations that they have built of him. I work as a software engineer, and if I was slacking off in my job and not producing the results, would the company fire me, or would they see some mystic 'potential' in me and keep me around for years to come, in the hopes that i would do something? He would have been shipped off long ago if he was in Barcelona or Real Madrid or any of the 'big' clubs, but hey, we are manchester united and we reward mediocrity with even more inflated wages. Once upon a time, a player of Roy Keane's stature had to fight tooth and nail to increase his wages at our club, but now, all it takes is to have a bang average season to get rewarded. It's just a sad situation all around.

VJ1762

What I hate the most when I come to this thread is when I see other posters posting stats of Henry or Cristiano to say, 'but look, he has similar figures to those two at a similar age', like Henry and Cristiano had/have scaled peaks that this guy can never achieve. If he can't score 20 goals this season, it is high time we ship him off and bring in somebody who can. All it requires to be a Man Utd starter nowadays is you should be able to run and put more work. It's fine if you don't have the ability, it's fine if you don't have the football iq, it's fine if you just pass sideways and backwards without purpose.

VJ1762

He will just have his customary purple patch this season of 2-3 months and everybody on redcafe will be like 'what a talent we have on our hands' , forgetting that he was shit for the remaining 6-8 months, contributing to our team finishing 6th or even lower.

siw2007

Had an indifferent first half, but after a slight tactical shift in the second half, thought he was very good and heavily contributed to 2 of the goals.

I was of the opinion that he would be better playing through the middle but I’ve changed my mind. He is good at running at players at pace then trying to score or create, not sure he is going to be a prolific goalscorer.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

haram

Nothing to do with him being English. Look back on our successful teams and he is nowhere near the quality of our starters back then. His big break came when Martial and rooney were both injured, and that's what he should be: a squad player to fill in when starters are down with an injury or when they need rest. The fact that Marcus fecking Rashford wears the no 10 of Rooney is a testament to how low our standards have fallen and how severe the mismanagement of our squad has been. We ideally need 2 attackers on either side of Martial and 2 CM's so 'Rashy' and his mate 'JLingz' can sit on the bench.

It really seems like English players should not be criticised on here. If we are still talking about 'potential' and 'he should improve his decision making' after 200 appearances and 4 seasons, then people just need to accept that Rashford will never live up to the expectations that they have built of him. I work as a software engineer, and if I was slacking off in my job and not producing the results, would the company fire me, or would they see some mystic 'potential' in me and keep me around for years to come, in the hopes that i would do something? He would have been shipped off long ago if he was in Barcelona or Real Madrid or any of the 'big' clubs, but hey, we are manchester united and we reward mediocrity with even more inflated wages. Once upon a time, a player of Roy Keane's stature had to fight tooth and nail to increase his wages at our club, but now, all it takes is to have a bang average season to get rewarded. It's just a sad situation all around.
Shipped off like Asensio has been for Real? People also need to stop comparing professional sports to every day jobs.

edgar allan

Shipped off like Asensio has been for Real? People also need to stop comparing professional sports to every day jobs.
True, but I take his general point that he is being paid as if he is a world class player.
However it is not his fault that the club have left a raw inconsistent 21 year old as our only attacking player.

haram

You think the club just willingly offered 250k straight up?
Did they have to offer it? Did they have to do the same for Martial? How is it the two players fault?

Should he think like that though? Maybe the way forward is to be focus solely on your game if you want to improve. If you think you're one of the best at that age then it is very easy to skip the basics and go for the wrong decisions time and time again. And this is what he does.

It's easy to look humble in front of cameras, just have to say what people want to hear from a kid but you can see his true self on the pitch imo. A little bit greedy and selfish.
He makes mistakes on the pitch like most 21 year olds. He is one of the best young forwards in world football, period.

Swiss_Red89

Only saw the second half. His best half so far this season imo. Kept it simple most of the time but increased the tempo when needed which created the second and third for england. Should have scored after another very good move.

I find it interesting that he tends to perform better for England...he really seems to enjoy playing in a dominant team and setup. His decison making also seems better when playing in an England shirt.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I was desperate for him to score. Was hoping Kane would let him take the pen he singlehandedly won (though knew Kane would never pass it up), and was gutted he didn't manage to chip their GK after that excellent move with Barkley (I believe).

Still, all in all, I personally thought it was a positive performance from him.

Ban

He will just have his customary purple patch this season of 2-3 months and everybody on redcafe will be like 'what a talent we have on our hands' , forgetting that he was shit for the remaining 6-8 months, contributing to our team finishing 6th or even lower.
Wonder if the same logic is used for Pogba.

Ban

What I hate the most when I come to this thread is when I see other posters posting stats of Henry or Cristiano to say, 'but look, he has similar figures to those two at a similar age', like Henry and Cristiano had/have scaled peaks that this guy can never achieve. If he can't score 20 goals this season, it is high time we ship him off and bring in somebody who can. All it requires to be a Man Utd starter nowadays is you should be able to run and put more work. It's fine if you don't have the ability, it's fine if you don't have the football iq, it's fine if you just pass sideways and backwards without purpose.
Are you satisfied now you posted about 5 posts bashing him?

Swiss_Red89

It’s a damn shame, not even sure where this agenda against one of our own is coming from.
I also find it very strange. Of course he shouldn't be immun to critisism espacially when he deserves it after bad games. But i feel there are people that only wait for mistakes from him to bash him.

Happy to see the english media praise him today, i hope he gets another start vs Kosovo and can bang one in. We surely need an inform Rashford vs Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.