Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Mbappe tries to vary from time to time, he cuts inside, he goes on the outside, he makes feints, step overs etc etc .... Rashford does the same thing over and over, just run fast in a straight line. That's very predictable. His acceleration is a great tool but he only uses it in the same fashion all the time, he won't surprise his opponents. Think of the best dribblers in the world right now and before, many of them combined their pace with variety of movement , dribbles and tricks.

I don't expect much from him, I see his talent but I don't see rate him highly anyway.

FFS. He's had a fairly crap start to this season but let's not start rewriting history.

Stacks

Those thinking he needs to be benched need their heads checked. Why bench him and for who? An untried 17 year old? We need to give him a good run at this. Do I think he is overrated? YES, RESOUNDINGLY, but we have to give it a fair crack. I am trying to look at this season fresh, as I know he finished last year poorly and thus far nothing has improved but it is only 4 games in to be fair. He has at least shown something in the past unlike other players, so it would be destructive to bench him after 4 games. Best to play Martial through the middle and force Rashford out wide for the meantime and play Mason upfront in the Carling Cup and Europa

Hip Hop

He isn't as good as he thinks he is, that is his main issue. The sooner he realizes that, he will progress and become a good player. Until then we are going to be frustrated for a long journey...

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Those few games right after Solskjaer's interim appointment...where's that Rashford?

-Supreme-

Those few games right after Solskjaer's interim appointment...where's that Rashford?
According to the caf he's been forced to play through a bad injury by Ole since the Liverpool game in Feb, and perhaps this injury is so serious that he may never be recovered :(

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

FFS. He's had a fairly crap start to this season but let's not start rewriting history.
His actual success rate of these sort of tricks is ridiculously poor in comparison to the best dribblers of the game. He's a long way off and quite overrated in dribbling ability. The flick video in particular is a funny one, he tries to flick any ball that comes to him at hip height, it's so frustrating because it hardly works.

-Supreme-

His actual success rate of these sort of tricks is ridiculously poor in comparison to the best dribblers of the game. He's a long way off and quite overrated in dribbling ability. The flick video in particular is a funny one, he tries to flick any ball that comes to him at hip height, it's so frustrating because it hardly works.
Exactly - it's incredibly frustrating that he keeps trying those pointless flicks that ruins our build up play in attack

0le

I think he over complicates his game. A lot of people say Pogba does this but I think its fair to say Rashford does as well. His decision making is also poor. But he is young and those two things can be improved on. He needs to be coached, a bit like Sterling at City.

HowieC

He is one of the most skillful players in the squad. Why waste your time when you can burn past everyone with your acceleration.
I disagree with this. Some say he is so "talented", and he will soon blossom into a world class player.

How is this possible though when he has shown in 3 seasons that his touch and general ball control is lacking at the top level, to say nothing of his low game IQ?

Hate to beat a dead horse, but he is absolutely a mere pace merchant at this point. With an inadequate touch, how can he play link up in tight spaces, control the ball to take
shooting opportunities under pressure, beat his man without acres of space in front of him.

IF he develops some humility and willingness to learn, he may one day reach the level of a vardy, provided he is able to develop his off the ball runs etc. However, the innate technique
and touch absolutely does not improve past the late teens. He may one day be a super-sub for Manchester, but a top class forward? I doubt it.

jackal&hyde

He is good and will improve still no doubt, but my God was he frustrating in the last 2 games. With a more mature striker up front we would have walked the last 2 games.

Ander herrera the warrior

I think we should play Rashford on the right wing, simplify his game to creating more chances, or crossing, less shots and keeping width. Similar to what Ole did with Chong, when he moved him to left wing. That will allow us to play Daniel James on the left wing too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think losing his England starting spot will do him some good. Perhaps make him realise he's going backwards and needs to knuckle down.

Right now with Sterling/Kane/Sancho he's going to have to work very hard to break that.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I think losing his England starting spot will do him some good. Perhaps make him realise he's going backwards and needs to knuckle down.

Right now with Sterling/Kane/Sancho he's going to have to work very hard to break that.
Was he ever a starter for England?

Sp00ks11

What Owen said is 100% true! He lacks killer instinct and you can't train that. He has done amazing to make the best of Martials injury when he first was thrown into the limelight, but he hasn't improved in any way since that remarkable debut. I said over a year ago he is mid-table level at best and would suit a Newcastle/Watford level team (unfortunately mid table is what we have become).

If we hadn't have given him that ridiculous contract and actually had asperations to be a top club again I believe he would be shown the door within another season or 2, unfortunately I can see him being here long-term now.

Stadjer

What Owen said is 100% true! He lacks killer instinct and you can't train that. He has done amazing to make the best of Martials injury when he first was thrown into the limelight, but he hasn't improved in any way since that remarkable debut. I said over a year ago he is mid-table level at best and would suit a Newcastle/Watford level team (unfortunately mid table is what we have become).

If we hadn't have given him that ridiculous contract and actually had asperations to be a top club again I believe he would be shown the door within another season or 2, unfortunately I can see him being here long-term now.
I still believe he can have a role at Manchester United as a impact sub. He is quick and direct and could force something late in the game or be good on the counter. As a starter.. not so sure.

Martial is much better as a CF, James shows the same qualities as Rashford (speed, going past an opponent) but also seems to be able to cross and have better vision.

Rashford needs to stop his long range shooting, his stupid freekicks, become a better teamplayer and develop a better footballing brain to have a chance to be a good Manchester United player.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

When his decision making is on point he's actually a very good player who can be very effective. The big question is whether he'll develop that decision making or not. On the one hand he's still only 21, on the other hand it feels like he's gotten worse in that regard over the last two seasons.

Based Adnan

Watching the England game and it's worrying how ineffective he is vs low block defensive teams

England have just gone 1-0 up though so maybe Bulgaria will come out a bit and he'll look better

Vissy

Rashford doesn't seem like he has a lot to offer against low blocks. He doesn't try to take on people with his dribbling, and he tries to take on shots at inopportune moments when he's not in the proper space to do so. Dribbling and shooting are both some of his strong points, actually, but he doesn't seem to always utilize them as well as he could and that shows. Plus I've always disliked that tendency he has to just stop dead in his tracks for a few seconds and try some kind of skill move after it. He does need to improve.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Those thinking he needs to be benched need their heads checked. Why bench him and for who? An untried 17 year old? We need to give him a good run at this. Do I think he is overrated? YES, RESOUNDINGLY, but we have to give it a fair crack. I am trying to look at this season fresh, as I know he finished last year poorly and thus far nothing has improved but it is only 4 games in to be fair. He has at least shown something in the past unlike other players, so it would be destructive to bench him after 4 games. Best to play Martial through the middle and force Rashford out wide for the meantime and play Mason upfront in the Carling Cup and Europa
I think it's good to keep a 21 years old on the bench every now and then. That doesn't mean he won't play, he can make an impact on tired legs and then get back into the starting line up. The decision he makes are nothing out of the ordinary for a player of his age, despite his experience, and I think he will take the benching personally and come out a better player, at least that's what I think is the reasoning behind some calling for him to be benched. You're right though, there isn't much to replace him with until January.

Carl S Bridge

While this is great, we need to hope this isn't his top level and he keeps improving.

He's at a really good level right now, but if he works hard, studies his movement and improves his weak foot and ball control when dribbling he could be almost unstoppable.
Look, that's a great comparison to make, and don't get me wrong. Rashford is just 21 still very much a player who will improve. But the two you mentioned go onto to be ballondor winners and world class players. Rashford needs to work insanely hard to reach that point. Not saying he won't but he's so far off their end level. He has time on his side but that's such a high bar to reach

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He had a good game especially in the second half. He was dangerous throughout the whole half.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's the stuff he needs to improve on. He's too direct and flashy. Not enough of link up and intelligent team play. He's young so we shouldn't really be harsh but I hope the manager is drilling it into him to improve in those situations.

Icemav

He isn't as good as he thinks he is, that is his main issue. The sooner he realizes that, he will progress and become a good player. Until then we are going to be frustrated for a long journey...
I agree. He is not nearly as good as he wishes he was. That prevents him perhaps from focusing on the basics and keeping the game simple. In some ways I feel that is true of many in our squad who go for the impossible (for them anyways) too often and botch it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Maybe you should question his club manager more.
Tbf he’s always been better for England, even under jose he looked a better player.

I personally think he plays more humbly surrounded by better players like Kane or sterling. He knows he can’t take it easy or he will lose his spot.

Take the first half for example, that was a prime example of his recent united performance. They obviously told him to step it up at half time or he’s getting subbed and he kicked into his top gear.

We know Rashford has the talent he just needs to stop being so YouTube and do the basics of a striker or winger.

haram

He probably thinks he's one of the best young players in the world because he is. Beyond that I don't get why people keep saying he thinks he is Ronaldo. Whenever he speaks he is extremely humble.

haram

Tbf he’s always been better for England, even under jose he looked a better player.

I personally think he plays more humbly surrounded by better players like Kane or sterling. He knows he can’t take it easy or he will lose his spot.

Take the first half for example, that was a prime example of his recent united performance. They obviously told him to step it up at half time or he’s getting subbed and he kicked into his top gear.

We know Rashford has the talent he just needs to stop being so YouTube and do the basics of a striker or winger.
Under the last manager his England performances were said to be proof that the manager was holding him back. You wont get anyone saying that now though, funnily enough.

He is playing in a better team with England and is playing on the left. That's why he looks better. Yes he is inconsistent but his talent is clear. People calling him shit are clueless.

Icemav

He probably thinks he's one of the best young players in the world because he is. Beyond that I don't get why people keep saying he thinks he is Ronaldo. Whenever he speaks he is extremely humble.
Well he has a good highlights reel but when you watch him play in totality he overlooks the basics and tries silly things . His confidence is fantastic though however we need a team with consistency and unfortunately he is between a rock and hard place at times. He doesn't have mentors to learn from and control the game, and he also needs to set the standard and that is when we can become frustrated. Hopefully though the try try and try again mantra will lead to a flourishing... the worry though is that he is in an unstable environment and this profligate attitude just embeds bad habits.

haram

Well he has a good highlights reel but when you watch him play in totality he overlooks the basics and tries silly things . His confidence is fantastic though however we need a team with consistency and unfortunately he is between a rock and hard place at times. He doesn't have mentors to learn from and control the game, and he also needs to set the standard and that is when we can become frustrated. Hopefully though the try try and try again mantra will lead to a flourishing... the worry though is that he is in an unstable environment and this profligate attitude just embeds bad habits.
Well you see what happens when he plays in a three with Kane and Sterling. Ole has put a lot of pressure on Rashford and the hate on a 21 year old after just 4 league games is shameful. Ole should hold criticism for that, because it is not helping Marcus whatsoever.

Icemav

Well you see what happens when he plays in a three with Kane and Sterling. Ole has put a lot of pressure on Rashford and the hate on a 21 year old after just 4 league games is shameful. Ole should hold criticism for that, because it is not helping Marcus whatsoever.
The lack of a top top striker (in the style Ole wants) is definitely a problem.

lsd

The Oracle
He played well, this thread is full of a lot of shit.

He was woeful his usual brainless self shooting from mad positions never passing when he should always making the wrong decision.

Iv never seen a more brainless footballer at his level he has no awareness at all

haram

He was woeful his usual brainless self shooting from mad positions never passing when he should always making the wrong decision.

Iv never seen a more brainless footballer at his level he has no awareness at all
This is a load of bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.