5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

1 goal from open play in his last 16 games.
Awful. It's clearly affecting his confidence too. It'd be best for him and us if he got *injured* and missed a few weeks. He isn't offering us anything that other players couldn't.

MUFC OK

If you want to be a number 9, your record has to speak for itself. At the moment he has no right to expect to start there, we've tried it and the results have been underwhelming to say the least.

Raw

If you want to be a number 9, your record has to speak for itself. At the moment he has no right to expect to start there, we've tried it and the results have been underwhelming to say the least.
At this point I'd rather just try Greenwood there for a while until Martial comes back.

AZ Alkmaar 0:0 Man Utd

starman

Can someone with the capabilities please make a compilation of Rashford's abysmal freekicks and send it to all his & the club's socials and try to get it trending?

el3mel

How the feck does the coaching stuff still make him take FKs ? A FK that could have been crossed to a player wasted because our selfish boy wanted to take all the glory for himself. Not the first time he does that, and yet still takes them.

I can't withstand him anymore.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
How the feck does the coaching stuff still make him take FKs ? A FK that could have been crossed to a player wasted because our selfish boy wanted to take all the glory for himself. Not the first time he does that, and yet still takes them.

I am speechless tbh

Born2Lose

One of the worst freekick takers I've ever seen. It's stuff like this that really makes me doubt Ole in the long term. Especially when you've got this guy on the pitch.

Eddy_JukeZ

Earns 250k a week or w/e it is for his me 1st performances.

Shameful. He should be ashamed of himself and the board should too for giving him that stupid wage increase.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
What's the deal with this freekicks business? Why on God's green earth is he allowed to, let alone the go to taker of freekicks when he's usually surrounded by players better at set pieces than him?

All of Pogba, Perreira, Mata, Fred and even Young are all better options than him yet when there is a foul he's the one with the ball and no one challenges him.

I've also realised since that Neville embarrassment of a rant against Pogba over the penalty situation, the latter is scared to take freekicks away from Rashford, as if he doesn't want to be seen arguing with him over who would take the free kick. I saw this against Arsenal with the last minute free kick. Rashford was already on the ball then Pogba came but Rashford wouldn't give it away and Pogba quietly walked away.

A combination of over hyping him plus media protecting him even against his own teammates have brought things to this point where Rashford feels like he is the team main man and that's his right rather than it being earned in the first place.

roonaldo78

That FK was shocking and the sad thing is that I was expecting it to go that way.

This all comes down to the manager, looks like Ole just cannot make the hard decisions when it comes to certain players.

Traub

What's the deal with this freekicks business? Why on God's green earth is he allowed to, let alone the go to taker of freekicks when he's usually surrounded by players better at set pieces than him?

All of Pogba, Perreira, Mata, Fred and even Young are all better options than him yet when there is a foul he's the one with the ball and no one challenges him.

I've also realised since that Neville embarrassment of a rant against Pogba over the penalty situation, the latter is scared to take freekicks away from Rashford, as if he doesn't want to be seen arguing with him over who would take the free kick. I saw this against Arsenal with the last minute free kick. Rashford was already on the ball then Pogba came but Rashford wouldn't give it away and Pogba quietly walked away.

A combination of over hyping him plus media protecting him even against his own teammates have brought things to this point where Rashford feels like he is the team main man and that's his right rather than it being earned in the first place.
Nah more likely Pogba doesn’t give a feck anymore. Can’t blame him to be honest, I’d take a pay cut if I was him to get out of this circus.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

To be fair the coaching staff also seem to think he's some premier talent, destined to be a United great, and the higher ups seemingly think he's worthy of lucrative £200k a week contracts. They've inflated his head and given him the perception of a player he isn't and is unlikely ever to be.

Devil may care

Didn't have much of an impact when he came on and then capped it off with a Jonny Wilkinson impression.

Red00012

The fact that Ole hasn’t taken him off free kicks is the biggest problem.

freeurmind

weak willed
Marcus Rashford has 48 goals in 179 games for Man United

Nicklas Bendtner scored 45 in 171 for Arsenal, and he didn't take penalties

Haven't checked this but it's damning if it's accurate.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wow,I missed that glorious effort.

Maybe it's in Rashy's contract that he must take all free-kicks or United have to triple his wage if he were asked to step aside.

Alabaster Codify7

At a big club with a good squad, Marcus Rashford would be what he truly is - a 20min impact substitute, using his pace and direct running to hurt tired defenders.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Doesn't seem to be any experienced figure in the team or coaching staff that would put some sense into these guys.
Our loss.We're fecked.

Last edited:

romufc

Depressing watching these lot I tell you. Does anyone not have the courage to go up to Marcus and say mate.. leave it you are not going to score just cross it in.

Rajma

Most telling thing around lack of leadership within our team is that not a single player gives him a good bullocking to him after such efforts during FKs and challenges Ole if needed. Bunch of pussies. Players doing just what the feck they feel like, no accountability.

Seriously, I like Rashford. But why is he trying to shoot from there? Like honestly where is the sense in it??

Ole is another one who doesn't seem to have any sense either because he keeps on letting him do this!

Last edited:

romufc

Most telling thing around lack of leadership within our team is that not a single player gives him a good bullocking to him after such efforts during FKs and challenges Ole if needed. Bunch of pussies. Players doing just what the feck they feel like, no accountability.
It all stems from the manager.

Swiss_Red89

I can’t believe our coaching team don’t tell him to not shoot from such angles…unbelievable stuff. He did the same against Wolves, from an even more unrealistic angle. That should have been the point where our coaching team should have done their job and make sure this will not happen again.

For England he has the likes of Henderson (for all the criticism he gets) who gives him a bollocking every time he does stupid things, Rashford seems to need that.

I also agree he seems to lack a bit of confidence at the moment, but then it makes absolutely no sense to try such things, he has to keep it simple now and work his way back into form. That will not happen if he tries to score screamers from unrealistic angles. An assist after a cross from that freekick yesterday would have been a way to build form and momentum up.

Do we really have nobody in our coaching team to tell him that?? Really unbelievable. We really are a mess at the moment sadly.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Can someone with the capabilities please make a compilation of Rashford's abysmal freekicks and send it to all his & the club's socials and try to get it trending?
0.0012% my friend.

Swiss_Red89

That said, i think he should have gotten a penalty yesterday. Did well in that situation.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
So fecking true.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Seriously, I like Rashford. But why is he trying to shoot from there? Like honestly where is the sense in it??

Ole is another one who doesn't seem to have any sense either because he keeps on letting me do this!
What I'm asking myself is. If this is the kind of decision he makes when he's had a few minutes to really think about it. Wtf is going through his head when attacks are happening at speed?

What I'm asking myself is. If this is the kind of decision he makes when he's had a few minutes to really think about it. Wtf is going through his head when attacks are happening at speed?
Why no one has put a stop to it really beggars belief.

Strats

What grinds my ears is that he doesn’t see it for himself that his selfish game is not working for him at all, and there is no effort in changing his game or being more unselfish.

He needs to completely change his attitude if he is wants to be a good player. Should be dropped at United(sadly he won’t due to lack of options) and taken out of the England squad as it most likely keeps his arrogance going.

He needs signals saying that he’s not good enough and by keeping to play and select him it’s not doing him any good IMO.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The things is that his freekicks have been decent this season. He's been unlucky not to score a couple and forced some good saves from the keeper, having changed his technique from knuckling the ball to just curling it. Such a disappointment to then see him take that one last night from that angle in that manner.

Romez

Shows the weak management we have that he’s allowed to continue taking free kicks from dumb angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.