g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It’s gotten to a point now where you’re questioning whether it really is just bad form or if he’s just not that good. It’s been about 18 months now where he’s looked pretty poor.
This is where I've been with him for a while...

I honestly think he's a decent squad player for a club of Utd's wealth. Giving him a first choice CF contract was insane.

Put it this way - compare his game to Nani's in his time here...

LARulz

He either was never that great/just stood out a bit as he developed early or this is a seriously bad run of form. It's the former for me.

It still gets branded out that "he's still only 21" etc. but that's an absolutely ridiculous excuse now. He has been playing at the top level for far too long now and players younger than him, with less game time etc. have blown past him.

If he wasn't a United youth player, the majority of people defending him would be saying he should be dropped, sold etc.

HowieC

He is the worst attacker in our entire squad.

Have been saying that his technique is total crap even during his “normal” form.

Bad ball control, head down kick and rush “dribbling” utter inability to kick the ball with his left.

Along with his lack of IQ, he is without hyperbole, a top championship level player at best, even on “normal” form.

As a thought experiment, I wonder if any team would take him on a free given his wages. Any team in the world?

meamth

He is the worst attacker in our entire squad.

Have been saying that his technique is total crap even during his “normal” form.

Bad ball control, head down kick and rush “dribbling” utter inability to kick the ball with his left.

Along with his lack of IQ, he is without hyperbole, a top championship level player at best, even on “normal” form.

As a thought experiment, I wonder if any team would take him on a free given his wages. Any team in the world?
Discount version of prime Agbonlahor.:lol:

meamth

Not the player who broke through under LVG. What happened to him?
Coached the wrong way imo.

Maybe worked his arse off to maximize his physical abilities, neglected his natural development as a striker. Thought he could copy Ronaldo's model of hard work.

Thing is, Ronaldo is already 8/10 technical player when he lacks the strength.

jackal&hyde

He is in horrific form at the moment and that is costing us not scoring and points in games. I hope we play Greenwood as the main striker until Martial comes back.

Rajma

200k a week for this guy says it all.
I was really one of the few on this board who argued for us not to cave in to these stupid demands for yet to be proven forward. Everything about this club at the moment screams incompetence.

Ban

Coached the wrong way imo.

Maybe worked his arse off to maximize his physical abilities, neglected his natural development as a striker. Thought he could copy Ronaldo's model of hard work.

Thing is, Ronaldo is already 8/10 technical player when he lacks the strength.
I agree. Is there any way back for him I wonder.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Dont think he was fully fit, he looked uncomfortable when he made the sprints. He shouldn't have played the game.

Kostov

It's bad with Rashford. Ole banking on him to deliver looks like one of the most stupid decisions in recent times. I'd wait one Martial to come back an relieve him of some spotlight that he is currently getting, he should be played as a winger.

I thought Ole coming in would help improve Rashford as striker, I'm not sure what's going on with him right now.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
His video shows why James crosses look so bad, because our striker doesn't even bother to cut on the near post and just hide between defenders.
He's not a number 9, for some reason he thinks he is, the club thinks he is. He doesn't have that natural instinct to anticipate trajectories of crosses

Suedesi

Dont think he was fully fit, he looked uncomfortable when he made the sprints. He shouldn't have played the game.
Not being fit doesn't excuse poor decisions on the ball. He has low football intelligence when it comes to choosing the right option with or without ball, fitness aside.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not being fit doesn't excuse poor decisions on the ball. He has low football intelligence when it comes to choosing the right option with or without ball, fitness aside.
Yeah, he is low on confidence and not playing well but he wasn't fit. You can see that he was struggling when Pogba played cross field pass and he was struggling to sprint at full speed. He was limping.

Suedesi

Well he lasted the full 90 and Ole said in his post match comments that Marcus was 100% fit, so don't know what to make of it.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Just came in to post this because it begs the question what are the coaches and Ole doing because it's basic shite.
That's the most worrying thing for me. It's not just limited to Rashford either. I think a lot of our players could be so much better with a few simple improvements, making the collective a lot better. I just wonder what the hell they're being told to do because what I'm seeing, and we're all seeing, just makes no sense.

Sp00ks11

Glad to see the media is finally starting to cotton onto the fact that Rashford is shite. I could never understand what anybody saw in him and now we have him on a 200k a week contract which means we are well and truly stuck with him. I said at the time I didn't believe he was worth even 40k. The footballing decisions at this club are amongst the worst in the game.

I sincerely hope he can turn it around, but I have honestly never seen a player in him. Reminds me of a mix between Walcott and Welbeck.

singhters

He needs dropping now, sick of seeing him on the starting sheet when he doesn't offer anything, needs a reality check give someone else a chance play greenwood.

meamth

Just came in to post this because it begs the question what are the coaches and Ole doing because it's basic shite.
It's not basic shite, it's top pro kinda shite. Making the right final run is the most difficult skill being a forward.

That's the main difference between 15 goals striker and 30 goals striker. Top level movement.

Bojan11

Should hopefully be relegated to Europa league winger in the near future. Madness giving him that contract.

DRM

He's not a central striker and will never be one. I say stick him out on the right once martial is back, atleast he can use his pace there and we can stop playing the ineffectual Perreira

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The one thing he had going for him in my eyes was his movement, he seemed to often find himself at the right place and at the right time, but his finishing would let him down. Without that movement, all he has left right now is just hustle, which even that is taking a hit because he's clearly not in top shape.

I've always thought he's gotten by on his first 6 months at the club, until defenses got a read on him and adjusted. Since then, he's had moments here and there, but he's clearly a limited player in ability and impact. If his pace doesn't take him past his defender, he has very little else to fall back on. Yeah, he'll have the odd moment of skill that pays off and gets him past his marker, but they are so rare and far in between, it's not something you can consider an asset in his game.

None of this is really his fault though, he has been thrust into a side that doesn't have much of an alternative. This is a player that would be a bit part player in the golden era of United, a feel-good story of another lad from Manchester making some sub impact from the bench and he would be integrated into a team where the pressure isn't on him to make things happen, but rather any positive contribution is a cherry on top. He wouldn't be in the bargaining position to get a contract he should never be even thinking about, or wearing the #10 which might give him the impression he's already made it.

If he can re-evaluate his game, and find a way to make an impact from the RW, he could share the duty between him and Greenwood supporting Martial up front and whoever else might come in at striker in the near future (hopefully). He can work on his crosses, which at times are very good, and he can always pop in for the odd goal here and there. He can prove me wrong in a few years, but right now I just can't see him as someone who will be a 20+ league goal scorer.

Raw

:(

Infuriating compilation. And that was only in one half.

Rashford should be a wide player, he simply doesn't have the strikers instinct to make good runs into the box and when he gets his big chance he ends up fecking it up anyway. Can't wait for Martial to come back.

Meep

Really sad to see that Rashford isn't progressing. I would have liked him to shine by now. I hope he gets his touch becomes as great as his confident. Great free kick.

King_Cantona07

Another day, another chance coming in the left channel, the same player tried to finish with left and could not. Why does he run that channel or left the edge of box if he is not capable of shooting with left or doesn't know how to shape body for doing a side-footed finish using the right leg. He is not a proper finisher and not sure what our coaching team is teaching him given ole was a good finisher as a player himself. Either play him like a poacher where he doesn't need to think about his finishes (thinking is not his forte) or stick him far out on right or left where he can just create panic with his speed.

Last game and this game, the chances with through ball on the left channel would have had 50% more goal chance if it was Martial or maybe even James who has shown the capability to finish from such a position. It has reached to a point that James is our best attacker, coming from the championship says a lot about the way Rashford has regressed.

Renegade

Hasn’t scored from open play this season right? When was his last non penalty goal anyway?

Scary to think Ole was so confident in him scoring 20goals+ this season.

EDIT- scores from open play vs Chelsea.

SambaBoy

Needs to realise that as a striker it doesn't matter if you score from 30 yards with a screamer or a 1 yard tap in, a goal is a goal. He just doesn't have that striker's instinct in him.

The 'striker' goals he has scored have been through second man running where another attacking striker/winger has made a darting run to take away defenders and it has vacated space for Rashford to ghost in. His movement in terms of getting on the end of easy tap ins is literally shocking. It's not something that you can teach at that age. He should be an option for the wing and a SS and that's it.

He's never shown the striking instinct to play upfront on his own.

red4ever 79

Just so so bad this guy. Through on goal in the first half and should have took it with his left (same situation as West Ham) and he basically falls over. Until someone realizes this guy is not the guy we are in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.