5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolf

For some reason I keep forgetting he is only 21. Imagine how good he could be in his prime, and that's like 5 or 6 years away.

edgecutter

Hell of a free kick and he was due one with the amount of rubbish he coughed up with previous efforts. Needed a moment of magic and he pulled it out of the bag. Well done lad.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Oh feck off. I’d do a comp if I had all the footage to hand. He’s come very close at the Stretford End several times this season.
You won't because it doesn't exist.

DoomSlayer

My body almost exploded after that incredible free kick. I got proper goosebumps, so so happy for Rashford! :keano:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He hit the post v Leicester for one.
Yes you can count them on one hand. Whilst the crap ones are numerous.
Are we really going to argue he's good at free kicks just because he finally scored one?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Still dont want him on free kicks but brilliant strike! One thing that you have to give him credit for is how well he looks after himself. Always seems to be fit, always makes himself available and plays, unlike most of the others. And he runs more than most on the pitch. Love him.

Withnail

Are we really going to argue he's good at free kicks just because he finally scored one?
He's hit the post a few times this season and he's been getting closer. He's obviously banging them in in training so hopefully he can score a few more now.

Its worth remembering the conversion rate for free-kicks is low. Even Messi only scores something like 8 or 9% .

Nick7

I do think people don’t realise how fecking hard it is to score free kicks. I’d wager every player in the league could hit the target from a free kick but its a completely different story trying to hit the target and beat a keeper.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's hit the post a few times this season and he's been getting closer. He's obviously banging them in in training so hopefully he can score a few more now.

Its worth remembering the conversion rate for free-kicks is low. Even Messi only scores something like 8 or 9% .
It's not just the direct free kicks his corners and crosses from free kicks have been abysmal. However, if he continues to hit them like he has to today, no problem he should carry on. But for me he hasn't shown enough to be classed as a good dead ball taker.

Bobski

I do think people don’t realise how fecking hard it is to score free kicks. I’d wager every player in the league could hit the target from a free kick but its a completely different story trying to hit the target and beat a keeper.
Same with corners and the first man. Every player in the league could clip a ball into the middle of the box but that is meat and drink for PL levels defenders/Keepers. They try to whip it as hard as possible, maximize spin, a risk/reward concept.

TrustInOle

You can count on 1 hand the amount of decent free kicks any player has taken virtually.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Still dont want him on free kicks but brilliant strike! One thing that you have to give him credit for is how well he looks after himself. Always seems to be fit, always makes himself available and plays, unlike most of the others. And he runs more than most on the pitch. Love him.
Yep. And what's the most important thing is that he doesn't hide in games, even when he is not playing well. Ideally, he shouldn't even be playing these games with us being short in numbers up front this season and him playing every game so far, and I still bet he's one who covered most space tonight, he never stops running. He made full sprint on their keeper at least 5 times tonight.

Andersons Dietician

‘I think it’s more the way they are all trying to do it now with the valve technique. That alone makes the outcome of where the ball is going to go very unpredictable. Hitting a ball like Beckham did you’d be a lot more consistent of where it’s ending up I would wager.

Agreed though beating a 6ft 4 keeper and trying to get the ball to go over a wall of 6ft and back down at pace is a hard thing to do. No keeper in the goal allowing me to hit it slow and I’d happily wager I’d score 9 out of 10 but put the keeper in and maybe 1 out of 10.

Nick7

Same with corners and the first man. Every player in the league could clip a ball into the middle of the box but that is meat and drink for PL levels defenders/Keepers. They try to whip it as hard as possible, maximize spin, a risk/reward concept.
Exactly. I could dink a corner to the penalty spot or hit the target from a free kick 9/10 but they won’t do shit against amateur players never mind professionals.

Nick7

‘I think it’s more the way they are all trying to do it now with the valve technique. That alone makes the outcome of where the ball is going to go very unpredictable. Hitting a ball like Beckham did you’d be a lot more consistent of where it’s ending up I would wager.

Agreed though beating a 6ft 4 keeper and trying to get the ball to go over a wall of 6ft and back down at pace is a hard thing to do. No keeper in the goal allowing me to hit it slow and I’d happily wager I’d score 9 out of 10 but put the keeper in and maybe 1 out of 10.
Yep. Rashford’s technique is a low percentage, high reward. Others take higher percentage styles of free kicks but it gives the keeper more of a chance at properly reading the ball and reacting.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Exactly. I could dink a corner to the penalty spot or hit the target from a free kick 9/10 but they won’t do shit against amateur players never mind professionals.
Watch the likes of De Bruyne and TAA ad you'll see its not impossible to put in good corners most of the time.

Nick7

Watch the likes of De Bruyne and TAA ad you'll see its not impossible to put in good corners most of the time.
and still they put in more easily defended corners than good ones. It’s really hard, not impossible.

Andersons Dietician

Must say his penalty was crap. At least a meter inside the post and if the keeper went the right way he is saving that. It’s not like he has watched where the keeper is going either then picked where he was going. His head was down long before he struck the ball. It was actually pretty similar to the one against Krul was it not.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Superb free kick. The boy has a lot of talent, despite the criticism he receive. As I stated earlier this season, a lot of fans will be eating crow if they don’t think he is good enough for United.

Withnail

Must say his penalty was crap. At least a meter inside the post and if the keeper went the right way he is saving that. It’s not like he has watched where the keeper is going either then picked where he was going. His head was down long before he struck the ball. It was actually pretty similar to the one against Krul was it not.
Yeah he's rubbish get him a loan move

Shark

@NotShark
It’s obvious he’s a very talented young player, who will look like he’s on the brink of world class, before reverting to looking like a championship player. He’s 21, it’s going to still take another few years until he’s consistently there but I’m very happy we have him.

eire-red

We'll likely not see a better free kick than that for a long time, can we just appreciate it and forget about whether or not he's now a good set piece taker. Who cares, it was a thing of beauty.

Rashford can be inconsistent, has moment of poor decision making but there's just that feeling that when it all comes together for him he's gonna be one hell of a player. And his record against the top teams is actually astonishing for such a young player. Such a big game player.

Status
Not open for further replies.