5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sherrinford

He is interpreting the left wing role in the way that a Hazard or Coutinho would and it does not suit him. It looks at least partly instruction though, coming infield into a crowded area off of Martial. Not his game.

I am delighted that he appears to have shaken off his poor form but I think it would be relatively easy to get more from him. Everything good in the last two games, and anything prior to that really, came from him running channels, offering penetrative runs both with and off the ball. That’s where he excels. He should be looking to emulate Salah and the way he moves and positions himself in a wide forward role, or at how successful Eto’o and Villa were threatening the space behind defences at Barcelona from that position.

Geekie

actually think the pace we have upfront with him on the left and James on the right would be scary for any opponents, and they're only 21 years old

TrustInOle

Some glorious venomous idiots on the previous pages of this thread.

Massively underrated, considering he is still only 21! Looks a complete new player when he plays LW and you can tell he thrives there, being able to go face to face with defenders. Maturing more with every season and can see him, Martial and James strike a nice partnership this season.

432JuanMata

Should of bought a back up striker as he is so much better on the wing and wasted up front just doesn’t have the natural positioning that a striker would better running at people than back to goal.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Should of bought a back up striker as he is so much better on the wing and wasted up front just doesn’t have the natural positioning that a striker would better running at people than back to goal.
He was back to goal for that amazing 3rd goal. The goal he scored was when he was occupying a central position from James's cross.

Think people are getting carried away with this Rashford for wing theory, truth is that he's just immensely better when he doesn't have to carry the whole attacking burden by himself. Many times in the game he covered that central space too. He didn't play as a winger against Liverpool but played one of the best games in his career because he was next to James upfront. He needs good players around him like any top player. Martial coming back will help him tremendously.

kolli

The boots he’s wearing were released in 2015, so unless he did some kind of time travel it is BS

Last edited by a moderator:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Ole doesn't really help him, does he? Starting him up front in this team is basically making him play badly. I am not really sure why is he insisting on playing him in every game either.
I will probably jinx him now and he will have a good game.

Chelsea 1:2 Man Utd

Yagami

Good post resistant
His mentality is next level. Elite.

He's had so much abuse this season, so to come back into this type of form, and not shrink under said pressure, is very impressive.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Wow. Ok he's allowed to knuckle ball them again then :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
His mentality is next level. Elite.

He's had so much abuse this season, so to come back into this type of form, and not shrink under said pressure, is very impressive.
Have to agree. Keeps trying and bossed it tonight

el3mel

Will be hard to complain about his next FKs haha.

This is on bar with Ronaldo's amazing FKs here.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Is it too much to hope that him not going down the tunnel suggests he's not injured and it was just precaution with him being gassed?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was shouting oh great this ones going straight into the stands like usual...

then he goes and does that :lol: finally one flew into top bins! Absolutely beautiful.

so glad that was the match winner too

DRM

I hope his injury isnt too bad. Would be just out luck that when he's now in top form he gets injured. We need him and Martial starting games for us

Baxter

Hope that shuts up every single one of the fools that thought came away with the rubbish of “thinking he’s made it” and “too arrogant”.

What a player.

Santos J

Is it too much to hope that him not going down the tunnel suggests he's not injured and it was just precaution with him being gassed?
He had ice on and still had a bit of a limp after so who knows, even if he's about 75% I can see us risking him vs Bournemouth

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
That proverbial fan behind the goal needs to go and pick his lottery numbers tonight! :lol:

-Supreme-

Great FK - goals really cloud people judgement as I don't think he did anything in the game.

Mctominay should really have got MOTM

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I take back everything I have ever said about his free kicks. Ronaldo-esque hit!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Continued his good record vs top teams, 4 goals vs Chelsea this season.

That free kick was just superb. Hopefully he will continue this form.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Well played, excellent. Just keep it going.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Who is going to do the honours who quoting all those numpties who wanted to send him on loan to the Championship, or thought he’d be out the side for fecking Greenwood, or who wanted to trade him in for any mid-level striker?

The freekick goal has been coming. He’s hit some lovely ones this season, either knuckling them or curling them, and either been denied by the post, a very near miss, or a good save. Very pleased for him.

OverratedOpinion

I still think it is reasonable to doubt him as a player. One thing you can not doubt is his mentality, this may be hyperbole but I honestly think he is the most mentally strong 22 year old attacker since Ronaldo.

Walters_19_MuFc

A goal fitting to win any game. Absolutely fantastic.

He gets plenty of stick in regards to his free kicks, and to be honest, 9/10 they're normally quite poor, but he obviously practices time and time again and today we saw that he reaped the benefits.

In Rainbows

Don't think he was good outside the goals, but his goals make up for that. MOTM for me due to that freekick. Hopefully it gives him some confidence going forward so he can kick on further.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Who is going to do the honours who quoting all those numpties who wanted to send him on loan to the Championship, or thought he’d be out the side for fecking Greenwood, or who wanted to trade him in for any mid-level striker?

The freekick goal has been coming. He’s hit some lovely ones this season, either knuckling them or curling them, and either been denied by the post, a very near miss, or a good save. Very pleased for him.
Come on be fair, he's hardly hit any good free kicks this season.

Nick7

A goal fitting to win any game. Absolutely fantastic.

He gets plenty of stick in regards to his free kicks, and to be honest, 9/10 they're normally quite poor, but he obviously practices time and time again and today we saw that he reaped the benefits.
They’re low percentage free kicks. If he gets it on target near the posts it’s going in most times. Other styles of free kicks have a better chance of hitting the target but a higher chance of being saved even if on target.

Except whatever the feck Messi does cause that’s just always magic.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Come on be fair, he's hardly hit any good free kicks this season.
Oh feck off. I’d do a comp if I had all the footage to hand. He’s come very close at the Stretford End several times this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.