5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

This guy, eh. Biggest Pogba stan I have ever seen. Listening to him, you would think Pogba was Charlton, Robson and Scholes rolled into one. Goes the 'AFTV' route by ranting on social media and comes off as a massive cnut.

Rashford and James have no spatial awareness and just put their head down and run. But I have no issue in this case, as everyone was misplacing simple passes yesterday. The midfield was so open that Belgrade came into our box within 3 or 4 seconds of us losing possession on the other end of the pitch.

And what the hell is Bandicoot anyway? Is is like a london slang word?
I usually agree with what that Rants fella say on Twitter but he's off the mark with this one. It was deep in injury time and Rashford did the right thing by trying to run the clock down the best he could.
He is quite funny usually but clearly has a biased so you have to cut through the bias and ignore his opinions on those occasions but he does talk some sense on other occasions. He is biased towards Pogba, Martial and anyone foreign and fancy. He is harsh on Rashford despite Rashford having nearly identical production to Martial

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Considering it was injury time, I have no issue with him keeping possession instead.

But Rashford does have form for this. His awareness of his teammates's runs is very poor.

I vividly remember the match away to Leicester in December 2017 where we let a win slip in injury time.

Rashford was one of the main culprits. Even though he came on in the 70th min, he done this same exact thing, ignoring simple passes with people through on goal where we could have sealed the win.

He definately needs to improve this for sure.

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

Maybe change the question slightly, do you think Rashford did that because he wanted to run the clock down in possession, or he just didn't see what was around him? I'd bet a lot of money it was the latter.
That was an appalling bit of play. How can you try and spin that claiming it was the right thing to is baffling. We were 1:0 and on the brake that could have sealed the win, keep the ball instead of trying to score another? Give me a brake.
I 100% think he did it intentionally. He was getting the ball up the pitch and into the corner like players are instructed to by their manager in that situation.

@Kostov his play did seal the win because it killed any any chance of the opposition scoring.

If he plays the pass, he has to get that right, the United player has to then control it and advance with it without losing out to a defender and then beat the keeper. It's much more high risk than keeping soft possession at the top of the pitch.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I 100% think he did it intentionally. He was getting the ball up the pitch and into the corner like players are instructed to by their manager in that situation.

@Kostov his play did seal the win because it killed any any chance of the opposition scoring.

If he plays the pass, he has to get that right, the United player has to then control it and advance with it without losing out to a defender and then beat the keeper. It's much more high risk than keeping soft possession at the top of the pitch.
He did it intentionally because he runs like a horse with blinkers on.

By the time he looked up the space had gone for the pass, so he slowed it down and kept it. While that's not a bad thing with little time on the clock, he'd do the same thing with 5 minutes gone.

jackal&hyde

Our front 3 will be much better with him on the left, Martial central and James right. Can't wait for the next game!

bondsname

Rashford plays his best when he is not thinking. When he has a few seconds to make a decision, should he shoot, pass it, continue dribbling, he panics and amazingly always picks the worst option.

When he just let's go of it and plays football, that's when we see the magic he is capable off. I'm guessing he is extremely insecure and doesn't want to make a mistake.

Handré1990

By the time he looked up the space had gone for the pass, so he slowed it down and kept it. While that's not a bad thing with little time on the clock, he'd do the same thing with 5 minutes gone.
That’s fair, and I agree he’s guilty of this most of the time. This example isn’t it though, like you said yourself.

Classical Mechanic

Look at the first goal in this game, this was actually a rehearsed transition. Do we have any rehearsed transitions where we know which runs to expect and so on?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Look at the first goal in this game, this was actually a rehearsed transition. Do we have any rehearsed transitions where we know which runs to expect and so on?

Football can't always be rehearsed. Rashfords issue is he can't run with the ball with his head up, and often concentrates on his nearest defender to beat them 1v1, rather than looking at the big picture. It's often why he ends up running it out of play or into the next defender as he only has 1 primary objective - beat the man. After that it's the next thing on the list.

Eric7C

Considering it was injury time, I have no issue with him keeping possession instead.

But Rashford does have form for this. His awareness of his teammates's runs is very poor.

I vividly remember the match away to Leicester in December 2017 where we let a win slip in injury time.

Rashford was one of the main culprits. Even though he came on in the 70th min, he done this same exact thing, ignoring simple passes with people through on goal where we could have sealed the win.

He definately needs to improve this for sure.
Exactly.

Aouer-United

Don't think it's such a bad decision given our away form, it's important to win in order to improve confidence.

I'm more amused by Lingard positioning, given how he looks up and sees where James is going and he still manages to head into the exact same space when he should be opening space up.
Lingard's movement is overrated. We had a great chance in 90 minutes+ time when James attacked far goalpost on right to pass square/cutback to Mata, Lingard just moved to middle in the box that Rashford already covered when he should have gone for the far post. It's not the first time that happened, he has done a lot of time in many games I watched him, his movement on the counter-attack is one of the worst things I have seen from United player, Lukaku would do it better.

He doesn't score many because he doesn't know where he needs to score and stretching the defence

Robaldo

It baffles me that United fans, more than the fans of any other clubs, are harsh on Rashford. Missed a penalty and that but is quite probably our best player...

Yagami

Good post resistant
Great to see him hitting form again. Having Martial back is only going to help him, and vice versa.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
As we( well most of us) are saying for years now. He is left winger. He needs space and skilfull player on no9 position to play with

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Different player out wide. Martial is key for us this season, hope he can stay fit.

Obiorahking_

5 goals and 3 assists in 10 apps. Already half as much as he produced last season. If he kicks it in gear and stays healthy he could finally crack 20 in the prem

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So much better as a wide forward. Great stuff.

Nice to see the penalty miss didn't bother him either

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If / when Martial is injured for another 4 weeks, we should keep Rashford wide and allow Greenwood in centrally. It sounds like he's a different player wide. Glad people are finally seeing that rather than moaning about him not starting centrally like when we under Jose.

kundalini

Didn't strike his penalty that cleanly but otherwise I thought he had a really good match, looked a genuine threat through-out. Lovely back-heel assist for Martial's goal. Got a goal, good first touch after Dan James' pass.

Usual crap free-kick from long distance in the 2nd half.

mu4c_20le

He's usually a good pen taker, so I have no problems with him stepping up again in the future.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He can score that exact goal with his eyes closed. Every striker has the iconic automatic goal they love to score.

KennyBurner

It baffles me that United fans, more than the fans of any other clubs, are harsh on Rashford. Missed a penalty and that but is quite probably our best player...
Maybe if you watched more games you wouldn't make statements like this. He isnt even our 3rd best player. Most of his criticisms are correct but we also value what he brings to the team.

he played very well today and were hoping he keeps building on this performance.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Great game again on the LW. Good to see him hitting some form and looking like the kind of player you would expect given the contract. He's had a lot of (deserved) criticism from fans and recently in the media too and he's come back stronger. Criticism is not always a bad thing. Attitude looks on point and he's making a lot of team based decisions. Very pleasing to see.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
50 goals for United now, not bad considering his age!
Looked good today, I hope he and martial can stay fit and develop a solid understanding on the pitch.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Had very good game, love his link up play with Martial. When Martial plays as CF, he makes space for others. His goal was like replay of second goal vs Chelsea.

Brilliant assist and overall he was very good.

Ace of Spades

Very good game.

Looks to be a lot more comfortable as a wide forward. Hope if Martial gets injured again, we just put Greenwood there instead of moving Rashford around. Let him get some consistency by getting a run of games in one position.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thought he was excellent today, dribbled past their players with ease, and showed some great movement he is missing when playing as a number 9. Also it's no coincidence that he is playing better when we have other good forwards on the pitch too, it means he is not double or triple marked every time he receives the ball and leaves him with less responsibility which makes him shine. He is actually playing better than Martial now that he is back, and he is playing better than anything he is shown this year now that Martial is back.

NinjaFletch

Great game again on the LW. Good to see him hitting some form and looking like the kind of player you would expect given the contract. He's had a lot of (deserved) criticism from fans and recently in the media too and he's come back stronger. Criticism is not always a bad thing. Attitude looks on point and he's making a lot of team based decisions. Very pleasing to see.
I don't think I could disagree with that more.

He's had a lot of ludicrously over the top criticism when he's clearly been going through a rut, whilst having terrible service and being asked to carry an attack which sans Martial looks a long way off of the quality required (Mata, Lingard, etc...) . Even throughout that time when he's gone off to England he's shown that he can step it up.

That's not to say he hasn't deserved some criticism, but when the English media have shown more restraint than some United fans you know that it's been disproportionate.

dev1l

Very good today on left wing - that his best role in the team. He looks one dimensional and predictable but his sheer pace and skill get him in good positions.
His contribution to the third goal was sublime

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I don't think I could disagree with that more.

He's had a lot of ludicrously over the top criticism when he's clearly been going through a rut, whilst having terrible service and being asked to carry an attack which sans Martial looks a long way off of the quality required (Mata, Lingard, etc...) . Even throughout that time when he's gone off to England he's shown that he can step it up.

That's not to say he hasn't deserved some criticism, but when the English media have shown more restraint than some United fans you know that it's been disproportionate.
Well, I've summed up the entire litany of criticism against him as being 'deserved' for the sake of brevity, as it's not really convenient to go through the entire online and media criticism of Marcus Rashford point by point and assess each of these on their merits. Because that would take a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.