Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Everyone is criticising Lingard for not passing to Greenwood on that counter attack, but what pissed me off the most was Rashford not making any run or attempt to break through the defensive line. Think Lingard was waiting for Rashford to create some space but he was just jogging when we had a chance to counter. He just isn't a natural striker whatsoever.

Stacks

Come on Marcus you need to do better lad. Most of us are rooting and hoping but he makes it difficult as the top performances are more surprising than the rubbish ones. Last season we said it was tiredness. He has hit the net in 1 game of his opening 4. He needs to find form ASAP with Martial out and considering he ended the last campaign on woeful form.

Water Melon

Poor decision making combined with a vision of a racing horse and average finishing abilities. Never a top striker.

LoneStar

Was woeful today. He needs to be benched for a game or two. Looks like the penalty miss shot his confidence as well. But we hardly even have options do we?

We badly needed an experienced forward who could guide these youngsters, but sadly have none.

The guy needs to be less selfish and more clinical inside the box.

Jimmy_Bond

Did you actually watch that game? He was one of Southampton’s best defenders.
Are you reading the words I'm writing? He played badly. He's been playing badly for a while. But why can't people criticise a footballer's performance without making it personal and lowering themselves to vitriolic insults about the person and not the player?

kundalini

So frustrating watching all those crosses fired across the face of the Southampton goal with Rashford asleep. Cost us the win with such a poor performance.

Banana Republic

Rashford shouldn’t be receiving abuse, but he needs to be heavily criticised.
He’s just nowhere near good enough to start in this, or any top flight team.
Today he displayed terrible, negative body language right from kick off.
No urgency, no desire, slow, poor decision making, no anticipation, being caught in possession or robbed of the ball repeatedly, wayward passing, poor concentration.
Why?
We’ve seen it too many times.

Cypherage

Welbeck 2.0, do not think he will ever be good enough to be the main leading striker.

CR7000

He is still not top player. Good for a sub when opponent defenders are tired. Often makes bad decision and no awareness of people around him. Often lose the ball and break momentum of the team. He will have some good games... but most of the time will not be so good.

edgecutter

Some fantastic balls a cross the face of goal and he never made an effort or doesn't have the brain to read them in time. Could have had a few tap ins

LLMU

Very bad game from him with bad decision making. If we are going to stick with him upfront, we will see more of this type of game from him.

Steven-UK

Many on here comparing him to Welbeck.

I couldn't stand Welbeck, because he composure lost us important matches (champions league being one of them that you will probably remember, where he tried chipping the keeper) but do you know what, at this moment in time he was much more useful than Rashord.

Luke1995

He struggles against composed defenses. Plays better when we are the counter attacking team because of his pace.

When he loses his pace, we could see a similar decline to Sanchez if he doesn't improve his decision making.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So we are betting our entire season on this fraud proving he isn’t?

He may go on to become very good, but it won’t be this year.

OldSchoolManc

Yes, there is no need for personal insults.
But the plain fact is, he doesn’t understand how lucky he is.
£200,000 + a week for playing worse than a Sunday league player.
These players need some reality in how lucky they actually are.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yes, there is no need for personal insults.
But the plain fact is, he doesn’t understand how lucky he is.
£200,000 + a week for playing worse than a Sunday league player.
These players need some reality in how lucky they actually are.
Yes they know that. They use instagram to tell us the percentage of players that make it here.

He certainly thinks that he made it.

Walters_19_MuFc

Had some really good deliveries into the box, especially by James, but couldnt quite get into the right positions. Its something he will need to learn if he's going to get more goals.

Sylar

When we have the ball out wide, he needs to gamble that a good cross will come in. Quite a few good crosses from Dan James and AWB and hes standing there picking his nose.

AJ10

A real striker would have anticipated those crosses from James and AWB.

marktan

Many on here comparing him to Welbeck.

I couldn't stand Welbeck, because he composure lost us important matches (champions league being one of them that you will probably remember, where he tried chipping the keeper) but do you know what, at this moment in time he was much more useful than Rashord.
It's a weird one, Rashford has more composure than Welbeck, but Welbeck was a lot more technical with the ball at his feet. I get a more Frazier Campbell vibe from Rashford, albeit with more strength and pace.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Look at Aguero's goal today. Can you see Rashford doing that? That's the level of striker United needs.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Really rubbish all round game at the moment. I think he has until the end of next season to show his worth.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's just not at the races at all.

Granted we create feck all but he doesn't make the most of what he gets.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What a false dawn the first couple of games were...

Don’t worry, the apologists will scream ‘but, but, but, he is young, only 21!!!’

And he’s also fecking stupid on the pitch. Don’t see that changing, ever.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
One thing I will say is that, imagine missing the penalty last week and kinda playing a big part in our loss, and then playing as bad as he did this week.

Where's his motivation and hunger to make the difference? I guess he is only 21 but still...

Alabaster Codify7

This is supposedly our future. The best forward we have. He's fecking average and always has been - he occasionally is unplayable, but it's very dependent on the circumstances. He's a hit and run merchant - if a defence sits back and we're countering, he's hard to handle because he's quick, direct and loves taking a shot.

Finishing - hit and miss.
Hold up play - non existent.
Team-play - non existent.
Skill/creativity - hit and miss.

We're paying him 200k a week and Jamie Vardy would do a better job. At least nobody is in any delusion as to what Vardy is, and Vardy is a born finisher who doesnt need multiple chances. Vardy is also more of a team player. 'Rashy' has been led to believe he's the incarnation of Ronaldo with 1/10 of the ability.

If Ole truly believes he's capable of leading the line, he's an incompetent fool of a manager. If he's just playing that line to defend our lack of true options, he's a sockpuppet and nothing more.

Reap what you sow.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
More vitriol towards a players that never gives anything less than 100%.

Is he good enough? Not at the moment, that's for sure.

Does he deserve some of the toxic abuse written in here? Absolutely not.
When will someone like yourself finally realize he’s just not good enough? When will the ‘local lad’ goodwill finally evaporate? When will the common sense ruler finally be run over him?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really needs to stop relying completely on his pace. Still remember there was a pace he received in in middle third and Vestegaard was the last man and had committed to the tackle pretty soon. All he had to do was either dink it over him slightly (Vestegaard was on the ground) or just stop and look what is around him before running brainlessly. Get past him and he's through on goal!

shabz

He isn't a number 9, don't even think he's good enough for the first 11 in the long run. His instinct is shite, he doesn't ever gamble and overall attacking positions are often poor.

Our situatuon has made us desperate to unearth talents from within and try to plug them in positions where they have no business being realistically. Rashford, Lingard, Mctominay, Pereira are not good enough for me. Three of them were starters today and that will say a lot about how this season is going to end for us.

Jimmy_Bond

When will someone like yourself finally realize he’s just not good enough? When will the ‘local lad’ goodwill finally evaporate? When will the common sense ruler finally be run over him?
Words fail me.

Have you read my posts?

NJM78

I know it will not happen but I would not lose a second of sleep if he we sold him.
I love the romance of the academy and his burst onto the scene but we have had far better players and will have in the future.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Words fail me.

Have you read my posts?
Well, just commented on the stand alone post, can’t say I have combed through thread your rest.

He completely deserves the vitriol he gets. He’s arrogant, thick, & is overpaid. He’s crap. Some of that isn’t completely his doing, but a lot is. To keep giving him even more cover just covers over the truth of the matter.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Rushford is not the solution. He is a very poor player. How many times did he test the keeper? Why is he not at the end of this crosses by James? If Greenwood starts today game, he might score a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.