5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurton

We are stuck with this guy. We make a mistake with Sanchez and you would think we learned from that, but guess what we give such a big salary to this guy without having proved anything. We'll be having to send him on loan or something while still paying his stupid wages. Otherwise, we end up with a player on a huge salary on the bench as he definitely is not good enough. And then first-teamers start asking for stupid salaries. We are such a badly run club, I think someone can write a book on us on how not to run a business.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's just appalling.

I'm tired of the excuses. He gets paid the big bucks and serves up that calamity of a performance.

He was terrible.
I’m honestly at a loss for words. How such incompetence is allowed. He has potential and I’m sure we all hope he somehow reaches the highest level in football because it would be to our benefit. But the kind of money we’ve given an inconsistent 21 year old is up there with what proven world class players are being paid. Players in their prime as well. This club is fecked.

And it’s not just Rashford. It’s more than half of our squad that’s massively overpaid. I’ll start adding DDG to that list as well.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Maybe because he takes more shots than everyone.

And his finishing is nothing special when he does get the chance.
Finishing is the most overrated attribute of any goalscorer. The top goalscorers long term are those who get themselves the most chances, not those who necessarily convert the greatest percentage. Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski, Aguero etc. score the most because they work hard, continuously put themselves in the right areas, and have the right degree of selfishness.

Jimmy_Bond

Absolutely not. I would say something very similar if not the same words. No point in trying to act differently just because I am typing.

If you want a clarifier, he’s ‘thick & arrogant’ on the pitch. I cringe when I see him in public, but that’s on him. I think he could improve his public image, but that’s not to what I am referring when I call him ‘thick & arrogant.’ It’s his football brain to which I am referring.

He deserves the same level of vitriol as Lindelöf for his performance today, simple as.
Happily spreading vitriol. What a lovely attitude.

Rashford has been very poor recently and either needs to work very hard to improve or needs to be dropped.

Why does anything more than that need saying? It's pathetic. Some people need to have a serious look at themselves. Love to see your reaction if it was a family member receiving such abuse for playing badly in a football match.

Eddy_JukeZ

Finishing is the most overrated attribute of any goalscorer. The top goalscorers long term are those who get themselves the most chances, not those who necessarily convert the greatest percentage. Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski, Aguero etc. score the most because they work hard, continuously put themselves in the right areas, and have the right degree of selfishness.
Rashford will never be a 20 goal striker.

His attacking instincts aren't even good. He's overly selfish and his finishing when he does get in the right areas isn't good enough.

You need to be a good finisher to score 40+ goals like Ronaldo and Messi do. They don't score it by purely 'working hard'.

OldSchoolManc

Happily spreading vitriol. What a lovely attitude.

Rashford has been very poor recently and either needs to work very hard to improve or needs to be dropped.

Why does anything more than that need saying? It's pathetic. Some people need to have a serious look at themselves. Love to see your reaction if it was a family member receiving such abuse for playing badly in a football match.
This has nothing to do with vitriol and everything to do with doing your job to a sufficient standard. Most of us would be out on our ear if we delivered as badly as that in our jobs.
I suspect you may actually be a family member, as your snowflake attitude to his performances, says that you feel more sorry for him than the club.
No player is bigger than the club.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
You need to be a good finisher to score 40+ goals like Ronaldo and Messi do. They don't score it by purely 'working hard'.
Rashford’s conversion rate in the league last season was virtually identically (actually marginally better) than Ronaldo’s. 8.4 shots per goal vs 8.43.

The surest way for any goalscorer to increase their output is to get themselves more chances. If Rashford wants to become an elite striker, he’d be far better served focussing on making the right runs and occupying the right areas, then spending all day marginally looking to increase his conversion rate. A big part of that of course is having the right creative players behind him, which bar Pogba, United don’t have.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's not exactly a fox in the box, is he? Great on the counter but needs better anticipation in the box.

Devil81

So many great balls across the area today were to nobody because he doesn't anticipate the chance.

I've been a big fan but the reality is he's a tad overrated.

passing-wind

I'm done with my assessment for Rashford, he's overrated and one of the worst strikers to grace United in the last 20 years.

He's an appalling brain dead footballer. By contribution to the phase of play Welbeck is 100% better, not clinically but Danny will give more to a team that's the level of Rashford he's a glorified Welbeck. Stick Marcus on the left wing to battle with James and get a striker with Martial as the main man upfront.

Jimmy_Bond

This has nothing to do with vitriol and everything to do with doing your job to a sufficient standard. Most of us would be out on our ear if we delivered as badly as that in our jobs.
I suspect you may actually be a family member, as your snowflake attitude to his performances, says that you feel more sorry for him than the club.
No player is bigger than the club.
A family member of Rashford hahaha? You're way off with that one mate.

I just think it's a bit of a disgrace when people cannot criticise without saying some pretty vulgar and deeply offensive things about someone.

Snowflake? Again, why on earth am I snowflake for not thinking it's necessary to stoop to vile insults when criticising a player? This board went mental when Neville accused Pogba of "treachery," yet some of the stuff people say about players on here is frankly disgusting. It's hypocrisy at it's finest.

And feel more sorry for Rashford than the club? Well, I don't feel sorry for certain elements of the club. The board, the CEO and some of the more toxic parts of our fanbase don't deserve any sympathy. The vast majority of our fans do deserve sympathy, but this downfall has all been self inflicted by those in charge. I feel sorry for some of the players in the sense they're just not good enough for this club, and they're being asked to do things they just can't do. The place is a mess, but you have to keep a bit of self respect in times of trouble. Some of what is said on here and other social media outlets by fans is far from dignified, and it's something I personally don't like associated with our club.

The only sympathy I feel for Rashford is that in a better environment he could have developed much more. The class of 92 all had great experiences players around them to act as role models and to take the heat when the team went through bad runs. It's a poor state of affairs when young players are asked to be the figureheads of the team before they've even fully developed as players. The class of 92 wouldn't have reached the heights they did in such circumstances.

Wayne's World

I like Rashford as a footballer but he's never EVER going to be the number one main striker at this football club. He needs a prolific goalscorer along side him that can nature him through games and he's not good enough to lead the line of a club wanting to challenge for anything.

-Supreme-

He earns more than any one of Pools front trio. I mean £250,000 per week, which is what his new deal apparently got him, is a salary given to world class players, isn’t it? Outside of the select few & some outliers.

How do we get ourselves into these positions?
It's laughable that he earns as much as RvP did at United

And I get quite annoyed by people keep mentioning that he's just a kid and give him time but hes already on his 4th or 5th season at Utd...how much more time is needed?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

And I get quite annoyed by people keep mentioning that he's just a kid and give him time but hes already on his 4th or 5th season at Utd...how much more time is needed?
You get the concept that people have an actual age, defined by their year of birth, right?

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Yeah man. I have high hopes for him and I hope he delivers but atm it’s all a bit shitty.

If he’s “just a kid with a potential” and he needs time, he shouldn’t be on superstar wages either. Not only his fault, mind you. But we clearly rate him much more important or better than he actually is. Which is why we’re in this mess. Because we’re stuck with a lot of average players on inflated wages.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Yeah man. I have high hopes for him and I hope he delivers but atm it’s all a bit shitty.

If he’s “just a kid with a potential” and he needs time, he shouldn’t be on superstar wages either. Not only his fault, mind you. But we clearly rate him much more important or better than he actually is. Which is why we’re in this mess. Because we’re stuck with a lot of average players on inflated wages.
This is important. If you're paid like a star, you should perform like a star. With that being said, it's not Rashford's fault that Utd is paying him star-wages even though he's not on that level yet.

caid

He needs to add more to his game really. Stick him making runs off the shoulder of the last defender and he looks pretty great. Everything else is very mediocre, hold up play is minimal, creativity is lacking, doesn't really look like an instinctive poacher who'll get tap ins, doesn't have much of a range of passing, utterly terrible at free kicks. Suppose he's pretty good at pressing.
Medium term i think hes probably more suited to being cover for martial, dont think hes a winger or good enough striker to start every week. If we weren't in such a poor state I'd say he shouldn't be starting most weeks but ... we are, so he will.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Is age really an excuse anymore with him? He's been a professional for over three years now, has been around some great veterans like Mata or Zlatan (even if for a short spell), he's garnered experience by playing a really big role for his age and inexperience once Van Gaal threw him on.

So, there's no excuse for his age anymore. He is becoming a seasoned player and there should be some indication of improvements. Instead, it's still the same selfishness backed up by absolutely no end results to make it acceptable, it's the constant lack of vision, his lack of options when his pace doesn't get him where he needs to go, and his complete lack of anticipation that a striker should have.

The last part is what's surprising me the most, because I've always seen Rashford as someone who had a knack to be at the right place, but maybe sometimes his finishing would let him down. Whereas here, I feel he is never at the right place, and it's a bit worrying as it's another regress of his game.

stu_1992

His form is becoming a big problem for us. Looks most dangerous when on the counter attack, but outside of that he's looked very poor so far this season. I felt more often than not he's harmed our build up okay and I thought that was especially obvious today.

What wasn't apparent today but has still been an issue are his free kicks and erratic shooting from anyway. That stuff needs to be curtailed and he definitely needs to be off set pieces for a while.

Eddy_JukeZ

This is important. If you're paid like a star, you should perform like a star. With that being said, it's not Rashford's fault that Utd is paying him star-wages even though he's not on that level yet.
I'm pretty sure he asked/demanded for the wages though.

I doubt we give it out like charity.

haram

A young player being inconsistent. He is not that good as a striker, but people only want to realise now. This is what happens when you want to rely on young players so much, I don't get how Ole could not see this happening. Now again Rashford is under extra pressure just like I said would happen.

Again I will not blame Martial and Rashford this season. It's not fair, our board is shit and the manager is just as naive as the young forwards.

Stacks

Finishing is indeed overrated and yes a player just needs to take lots of shots and not hit the back of the net. So long as you look busy

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Finishing is indeed overrated and yes a player just needs to take lots of shots and not hit the back of the net. So long as you look busy
That's not what I said, but certainly makes for a nice straw man.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Forget his position. The selfishness and greed in his play is incredible. Makes Salah look like a saint.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Wasn't he demanding 300k a week to stay a few months ago? :lol: Who does he think he is?

passing-wind

Stick him wide, not got the mental edge to be a striker. He doesn't excel at anything, no hold up play, doesn't play into others, doesn't make meaningful runs, if he does no end product. Pure garbage

jungledrums

Absolutely not. I would say something very similar if not the same words. No point in trying to act differently just because I am typing.

If you want a clarifier, he’s ‘thick & arrogant’ on the pitch. I cringe when I see him in public, but that’s on him. I think he could improve his public image, but that’s not to what I am referring when I call him ‘thick & arrogant.’ It’s his football brain to which I am referring.

He deserves the same level of vitriol as Lindelöf for his performance today, simple as.
That I find myself defending rashford after his turd of a performance today just shows how pathetic this comment is. Deserves vitriol? Are you a moron?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That I find myself defending rashford after his turd of a performance today just shows how pathetic this comment is. Deserves vitriol? Are you a moron?
Easy, sport, didn’t lay down criticism on you or anyone close to you, no need to call me names. I’m just very critical of a player in our club who was as bad today as Lindelöf, yet he gets passes by many here who are wont to make excuses for him. It’s past time for him to be dropped or loaned.

Sterling Archer

I blame Ole as well as Rashford. He came out openly talking about scoring the not so pretty goals, scrappy tap ins all of that. He specifically talked about Martial and Rashford needing to get those goals and how Greenwood was the best of them. We then see three maybe four crosses fizz the box and our striker that last season was posting about learning from Ole, not even attempt to attack the goal mouth. What the actually hell is going on in training? Are they not working on this shit? Do they just expect the players to become better?

littleman

Rashford talking in interviews saying he's one of the more experienced now and guiding new younger players... Pfft

Guy, you are NOTHING yet

Just a blip in United history

Give up those gold chains and those stupid clothes. Focus on your game Blink again and you'll be Welbeck.

And for God's sake don't corrupt Wan Bissaka. All this talk about bringing Bissaka out of his shell.. seems like more Utd players need to back into their shells.

Greenwood should start soon

dabeast

Why on earth was he on his heels and did he not gamble on AWB’s cross?

Rashford needs football intelligence classes, just like the rest of our squad.

So many great balls across the area today were to nobody because he doesn't anticipate the chance.

I've been a big fan but the reality is he's a tad overrated.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I won't pillor him with criticism. But I think he should be a bench option. Same with James really, despite his good start.

CR7000

Highly over-rated. Just pace and some good touches once in a while. No awareness of people around him. Never won balls from the air. Never be able to hold the ball for the team. Rarely in good positions when crosses are in. Bad header on the ball. We have so many of these average players.

mewnew11

Whatever went wrong in attack last season the fingers were pointed to the big names such as lukaku and sanchez and they were taken to the cleaners from the fans.

Unfortunately for Rashford he has nowhere to hide now. With Lukaku Sanchez in the team rashford was still a young player with potential and could hide behind big names for his atrocious performances.

At the end of last season we went through a series or disastrous results where we would loose to Cardiff etc. In the whole run there were two common names in attack- Rashford and Lingard.
Most of the games there was no lukaku or Sanchez starting and game after game rashy and jlingz stunk up the place.

It is clear to see where we had problems, yes Sanchez and lukaku were part of it but the rashys and the jlings got away with murder.

I would have given rashford a chance to improve and prove himself but the club totally destroyed that chance by giving him an improved contract which was undeserved and unjustified.

Status
Not open for further replies.