5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Missed two good chances and lacked the instinct and anticipation when James and AWB both put good crosses in.

r0663664

Worships Man City
He isn't a number 9, don't even think he's good enough for the first 11 in the long run. His instinct is shite, he doesn't ever gamble and overall attacking positions are often poor.

Our situatuon has made us desperate to unearth talents from within and try to plug them in positions where they have no business being realistically. Rashford, Lingard, Mctominay, Pereira are not good enough for me. Three of them were starters today and that will say a lot about how this season is going to end for us.
100% spot on. These players are not ready to be XI. Ole is not Alex, Alex can turn anyone of them to world class. Ole is not ready to be our manager .

Jimmy_Bond

He completely deserves the vitriol he gets. He’s arrogant, thick, & is overpaid. He’s crap. Some of that isn’t completely his doing, but a lot is. To keep giving him even more cover just covers over the truth of the matter.
You've just proven my point.

You're not coming across as someone who'll be winning Mastermind any time soon.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If he wants to start it needs to be on the right wing. Martial is a better centre forward and James is a better left winger.

Omahahaha

His important role frustrates me. He is not at the level of quality required of a top 4 starting attacker. Especially not at that kind of salary.

Also frustrating that his decision making has regressed.

Kopral Jono

I can't believe our main striker this season has a footballing IQ total of about 60. I'm so angry.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very disappointing. Sometimes Rashford plays with no real calmness and intelligence. It's frustrating because we know he had it in him, but there are days or spells where he plays as if he's in a video game and has to try fancy shit no matter what the options are. Being more of a team player will really elevate him.

el3mel

Why should we care about a player giving his 100% ? This is pretty the bare minimum expected for any footballer in literally any club. Nothing to look at. The only thing that matters is his 100% is poor and simply not enough. He's extremely inconsistent and he's having a poor patch, he doesn't help himself with stupid tricks, flicks and shots. When he's bad, he's terribly shite. No inbetween in him, and the problem these periods don't extend for 1 or 2 matches but for loads of matches costing us.

He has been a first team player playing regularly week in week out as a starter or sub for what, 3 years now ? It's unacceptable how his rock bottom level looks, and it's unacceptable how he's totally arrogant and selfish on the pitch.

If you're out of confidence or form, try to play simple and doing the basics. For Rashford, if he's shite, he'll force every long range shot, every free kick, every cross, everything. It's a terrible attitude on the pitch. He thinks of himself better than what it actually is.

No doubt he'll have a good patch of form this season but it'll be followed by another terrible patch and so on. It's a ridiculous decision to enter the season depending on such inconsistent player as our main attacker.

KennyBurner

This is supposedly our future. The best forward we have. He's fecking average and always has been - he occasionally is unplayable, but it's very dependent on the circumstances. He's a hit and run merchant - if a defence sits back and we're countering, he's hard to handle because he's quick, direct and loves taking a shot.

Finishing - hit and miss.
Hold up play - non existent.
Team-play - non existent.
Skill/creativity - hit and miss.

We're paying him 200k a week and Jamie Vardy would do a better job. At least nobody is in any delusion as to what Vardy is, and Vardy is a born finisher who doesnt need multiple chances. Vardy is also more of a team player. 'Rashy' has been led to believe he's the incarnation of Ronaldo with 1/10 of the ability.

If Ole truly believes he's capable of leading the line, he's an incompetent fool of a manager. If he's just playing that line to defend our lack of true options, he's a sockpuppet and nothing more.

Reap what you sow.
This here is where the problem lies. We have led him to believe he is something he isnt. You can just see it from the way he loves to shoot aimlessly instead of thinking a bit quicker in certain situations. Its a by product of us not having senior figures good enough for his position also. Right now i feel he is a decent talent with time on his side because he is still 21. What we need to do now is go back tot he basics with him and also surround him with better players. I wont give up on him like i have lingard.

He also isn't a striker right now. Things could change in the future if he keeps his head down and focuses on other aspects of play other than being so direct. I'm talking one touch football and smarter positioning. When martial comes back we should play him on the right and let him focus on a team building training system so he isnt useless when doing anything other counter attacking.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
More vitriol towards a players that never gives anything less than 100%.

Is he good enough? Not at the moment, that's for sure.

Does he deserve some of the toxic abuse written in here? Absolutely not.
Honest question, do you think he gave 100% today?

I just don’t buy that narrative any more. 100% isn’t chasing after every ball, it’s actually producing things. That today was the absolute epitome of average.

ash_86

Terrible today. One thing for sure, he isn't a center forward.

ash_86

Of course he’s a centre forward. He’s just a long way off being the finished article. Which is a problem.
Then why is he getting played there? We should have signed someone like Haller who can bring likes of Rashford into play.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I think i prefer him on the left wing, tbh. Didn't think i would say that, but he has a little bit of the Wayne Rooney about him in that due to the great attitude on the kid, he wanders around too much and is often out of position. At least that's how i seen it in this game. He often drifts around looking for the action, whereas i would prefer him to stay in his position.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The Lingard syndrome.

I love Ole but dear lord, I hope the core of his Manchester United squad won't be Lingard and Rashford. For Rashford at least not now, for Lingard He can feck off.

Sarcastico

Looked like he needs to relearn the basics of playing in the center forward position. Not looking good for us, as with Martial's injury our only other option is a 17 year old.

manunited1919

He can’t carry the burden all by himself, plus he overrelies on pace. I still think he will eventually be an Ok LW/attacker/second striker. But he needs to learn to head, golly.

Jimmy_Bond

Honest question, do you think he gave 100% today?

I just don’t buy that narrative any more. 100% isn’t chasing after every ball, it’s actually producing things. That today was the absolute epitome of average.
I think he gave 100%

I disagree that giving 100 percent means producing things. I'd give 100%, but I don't have the level to create things.

Ballist1x

Problem with Rashford is that he's useless with his head. Look up the number of headed goals he has. You cant have a lone striker that useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Currently leads the way in the EPL on xG on Understat. Bit weird how this forum is acting like he is anonymous in games.

kiristao

He gives his 100% every game but that is not enough. He is not a CF and I feel James is better than him on the left. Would much rather he play on the right when Martial is back.

Jimmy_Bond

If you disagree, refute my points; else you’re just a blind apologist.
I'm saying it's pathetic to revert to personal insults against a footballer who may not be good enough, but does give his all.

You calling him "thick" is cringeworthy to be honest. If you met him would you tell him he's "thick and arrogant?" Of course you wouldn't. you'd be blushing and asking for selfies and autographs. Internet warrior who thinks it's acceptable to post toxic vile about people because their sporting performance is low. Says more about you than him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This is where our lack of depth comes back to haunt us. Again.

He needs dropping but for who? With Martial out, our attacking options are Greenwood, Lingard, Mata, Pereira and James. Then maybe Chong and Gomes if Ole puts his faith in them.

I can't believe some were happy with our transfer window. Just look at that attack, never mind the midfield.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It wasn't a good game but I like him. Now the issue is that Martial is obviously a far better striker and surprisinly James seems to be a far better left winger, it's a nice issue to have for United and not so much for Rashford.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm saying it's pathetic to revert to personal insults against a footballer who may not be good enough, but does give his all.

You calling him "thick" is cringeworthy to be honest. If you met him would you tell him he's "thick and arrogant?" Of course you wouldn't. you'd be blushing and asking for selfies and autographs. Internet warrior who thinks it's acceptable to post toxic vile about people because their sporting performance is low. Says more about you than him.
Absolutely not. I would say something very similar if not the same words. No point in trying to act differently just because I am typing.

If you want a clarifier, he’s ‘thick & arrogant’ on the pitch. I cringe when I see him in public, but that’s on him. I think he could improve his public image, but that’s not to what I am referring when I call him ‘thick & arrogant.’ It’s his football brain to which I am referring.

He deserves the same level of vitriol as Lindelöf for his performance today, simple as.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's got no hold up play whatsoever and is useless in the air, he barely even bothers challenging.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He earns more than any one of Pools front trio. I mean £250,000 per week, which is what his new deal apparently got him, is a salary given to world class players, isn’t it? Outside of the select few & some outliers.

How do we get ourselves into these positions?

Eddy_JukeZ

Currently leads the way in the EPL on xG on Understat. Bit weird how this forum is acting like he is anonymous in games.
Maybe because he takes more shots than everyone.

And his finishing is nothing special when he does get the chance.

Eddy_JukeZ

He earns more than any one of Pools front trio. I mean £250,000 per week, which is what his new deal apparently got him, is a salary given to world class players, isn’t it?

How do we get ourselves into these positions?
It's just appalling.

I'm tired of the excuses. He gets paid the big bucks and serves up that calamity of a performance.

He was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.