4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

We would get better value for our £200k a week by playing his PR team off the bench.

At least we can count on their work ethic.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Have you ever seen a player in injury time, in a match they are losing 0-1, at home, in a knock out CL game, receive the ball in the final third, with only a defender to beat, stop dead in their tracks, turn around and casually side foot it backwards?

(Marcus Rashford)
More than anything that shows a lack of confidence rather than ability.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Whilst I would agree with the sentiment above that if youre going to give, you should be able to take....
What abuse was given to Rashford in the video by the person Rashford had a go at? Maybe I missed it. can you please explain?

Or are we saying its ok to group people together as one? So Steven abused Rashford so Rashford has a right to go at Derek? Or.... am i missing something?

Yeah being childish on a player performance thread is not it right? Oh btw.... on the same page.
Calling somebody a Tory makes me 12? Ah I'm not following your incredibly stupid logic there.

What on earth do you think absusing our own player is going to achieve anyway?

It's just stupidity.

Kag

Best thing Rashford can do at this point is remove himself from social media completely. Go to work and go home. Rinse and repeat. Sort this out.

Idxomer

With that endorsement from the club, he's now the most indulged player in the history of football.

Deery

Dreary
MBE - Media Broadcast Entertainment
It is mad he got a MBE a couple months ago and is now giving fans the middle finger and offering them for a scrap.. :lol:

A PR team is a hell of a thing…

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
No one hates our players, both individually and collectively more than our own fans do. Being on here for 17 years has shown a window into it and now wider social media has kicked the door wide open.

It used to be you could get away from it going to the ground and to away games, but sadly the awful climate and dehumanisation of players and coaches (some of which they have done to themselves) is too pervasive and it has infected the match going fan as well.

All in all, football is shit.

Kag

For what it’s worth, I have no issue with players giving it back to the fans either. Football fans are generally wankers. You’d struggle to find anywhere else on earth where such a large group of bellends all descend on the same space at the same time.

I’m baffled he’s given them the time of day. Go home and let them get back to guzzling Carling and shouting and swearing at strangers. Daft lad.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Another statement?, oh do feck off you tone deaf bastard.
Classy as ever.

I'd take Rashford over 'fans' like you any day. I bet if you ever met him you'd suck to him and ask for a photo too.

Get a life mate. He's a footballer who is out of form. He's not killed anyone.

edgecutter

In fairness to Marcus he should have walked past the hate, it's just that he's having trouble getting past anyone lately

RedDevilQuebecois

Just being alive for most on here. Tories everywhere on this forum. It's so bleeding obvious.
What the hell is wrong with you? Being demanding on oneself or others has feck all to do with being a Tory. In fact, there is a problem when you start thinking it's okay to go with kids' gloves with a fully grown adult.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What the hell is wrong with you? Being demanding on oneself or others has feck all to do with being a Tory. In fact, there is a problem when you start thinking it's okay to go with kids' gloves with a fully grown adult.
The abuse of Rashford has really ramped up since he came out and attacked Boris and the Tories over kids meals. It's fairly obvious it's playing a part.

This is Rashford's first poor season in 5/6 years. Every single player in this squad who has been with us for a while has had at least one bad season in them.

It's gone way beyond criticism now. The guy is playing poorly. He's not doing that on purpose.

He's actually scored the most goals in the post Fergie era too. Probably right up there in assists too but I haven't checked that.

Agendas everywhere.

Frank Grimes

Classy as ever.

I'd take Rashford over 'fans' like you any day. I bet if you ever met him you'd suck to him and ask for a photo too.

Get a life mate. He's a footballer who is out of form. He's not killed anyone.
I rated Welbeck more than this useful player, ask for a photo? Don't make me laugh. He's a liar, I've no problem with him flipping his middle finger when upset but the PR job denying it is pathetic.

UncleBob

The abuse of Rashford has really ramped up since he came out and attacked Boris and the Tories over kids meals. It's fairly obvious it's playing a part.

This is Rashford's first poor season in 5/6 years. Every single player in this squad who has been with us for a while has had at least one bad season in them.

It's gone way beyond criticism now. The guy is playing poorly. He's not doing that on purpose.

He's actually scored the most goals in the post Fergie era too. Probably right up there in assists too but I haven't checked that.

Agendas everywhere.
:wenger:

SER19

The what now? And does this “caricature of a modern footballer” necessarily involve campaigning on behalf of underprivileged children? Not the first thing you’d associated with modern footballers, if I’m honest.
A pr machine fuelled, overpaid, underachiever.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Just stop.
I'd say the same to you lot but you all seem to know better.

Absusing all our own players is definitely going to improve things isn't it? Can definitely seem him getting his form back quicker now.

Clueless. If you can't support our own what chance do we have?

What's he done that is so terrible that has you all raging anyway?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'd say the same to you lot but you all seem to know better.

Absusing all our own players is definitely going to improve things isn't it? Can definitely seem him getting his form back quicker now.

Clueless. If you can't support our own what chance do we have?

What's he done that is so terrible that has you all raging anyway?
He is quite shit & has been for over a year. It’s time to cash in before his value deteriorated further.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
A pr machine fuelled, overpaid, underachiever.
None of that means anything really.

Every PL player at a club like United having a season like we’re having is, by definition, an overpaid underachiever.

As for “pr machine fuelled” that’s pretty meaningless too. He’s used social media very effectively to drive an extremely noble cause. I don’t see that as reason for criticism.

The only thing I think you could criticise him for is being too engaged with social media. He seems to care too much about what is said online. It’s obviously messing with his head. IMO that’s an important factor in his shitty form. That would be the opposite of “pr fuelled” though. “PR hindered”, if anything.

clarkydaz

None of that means anything really.

Every PL player at a club like United having a season like we’re having is, by definition, an overpaid underachiever.

As for “pr machine fuelled” that’s pretty meaningless too. He’s used social media very effectively to drive an extremely noble cause. I don’t see that as reason for criticism.

The only thing I think you could criticise him for is being too engaged with social media. He seems to care too much about what is said online. It’s obviously messing with his head. IMO that’s an important factor in his shitty form. That would be the opposite of “pr fuelled” though. “PR hindered”, if anything.
His PR is one of the leaks out of the club. his PR and social media focus is what is adding fuel to the fire of people being pissed off with him

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He is quite shit & has been for over a year. It’s time to cash in before his value deteriorated further.
Last season alone he got 23 goals and 13 assists playing mainly from the left. He's definitely not done. This is the first real bad spell in his career.

No other Utd player has scored more goals than him since Fergie retired. He's just going through a bad time. I honestly don't see what fans are trying to achieve with all this agenda.

He can come on for 10/15 mins in a game and still get all the abuse aimed at him. It's very strange indeed.

He's not a lost cause at all.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Last season alone he got 23 goals and 13 assists playing mainly from the left. He's definitely not done. This is the first real bad spell in his career.

No other Utd player has scored more goals than him since Fergie retired. He's just going through a bad time. I honestly don't see what fans are trying to achieve with all this agenda.

He can come on for 10/15 mins in a game and still get all the abuse aimed at him. It's very strange indeed.

He's not a lost cause at all.
There’s no agenda. He’s just shit.

It’s okay to be shit, it happens.

Sylar

]
Calling somebody a Tory makes me 12? Ah I'm not following your incredibly stupid logic there.

What on earth do you think absusing our own player is going to achieve anyway?

It's just stupidity.
No, you acting like a child on this forum makes you 12
It's your own Logic

Where did I say abusing our player will achieve anything? Or are we making up statements to divert from performances now?

lex talionis

Someone earlier in this thread corrected me earlier about Rashford’s back injury but I’m looking at a media report that he suffered a double stress fracture as well as a piece of a floating bone in his ankle.

I’m not convinced that even though the surgery seems to have been successful that he’s fully fit, or that he ever will be again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There’s no agenda. He’s just shit.

It’s okay to be shit, it happens.
He wasn't shit before. He is shit this season. Shock horror, confidence shot after what happened in the euros and United being garbage all year. Not like he's some exception in a shining team.

People need to learn how to support. Not just chant their name when the players are scoring every game and then discard them when they go through a bad run.

UncleBob

He wasn't shit before. He is shit this season. Shock horror, confidence shot after what happened in the euros and United being garbage all year. Not like he's some exception in a shining team.

People need to learn how to support. Not just chant their name when the players are scoring every game and then discard them when they go through a bad run.
He’s been shit for the past 15 months

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Have you ever seen a player in injury time, in a match they are losing 0-1, at home, in a knock out CL game, receive the ball in the final third, with only a defender to beat, stop dead in their tracks, turn around and casually side foot it backwards?

(Marcus Rashford)
Yeah. It happens when a player is terrified and confidence levels are rock bottom. Needs rebuilding. Not beating when he's down. Its fecking Marcus Rashford and people on here love to hammer on him. Its shameful.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
]

No, you acting like a child on this forum makes you 12
It's your own Logic

Where did I say abusing our player will achieve anything? Or are we making up statements to divert from performances now?
His performances? The whole team are utter shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.