Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Too much too young?

I mean...

Players "first car" pictures.

For context the Rashford pic is from 2016.

Rajma

If we have any sense, we’ll try to offload him for good money this summer to the likes of Newcastle or Everton while his stock is not totally down as with Martial.

MUFC OK

At this rate he honestly looks to completely have lost his love for the game. What the hell has happened to him? Lack of confidence obviously but when you factor in his poor form whilst he was ‘injured’ it’s an incredibly worrying run.

Frank Grimes

If we have any sense, we’ll try to offload him for good money this summer to the likes of Newcastle or Everton while his stock is not totally down as with Martial.
Said 3 years ago he was an Everton player in the making and got pelters. Time to get rid when clubs are stupid enough to think he is any good. We won't though because we are a dumb club from top to bottom.

lilcurt

Was never as good as he was hyped up to be. Has always been a one good game in every three of four kind of player, that has now turned into no good games in how long...

He has been great off the pitch but ultimately he is paid by the club to be a football player and his outside engagements have obviously negatively impacted his day job.

Needs to come out of the team completely and made to feel that he has to perform if he wants to remain a Manchester United player. Should never have come on today despite how others have played. Would sooner have seen Lingard.

MrBest

I think there is a player there but he has been so badly managed in the last 2 or 3 years that his growth as a player has stayed flat. He needs a good month on the bench, he needs to be shown that he is not a automatic starter if he plays awful. The most concerning thing for me is his decision making. He often gets into good space, can beat a man with pace when there is space but then dithers when he gets 1-1 with someone so he will just hit the ball hoping it goes near or in the net. There usually is a man to pass to, but he panics and has no composure. That period between Dec and March before Covid and his back injury, he was on fire and getting better. He needs to take his mind back to basics.

MUFC OK

He's been awful but I think he could be brilliant with the right manager.
I agree, has shown very good levels in the past but his form has been awful for a year now. We need to get him back to his best.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
i’ve never seen him so low on confidence and have so little idea of what he is doing. he really looks lost at the moment.

Devil’s Trident

I can’t tolerate him anymore. He is no different to me than martial. Sulky, lazy, inconsistent players who get paid a fortune but won’t give their all on the pitch for united. Where is the sense of pride for them ? Bunch of primadonnas. Get them sold. I’m done with these two along with AWB, matic, mata, lingard, VDB, Mctominay. We need a cull honestly.

RopersReturn

He’s a great footballing ambassador, going round to the schools and hospitals, speaking to kids in disadvantaged areas etc.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
I think he’s done, I hope I am wrong but he is just awful, but then again so many of his teammates are too. Never seen a player regress like he has. I believe the club has to take 100 percent responsibility in his failings. They have put him up on the wall at carrington he has not earned his spot up there amongst the class of 92 Dennis law charlton and best.

super proud of him for everything other than what he should be doing and that is he a decent footballer. It’s a shame cause the boy has talent.

L1nk

We will never sell him because of his PR and knighthoods and social clout, it will never happen. As long as he focuses on this as well he will never amount to being the top player he could be. Fergie saw Beckham chasing limelight outside of football and that's why he got rid, because he wasn't totally focused

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Cut him some slack. No one can come out and say, I did great today.

Hope he will regain his form soon.

RopersReturn

I actually think the entire squad have sunken into some form of collective depression as a consequence of the current health crisis?
It’s not entirely unusual when you look at teams like Everton , Arsenal or even Barcelona who are also underperforming.

Last edited:

UncleBob

Hardly the problem against Wolves, albeit very symptomatic of his long term form that he chooses to run into 4 oppositional players hoping he can line up a shot instead of releasing it to a teammate out wide, and when he has half the pitch wide open he plays a disaster of a pass when we had a great chance to counter. He looks completely out of it.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Average player at best. Just another Danny Welbeck, Theo Walcott

Greck

He's been awful but I think he could be brilliant with the right manager.
Sadly It might be too late for that now that he's established. The right time would have been round about when he first broke through. He has always been a sketchy decision maker but the way we played allowed him to play on instinct. I also don't believe it's a lack of commitment. He's making the same poor decisions but without the goals. If he just made smarter decisions it would be easier to play him into form. He'll have the same problems under ten Haag. The way he plays is even more complex.

Wilt

Barring an unlikely turnaround of form, don’t think he’ll even make the WC England squad.

‘Regressing’ is putting it mildly.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I actually think the entire squad have sunken into some form of collective depression as a consequence of the current health crisis?
It’s not entirely unusual when you look at teams like Everton , Arsenal or even Barcelona who are also underperforming.
Arsenal aren't underperforming. Barcelona's issues have nothing to do with health issues and Everton have been very inconsistent for a long while

Andersons Dietician

That moment when he keeps trying to find space for a shot sums up Rashford perfectly to me. Brilliant, you’ve dragged 4 players to you and a 5th is near by. Surely somewhere there is a team mate in space. Possibly Shaw if he’s not ventured offside now that you’ve delayed the pass and ignored the run.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
He’s a great footballing ambassador, going round to the schools and hospitals, speaking to kids in disadvantaged areas etc.
And if that’s what he wants to be….fine with we. Give up the squad number and take a salary that suits a community ambassador role…

captaincantona

And if that’s what he wants to be….fine with we. Give up the squad number and take a salary that suits a community ambassador role…
I would hope someone respected within the club would put an arm round him and say...stop with the other stuff and concentrate on just being a 23 year old left sided forward. Don’t post on social media, don’t try carry the expectations of Manchester on your shoulders, don’t try be a generational talent beating teams by yourself and smashing in goals from outside the box. Just put in some ordinary, decent performances. Look at Podence last night ...ordinary player...decent performance. That’s what he needs to get back to for now.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Phil Jones and DDG can
That shows that our best players are defenders - aka Wolves played better attack than us.

This is why i say when de Gea is our best player, it shows how crap we are. Teams dominate vs US and we have to rely on our goalkeeper and defenders.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I would hope someone respected within the club would put an arm round him and say...stop with the other stuff and concentrate on just being a 23 year old left sided forward. Don’t post on social media, don’t try carry the expectations of Manchester on your shoulders, don’t try be a generational talent beating teams by yourself and smashing in goals from outside the box. Just put in some ordinary, decent performances. Look at Podence last night ...ordinary player...decent performance. That’s what he needs to get back to for now.
Fergie would have managed him much better than he has been.

Bebestation

I don't - this is 100% on the player, his decision making is terrible.
But whose is good making the right decisions?

Cavani had the opportunity to set up Greenwood in open space. Instead he took a shot directly at a player.

Ronaldo was strolling in offside and then wonders why he scores an offside goal.

Sancho runs in to players just as much as Rashford.

Bruno loses the ball when trying to be creative.

For me we have no good decision making in the squad because of how we play football. Aka due to the manager.

Brophs

The One and Only
He looks like a guy whose head is absolute cluttered and with it his confidence shot. None of the decisions he’s making seem automatic and eh looks like he’s overthinking even the most basic stuff. He needs to clear that fog and get back to basics and see where it takes him. Easier said than done when we’re playing like shit. Under Fergie he’d have been sent off to lay on a beach for a week. As it is we probably need to play him into form. But we’ve been saying that about him for probably a year or more now.

Bebestation

You know, just out of interest -

When is the last time Rashford has done some parliamentary thing?

People talk like he is doing it every day, when the last one I remeber was sometime last season/last year.

Is he still doing it? Like when and what? Just want to know if this government mindset is true and he is still doing it instead of training or something.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think all of us assume how his social media activity impacts his football. It's pure guessing based on nothing because we don't know tbh.
There are players who are very good and very active on social just like there are some whoa re average while having no consistent activity on those platforms.

As a fanbase, I think we should stop assuming we know how these guys live their lives and what impacts their football played. Rashford needs to play much much better for sure and on that I will agree 100% but I don't like how people correlate it too easily with social media.

@Bebestation No one knows for sure and for me it's just the accumulated frustration of fans that make them say stuff based on nothing. Like we are so desperate, we conjure explanations that make sense to us as to why some players are doing poorly

Paranoid Android

Podence is not an ordinary player, he's very good. He can do things most of our players can't even dream of. We need to stop underrating other players and overrating our own.

Roux

But whose is good making the right decisions?

Cavani had the opportunity to set up Greenwood in open space. Instead he took a shot directly at a player.

Ronaldo was strolling in offside and then wonders why he scores an offside goal.

Sancho runs in to players just as much as Rashford.

Bruno loses the ball when trying to be creative.

For me we have no good decision making in the squad because of how we play football. Aka due to the manager.
I'm not talking about a specific game - i'm talking about his entire senior career. His decision making has always been his biggest weakness, i don't think any other manager could change that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Remember when he used to play like he was enjoying himself? Actually smiling when the team scored. It’s been so long it’s a vague enough memory but it did actually happen. He’s so fecking miserable these days. He needs to fall in love with the game again. Or pursue a different career.

captaincantona

Podence is not an ordinary player, he's very good. He can do things most of our players can't even dream of. We need to stop underrating other players and overrating our own.
Ah here...He is 3 years older than Rashford. In his first 40 odd games in the PL, which he joined as a 23 year old he has scored a total of 4 goals and 4 assists. He has one cap for his country. While I agree he is a good player, that’s all he is. Nothing special at all other than good control, and real drive imo. Perhaps moments of real quality but nothing more.

Rashford has not been over rated. His numbers ability and performances have been enough to propel him into that second to top bracket in world football. I think that’s his ceiling. But he is no where near there these days. And my only point was that getting to “Podence” levels of application would be accepted- never mind being one of the worlds best.

Status
Not open for further replies.