4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GL21

Like the majority of you on this thread I get the feeling you are perplexed and beyond confused how Rashfords thread has turned to this. As one of our own it hurts so much more to see his demise which is evidently brought on by his deminished desire. When it's this far gone it's hard to see it returning too. In my mind now he's a goner mentally and the only thing that could make this worse is if another of our home grown idols we also adore in Greenwood goes the same way. For me this would be hard to stomach. How these young superstars aren't emitting their gratitude via their on pitch displays, or at least effort is beyond me.

RUCK4444

Mental to see how much the fans here have absolutely turned on him.

Took then 4 years of absolutely nothing performances to turn on Martial. One dodgy season after coming off his best season ever and after an injury/operation and we have people saying he needs to find a new club.

You'd think after being a product of the academy here, his performances and commitment in the past to step up as a teenager and be a key player that fans would get behind him and support him, not to mention his unreal achievements off the pitch.

I'm all for digging out players that deserve it but he's being treated awfully on here imo.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Took then 4 years of absolutely nothing performances to turn on Martial. One dodgy season after coming off his best season ever and after an injury/operation and we have people saying he needs to find a new club.

You'd think after being a product of the academy here, his performances and commitment in the past to step up as a teenager and be a key player that fans would get behind him and support him, not to mention his unreal achievements off the pitch.

I'm all for digging out players that deserve it but he's being treated awfully on here imo.
There's definitely some OTT stuff on here.

I support all our players, but not only is he unable to complete the most basic of passes right now, his energy levels are really low, which is frustrating as a fan. He doesn't deserve to start or be on the bench if he can't even bring some pashun.

RUCK4444

There's definitely some OTT stuff on here.

I support all our players, but not only is he unable to complete the most basic of passes right now, his energy levels are really low, which is frustrating as a fan. He doesn't deserve to start or be on the bench if he can't even bring some pashun.
I totally understand fan frustration with performances like he's been serving up, I'm not immune to that frustration either (far from it), I just think some are super focussed on Rashford in particular.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I totally understand fan frustration with performances like he's been serving up, I'm not immune to that frustration either (far from it), I just think some are super focussed on Rashford in particular.
I was expecting more from him than from others. Both in terms of quality on the pitch and leadership. The way in which he has dropped the ball is baffling.

OT_United

He has been in poor form for some time now, which can happen to anyone, but seems like he just doesn't work hard as much as before.

To many times he completely drifts out of the game to the point I forget about him playing until he loses the ball or has failed dribling attempt.

He regressed as player in last year and half, two even, when he should've kicked on to become constitenly very good/great player. He has all the tools- great acceleration and speed, good enough technique, very good striking technique, can beat his marker with tricks and flicks, very good delivery from wing but his decision making and lack of effort prevents him from taking next level.

Hope he manages to turn around his fortune and fulfill his potential, but for now he deserves some time off on the bench.
But can he beat his marker with tricks & flicks? I haven't seen him do it in months. Not sure about good striking technique, his shooting in recent months has been laughable!

UncleBob

:lol:

RUCK4444

I was expecting more from him than from others. Both in terms of quality on the pitch and leadership. The way in which he has dropped the ball is baffling.
There must be a reason for it. Perhaps he's struggling since the operation?

No player goes out there with the intention of performing like he has. It's concerning.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Tbf, every player performance thread is the same. Check out Ronaldo's, Maguires, even Sancho etc. - so it's definitely not a Rashford thing - though he has been poor for a long time now in fairness (understandable with the injury etc.). Hoping he can get that sharpness back soon.

MyBloodIsRed

He needs to play some games in the reserves and have a chance to find so form. He’s too young and raw to just be nailed on to walk into the 11

RUCK4444

Tbf, every player performance thread is the same. Check out Ronaldo's, Maguires, even Sancho etc. - so it's definitely not a Rashford thing - though he has been poor for a long time now in fairness (understandable with the injury etc.). Hoping he can get that sharpness back soon.
Yeah I know no player is getting off lightly at the minute just seems a tad excessive on Rashford. I referring to the talk of him needing to find a new club etc.

At least Rashford has some mitigating things in his favour, like his injury/operation and recovery from that and the fact he's coming off his best season.

I'm frustrated with him because imo we are a much better team when he's fit and firing for us. I was expecting a lot more when he come back but the whole team is so out of form and in fairness he's playing as poorly as anybody in the squad.

passing-wind

Not really a suprise can't think of too many reasons outside of obvious ones between the likes of Marcus and Paul getting unleveled amounts of criticism.

So long as it's shared with others Scott Mctomminay and Maguire who aren't United level in any fashion.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah I know no player is getting off lightly at the minute just seems a tad excessive on Rashford. I referring to the talk of him needing to find a new club etc.

At least Rashford has some mitigating things in his favour, like his injury/operation and recovery from that and the fact he's coming off his best season.

I'm frustrated with him because imo we are a much better team when he's fit and firing for us. I was expecting a lot more when he come back but the whole team is so out of form and in fairness he's playing as poorly as anybody in the squad.
Yeah, frustrating is the right word. We've seen his "top end" but it's just a pity that his bottom level is also so-so poor. Hopefully he can get his head/body right and find some form.

Not really a suprise can't think of too many reasons outside of obvious ones between the likes of Marcus getting unleveled amounts of criticism.
Complete lack of effort and interest on the pitch, plus this.

It's also weird that he didn't get more criticism for choosing to go away with England instead of having a shoulder surgery that he was insistent on having. Then, after he'd finished sitting on England's bench, he chose to go on holiday for a few weeks before finally having it just as preseason was about to start.

The whole time this was happening Greenwood was rehabbing a groin injury, having refused a Euro 2020 slot to do so.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I will never have a go at a player who wants wants play for England.

That's pretty much my second club and the home of the PL.

Plus, I don't see why we should have a go at Rashford for not accepting a surgery when he was forced to play the whole year through injury at United anyway.

KingCavani

Complete lack of effort and interest on the pitch, plus this.

It's also weird that he didn't get more criticism for choosing to go away with England instead of having a shoulder surgery that he was insistent on having. Then, after he'd finished sitting on England's bench, he chose to go on holiday for a few weeks before finally having it just as preseason was about to start.

The whole time this was happening Greenwood was rehabbing a groin injury, having refused a Euro 2020 slot to do so.
Have people seen how this club manages social media and messaging?

It's completely dystopian and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that it's cultivating this toxic mentality in the squad. I have no doubt in my mind that the club encourages players to build their brand knowing it will by extension build the club's.

I have no problem with Rashford's work even if his motivation is more self serving than it appears. No one holds any of this stuff against players so long as they're performing. When they're not and there's a noticeable shift in attitude on the pitch then these questions are always going to be asked.

That is the double edged sword of playing for United - It's the greatest opportunity in the world if things go well but the scrutiny is like nothing else.

I will never have a go at a player who wants wants play for England.
Yeah, that's probably fair. Especially when England had a legit shot to win it.

It's just funny to see how often Greenwood's committment and effort is questioned, yet he took the exact opposite stance to Rashford - putting club firmly before country - and even ended up back at Carrington early. A few others who played at Euro 2020 also cut their holidays short to get back sooner.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I want him taking out of the firing line for a bit. Fans looking for someone to pin all the blame on now Ole has gone. Easy target.

He didn't even play most of that game the other night. Ronaldo Cavani and Sancho were every bit as bad.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
But can he beat his marker with tricks & flicks? I haven't seen him do it in months. Not sure about good striking technique, his shooting in recent months has been laughable!
Yeah, that's why I wrote "year and half, two even" as that's the period he started going backwards instead of forward with his progress. Should've written had all the tools instead of has all the tools , because looking him now you can't believe that's the same player who was capable of spectatular moves all around the attacking third.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I want him taking out of the firing line for a bit. Fans looking for someone to pin all the blame on now Ole has gone. Easy target.

He didn't even play most of that game the other night. Ronaldo Cavani and Sancho were every bit as bad.
This is what I found weird.

He was shit but it was particularly just making one bad pass that made everyone turn towards pointing at him liked he was playing the whole match.

People might say he was lazy but I was seeing him tracking back and defend deep too even if it wasn't perfect or consistent.

stoinz

I remember when he first broke through, he was this happy and humble kid. I remember the first interview after he scored on his debut was he had to go home to prepare for his chemistry test the next day.
Now he just look disinterested most of the time. What really happened to him? I've seen Martial smile more often than him in the last year. This current version of him is no good for anyone, he needs to find back the passion soon, hopefully here if not somewhere else.

Swiss_Red89

This is what I found weird.

He was shit but it was particularly just making one bad pass that made everyone turn towards pointing at him liked he was playing the whole match.

People might say he was lazy but I was seeing him tracking back and defend deep too even if it wasn't perfect or consistent.
Yes the reactions after the Wolves Game are clearly over the top. It was basically one bad pass and one loss of possession and everyone in here went crazy.
But his form is like this since let's say the Leipzig Hattrick and a lot of Fans seems to run out of patience with him. It's sad to see but understandable.

By the way: I don't agree with the "lack of workrate" thing anymore since Rangnick came in. IMO he seemed to up his workrate with the new manager.
But the most concerning part for me:
He still doesn't look right when running....he seems to have very bad balance, it all looks not natural. On top of that he seems to have lost a bit of his explosiveness.
And this is clearly affecting his composure and confidence, that's probably why he looks completely lost at the moment.

Anyway, where to go from here? As nobody has set the world on fire from the other forwards in the last two games, i would play Rasyhford vs Villa. Hope he grabs a MotM or just a good performance and build momentum and confidence from there. If he has a stinker again vs Villa then I would bench him a while in the PL and introduce him as a sub in games we're winning and have space for him to exploit.

Last edited:

OL29

Took then 4 years of absolutely nothing performances to turn on Martial.
Do you not see the irony in using the same hyperbole you’re complaining about? They were both pretty much neck and neck in performance and output until last season.

Frank White

Yeah, that's probably fair. Especially when England had a legit shot to win it.

It's just funny to see how often Greenwood's committment and effort is questioned, yet he took the exact opposite stance to Rashford - putting club firmly before country - and even ended up back at Carrington early. A few others who played at Euro 2020 also cut their holidays short to get back sooner.
What's that got to do with Rashford? You like your stats does Mason's work ethic blow Rashford's out of the water to make those who question Greenwood's work ethic unwarranted? Or are they very similar in that aspect and rightfully both should be questioned?

As for the extended leave, not checked but Rashford I'm guessing played a lot more than Greenwood last season and I'm sure he was told he would feature for England by Southgate. Turns out more inform/better players played a head of him which is fair enough but if Mason was told the same don't doubt he would have gone too.

Who was the players who cut their holiday short? I know Sancho didn't, who like Rashford rode the bench for the majority of the tournament didn't he? I assume you hold this against him too as to why his form is dog shit?

SoCross

He needs to get rid of his horrible hairdo and things will return back to normal!

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I remember when he first broke through, he was this happy and humble kid. I remember the first interview after he scored on his debut was he had to go home to prepare for his chemistry test the next day.
Now he just look disinterested most of the time. What really happened to him? I've seen Martial smile more often than him in the last year. This current version of him is no good for anyone, he needs to find back the passion soon, hopefully here if not somewhere else.
FAME

OT_United

though he has been poor for a long time now in fairness (understandable with the injury etc.). H
Yeah, that's why I wrote "year and half, two even" as that's the period he started going backwards instead of forward with his progress. Should've written had all the tools instead of has all the tools , because looking him now you can't believe that's the same player who was capable of spectatular moves all around the attacking third.
Agree mate. He started both the 19/20 and 20/21 season so well, and we all thought he'd really made that step up. He can't even dribble past a player any more, the fall is worrying.

yamo123x

Agree he was like a breath of fresh air, chasing lost causes, i remember a last minute winner away at hull, winning goal at the Etihad he looked so happy.
Fast forward to today he now looks like he is far too important to run and has a stinking attitude, blame fame, blame the people around him, blame the media....
He can still turn it round but something tells me his race is run and he wants out

flameinthesun

Its clear he's modeled his game on Ronaldo (not tracking back included!), which I think was encouraged by Ole.

Not to put blame on Ole but if you compare his progress to the progress of sterling its quite interesting. Both not the greatest finishers, sterling I think better in tight spaces and rashford better in space. But sterling had a strong manager get a hold of him at the right stage in his career and develop him to make the most of his strengths, whereas Rashford was pretty much tactically left to his own devices. So its no wonder that there still seems to be such big gaps in his game. I actually reckon if he had a pep, klopp, fergie, a strong manager to help develop his game he would be a ballon d'or contender.

It's also why I fear for greenwood, I honestly reckon he's a ballon d'or talent, but he's also started to drift without someone properly taking the time to develop him.

RUCK4444

Do you not see the irony in using the same hyperbole you’re complaining about? They were both pretty much neck and neck in performance and output until last season.
Yeah but not in terms of performance, Martial has been mostly a lazy fecker his whole time here.

The things that are being levelled at Marcus now, like not trying etc, have been glaring with Martial pretty much every season he's been here.

El Jefe

Have people seen how this club manages social media and messaging?

It's completely dystopian and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that it's cultivating this toxic mentality in the squad. I have no doubt in my mind that the club encourages players to build their brand knowing it will by extension build the club's.

I have no problem with Rashford's work even if his motivation is more self serving than it appears. No one holds any of this stuff against players so long as they're performing. When they're not and there's a noticeable shift in attitude on the pitch then these questions are always going to be asked.

That is the double edged sword of playing for United - It's the greatest opportunity in the world if things go well but the scrutiny is like nothing else.
Even worse is how Rashford's PR team manage him. His image is too contrived IMO, I don't doubt his personal intentions but I think he struck gold with the coverage of the free school meals and his team have milked every ounce of that to make him appear to be the perfect citizen. Nothing around him looks real anymore from a personal standpoint.

He slipped up once in the summer right after the Euros where him and Sancho went on holiday in a private jet and were recorded with big icey chains on rapping along to hip hop. He caught flack for that but I actually enjoyed seeing the real him for once not his media image.

I say all this to say, his team are responsible for feeding his ego to this level with Ole a close second. There's always an excuse from him in the press whenever his form is off or blame pointed elsewhere. I mean his team pretty much made Ole apologise for his comments about his off the pitch work in the press conference where he sat beside Rashford. How wouldn't he feel like he was untouchable. Ronaldo coming through would have affected him more than anyone in our squad because we have a genuine superstar in the team.

SATA

I believe he loves the club but he looks like he has completely fallen out of love with football and would rather be doing something else out there in his life

RedDevilQuebecois

He’s a great footballing ambassador, going round to the schools and hospitals, speaking to kids in disadvantaged areas etc.
Then he should retire from football and run for office. A footballer's primary job is to perform on the pitch while a politician's primary job is to work and pass legislations that improve the lives of her/his constituents.

I only wish we had a strong figure around to remind him that it's either football first at Manchester United or a different lifestyle elsewhere. David Beckham tasted the Gaffer's wrath back in the days and with good reason. We should expect the same with Rashford.

RedDevil@84

I believe he loves the club but he looks like he has completely fallen out of love with football and would rather be doing something else out there in his life
He broke up with his girlfriend of 8 years

Deery

Dreary
Then he should retire from football and run for office. A footballer's primary job is to perform on the pitch while a politician's primary job is to work and pass legislations that improve the lives of her/his constituents.

I only wish we had a strong figure around to remind him that it's either football first at Manchester United or a different lifestyle elsewhere. David Beckham tasted the Gaffer's wrath back in the days and with good reason. We should expect the same with Rashford.
Feck that’s a bit harsh, I don’t think the club would look too good threatening Rashford with the door for helping feed starving children.

Status
Not open for further replies.