Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redcafe_reader

Did he have excuses before his injury :lol:

He literally had an injury and was playing through it and these :wenger: fans said it was an excuse just because he was playing through it :lol:

2 months later after his operation and when no one in the whole squad is in any form except De Gea, apparently it is still an excuse that's being made for Rashford!

"Excuses" are only happening for 2 months. The excuses when he had a back injury wasn't an excuse - it was a back injury.:rolleyes:
Is Rashford the first one in history of football to have an "injury"?

If he has a serious injury, he stays out of the game and heal. Apparently Rashford himself, the doctor at Man UTD, the doctor at England, all think he can play and he goes on to play, not just 1 or 2 matches but for the whole years. Some "people" praise him for that. Yet he want to use that injury as an excuse? He can't have his cake and eat it too.

If we look at Ronaldo for example, he also had an injury that can't heal properly that force him to change his style, his body also can't keep up with the game anymore as he's 36, but it would be ridiculous if we use these as an excuse, he plays bad and deserve the blame. His body language is also not good and he deserve the blame.

Does that injury affect Rashford's attitude as well? If for example, he failed to run fast or struggle to accel (like Rooney who actually play through an injury), I can understand. But how can we use the injury to excuse his sulky attitude, like for example, in the Europa League final? He stop working hard for like quite a while, not just after Ronaldo. Most people can remember the period before Bruno.

I keep saying, some "people" desperately want fan to look away from Rashford attitude, they will use all kind of excuse, from an injury, evil Ronaldo, and now his break up with his gf of 8 years. But fan can see thing with their own eyes and judge for themselves.

I only want him to try and work hard for the team. Is it that unreasonable expectation for a guy who get paid $250k per week?

justsomebloke

I didn’t say he was, if you read the comment properly.
I said “if”.
It’s a reflection on the comments being made in this thread.
Yes, you did say that. You wrote " I think most fans, even his supporters, recognise Marcus isn’t meeting that criteria at the moment and hasn’t been for a very long time ".

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is Rashford the first one in history of football to have an "injury"?

If he has a serious injury, he stays out of the game and heal. Apparently Rashford himself, the doctor at Man UTD, the doctor at England, all think he can play and he goes on to play, not just 1 or 2 matches but for the whole years. Some "people" praise him for that. Yet he want to use that injury as an excuse? He can't have his cake and eat it too.

If we look at Ronaldo for example, he also had an injury that can't heal properly that force him to change his style, his body also can't keep up with the game anymore as he's 36, but it would be ridiculous if we use these as an excuse, he plays bad and deserve the blame. His body language is also not good and he deserve the blame.

Does that injury affect Rashford's attitude as well? If for example, he failed to run fast or struggle to accel (like Rooney who actually play through an injury), I can understand. But how can we use the injury to excuse his sulky attitude, like for example, in the Europa League final? He stop working hard for like quite a while, not just after Ronaldo. Most people can remember the period before Bruno.

I keep saying, some "people" desperately want fan to look away from Rashford attitude, they will use all kind of excuse, from an injury, evil Ronaldo, and now his break up with his gf of 8 years. But fan can see thing with their own eyes and judge for themselves.

I only want him to try and work hard for the team. Is it that unreasonable expectation for a guy who get paid $250k per week?
I'm sorry I study musculoskeletal medicine and I can't bother telling you why he played through a back injury and a shoulder injury and why that's different to the different injuries other players have had.

redcafe_reader

I'm sorry I study musculoskeletal medicine and I can't bother telling you why he played through a back injury and a shoulder injury and why that's different to the different injuries other players have had.
I know you can't, when your previous post about your "study" was discredited so hard that you basically have to say "don't quote me".

And as you can see in my post, it's not about what kind of injury he has. If he has serious injury, stay out of the game and heal, not keep on playing for 1 year and then use that as an excuse for his bad performance and attitude. It's predictable that you ignore that point again because you have no answer.

This is not personal, I have no problem with you as I know you are just doing your job. I have problem with people who keep telling us to look away from Rashford attitude.

Bebestation

I know you can't, when your previous post about your "study" was discredited so hard that you basically have to say "don't quote me".

And as you can see in my post, it's not about what kind of injury he has. If he has serious injury, stay out of the game and heal, not keep on playing for 1 year and then use that as an excuse for his bad performance and attitude. It's predictable that you ignore that point again because you have no answer.

This is not personal, I have no problem with you as I know you are just doing your job. I have problem with people who keep telling us to look away from Rashford attitude.
And what is his attitude?

Banana Republic

Yes, you did say that. You wrote " I think most fans, even his supporters, recognise Marcus isn’t meeting that criteria at the moment and hasn’t been for a very long time ".
That’s my observation of what most commentators and fans are saying.
TV and Radio pundits, newspaper journalists, every Utd YouTube channel and the major of the comments on forums like the Caf.
Most of them are questioning Rashford‘s fitness, motivation and mental attitude.
It’s a body of opinion, based on actual evidence we’ve been witnessing for quite a long time, that I happen agree with.

Are they all wrong?
Do you think there’s no problem, or serious issues with this player consistently underperforming so badly over a long period of time?

Ladron de redcafe

TV and Radio pundits, newspaper journalists, every Utd YouTube channel and the major of the comments on forums like the Caf.
Most of them are questioning Rashford‘s fitness, motivation and mental attitude.
It’s a body of opinion, based on actual evidence we’ve been witnessing for quite a long time, that I happen agree with.

Are they all wrong?
Do you think there’s no problem, or serious issues with this player consistently underperforming so badly over a long period of time?

Confirmation bias. You might be looking for all the negativity and mistakingly assume that the entire footballing world has a problem with Rashford, when they don't.

There's also the issue of narrative. People co-opt an existing narrative (regardless of how inaccurate it is) and propagate it. Rather than addressing the substance of the criticism, you're engaging in a bandwagon fallacy.

Ronaldo's Love Child

I can see Rashford being the first player to resign from football as part of the Great Resignation.

We'll see him setting up his own network of soup kitchens and have his own Christmas TV special.

justsomebloke

Are they all wrong?

It's a body of opinion you're happy to agree with, but "you didn't say he was?" Make up your mind.

I would heavily question that that is in fact a widely held view, among people whose assessment is worth taking seriously.

And your feeble attempt at presenting it as if it were something akin to a fact - yet stopping just short of actually claiming that it is, which would require you to provide actual supporting evidence - is just embarrassing. Anyone can understand that something doesn't become true, or even a reasonable claim, simply because a lot of fans on the internet and fecking youtube channels say so. In effect, you're arguing that we have to take this seriously because it's being said by a lot of people, which is the very essence of social media driven idiocy.

Bebestation

Confirmation bias. You might be looking for all the negativity and mistakingly assume that the entire footballing world has a problem with Rashford, when they don't.

There's also the issue of narrative. People co-opt an existing narrative (regardless of how inaccurate it is) and propagate it. Rather than addressing the substance of the criticism, you're engaging in a bandwagon fallacy.
Your amazing and I agree again.

When most of the people in the world think the same thing, it doesn't exactly make it right. That's like saying most of a primary school 30 kid class is intelligent when it was never that. There is only a few intelligent unique kids in a primary school, the majority are "just the rest" doing or thinking the same thing.

Ladron de redcafe

Your amazing and I agree again.

When most of the people in the world think the same thing, it doesn't exactly make it right. That's like saying most of a primary school 30 kid class is intelligent when it was never that. There is only a few intelligent unique kids in a primary school, the majority are "just the rest" doing or thinking the same thing.
I like you :D

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Most defender have figured him out. They block his run path and Rashford keeps trying the same thing again and again.

izec

The fecking excuses on here :lol: The gf one must be a wind up. Must be the first footballer ever to have shit performances excused due to a breakup.

He just never recovered from his back injury, couple that with his off the field work, and you get Rashford today. Physically and mentally, he just isn't on the pitch. A huge part of his game was his athleticism, and i feel this has changed a lot since his injury. He is not even trying anymore. He used to be busting a gut every time. You could never say he was lazy, this has changed quite a bit.

Bebestation

Most defender have figured him out. They block his run path and Rashford keeps trying the same thing again and again.
I never thought he was good at this.
He was better making runs behind the defenders - something he can't do when the central striker can't hold on to the ball and play link up play.

It leads him to only dribbling and straight at the fullbacks - I'm seeing the same thing with Sancho currently - runs straight in to the defenders.

Greenwood doesn't try to position himself as deep as Sancho and Rashford do due to the changes in ability (pace etc) - so he positions himself higher up at the pitch so he can take on a few players as possible before taking a shot.

LoneStar

Because he's English and does good things off the pitch. Gets a pass.
I remember an instance when both him and Ronaldo went off the pitch after FT without applauding the away fans. Guess who's name was mentioned all over the media? Only Ronaldo.

He gets a lot of free passes compared to his teammates. If Martial was having such performances, and continued to play, I'm sure you'd never hear the end of it.

redcafe_reader

It's a body of opinion you're happy to agree with, but "you didn't say he was?" Make up your mind.

I would heavily question that that is in fact a widely held view, among people whose assessment is worth taking seriously.

And your feeble attempt at presenting it as if it were something akin to a fact - yet stopping just short of actually claiming that it is, which would require you to provide actual supporting evidence - is just embarrassing. Anyone can understand that something doesn't become true, or even a reasonable claim, simply because a lot of fans on the internet and fecking youtube channels say so. In effect, you're arguing that we have to take this seriously because it's being said by a lot of people, which is the very essence of social media driven idiocy.
I would like to ask, why? This is a forum and we are here to express our own opinion, or do we have to put IMO before any post?

Let's say if I said I think Ronaldo ruined our plan, do I need to "prove" any "fact" or "evidence" about it? Why is it with Rashford that some people jump through all kind of hoop to excuse him?

My opinion is that Rashford is lazy, refuse to work hard in game, play like he doesn't care, failed to do a basic right, am I allow to say that? Obviously you don't have to believe or listen to me, but fan can always use their own eyes to judge.

And what is his attitude?
The way he plays without any care, refuse to fight, very poor body language, not to mention keep selfishly running into dead end, lacking concentration. A good example is the Europa League final again Villarreal. Obviously you can say that in this match Rashford shows a great attitude and desire to fight, that's your right but doesn't mean other will believe. Again, fan can watch the game and judge for themselves.

Or you can just outright say that for you, Rashford has no attitude issue, he's fully fit, fully motivated and show a lot of desire to fight for the team? Will you say that?

I remember an instance when both him and Ronaldo went off the pitch after FT without applauding the away fans. Guess who's name was mentioned all over the media? Only Ronaldo.

He gets a lot of free passes compared to his teammates. If Martial was having such performances, and continued to play, I'm sure you'd never hear the end of it.
Exactly. Pogba and Martial was branded as "lazy" since forever, meanwhile Rashford is an energetic hard worker with no attitude issue according to some.

Remember when Ole said "it is time to maybe prioritise his football and focus on football" then "Marcus Rashford's camp 'unhappy' with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer'" then Ole have to "address" it?

I was a big fan of Rashford, I praised his hard work, I praised his movement, but for whatever reason the current Rashford is not like that anymore. He plays like a prime Ronaldo but without the same talent or output, and he always has an army of professional defender in any kind of situation with premade excuses.

Foxbatt

You can accuse Ronaldo of anything but lack of effort is not something you can accuse him. He sets so high standards himself. On the other hand Rashford is not bothered anymore. When he loses he just stops. He is not as half as good as he thinks he is.
Ole should have dropped him and RR should drop him too and if he is injured then he should be not playing. It is not as if we are short of forwards. It is one department where we have too many.

El Jefe

He got flack for rapping and wearing gold chains? By whom? The Daily Fail crowd?
I think it was more due to the fact that it was a day or two after him and Sancho missed their pens in the final. Normally I'd have no issue at all but they could have waited at least a few days for the dust to settle. The nation was still grieving.

Either way this is Rashford being himself without his PR squad. I wouldn't be surprised if all the pressure for him to be perfect is affecting him personally and indirectly affecting his game.

justsomebloke

I would like to ask, why? This is a forum and we are here to express our own opinion, or do we have to put IMO before any post?

Let's say if I said I think Ronaldo ruined our plan, do I need to "prove" any "fact" or "evidence" about it? Why is it with Rashford that some people jump through all kind of hoop to excuse him?

My opinion is that Rashford is lazy, refuse to work hard in game, play like he doesn't care, failed to do a basic right, am I allow to say that? Obviously you don't have to believe or listen to me, but fan can always use their own eyes to judge.
That a Mars bar tastes better than a Snickers is an opinion. That Marcus Rashford isn't playing well is an opinion. That Marcus Rashford isn't playing well because he is lacking in motivation and focus is not an opinion, but a factual claim - or at the very least, an assertion that requires some sort of underpinning, beyond that you feel this to make sense to you. If not, you're not expressing an opinion, but just mouthing off about something you know squat about.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I think it was more due to the fact that it was a day or two after him and Sancho missed their pens in the final. Normally I'd have no issue at all but they could have waited at least a few days for the dust to settle. The nation was still grieving.

Either way this is Rashford being himself without his PR squad. I wouldn't be surprised if all the pressure for him to be perfect is affecting him personally and indirectly affecting his game.

People obviously don't listen to music to put their mind off something. He should've been by himself with the lights off, sobbing 48 hours after the match :lol:

Sounds like the mindset of a Daily Fail reader.

He didn't "slip up", like you said. The outrage over something like that is silly.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
You can accuse Ronaldo of anything but lack of effort is not something you can accuse him. He sets so high standards himself. On the other hand Rashford is not bothered anymore. When he loses he just stops. He is not as half as good as he thinks he is.
Ole should have dropped him and RR should drop him too and if he is injured then he should be not playing. It is not as if we are short of forwards. It is one department where we have too many.
Its amazing isnt it. 37 year old who has won it all still shows more desire than 23 year old player who has won feck all in his career.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
The really odd thing I find is despite his dreadful form there has been little to no mention of it in the media.
That’s because the last time it was mentioned his “people” kicked up a massive fuss.

Red00012

Keep the head down and just run into a crowd of defenders until he loses the ball
Repeat x 90mins

LoneStar

That a Mars bar tastes better than a Snickers is an opinion. That Marcus Rashford isn't playing well is an opinion. That Marcus Rashford isn't playing well because he is lacking in motivation and focus is not an opinion, but a factual claim - or at the very least, an assertion that requires some sort of underpinning, beyond that you feel this to make sense to you. If not, you're not expressing an opinion, but just mouthing off about something you know squat about.
Rashford isn't playing well is an opinion? No, it's a fact. He's been extremely poor this season, bar a game or two when he joined after injury.

lex talionis

Rashford isn't playing well is an opinion? No, it's a fact. He's been extremely poor this season, bar a game or two when he joined after injury.
You beat me to the lunch on this point.

Whether a footballer is “playing well” or is a factual statement. It might be true or it might be false in the case Rashford, but it is a statement that can be factually proven or disproven with evidence in the form of various stats used to evaluate the performances of footballers.

RedDevilQuebecois

If not, why don't you stop wasting everyone's time with this fecking nonsense.
And why don't you stop wasting time by removing your rose-tinted specs and stop excusing him for a change? Rashford is behaving like he's among the 11 wanting to feck off right now while his ego has been so inflated by stuff that have nothing to do with his football. And if that's the case, then good riddance and he deserves to have no tears shed on him. People pay good hard-earned money to see footballers perform and are within their rights to demand better entertainment for the level of talent in each of them.

Last edited:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Did he have excuses before his injury :lol:

He literally had an injury and was playing through it and these :wenger: fans said it was an excuse just because he was playing through it :lol:

2 months later after his operation and when no one in the whole squad is in any form except De Gea, apparently it is still an excuse that's being made for Rashford!

"Excuses" are only happening for 2 months. The excuses when he had a back injury wasn't an excuse - it was a back injury.:rolleyes:
The excuse before Injury was. He's not a right winger when he was shit :houllier:

DutchCruijff

One of the most braindead footballers I've seen at this club.

Sell.

Can't play #9, can't play RW and seemingly can't play LW either now.

Limited AF.

Swiss_Red89

Hi Instagram story today is definitely a hint that he is not amongst the ones who wants out.

Bebestation

Doesn't matter when he's equally as shit on the left.
So that's got nothing to do with form or injuries.
He was always shit to you.

Then Sancho is a whole different level of Garbage because he hasn't even had a half a level of Rashford's PL performance during the first half start of covid season.

Anyway, I'm done here. I can see Rashford irritates some people's hormones.

justsomebloke

And why don't you stop wasting time by removing your rose-tinted specs and stop excusing him for a change? Rashford is behaving like he's among the 11 wanting to feck off right now while his ego has been so inflated by stuff that have nothing to do with his football. And if that's the case, then good riddance and he deserves to have no tears shed on him. People pay good hard-earned money to see footballers perform and are within their rights to demand better entertainment for the level of talent in each of them.
Sure. They're just not entitled to delusionally assume they can read Marcus Rashfords mind, and tell that he's performing worse on the pitch because he's engaging in charity work off it.

justsomebloke

You beat me to the lunch on this point.

Whether a footballer is “playing well” or is a factual statement. It might be true or it might be false in the case Rashford, but it is a statement that can be factually proven or disproven with evidence in the form of various stats used to evaluate the performances of footballers.
Don't be ridiculous. Whether someone is playing well or not is QUINTESSENTIALLY a matter of opinion. There are no metrics that answer that question straightforwardly.

Also, congratulations on missing the point, which was that there are some things anyone can opine freely about with exactly the same justification, some things that are matters of opinion but where there is a need to marshal arguments and some things that are pointless to have opinions about because you lack the knowledge necessary to make your opinion relevant. This was an example of the middle category, making the implicit point that you are perfectly justified to have an opinion about Rashford's performances, on the basis of having watched them. But any child can understand that's not the same thing as your opinion being a fact.

Bebestation

Sure. They're just not entitled to delusionally assume they can read Marcus Rashfords mind, and tell that he's performing worse on the pitch because he's engaging in charity work off it.
Like this is what I don't get. His charity work was done ages ago as far as I know. Has he been doing things recently? I've not heard anything as far as I know.

Seems like people took something he was doing last year and made up their mind that he is doing it everyday instead of training.

Status
Not open for further replies.