Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's very clear on the pitch he never liked Mason. Strong disagreements and clear display of selfishness against one another.

Seems like he confirmed with that post that it's not just on the pitch - they hate each other personally.

Hopefully he can put his head down and actually play decent football now without mason around

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Isn't he just saying he had a nice time on holiday with his girlfriend (who I think he just got back together with?) and his best mate? You can take it how you want really but if he's using his girl to have a dig at someone then it won't last long I wouldn't have thought. More likely he's trying to show her he cares about her.

Threesus

It's very clear on the pitch he never liked Mason. Strong disagreements and clear display of selfishness against one another.

Seems like he confirmed with that post that it's not just on the pitch - they hate each other personally.

Hopefully he can put his head down and actually play decent football now without mason around
Rashfords main problem is putting his head down and going vroom vroom.
I think hate is a strong word. Maybe their relationship existed only on a professional level and not on a personal one.

Threesus

Isn't he just saying he had a nice time on holiday with his girlfriend (who I think he just got back together with?) and his best mate? You can take it how you want really but if he's using his girl to have a dig at someone then it won't last long I wouldn't have thought. More likely he's trying to show her he cares about her.
Tbf, he has never posted pics of her on his social media before. The post could have been timed better, given the situation.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Tbf, he has never posted pics of her on his social media before. The post could have been timed better, given the situation.
I would assume he's also never broken up with her, then got back together and gone on a nice holiday with her. Probably not wise to post things that might be misinterpreted but I think it's just as likely a pretty innocent post as not.

SAF is the GOAT

I don't know if its him or his PR team but either way if they're not stupid and dumb they're definitely insensitive

EtH

Related or not, the timing of this post from Rashford is absolutely insane and of course everyone is making the connection and seeing it as a dig
Grown children. Feck off, football. I’ll be back when our players aren’t all asshats.

Red_toad

You may have that opinion. But I disagree and think you’re creating issues that were never there.

SirMonteyne

I suspected their relationship had been toxic after watching that Aston villa game, I really thought Rashford was the toxic one and thought Ronaldo's interview was aimed at him. Man, I'm always happy to be proven wrong.

MrEleson

The main thing I find weird is that he’s never posted about her before. Not for birthdays, pic of them chilling, not a peep. Then this Greenwood thing happens and he’s posted her for the first time ever a day later. Could very well just be a freak coincidence but it just seems odd.

Last edited:

united for life

can’t wait till the next game he plays for us to talk about his football rather than his instagram posts.

phelans shorts

The main thing I find weird is that he’s never posted about her before. Not for birthdays, pic of them chilling, not a peep. Then this Greenwood thing happens and he’s posted her for the first time ever a day later. Could very well just be a freak coincidence but it just seems odd.
They very recently got back together after splitting up. I wouldn’t read too much into him not mentioning her previously as their dynamic has likely shifted wildly

MrEleson

They very recently got back together after splitting up. I wouldn’t read too much into him not mentioning her previously as their dynamic has likely shifted wildly
That’s fair. Good point.

Wouldn't be surprised if she's made him post pictures of them together in the vain hope that he won't do the dirty on her again.
What did he do before?

MrEleson

Someone on postedon here after the Greenwood allegations that they split because she found him in bed with two other women. I have looked online just now and couldn't find anything about it anywhere so it could just be some random rumour (sorry Marcus).
Oh okay I see. Thanks!

KingCavani

It's so obviously a cynical attempt at PR. He's pretty shameless at this point.

Greenwood may be a monster but he was his teammate and colleague a few days ago. There's very real suffering that's been caused by this and our guy is using it for brownie points.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters

Greenwood may be a monster but he was his teammate and colleague a few days ago. There's very real suffering that's been caused by this and our guy is using it for brownie points.
No it isn't ffs. Get a grip.

romufc

I think alot of people actually forget the age of footballers.

Rashford is 24, when you look at a 24 year old, thats not that old.

Its a different generation now, social media and the like is on the rise, people need to stop getting frustrated at 24 year olds posting.

Ixion

If you don't want to see a 24 year old posting pictures with his girlfriend then don't follow 24 year olds.

SuperiorXI

If you don't want to see a 24 year old posting pictures with his girlfriend then don't follow 24 year olds.
I'm sat here scratching my head at the outrage.

So let me get this straight, something bad happens (that has nothing to do with you) and that means that you now must refrain from posting expressing appreciation for your own girlfriend?

What a load of nonsense. People need to give their heads a wobble, big time.

PoTMS

I've given him a lot of shit over the last year but yesterday put into perspective how lucky we are to have Rashford. It's easy to forget football is just a game.

saivet

This is exactly how I saw it, it didn't even cross my mind that this was some sort of sly dig at Mason, which in my mind doesn't even make sense anyway.

Jacob

Never in a million years would I expect anything cynical from that social media post. Sometimes it feels like people are actively looking for drama.

spiriticon

If Rashford's teammate decides to do stupid things, it's really got nowt to do with him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm sat here scratching my head at the outrage.

So let me get this straight, something bad happens (that has nothing to do with you) and that means that you now must refrain from posting expressing appreciation for your own girlfriend?

What a load of nonsense. People need to give their heads a wobble, big time.
People just want to be mad about something.

Red_toad

People just want to be mad about something.
That’s a major issue in todays society. Hanging on social media looking at what to get enraged about and following feckin clowns. Pretty hard to go with the whole mad at a man who posts a picture of him with his girlfriend thing, it’s conspiracy central, as people think their opinion is exactly why it was posted.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Considering its his private account, he is free to post whatever he wants and the post in isolation is perfectly fine. Dont think it would have even get attention few weeks back. But right now it seems poorly timed.

SuperiorXI

Considering its his private account, he is free to post whatever he wants and the post in isolation is perfectly fine. Dont think it would have even get attention few weeks back. But right now it seems poorly timed.
Why? Should everyone put their lives on hold because of something bad happening?

Should they feck.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Even if it is deliberate, fair play to him. It’s clear some men need a lesson on how to treat women, I wouldn’t blame him if it was a dig.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Strange, as usually his social media game is on point.
”usually his social media game is on point.” - Tragic. He (or “his people”) spend way too much time on social media. He really should be focussing on getting back to being a good footballer.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
”usually his social media game is on point.” - Tragic. He (or “his people”) spend way too much time on social media. He really should be focussing on getting back to being a good footballer.
I’m not a massive fan of Rashford as a player. But in your first sentence you seem to have openly acknowledged that you know he may have no input in his social media posts. And then in your second sentence you’ve said he should be focusing on something you’ve no evidence he ISN’T focusing on. It’s an absolute non-sequitur.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
He roasted Greenwood. Why are some of you mad because of it?
I’m fairness I thought the same initially, but have changed my mind.There’s an argument which i think usurps him showing he’s capable of roasting someone. Thisnis not about Greenwood, it’s about the victim in all this. Does his post support the victim or simply roast Greenwood. If it’s the latter then perhaps it was unnecessary. I really feel that at this point any press/ social media releases by famous people close to the situation. should be made expressly to support the victim, not slam the aggressor.

Lynty

It's a obvious dig and I don't blame him. He can't exactly come out and say "Mason is scum and i've always disliked the little prick" - that'll all come out after invvestigations have concluded.

The two girls probably know each other quite well, living in the same area and social circles.

Chief123

I think a lot of the rage here aren’t aware of the context.

I doubt it is a post as a dig to Greenwood. If nothing had happened in relation to Greenwood, it would still be very likely Rashford would have posted this anyway.

We have to remember he’s been through a tough personal time as well. He’s just got back with his Mrs after 8 months seperated. He’s probably just sharing his renewed happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.