Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
No offence but do you have reading problems? I’ve said a few times that I’m not comparing them, I’ll leave that to you lot. I just said I don’t know why people need to exaggerate about one player to stick up for another. I never made any comparison between the 2 players.
:lol: Alright, so I went back and read your full exchange instead of where I picked it up. You’re right, you didn’t actually say anything, I just presumed due posts in other threads, so I’m sorry for that.

SirScholes

I have been seing this all over recently. The Martial cult is a weird one, apparently Martial came and changed the game against West Ham, some fans acting as if he produced one of the finest football displays.

I keep seing fans saying he is our best LW when he doesn't want to play there. All this nonsense that our best players are not getting a chance.

Apparently, Rashford, Bruno, Ronaldo, Greenwood, McFred are what they call "Kick and run" players.
Martial and rashford are exactly that
Useful for a team built to counter
Useless for a team wanting to dominate possession, both players want to come inside it’s beyond predictable
Both have a place in a squad, but it’s crazy how more balanced we seemed with a youth player in Elanga playing lw then these two.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I love our Rashy.

I can't wait to see my 2-year old nephew grow up to be in awe of him as a player and person in a couple of years.

Red Rash

After a day of bad news just want to take this opportunity to remember Rashford is a great role model at this club.

Sometimes we give him a rough time for his performances but he is a great guy and has done a lot of good.

Kaos

Cherish this lad, top bloke and true role model.
Not meaning to downplay his achievements off the pitch, but we can hardly make that assumption about him. Giggs was seen as the ideal role model within the footballing world for decades, only to have his reputation torn to shreds in a matter of a few years over the abhorrent allegations surrounding his personal life.

Smithy89

Not meaning to downplay his achievements off the pitch, but we can hardly make that assumption about him. Giggs was seen as the ideal role model within the footballing world for decades, only to have his reputation torn to shreds in a matter of a few years over the abhorrent allegations surrounding his personal life.

Why you gotta do this to me man, but it's a good point i also idolised Giggs. Just genuinely think Marcus is a good dude, his mother raised him well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Giggs was just lucky social media wasn't around back then IMO. He was a known party boy but times have changed.

Womp

idiot
I don't understand this approach. Do we just assume everyone is a cnut by default? We can only go off what we've seen, which is that he's an individual who is using his platform and resources to have a genuine positive influence on the World. He's a fecking top bloke until proven otherwise

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Honestly if some bad shit comes out about him that might be the final straw for me and United. With the ownership stuff, super league stuff, giggs, and Greenwood. Plus getting older and more jaded in general.

It's all on you Marcus! No pressure.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Honestly if some bad shit comes out about him that might be the final straw for me and United. With the ownership stuff, super league stuff, giggs, and Greenwood. Plus getting older and more jaded in general.

Don’t do it. We will be good at football again at some point. Don’t get into their personalities! Most of them are immature and out of touch.

Rashfords personality is mainly a PR construct, unfortunately.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Rashford is there feeding children at his age.

Top class person better than most people in the world - including me.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Don’t do it. We will be good at football again at some point. Don’t get into their personalities! Most of them are immature and out of touch.
It's not really the football side of things. Just hard to be as invested and connected to the club and what it's supposed to represent. Maybe I'm just being dramatic cause the niners lost too.

EtH

Rashford is there feeding children at his age.

Top class person better than most people in the world - including me.
After recent events I came in here to post something appreciative about the lad even though I find him rather phony as a footballer and a person.

But after reading this post…

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Cherish this lad, top bloke and true role model.
You won't like this but I have heard enough people who have actually met him saying that he's nowhere as good a guy as his PR suggests.

I guess you should just support the club and not idolize anyone....

Because you guys worship some of them so much more than they deserve(from a strictly sporting perspective there is so much better talent in Football) early on in their career they feel they can get away with anything.

More than off the field, Rashford will probably disappoint you on the field.

I can't wait to see my 2-year old nephew grow up to be in awe of him as a player and person in a couple of years.
Giving these "one of our own" players way too much credit before they actually achieve the biggest trophies is exactly why these players have such entitlement.

One would think you are talking about a truely world class player the way you are fanboying.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I guess you should just support the club and not idolize anyone....

Because you guys worship some of them so much more than they deserve(from a strictly sporting perspective there is so much better talent in Football) early on in their career they feel they can get away with anything.

More than off the field, Rashford will probably disappoint you on the field.
Thanks for the advice buddy but you need to work on your comprehension . I don't idolize any footballer and I've been plenty critical of Rashford the footballer. The point is more a personal one about my connection and relationship to Manchester united the football club. How that has changed as circumstances and my own view point on sports as a whole and football in particular has changed.

Glorio

I don't understand this approach. Do we just assume everyone is a cnut by default? We can only go off what we've seen, which is that he's an individual who is using his platform and resources to have a genuine positive influence on the World. He's a fecking top bloke until proven otherwise
Yup - Considering he's been a thorn in the side of many a political party (well one mostly), I suspect if there was sleaze on him, they would've dug it up

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He needs to work harder and improve his decision making. He has the makings of a very good forward but he isn't there right now - way too inconsistent and lazy for some reason. Hopefully he improves his form (there have been signs in the past few games) and maintains it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I understand in the sense by between being in awe of footballers and considering them as cnuts by default, there may be a middle ground where we could avoid being too attached to them. I think for younger fans, they need to be educated not to idolize the football players, to just consider them for what they are, players and that's it.

mctrials23

Idolising people who are known primarily for their ability to play a sport really well just boggles my mind. Its just a sad reflection of our society that the most well, known, influential and adored people are those who are not known for their humanitarian work or anything related to the betterment of humanity but for doing something that is ultimately meaningless to the average person all whilst making more money than the average person could dream of.

We don't appreciate scientists, doctors and climate researchers who get paid less a year than footballers get in a week. Oh no, lets idolise someone who kicks a football or prances around on tiktok doing stupid dances.

That being said, if it ever came out that Mata wasn't the second coming of Jesus I don't know what I would do. Lovely guy.

L1nk

Related or not, the timing of this post from Rashford is absolutely insane and of course everyone is making the connection and seeing it as a dig

mu4c_20le

Related or not, the timing of this post from Rashford is absolutely insane and of course everyone is making the connection and seeing it as a dig
My initial thought is he's happy to welcome Jesse back

Threesus

Exactly what I thought as well. Strange, as usually his social media game is on point.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Clear shots fired. Not a wise decision given the size and reach of his platform, but can't blame Rashford for being angry at him.
What will it achieve other than bringing more negativity to the club? He’s a colleague so phone him, mail him or go and see him face to face and tell him how you feel.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Comes across a bit r/imthemaincharacter

Status
Not open for further replies.