g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If he wanted to throw a clear and blatant shade at Greenwood, I don't think he would have done it this fast and he wouldn't have included his gf. I know I wouldn't. The whole thing is so fresh, unfollowing him sends a more than enough message.

Lynty

I think a lot of the rage here aren’t aware of the context.

I doubt it is a post as a dig to Greenwood. If nothing had happened in relation to Greenwood, it would still be very likely Rashford would have posted this anyway.

We have to remember he’s been through a tough personal time as well. He’s just got back with his Mrs after 8 months seperated. He’s probably just sharing his renewed happiness.
You're right. But given Rashford is obviously close to the turmoil in the squad at the moment and I imagine it's being discussed on group chats etc. he would have at least had a moment where he thought - "perhaps this post would be taken in the wrong way" yet he just thought f-it and uploaded anyway. Even if he didn't think this (unlikely) someone close to him would have messaged and asked if this was a dig - at that point he could have thought about it, but f-it it staying up.

So maybe the orginal intent wasn't to have a dig, but it definitley is one and he knows it.

And if it's not Rashford but a social media manager, they know full well what they're doing. Creating discussion, shares, relevance and it's worked.

Last edited:

TsuWave

Honestly if some bad shit comes out about him that might be the final straw for me and United. With the ownership stuff, super league stuff, giggs, and Greenwood. Plus getting older and more jaded in general.

It's all on you Marcus! No pressure.
You guys are such drama queens man. Giggs and Greenwood being dickheads being strikes against United is…come on man

AmanNits04

Man just posted pictures with his girlfriend and everyone is trying to psychoanalyse the post. Wth! If anything, the things that Rashford has done for the community and children makes him more of a man than a lot of footballers out there.

Reactions: jojojo

Posh Red

Man just posted pictures with his girlfriend and everyone is trying to psychoanalyse the post. Wth! If anything, the things that Rashford has done for the community and children makes him more of a man than a lot of footballers out there.
Yeah it seems really daft to me. He got back with his girlfriend (apparently took the breakup quite badly), and posted some pictures. Why does there have to be anymore to it than that? It seems like people looking for a problem to me.

Smithy89

It's probably not but i hope his recent social media post is a dig, love it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's so obviously a cynical attempt at PR. He's pretty shameless at this point.

Greenwood may be a monster but he was his teammate and colleague a few days ago. There's very real suffering that's been caused by this and our guy is using it for brownie points.
Yep.

Ixion

I actually think he'll perform better without #11 around. Don't know why, one of those predictions with nothing to back it up. His form has dipped as the other guy has played more.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He's just gotten back with his gf, and by all accounts he was in a bad place over the break up, he is blissed out and in love and wants to show it. That's it.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
This place. A very terrible thing has happened with another player and people go off criticizing Rashford for posting something entirely wholesome and good.

ShinjiNinja26

This place. A very terrible thing has happened with another player and people go off criticizing Rashford for posting something entirely wholesome and good.
The thing is though even if he was having a sly dig at Greenwood what’s the problem exactly? Why the feck are posters criticising him for it?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's an absolute joke. He'll get blame for Brexit, Trump and Covid soon.

People seem to really hate him. It's mental.

AmanNits04

Yeah it seems really daft to me. He got back with his girlfriend (apparently took the breakup quite badly), and posted some pictures. Why does there have to be anymore to it than that? It seems like people looking for a problem to me.
Exactly, it's like without the matches, we as fans are tend to overnalyse things because we can't analyse our performance on match days.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The thing is though even if he was having a sly dig at Greenwood what’s the problem exactly? Why the feck are posters criticising him for it?
Moaning for the sake of moaning. If he didn't post anything, you'd probably hear some say "why are our players so quiet??" It really is a talent to find ways to complain about anything

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
No it isn't. Go back to the newbie forum.
What the actual feck ?
I saw the tweet in question being discussed somewhere else, whether it being a dig or not. With the post I quoted also linking something Rashford has posted online that some people has seen as a dig, I though I'd share it. I agree that there is most likely nothing in it but don't understand why you get so up in arms about it. If it actually was a dig I'd give Rashford a ton of credit

Red00012

I saw the tweet in question being discussed somewhere else, whether it being a dig or not. With the post I quoted also linking something Rashford has posted online that some people has seen as a dig, I though I'd share it. I agree that there is most likely nothing in it but don't understand why you get so up in arms about it. If it actually was a dig I'd give Rashford a ton of credit
Tweet is from May 9th 2021 what the feck has it got to do with anything .

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
We could be making something out of nothing but it's a weird way to give praise. Especially as MG didn't actually "get" something per se but then again it seems too farfetched to be Rashford telling us to read between the lines.
Pretty much seems like he meant that MG deserves all the footballing records he gets. Weird way to phrase it indeed but this seems more like saying "he works hard, he's talented and deserves it" than any conspiracy theory.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
What exactly is the implication here? Rashford knew all this and hence the cryptic response?

I actually miss the time when the criticism on this thread was for Rashford's performance. Not saying I want that to continue but at least the criticism was valid in that case.
Tweet is from May 9th 2021 what the feck has it got to do with anything .
No implication in the sense that I think he should be expected to do anything about it if he knew or anything. That is not his duty at all.

But in my opinion, if this has been a recurring thing it isn't too far fetched to think Rashford and the other players around Greenwood knew something was up and maybe disliked him for it.

Anyway, bowing out. My initial post obviously didn't come across as intended

Dr. Dwayne

"Mase" is generally a diminutive and these forms of names tend to be used affectionately, which is why I don't think there's anything in it.

If he'd said "Mason Greenwood deserves everything he gets" then I might regard your interpretation more favourably.

Last edited:

Silverman

If he only just got back together with her then that could be the reason for his sad demeanour over the last while.
He's got his woman back which may mean we have the old Rashford back.

Dr. Dwayne

If he only just got back together with her then that could be the reason for his sad demeanour over the last while.
He's got his woman back which may mean we have the old Rashford back.
Yes I suspect he spent the last 8 months moping around listening to the following three songs:

Aerosmith - What it Takes
Conway Twitty - Hello Darlin'
Toni Braxton - Unbreak My Heart

That kind of stuff will drag a fella down deep.

Andre Kagawa

Yes I suspect he spent the last 8 months moping around listening to the following three songs:

Aerosmith - What it Takes
Conway Twitty - Hello Darlin'
Toni Braxton - Unbreak My Heart

That kind of stuff will drag a fella down deep.
Speaking from experience here, doc?

KennyBurner

He just loves a good PR. The timing says it all. Reminds me of those weird kids in high school that always wanted to be teachers pet.

KennyBurner

I think a lot of the rage here aren’t aware of the context.

I doubt it is a post as a dig to Greenwood. If nothing had happened in relation to Greenwood, it would still be very likely Rashford would have posted this anyway.

We have to remember he’s been through a tough personal time as well. He’s just got back with his Mrs after 8 months seperated. He’s probably just sharing his renewed happiness.
Highly doubt it. The timing is awful.

yipthatman

I miss the days of Marcus and Martial dualing it out for the most goals. That was awesome. Do you think he is fully fit now? Hopefully he gets a good run of games and some decent form now.

KennyBurner

Agree, there is a teacher's pet vibe about him.
It’s centering himself and attention seeking when he doesn’t need to. It’s like how he reacted to the Willy situation having to defend himself when he actually didn’t commit any crime. All he did was take a picture.

I need him to understand that he doesn’t have to look perfect to the public because we really don’t expect him to be and neither is he.

-Supreme-

Just had a quick browse on Rashfords instagram and he hasn’t posted a single photo with his girlfriend for the past 3 years or more as I couldn’t be bothered to go that far back.

Interesting timing to say the least.

OL29

I need him to understand that he doesn’t have to look perfect to the public because we really don’t expect him to be and neither is he.
To be honest, looking at this thread, and the reaction he gets to the most innocuous of actions, I think people do.

Frank Grimes

It’s centering himself and attention seeking when he doesn’t need to. It’s like how he reacted to the Willy situation having to defend himself when he actually didn’t commit any crime. All he did was take a picture.

Agree completely. Never should have apologised over that Wiley photo.

Threesus

Agree completely. Never should have apologised over that Wiley photo.
Then people would have said that he is condoning anti-semitism. And you know the right is chomping at anything to get back at him ever since he campaigned for and got funding for his work during lockdown.

I feel that the post could be timed better but his circumstances are a lot different that your average footballer.

RedDevil@84

Just had a quick browse on Rashfords instagram and he hasn’t posted a single photo with his girlfriend for the past 3 years or more as I couldn’t be bothered to go that far back.

Interesting timing to say the least.
Maybe he did it because people on the internet are quick to paint all youngsters with the same brush.

Frank Grimes

Then people would have said that he is condoning anti-semitism. And you know the right is chomping at anything to get back at him ever since he campaigned for and got funding for his work during lockdown.

I feel that the post could be timed better but his circumstances are a lot different that your average footballer.
Not sure what you mean here.

Status
Not open for further replies.