4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

Decent performance. Worked hard in attack and defence tonight. The end product was a bit off, but he's a much different player than the one from 6 weeks ago. Looks much more confident.

I've no doubt the agenda merchants will be around shortly to make up some shit about him playing poorly.
there are no agenda merchants mate. People have different views.

he played well in general today, better than previous performances.

Swiss_Red89

No chance, Rashford could shoot a child and we’d have people on here defending his lethality.
Hm he could also feed children during a pandemic and we'd have people on here telling him to concentrate on his football.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Thought he was good, some unlucky moments but very good movement. He has potential on the right.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was ok, but we should be demanding more from him. His game on the right wing is too predictable, too one footed. I don't understand why our system is so rigid, I wanted him and Sancho to interchange their positions.

Maureen-yo

Thought he was good, some unlucky moments but very good movement. He has potential on the right.
His movement is brilliant but so often overlooked especially by Maguire and McTominay, I don’t think they feel confident in finding the right pass..

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His movement is brilliant but so often overlooked especially by Maguire and McTominay, I don’t think they feel confident in finding the right pass..
Could well be, I struggle to dwell on negatives after that performance. There was so much good, finishing terrible.

James35

As frustrating and poor as Martial has ever been in my opinion. He is one of our academy boys though and does good stuff off the field but wow he is very far from being a top class player.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He seems to be regressing now, althought palying a RW was borderline awful decision. He should play form the left, up top or bench, unfortunately Sancho and Shaw are good on the left too and Sanch did score and we don't have depth...

The only way back for him is to forget what has been and come back stronger working hard, I mean running, fighitng fo th eball, pressing, at least then he gives us some value, otherwise I am notsure why we shouldn't play Elanga instead of him every single game with his workrate

Born2Lose

He's not good enough to be starting for a team that wants to win the PL. There's so much lacking in his game, it's amazing to think a player that's still so raw and unpolished has played over 40 games for England.

Once he loses his physicality and pace he's going to have very little to rely on apart from sycophancy.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

Just as its right if you are doing some horrible things off the pitch and appear to be a horrible human being you should be taken out of the side immediately.....doing wodnerful things off of the pitch, doesnt mean you should be put in the team.

Why are people praising Rashford here for working hard? Yes he actually tracked back and worked har defensively, should be the minimum, Giggs and Beckham did it week in week out for years. My only praise for him was that he made a few good runs that were ignored by the player on the ball....but a godo performance? He missed chances, create very little....it was basically an improvment from lazy, awful on the ball, bad body language and an awful touch.....to working hard.....it shows how far we have fallen that this performance is beign praised....or is that all part of the age of social media and doing good things off the pitch? Truth is he has been shite for ages and he wasnt far above that tonight, certainly not worthy of praise

Wing Attack Plan R

A better performance than we've seen of late, but his deficiencies just keep getting worse. Defenders are well aware now that Rashford can't dribble for shit and they know if they stand him up they have effectively stopped him. His movement is still good, he still has a powerful shot, but the build up play where we play to feet for him does not work, so either we play balls over the top, through balls, or he plays back to goal, or we put another player in that position.

flameinthesun

There are three certainties in life, death, taxes and that both Rashford and Martial can't play right wing.

Which makes paying £70+ mil on a right winger to then play him on the left wing even more hilarious.

Banana Republic

The first 35 or 40 minutes was more than a marked improvement.
For a change, he was really putting in an effort.
He looked a different player from the lazy, disinterested Rashford we’ve been watching for over a year or more
If only he hadn’t been in an offside position for his disallowed goal. It was a corker of a finish.
Still making some poor decisions though. Ignoring good overlaps or opportunities for a good pass and whacking the ball straight at a defender instead.
I still maintain, Rashford will never be more than an impact squad player though.

Devil may care

Had a good hour and looked for teammates more often than he usually does and was tracking back like he used to, should have scored though. Still, it's good to see some form returning.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I bet he had an argument with his girlfriend before the game.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Just use him.as an impact sub. He's only capable of 30 ,minutes of hard work for some reason.

Dante

Average bang
Played very differently today, particularly in the first hour. A lot more pressing than usual. And he was looking to set up his teammates more often too.

But in the last portion of the game, he reverted back to taking too many potshots and blind alley dribbles. I think it's a function of the team playing poorly. It makes Rashford feel like he has to do everything on his own.

I reckon an in-form target man brings the best out of Rashford. Whether that be (an inform) Ronaldo, Martial or Zlatan. Unfortunately, we don't have one at the moment.

CloneMC16

I thought he played decently tonight. Especially in the first half. It's the first time he's started in a long time that I haven't been pissed off with him. I think that was one of his better performances on the right as well. He does look to pass more on the right. Not as much cutting in and shooting. He did do that a couple times in the 2nd half, but nowhere near as much as he tries to do it on the left. He should have scored, though. Can't believe he didn't get that great chance at least on target.

Should not have been subbed.

RedCurry

What are you guys moaning about here? He had a pretty good game today. Constantly found the right pass in the right situation to release players on counter attack and made movements himself to get chances himself. I am fine with critiquing Rashford and of course he can go up another level but today was a good game from him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
What are you guys moaning about here? He had a pretty good game today. Constantly found the right pass in the right situation to release players on counter attack and made movements himself to get chances himself. I am fine with critiquing Rashford and of course he can go up another level but today was a good game from him.
The first time I am starting to think the caf is an unnecessary negative place. It wasnt flawless but that was definitely a good performance, come on.

Swiss_Red89

The first time I am starting to think the caf is an unnecessary negative place. It wasnt flawless but that was definitely a good performance, come on.
Yeah some in here really seem to have an irrational dislike for certain players.

I really thought this was one of his most mature performances from the right. He seems to figure it out a bit on how to play the position. But I still don't understand why he isn't more on the left when Sancho is playing. I mean they could at least switch wings every now and then. It's strange for me.

Ludens the Red

Loves a good PR.
He needs to have a word with whoever does his PR. He cannot possibly be this oblivious to it. What started off as a good thing has now become insulting, cringeworthy and embarrassing. Coupled with his pathetic performances and no fecks given body language on the pitch it won’t be long before the general good feelings towards him turn from a football perspective.
And whoever is running his Twitter must be some kind of myopic idiot because these daft, illogical and ill timed tweets are becoming a regular occurrence. Does no one at this club have any sort of awareness of anything ? Like ever? Even something as little as this is being run incompetently.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He needs to have a word with whoever does his PR. He cannot possibly be this oblivious to it. What started off as a good thing has now become insulting, cringeworthy and embarrassing. Coupled with his pathetic performances and no fecks given body language on the pitch it won’t be long before the general good feelings towards him turn from a football perspective.
And whoever is running his Twitter must be some kind of myopic idiot because these daft, illogical and ill timed tweets are becoming a regular occurrence. Does no one at this club have any sort of awareness of anything ? Like ever? Even something as little as this is being run incompetently.
Utter rubbish.

Rashford missed a penalty and it made him depressed during the England Euro Final.

He is talking to Elanga to provide him support.

TheReligion

Abusive
What a strange rant

Ludens the Red

What a strange rant
Valid criticism = rant . Is that the latest thing on the cafe?
Team mate sat next to team mate in dressing room, goes on social media to “post” tweet, telling the team mate sat right next to him to keep his head up. Is this meant to be normal?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Valid criticism = rant . Is that the latest thing on the cafe?
Team mate sat next to team mate in dressing room, goes on social media to “post” tweet, telling the team mate sat right next to him to keep his head up. Is this meant to be normal?
The tweet was sent after midnight. When Elanga was probably up kicking himself and probably but hopefully not looking at social media.

A message like that from Rashford in the midst of the shit Elanga would've been seeing actually would have been really nice.

You have an agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.