4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

Thats the kind of post I see and think why not just say that to Elanga in person or text him but then half the shit I see on social media I think that about so I'm probably just old

Ludens the Red

The tweet was sent after midnight. When Elanga was probably up kicking himself and probably but hopefully not looking at social media.

A message like that from Rashford in the midst of the shit Elanga would've been seeing actually would have been really nice.

You have an agenda.
Right…

TheReligion

Abusive
Valid criticism = rant . Is that the latest thing on the cafe?
Team mate sat next to team mate in dressing room, goes on social media to “post” tweet, telling the team mate sat right next to him to keep his head up. Is this meant to be normal?
No point trying to explain to you

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
His finishing was off but the runs and positioning were good, lots of effort, a decent performance and definate improvement

Ixion

Team mate sat next to team mate in dressing room, goes on social media to “post” tweet, telling the team mate sat right next to him to keep his head up. Is this meant to be normal?
You see people do that all the time, people will tag their husband/wife on something on FaceBook when they're litreally sat next to them in the living room. It's a weird world.

buckooo1978

felt he should have stayed on with Ronaldo off last night

we are going to need him to find his shooting boots

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
There was a Ronaldo shot where if he crossed it to Marcus was the same goal Rashford scored vs West ham.

Mike Smalling

Is it normal? Yes, in the sense that many people use social media in this way. Should it be? That's another question.

I would hope that the social media post is more for 'show' and that it was preceded by a direct message or a call, but who knows.

JoaquinJoaquin

I actually thought he played pretty well and didn't deserve to come off. Personally I would of took Ronaldo off, and put Rashford up front.

Doracle

Doesn’t Rashford posting that give a platform for all his followers (and others) to like, comment or re-tweet it? I’m sure he will also have spoken to him as well.

KennyBurner

Utter rubbish.

Rashford missed a penalty and it made him depressed during the England Euro Final.

He is talking to Elanga to provide him support.
He is literally there with him in the dressing room. Give him your support there. Why does he need to tweet it? He just loves attention man. He need to focus on football and cut the crap.

KennyBurner

The tweet was sent after midnight. When Elanga was probably up kicking himself and probably but hopefully not looking at social media.

A message like that from Rashford in the midst of the shit Elanga would've been seeing actually would have been really nice.

You have an agenda.
He doesn’t have his phone number that he can call or text? You can even direct message on Twitter.

It’s more annoying because Both players need to get their head up and focus.

Born2Lose

Rashford doesn't write his own tweets, I genuinely find it hard to believe anyone still thinks this is the case at this point.

Bobski

Wasn't great but still much better than Ronaldo, however RR only had the balls to sub Ronaldo once so...

captaincantona

You have an agenda.
Ah here...the only way to communicate is to tweet to the world? Like Jesse responding to his manager through the internet...it’s pretty fuking ridiculous at this stage. Elanga will deal with this the same way- regardless of whether he is tweeted or text messages or called or spoken to today in training. There are a
Million ways of showing support. The poster is just saying that the public facing nature of everything Rashford does is tiring. Rashford missed an open goal tonight...not his first since his return. Just shut up for a while.

I haven’t checked but if I start reading maguire or Bruno apologising you the fans again I’ll fuking cry. Just stop talking, knuckle down, do it on the pitch.

phelans shorts

He is literally there with him in the dressing room. Give him your support there. Why does he need to tweet it? He just loves attention man. He need to focus on football and cut the crap.
Why are you assuming he didn’t? Posting like that also allows fans the opportunity to echo the sentiment in some way, which could help Elanga to know that fans aren’t blaming him for the defeat.

It ain’t 1987 anymore, you might not like it but you have to go along with it

KennyBurner

Why are you assuming he didn’t? Posting like that also allows fans the opportunity to echo the sentiment in some way, which could help Elanga to know that fans aren’t blaming him for the defeat.

It ain’t 1987 anymore, you might not like it but you have to go along with it
I’m a big fan of players using social media. The issue is discernment and timing. Elanga missing the penalty is not a big deal. The game should never have even gone to extra time. The problem is him thinking he doesn’t need to also get his head up.

I don’t know maybe I’m just overreacting because seeing these guys tweet apologies after every failed game is a bit tiring. From Bruno’s long notes to Rashfords non ending PR campaign.

captaincantona

I’m a big fan of players using social media.
Why?

Phelans Shorts sayingnit aint 1987 anymore is just a bit simple. Like anyone who doesn’t appreciate players social media is not engaging with the whole social media generation or is somehow refusing to trade in their Atari.

it’s not the case at all.

arthurka

Rashford was miles better than Ronaldo.
Think that we would have won with Rashford on top instead of Ronaldo.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Think we need to just take a step back. Been a horrible week for the club and for everyone associated with it. Outside of some horrible finishing, thought everyone played quite well including Marcus. Some of these players have probably forgotten what it's like to have clear cut chances and how to score from them.

KennyBurner

Because that’s the world we live in now, the internet era(social media). Twitter is a place they can interact with fans. I’m American so it’s pretty normal for our athletes to use social media to meme or have fun. I see the same thing happening slowly with British athletes and sooner rather than later the full transition will take place. It’s better to embrace it now.

The problem is that the players have to be smarter with how they use it.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Thats the kind of post I see and think why not just say that to Elanga in person or text him but then half the shit I see on social media I think that about so I'm probably just old
Given everything that happened over the summer, I think Rashford or whoever manages his twitter had the right idea - show Elanga public support. I'm sure he said the same, if not more, in person. Why are we, as fans, looking to create problems out of nothing? It's a non-issue whatsoever.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I hate the social media generation. This can be a simple private text message between them.
But he has to post it so the world sees what kinda guy he is. Reminds me of people who donate to charity and then post it on social media.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Ah here...the only way to communicate is to tweet to the world? Like Jesse responding to his manager through the internet...it’s pretty fuking ridiculous at this stage. Elanga will deal with this the same way- regardless of whether he is tweeted or text messages or called or spoken to today in training. There are a
Million ways of showing support. The poster is just saying that the public facing nature of everything Rashford does is tiring. Rashford missed an open goal tonight...not his first since his return. Just shut up for a while.

I haven’t checked but if I start reading maguire or Bruno apologising you the fans again I’ll fuking cry. Just stop talking, knuckle down, do it on the pitch.
Did I say that?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
And what problem does he actually cause by putting in social media?

Why is it causing you such a problem?

Literally it's how people live on this generation and you are trying to make a problem out of one that doesn't exist.

sempleat

Supports
Leeds
Because that’s the world we live in now, the internet era(social media). Twitter is a place they can interact with fans. I’m American so it’s pretty normal for our athletes to use social media to meme or have fun. I see the same thing happening slowly with British athletes and sooner rather than later the full transition will take place. It’s better to embrace it now.

The problem is that the players have to be smarter with how they use it.
I would disagree a bit, I think British athletes used to use social media a lot *more* to meme and have fun. They used to have actual personalities on Twitter - Rooney's old tweets are a classic, for example.

But things have changed and now they are hyper professional (and hyper boring) on SM and use it to get across PR messages and build their brand. I think this is what some people are taking issue with, it just doesn't feel sincere anymore because it's not, you're seeing a manufactured product that isn't actually them. Probably better for their mental health but that's another discussion.

I do think these kind of tweets are a bit cringey but so many newer/younger fans consume football in this way and it really engages them, so I get why players do it at the same time.

Dante

Average bang

I thought this was quite interesting (it's for last season, so Martial is there but Ronaldo isn't).

Rashford pretty much spends more time sprinting at full pace than anyone in the PL. Goes some way to explain why he doesn't press very much - it's to conserve his energy in between bursts forward.

That's not to say it's right. I think Rangnick would ideally want Rashford to be in the same region of the graph as Salah. The Boro game might have been the beginnings of that, tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.