Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Involved in the goal. Unlucky to not get assist for the OG. Made our best chance of the 2nd half too with the quick feet and cut back.

People on here are brain dead. Bruno, Cavani and Ronaldo (when he came on) were all worse than Rashford today.
As soon as we drop points they immediately come to slate him regardless of how he plays. Seen plenty put he never has his head up yet he made two great chances today and as you said was involved in the goal. It’s genuinely getting pathetic at times on here.

-Supreme-

All he has in his mind is goals, shooting from impossible angle and with defenders in front of him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He needs to try harder. Wasnt terrible. But he just needs to win more 50/50s.

Having said that a huge problem is the striker position. Cavani and ronaldo are too old.

SonyaCross493

Same old Rashford. Shouldn't be starting games when him coming on as a substitute was working so well. Why change something which isn't broken?!

Keep Rashford as a substitute he's a good super substitute

Born2Lose

You know when the Rashford ass kissing crew say he was decent then he must have been bad.

Devil81

Absolutely mental he's only 24 years of age, his progression has nosedived like a man in his 30's.

The lad just doesn't look like he's enjoying football anymore.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You know when the Rashford ass kissing crew say he was decent then he must have been bad.
Cavani, Ronaldo and Bruno were woeful. Absolutely shocking. At least Rashford made chances for us which should have resulted in goals. The OG in particular was a legitimate goal.

Agendas everywhere on here.

Dan_F

Are the people saying Rashford’s performance was shit, the same as the people who are saying we played well?

His performance followed exactly the same trajectory as our performance overall. Decent in the first half, anonymous in the second. Still could have ended the game with two assists.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The attacking player most likely to score or create something. Did anyone else even work the keeper?

EDIT: Forgot about Cavani’s header.

Still though. Sancho played well but we’ll win feck all with Cavani and Ronaldo up front. They’re both showing their age at the same time. When did either of them last get off a decent shot at goal? 2021?

Greck

Cavani, Ronaldo and Bruno were woeful. Absolutely shocking. At least Rashford made chances for us which should have resulted in goals. The OG in particular was a legitimate goal.

they're getting slated in their respective threads. It's player performance not player performance comparison. Can't fault your spirit for defending the player but the whole "others were worse" rhetoric in these threads are pointless.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I'm seeing a lot of improvement honestly, the greediness or shoot on sight is gradually being eliminated and he looks like he is taking on board instructions to create high quality chances, not just sheeewwwt or head down and run into trouble.

If he becomes a proper team player he will be a formidable force.

SirScholes

I'm seeing a lot of improvement honestly, the greediness or shoot on sight is gradually being eliminated and he looks like he is taking on board instructions to create high quality chances, not just sheeewwwt or head down and run into trouble.

If he becomes a proper team player he will be a formidable force.
Agreed
Not a big fan of his in the past but there has been better team play recently, we took too long to get the ball to him at times

Ludens the Red

It’s like playing with a championship level player at the moment. It wouldn’t be so bad if he looked like he was running himself into the ground.

UncleBob

Nobody had more losses of possession in our team, Rashford with 9 and the closest United player is Pogba (5), fewest attempted passes (17) along with Cavani (17), fewest touches out of our attacking players (apart from Cavani, but he plays a vastly different role). If he'd played 20-30 mins, most of those numbers would make sense.

I suppose it's part of the highlights generation to believe he had a good performance, busy rewinding the chance he set up for Varane and ignoring the rest of the match.

Born2Lose

You're the one with the agenda. Apart from your own biases, there was no measure by which Rashford was better than Bruno tonight.

Here's something that should help. If you order it by rating you'll find Bruno near the top and Rashford near the bottom, maybe whoscored has an agenda too..

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...er-League-2021-2022-Burnley-Manchester-United

stevoc

He's looked better recently if still not great but I honestly don't see the value of playing Rashford and Sancho out of position on the opposite wing than they're used to.

If you have Cavani or Ronaldo up front surely instead of Rashford you want Sancho on the right whipping in crosses, because Dalot sure as shit can't cross.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So greedy. It's like he's forgotten that getting your head up and picking someone out is an option.

Marwood

So greedy. It's like he's forgotten that getting your head up and picking someone out is an option.
That's his problem. I've got so used to it now that him trying to repeatedly beat three players is becoming normal. Somebody needs to wake him up, remind him that's not how good footballers play the game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He just makes poor decisions. A few times a quick cross would have given us a chance but he chose to so a few step overs or whatever. He was positive and all that, but he just often makes poor choices. Sometimes, it will work as he does have quality. But he gets tunnel vision at the wrong times too often.

Womp

idiot
He was okay, he's playing somewhat better than he has been. Not too worried about him yet, think with proper coaching and guidance he will hopefully be okay. He is still only 24 and he's spent most of his development years kicking and chasing.

If not, then he will be a good option off the bench.

CloneMC16

In the last two games he's started, I think he's been alright. I usually hate him on the right, but being there stops him cutting in and shooting as much. This will help the team as a whole. If he passes more, we will be a better team. I don't agree with a lot of the comments. I would keep starting him on the right. He should have had two assists. Second half wasn't as good, but that was the same for the whole team.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Some decent crosses that led to the ball in the back of the net or close.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Just kind of saw the match while I was playing in a bar tonight. Rashford looked more lively than Ronaldo for example. Remember last year when I was slamming Rashford for being low work rate and overly predictable? Well adding Ronaldo was never going to be the answer. I saw this coming a mile off. It was actually just pure common sense. Yes! Let’s add another another low work rate finisher on giant wages to a front line currently lacking in all those attributes.

super

Last edited:

HailtotheKing

In the last two games he's started, I think he's been alright. I usually hate him on the right, but being there stops him cutting in and shooting as much. This will help the team as a whole. If he passes more, we will be a better team. I don't agree with a lot of the comments. I would keep starting him on the right. He should have had two assists. Second half wasn't as good, but that was the same for the whole team.
Yeah, I think that’s why Ralf has switched them. And Sancho is starting to really start playing now on the left. Vast improvement. Just hope the team doesn’t lose faith due to the lack of results. Very unlucky not to have beaten Burnley and Boro.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Usual posters will slat him but I thought he played fine today. Definitely an upturn in form. Played a good part in the goal. Workrate has improved massively and with a bit more luck could have had two assists.
Agreed, just more OTT reactions.

He did shoot twice when that was a very poor decision I must say. But just completely over the top reactions again on here.

CloneMC16

Yeah, I think that’s why Ralf has switched them. And Sancho is starting to really start playing now on the left. Vast improvement. Just hope the team doesn’t lose faith due to the lack of results. Very unlucky not to have beaten Burnley and Boro.
Yeah, definitely seems that way. Sancho will try and create on either side. Rashford cuts in way too much on the left. Keeping him on the right limits him from doing it as often. Should have beaten both for sure. It's disappointing not to win, but I'm pleased to see us creating more chances, and giving away a lot less at the back. There is definite improvement here.

Womp

idiot
Mr. Deputy Speaker cant concentrate on his football
What he does is and always will be more important than football, these comments are so fecking ridiculous to me. Stop feeding the hungry kids Marcus because some blokes want you to play better for the club they support so they can boast to their friends about how well their team is doing.

This is even under the assumption that his work off the field is impacting his ability to improve his game, which is nothing but a guess at best, you have no idea how he manages his time.

phelans shorts

Usual posters will slat him but I thought he played fine today. Definitely an upturn in form. Played a good part in the goal. Workrate has improved massively and with a bit more luck could have had two assists.
Yep, entirely with you. Played fine but not good. Tinted glasses are a powerful thing and lots of people hate Rashford for whatever ludicrous reason.

phelans shorts

Mr. Deputy Speaker cant concentrate on his football
So what you’re saying is this is Keir Starmer’s fault for not being good enough at his own job and needing covering?

Sack Starmer imo

What he does is and always will be more important than football, these comments are so fecking ridiculous to me. Stop feeding the hungry kids Marcus because some blokes want you to play better for the club they support so they can boast to their friends about how well their team is doing.

This is even under the assumption that his work off the field is impacting his ability to improve his game, which is nothing but a guess at best, you have no idea how he manages his time.
Absolutely, football is so minor in the grand scheme of things. Rashford will go down as a legend no matter how the football goes as long as there’s no horrific skeletons in his closet.

Banana Republic

I thought his camp said he hasn’t been much involved with the charity work this year and hardly at all since the season started?

Personally I don’t think he’s good enough, but I agree with others that there’s been a marked improvement in his attitude and effort in the last few games, particularly at the start of matches. Certainly trying to put the work rate in.
Early on, he’s chasing back and trying to put in tackles or blocks, but as he isn’t used to it, he’s looks frustrated when he gives away a foul or fails to stop the opponent, instead of just brushing it off and trying again the next time.
You can see that endeavour draining away after about 20 or 30 minutes or so, though.
In possession it’s the same old, same old, although he’s performing better than he was before Ralf came in.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Stop feeding the hungry kids Marcus because some blokes want you to play better for the club they support so they can boast to their friends about how well their team is doing.
Nobody was saying this. Don't get overly touchy about him. He has done a very good job outside of football no doubt but he is a footballer first and foremost and there needs to be balance between the two. The club pays him wages. He has responsibilities. As it is it looks like his mind isn't fully present and that needs to be fixed whether if it's related to his role outside of football or he simply has lost some motivation to play. Rashford is a good player and his recent performances are a shame to his own talent and nobody else's.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
:lol: it does feel like it nowadays with him.

He just shouldn't play on the right. I said during the match thread that we should move him to the left and Sancho right, but a poster rightly pointed out "why should we change something that is so effective on that side?".

He did opt for the pass more than the shot during the 2nd half, but he does have this habit of looking like hes taken a cracking shot, but more likely than not its directly or right next to the goalie. He's been most effective this season coming off the bench when the oppo's worn down; in fact 4 of his 5 goals have been from coming off. Maybe start Elanga more, then bring him on at 70 mark ?

King_Cantona07

Yesterday was playing with no right side, when he gets ball all he does is shoot into crowd or to GK from an impossible angle. Can he take a sec and think for a change?

Foxbatt

There was a moment in the first half when we had a counter. He could not bring down the ball well and when he got control, he stopped and passed it back to midfield. He does not get on his sprinting any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.