4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

He wasnt... shit. but he wasnt great either.
He should be doing much better.

You always hope his decision making would get better. But it always frustrates.

King_Cantona07

There was a moment in the first half when we had a counter. He could not bring down the ball well and when he got control, he stopped and passed it back to midfield. He does not get on his sprinting any more.
was it the pogba pass? pogba should have passed it to sancho who was in space and on right side to center it quickly, instead went to rashford who then delayed pass to center by cut back moves by the team opposition was in position to defend. These small things make a diff in games, unless its a robben type winger who can still shoot no matter how many times cut in its not a effective pass to wrong side playing wide forward. At the max rashford may get a shot into crowded players which then bounce back to dangerous positions for defence (where maguire is always slow to react)

Roux

Crazy how our quickest player slows our entire play down - why does he hesitate soo much when he's running towards goal? It's infuriating.

tomaldinho1

But it’s clearly wrong, he beat two players with a nice bit of play to put a great ball in for Varane.
If you look at the replay it was a tackle that rebounded the ball off Rashford i.e. he didn't actually dribble him clean so I don't think they give the first one, only the second take on.

King_Cantona07

If you look at the replay it was a tackle that rebounded the ball off Rashford i.e. he didn't actually dribble him clean so I don't think they give the first one, only the second take on.
yes he got luck with the ball there, he didnt trick the defence. Also something is wrong with him physically as he doesnt do basic things he used to do well before. Suspect is a case of physical decline coming in early, wise thing will be to ship him off reading the signs whilst stocks are high.

tomaldinho1

They ruined his development and thought him nothing. His play is almost a reflection of our play over the last 5 years, run and gun completely lacking in tactical play. People are in for a shock if it's ETH because I can't see him starting in a system like that.
I do still think at 24 he can improve and be the player we hoped he could be consistently, look at Mahrez as an older player than Rashford is now when he was at Leicester and how differently he plays now at City. It's just a shame to see his natural instinct hasn't changed since he broke through and his natural dynamism and pace already seem less electric than a couple of seasons ago (given he played injured/half fit so many times the last few years I guess we shouldn't be surprised)

Womp

idiot
Nobody was saying this. Don't get overly touchy about him. He has done a very good job outside of football no doubt but he is a footballer first and foremost and there needs to be balance between the two. The club pays him wages. He has responsibilities. As it is it looks like his mind isn't fully present and that needs to be fixed whether if it's related to his role outside of football or he simply has lost some motivation to play. Rashford is a good player and his recent performances are a shame to his own talent and nobody else's.
So you're making ridiculous statements basically on nothing but what you perceive. Once again, you have no idea how he manages his time. Being a footballer is his profession, he is doing his job to the required standard as if he wasn't, he would be punished by the club.

I agree his performances haven't been up to par and personally I think we potentially have a top player in there, but I just find all these comments about his stuff outside of football tedious when frankly no-one has any idea how he manages his responsibilities.

What he's doing is a testament to his character and is some much needed positivity around this club - which god knows needs it as of late. It's by no means an indicator of his professionalism.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So you're making ridiculous statements basically on nothing but what you perceive. Once again, you have no idea how he manages his time. Being a footballer is his profession, he is doing his job to the required standard as if he wasn't, he would be punished by the club.
You're also making statements based on what you perceive. You also have no idea how he manages his time or if it's true that he couldn't concentrate on his football or have a lack of motivation. Regardless of that though, it shows on the pitch. Lad probably has so many things in his mind.

marc1_007

He wasnt... shit. but he wasnt great either.
He should be doing much better.

You always hope his decision making would get better. But it always frustrates.
You can only afford one player like this in a successful team a player who always seems to make the wrong decisions.
Bruno shoots a lot but he is very creative, Ronaldo shoots a lot but he's Ronaldo, Rashford shoots a lot but he's not creative and whatever skill he tries does not work, so we have three players who can be described as selfish and If we have any aspirations of being successful, only one of these players can play and at a stretch maybe we can get away with two of these kinds of players but with three of them, we don't stand a chance. The funny thing is that before Greenwood's legal problems we were actually playing with four of these types of players and I know that Ragnick is a very technical type of Manager and should know better, which leads me to wonder that with Fletcher on the bench, is Ralf actually in control?

The Boro Game and the Burnley game showed a lot of improvements on the attacking side but the one glaring thing I keep seeing is players especially Rashford not squaring the ball in the box instead shooting from a very difficult angle This was the same with Greenwood and it has been happening all season and this can be the difference between winning and losing. All great teams score simple goals but with the players we have, they always seem to want to score only worldies and how much longer can Ralf keep playing all these same players because nothing is changing so surely they either start being more unselfish and making better decisions or we might have to make the decision to let them go elsewhere

Patchbeard

I do still think at 24 he can improve and be the player we hoped he could be consistently, look at Mahrez as an older player than Rashford is now when he was at Leicester and how differently he plays now at City. It's just a shame to see his natural instinct hasn't changed since he broke through and his natural dynamism and pace already seem less electric than a couple of seasons ago (given he played injured/half fit so many times the last few years I guess we shouldn't be surprised)
Mahrez was way more productive at Leicester than Rashford has ever been for us though. He was insanely good in the title winning season, had a drop in form the next season (as did their whole team), but then had another great season before City bought him. Rashford has had one consistently good season for us, but he's regressed since that and only seems dangerous as a super sub at the moment.

Telsim

Completely one-dimensional player that brings very little to the table. A shoot bot. And he isn't even that great at it. Just decent. The difference between him and Sancho is appalling. We should sell him in the summer, while we can still get something for him, and look for a replacement. And who knows, maybe he will find his mojo again elsewhere.

Foxbatt

You can only afford one player like this in a successful team a player who always seems to make the wrong decisions.
Bruno shoots a lot but he is very creative, Ronaldo shoots a lot but he's Ronaldo, Rashford shoots a lot but he's not creative and whatever skill he tries does not work, so we have three players who can be described as selfish and If we have any aspirations of being successful, only one of these players can play and at a stretch maybe we can get away with two of these kinds of players but with three of them, we don't stand a chance. The funny thing is that before Greenwood's legal problems we were actually playing with four of these types of players and I know that Ragnick is a very technical type of Manager and should know better, which leads me to wonder that with Fletcher on the bench, is Ralf actually in control?

The Boro Game and the Burnley game showed a lot of improvements on the attacking side but the one glaring thing I keep seeing is players especially Rashford not squaring the ball in the box instead shooting from a very difficult angle This was the same with Greenwood and it has been happening all season and this can be the difference between winning and losing. All great teams score simple goals but with the players we have, they always seem to want to score only worldies and how much longer can Ralf keep playing all these same players because nothing is changing so surely they either start being more unselfish and making better decisions or we might have to make the decision to let them go elsewhere
You need to add the two midfield players and one of them or both are not performing regularly. So we have 5 players who can be passengers?
As for the Fletcher business I have said it from day 1, why on Earth is he on the bench? Surely even Rene would have been much better if they want someone with experience of being under SAF

Lentwood

I'll say it again, the mistake we made with Rashford was not being realistic about his abilities from the beginning.

The lad that came through the Academy was a very raw winger/wide forward who was a proper athelete and had a belter of a shot. However, his all-round technical ability was never great, in terms of passing, first-touch or ball control.

What we convinced ourselves we had was an Mbappe, or even something like a Sancho, i.e. a technically very adept player who could play anywhere across the forward line.

Had Rashford received proper guidance from a young age, he could have become a Vardy-type forward. Direct, aggressive, lightning quick and a great finisher. Or, we could have had a "Kanchelskis" style winger, someone who gets his head down and sprints from the byline.

What we have currently got is a player who really doesn't play any position particularly well, but that's not to say still there isn't a player in there. For me, we just need to keep hammering hin to be as direct as possible, with and without the ball.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'll say it again, the mistake we made with Rashford was not being realistic about his abilities from the beginning.

The lad that came through the Academy was a very raw winger/wide forward who was a proper athelete and had a belter of a shot. However, his all-round technical ability was never great, in terms of passing, first-touch or ball control.

What we convinced ourselves we had was an Mbappe, or even something like a Sancho, i.e. a technically very adept player who could play anywhere across the forward line.

Had Rashford received proper guidance from a young age, he could have become a Vardy-type forward. Direct, aggressive, lightning quick and a great finisher. Or, we could have had a "Kanchelskis" style winger, someone who gets his head down and sprints from the byline.

What we have currently got is a player who really doesn't play any position particularly well, but that's not to say still there isn't a player in there. For me, we just need to keep hammering hin to be as direct as possible, with and without the ball.
I still think the pre- back injury Rashford is a very useful player that can be molded into more just because he was so explosive physically that he could afford to be just average technically and in tight spaces. But watching him now it's like he lost that last 20% of explosiveness, and is now not quite as feared by defenders. So he has to rely on average technicals and is closed down much more aggressively which hinders any sort of effectiveness he had.

It's sad because I don't see the situation improving, he's not going to all of the sudden level up his creativity or ability in tight spaces so he's reduced to a decently quick shoot-first inside forward. That's not really a player that has use as anything more than a good sub option for a team looking to contend.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The attacking player most likely to score or create something. Did anyone else even work the keeper?
Very much this. People focus on how wasteful he is whilst ignoring the fact we don’t even create those chances when he doesn’t play. We create shed tons more with him on the pitch. He was also consistently making great runs in behind which nobody could fecking find.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Very much this. People focus on how wasteful he is whilst ignoring the fact we don’t even create those chances when he doesn’t play. We create shed tons more with him on the pitch. He was also consistently making great runs in behind which nobody could fecking find.
No he makes the same run constantly, and is shooting at the keeper from absurd angles considered good now? We create shed tons more with Sancho and Pogba on the pitch, the creative influence doesn't come from Rashford generally unless he's receiving a long ball

Acole9

Outstanding
Did anyone notice when he put that shite attempt of a cross in, Burnley cleared and he threw a wobbly because no one got to it :lol:.

Greck

This only works if you count those impossible shots as chances. Partially hoping we get ETH so these overhyped players who only know hollywood passing and shooting can be forced to adapt to modern play or ride the bench. Where they need to adapt is realising there's such a thing as being too direct in high percentage chance creation systems. Ralf already indirectly spoke down on the shoot on sight style our players like to spam.

RashyGiggsy

So you are comparing him with Mane who most Liverpool fans think isn't the player he used to be and seem to be on way down and Son who is also another streaky player and Greenwood who had his own struggles not the best way to make your argument mate.
Is it a rule that to be a United fan that you must be a major pessimist?

Man Utd 1:1 Southampton

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Terrible as usual and brainless most of the time. Providing a square pass for an assist in 75+ minutes isn't the standard we should be setting. Would genuinely not be fussed if he packed up and moved tomorrow.

Telsim

Have to sell him as soon as possible while he can still fetch something. The assist was nice, good on him for that, but everything else was just... He is average at best and dreadful at worst. Just doesn't have the quality to be playing at this level.

binary bot
He's still at the point where you can get a decent fee off another club. That's the kind of brave decision that doesn't happen here.

lost7

Very disappointed by his lack of work rate. He's a big part of the reason they scored by not even bothering tracking back (at the start of the second half)

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just like Ronaldo - scores a goal or an assist but his 90min gameplay is not good enough.

King_Cantona07

worst player on the pitch even after considering the fact he got an assist, shows how bad he was overall in all other moments.

ElectroManiac

I'm tired of him leaving the fullbacks all wide open all the time. Southampton goal came because was just walking back and their lb was let free to do what he wants.

DomM

pretty useless really, keeps trying stupid crosses that never get past the first defender, shouldn't be starting.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Strolls around the pitch as if he’s the fecking Lord of Old Trafford. Bin him to the reserves for the rest of the season.

OT1214

Horrible second half. His indecisiveness around the box is unbelievable. Picks the wrong option more often than not.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He is rubbish and doesn't even try half the time. People are in denial like they were over Maguire,Mctominay,Pogba,Lingard,AWB. Get rid.

-Supreme-

There was a moment in the 2nd half when Pogba delivered a cross field ball and Rashford had plenty of space on the left side to create a good opportunity but decided to cut into the crowd on his right foot with one aim on his mind to shoot but failed miserably - very infuriating stuff

justboy68

He's still at the point where you can get a decent fee off another club. That's the kind of brave decision that doesn't happen here.
Yep. Someone like Chelsea or Leicester would manage to fleece someone for at least 30 million. We'll just let him slowly fade into obscurity and loan him out somewhere and pay his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.