4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

I don’t think his best was ever anything special and now he’s past his best.

That’s why I can’t be mad or disappointed with him. I never believed he was good enough to become the main man in the first place. Greenwood was, the bastard.
Agree, talented was good when he broke through but I never really bought into him and people forget for a long time nobody was sure if he was a winger or striker, he was frustrating, but the breakthrough, the PR and one good period under Ole and people bought into him.

He is a decent player playing awfully but he is limited, same goes for Maguire......several in this side who are very over rated and now being seen for what they are

The_Midfielder

He has been bad but I feel sorry for him... he is a good lad... was banging goals last season.. this season its not happening.. he has lost his touch .. his confidence.. his place in the team .. looks like a totally different player to what he was a couple of seasons ago.. he was not mbappe.. but he could score goals ..
He has scored a few goals similar to the one he miscontrolled today..
I would keep him .. let's see what he does next season

rbdoconnor

He's been having a downturn and a bad time after his injury. I would honestly give him some time off to just relax, it seems like mentally he's shot.

Needs time out of the spotlight. Pressure can get to anyone.

The_Midfielder

Agree, talented was good when he broke through but I never really bought into him and people forget for a long time nobody was sure if he was a winger or striker, he was frustrating, but the breakthrough, the PR and one good period under Ole and people bought into him.

He is a decent player playing awfully but he is limited, same goes for Maguire......several in this side who are very over rated and now being seen for what they are
He was overrated .. but he scored goals .. and right now he cannot even control a ball.
What is the manager doing to bring his confidence up..
How come he was playing good under Ole and all of a sudden he is bad now ..

The_Midfielder

Its just sad to watch him. Technically he's never been great but he used to be dynamic enough to make up for it.

Just compare this to his performance vs Liverpool in 2018.
Or 2016 when he shinned TAA to score the banger

The Purley King

He has been bad but I feel sorry for him... he is a good lad... was banging goals last season.. this season its not happening.. he has lost his touch .. his confidence.. his place in the team .. looks like a totally different player to what he was a couple of seasons ago.. he was not mbappe.. but he could score goals ..
He has scored a few goals similar to the one he miscontrolled today..
I would keep him .. let's see what he does next season
As I said a half decent player puts that 1 on 1 chance away but rashford spoons it off his foot and the chance is gone.
Not good enough full stop

Eddy_JukeZ

He's actually lost the ability to play football.

Everything he tries comes off terribly and amateurish.

I don't know what to make of him going forward.

RuudTom83

One plus is he doesn’t need to wonder why he doesn’t start for a United any more.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I swear I didn't see rashford string 5 passes together all game.

The Oracle

He showed tonight why he belongs on the bench, he offers nothing.

The through balls played to him were great opportunities and he did nothing with them.

I also counted at least two occasions where he did a good run past a player, and then passed the ball directly to a Liverpool player.

Pathetic performance from him.

Born2Lose

I don't think he's even premier league level at this point.
Is there a worst PL attacker than Rashford?
Just had a look at Whoscored and his average score in the PL this season of 6.39 puts him in the same bracket of players as a 35 year old Aaron Lennon, and Adam Idah from Norwich, a player I didn't even know existed.

Whoscored have constructed a player rankings league from these scores for players who've played seemingly over 400 minutes of football in the league. Rashford's currently ranked 272 out of 293.

In essence, we are giving a regular place in the starting eleven to a player in the worst 10% of the league. This really does make me wonder if there is pressure on Rangnick from the Glazers to play the "marketable" players which was something I suspected was done with Ole too.

I've had a look at Burnley and Norwich's whoscored's player rankings and Rashford wouldn't be in the top 11 players for either of those teams. With his score of 6.39 he'd be Norwich's 16th best player and Burnley's 19th best player.

studs

Quality control
MBE. Marcus bums everyone, take that how you please.

Darlington Padgett

Just had a look at Whoscored and his average score in the PL this season of 6.39 puts him in the same bracket of players as a 35 year old Aaron Lennon, and Adam Idah from Norwich, a player I didn't even know existed.

Whoscored have constructed a player rankings league from these scores for players who've played seemingly over 400 minutes of football in the league. Rashford's currently ranked 272 out of 293.

In essence, we are giving a regular place in the starting eleven to a player in the worst 10% of the league. This really does make me wonder if there is pressure on Rangnick from the Glazers to play the "marketable" players which was something I suspected was done with Ole too.

I've had a look at Burnley and Norwich's whoscored's player rankings and Rashford wouldn't be in the top 11 players for either of those teams. With his score of 6.39 he'd be Norwich's 16th best player and Burnley's 19th best player.
Let's be hones here, that 6.39 is really generous. He looks like he hates playing football, his body language is horrible.

AshRK

His downfall is really alarming. Yes he was never worldclass but he wasn't this bad. It's like he is replicating dele Alli

BelfastRed2021

Playing for UTD your hometown team coming through the academy earning buckets of cash and yet he has a face on him like a slapped ass game after game. Never seen as miserable a person as him. And he needs to buck his ideas up. He has the touch of a bull in a china shop counted four times he miss controlled the ball in good areas in the first half.

stw2022

Maybe he isn’t arrogant and lazy, maybe he’s just super concerned about how poorer households will pay their energy bills after the price increases and has diverted his attention to several new books on the subject and that’s why he looks like he isn’t arsed when he plays?

Nobody can deny the fan base at best excused, if not created, this nonsense for the longest time. Some still do.

JeffFromHK

He is another Fowler, Balotelli, Adriano, Oscar, Pato, and Martial. Promising at young age, peaked early, lacks the mentality to take a step further, and never play as good as he is expected to be in his prime.

I am all in for selling him this summer. The longer we keep him, the further his stock drops.

It is just impossible for him to turn around with the bad mentality he has

stw2022

He is another Fowler, Balotelli, Adriano, Oscar, Pato, and Martial. Promising at young age, peaked early, lacks the mentality to take a step further, and never play as good as he is expected to be in his prime.

I am all in for selling him this summer. The longer we keep him, the further his stock drops.

It is just impossible for him to turn around with the bad mentality he has
His piques were never that high. Early warning sign for me was how quickly those defending him had to resort to pretty obscure stat-padding to make their case.

Can’t be poor, 12% higher goal opportunities than average for a player outside of the top two in the months of October and February. Therefore anyone who disagrees this lad will be a worldie hates Sir Matt Busby…. Was pretty much how it went for the longest time with Rashford

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I would sell him if wasn’t already offloading 7-8 others

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Its just sad to watch him. Technically he's never been great but he used to be dynamic enough to make up for it.

Just compare this to his performance vs Liverpool in 2018.
He looks heavy, he has no burst at the start of his runs which is concerning and has been the case for almost a year.

Skills

Snitch
He looks heavy, he has no burst at the start of his runs which is concerning and has been the case for almost a year.
Certainly plays like it. What do you think it is? Has he bulked up incorrectly or do you think the injuries have killed his athleticism?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Certainly plays like it. What do you think it is? Has he bulked up incorrectly or do you think the injuries have killed his athleticism?
I have no idea, it could be anything from poor training methods, lingering injuries, definitive loss of agility/flexibility after his back injury. But things started to be bad around the time of that injury and I don't really have an idea about the recovery whether it is painless or without consequences. A quick look suggests that the return to elite sport is between 80% and 90% maybe he is in those percentages that won't comeback well.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
How are people still defending him, feeling bad for him or actually supporting him?

He single handedly killed every attacking spark we had.
His behaviour is infuriating.
And most importantly- he’s fecking shit.

Players like Berbatov were getting destroyed in this forum after performances where they provided key passes, assists and were actually useful.

Rashford is not fit to tie the shoelaces of many players who never got the support he gets.

Get rid.

led_scholes

It's also makes me wonder how people still say "if an offer comes of 50 million, we should sell".
The guy is among the highest earners in the world. He is underperforming for 18 months, and people still expect that someone will come with such a huge offer. Anything around 20 millions should be fair enough. I would accept even 10 millions. Waste of space and wages.

Devil81

It's also makes me wonder how people still say "if an offer comes of 50 million, we should sell".
The guy is among the highest earners in the world. He is underperforming for 18 months, and people still expect that someone will come with such a huge offer. Anything around 20 millions should be fair enough. I would accept even 10 millions. Waste of space and wages.
Spurs practically had to give Dele away, I think Rashford could end up in a similar situation. His wages are insane, he's going nowhere unless he goes for free as it stands.

Ten Hag will be challenged with making him a player again, I see no other alternative.

Kaushal

Forget about the ability for a second, If an academy player, our youth product, a local lad, the face of our club doesn’t give his everything on the pitch then what chances and what hope do we have of other players playing for this badge ? A severe chronic indictment of the mindset, the culture at Man Utd. It’s a failure from the top to the bottom.

Where has the pride gone ? Where has the love for the club and it’s fans gone ? Where has the honour and professionalism gone ? If it has come down to this and the selfishness and greed has kicked in to that level then it means the sentiment is gone from the players towards the club and it’s fans and so there should be no affiliation towards anyone. Whether it’s Rashford or any other player. No one should be immune and the club must be ruthless now.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I hope to god Bugs Bunny drags him down a golf hole in the summer

It's depressing watching him attempt to play football at the minute. It looks like nothing comes naturally to him at all.

Pirlo'sBeard

I think it's a combination of the stress fracture (one which RvP stated never fully goes away) and the focus away from football. He's not the same player.

Conor

We'll do well to recoup around 30M from a team like West Ham. He looks worse than Andros Townsend.
We don't need to recoup anything, he's an academy player. Sell him for whatever we can get and let him try and get back to where he once was somewhere else.

Roux

It's incredible how good he is at running into a group of opposition players, he's like a magnet for them - i've never seen anything like it.

You could put him on the moon and he'd struggle to find space.

Status
Not open for further replies.