Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
He looked gassed in the first half but you can't ask for much more than that in the second half. Fair play, I didn't think he had it in him to have a performance like that again.
Let's keep it up and go again next week

TOKUGAWA-X

Tonight we saw that hungry, passionate Rashford from many years ago.

It is a surprise and im happy for him, lets build on this Marcus.

united for life

He smiled, did anyone see that! Good game today. He showed the effort and was actually involved throughout. The goal is much needed, hope he can build on from here

Real Name

Yes, he scored and worked harder than usual, but please keep in mind that he is a player whose mentality is still very fragile and not worth to wear the shirt as it's too big possibility him becoming again a liability.

We have a golden chance to cash him and buy more suitable player into our team. He should still be sold. No more hoping, wishing and begging for great performances - he lacks consistency and is too focused on his PR-side. Not reliable.
Well. There's always one.

Is it to hard to simply write he had a good game?

I cant describe how happy I am for him. Was trying and trying everything in the 1st, was active but it didnt go of. After he scored (Rashford of all) he was absolutely electric and it was obvious he got the confidence back. Hopefully it means he's coming back to old. Looked like he really enjoyed it out there.

Herman Toothrot

Oh but some will try. Cretins will lay into Marcus then rush to defend the Shaws & Maguires.
I don't know why we need to be "calling" anyone out. It's been a shit show, there are a lot of talented players here and they'll get their chance. Let's support them all and how they might work in this new look side. Slag off performances, but stop this sinister, irrational hatred of individuals. We had everyone spitting venom at McTominay this past six months, more than that, he was totally dismissed as a player who could contribute to the side, he was excellent tonight.

Criticism, fine, ring blowing anger, no.

CloneMC16

Best he's played in over 18 months. Good stuff. He needs to keep running and playing like this.

Herman Toothrot

Well. There's always one.

Is it to hard to simply write he had a good game?

I cant describe how happy I am for him. Was trying and trying everything in the 1st, was active but it didnt go of. After he scored (Rashford of all) he was absolutely electric and it was obvious he got the confidence back. Hopefully it means he's coming back to old. Looked like he really enjoyed it out there.
You know this guy couldn't even point to Manchester on a map.

Trequarista10

Absolutely comes alive and transforms when he has space to run into. Not just in those moments, but it seems to give him more confidence during the game too.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That moment in the second half when he beat three Scousers and got a shot off, I honestly wondered if I'd see that Rashford again. Thank God I have.

Alemar

The match of different halves. I thought he deserved to be subbed at the interval. In the second half, however, he was excellent - not only his goal and second chance with a dribble, but also defensive efforts impressed.

Greck

Absolutely comes alive and transforms when he has space to run into. Not just in those moments, but it seems to give him more confidence during the game too.
Thought so too. He never actually stopped being deadly on the counter. His best performance this calendar year was as a sub scoring those breakaway goals. If I recall ironically the game when Ronaldo was subbed. He likes space but Ronaldo is definitely not the type of forward to pair with an inside forward.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Fingers crossed that this is the start of him kicking back into form. An in-form Rashford is such a huge weapon, it's just something we haven't seen in over two years other than the odd game here and there.

And as others have said, if Martial is getting back into form that should help Rashford a huge amount as Tony is great at combining with him.

RepardReece

First half wasn't great, but second half he really put the gas on and ran riot.

Needed to come off earlier however with TAA getting more space once he moved to the wing

Not taking it away from him tonight, miles better performance than we've seen of him recently

Valencia Shin Crosses

Fantastic game. I still think he’ll need to be rotated out against teams where we dominate the ball, but in any sort of counter attacking setup he should flourish if he can continue the good finishing.

Honestly just work that hard every time and he’ll get much more leeway from fans.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Much more like the old Rashford today. He's still got it in him, lets hope that gives him the confidence and desire to drive on.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Well done Marcus. Well pleased for him, hopefully he can kick on and prove people like me wrong.

Keep it up!

Irwin99

Big well done to him. Even when he wasted a few counter opportunities in the first half he still put in the expected workload which was good to see.

A good game even without the goal, which was well taken.

Doracle

Superb leading the line in the first half and outstanding playing off the left in the second. Great to see. Hope he can keep it going.

Zlatattack

Really pleased he scored! Hope he continues to do well. I love Marcus Rashford the man and used to love Marcus Rashford the player. Hopefully he can go on to be a top class pro again.

dan1509

I hate to do this....but he is being a tad overhyped in here once again following one decent performance.

He showed his limitations again in the first half where he was quite poor. Only came alive once the game became very open in the second half when Liverpool began pushing several players forward to try getting a goal back. I do give him credit for doing well today, but he is not the answer if we want to seriously challenge for titles in the future. In my opinion, he will continue to struggle against low block teams due to his poor dribbling, ball control and passing abilities. If he can prove me wrong and perform like this every match, then fair play to him.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
DOn't remember how many seasons ago I have seen him play like this. Still a lot of flaws in his game, but at least he looked like he cared. Will be a good squad player in the future, even though not entirely sure how his confidence would like a role from the bench. Or is it the best time to sell and fund Anthony transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.