g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bondsname

He needs space, a good atmosphere, and good vibes in the team to perform. Today he was brilliant.

I want to see him perform like this when the stakes are not as high and things haven’t been going his way for the first 20 minutes of a game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm so so happy for this guy. He's looked depressed on the pitch the past year but he needed that goal more than anyone. Worked hard and showed his quality. Hope he keeps it up. It'll help both him and Sancho having someone else there to compete with them.

Also... You can instantly see the chemistry between him and Martial. No Ronaldo, and he gives his best performance in a year. Not a coincidence.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Great to see him back to something resembling Marcus Rashford. I’m a massive fan of what he could be.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I'm so so happy for this guy. He's looked depressed on the pitch the past year but he needed that goal more than anyone. Worked hard and showed his quality. Hope he keeps it up. It'll help both him and Sancho having someone else there to compete with them.

Also... You can instantly see the chemistry between him and Martial. No Ronaldo, and he gives his best performance in a year. Not a coincidence.
I wonder when you have achieved what he has achieved, at some point is there a comedown?

van Nistelrooy

Positive performance in a big game. At least in the second half when he returned the left wing... his only position.

First decent output in at least 2 seasons though and apparently "Rashford is back". Hold your horses! Let's see how he gets on over the next few weeks before we overreact.

Quagmire Maguire

I hate to do this....but he is being a tad overhyped in here once again following one decent performance.

He showed his limitations again in the first half where he was quite poor. Only came alive once the game became very open in the second half when Liverpool began pushing several players forward to try getting a goal back. I do give him credit for doing well today, but he is not the answer if we want to seriously challenge for titles in the future. In my opinion, he will continue to struggle against low block teams due to his poor dribbling, ball control and passing abilities. If he can prove me wrong and perform like this every match, then fair play to him.
Spot on!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I hate to do this....but he is being a tad overhyped in here once again following one decent performance.

He showed his limitations again in the first half where he was quite poor. Only came alive once the game became very open in the second half when Liverpool began pushing several players forward to try getting a goal back. I do give him credit for doing well today, but he is not the answer if we want to seriously challenge for titles in the future. In my opinion, he will continue to struggle against low block teams due to his poor dribbling, ball control and passing abilities. If he can prove me wrong and perform like this every match, then fair play to him.
He played not in his favoured position first half. But he still did ok and caused Liverpool problems.

Thought he had a decent game and I think slowly he’ll regain form under Ten Hag

Dominos

It was Rashford's sort of game, absolute acres of space to run in behind, a good decision from ETH to keep him in the team.

The issue is he's not going to be getting this sort of space in large majority of games and needs to find a way to be effective no matter the game type.

Certainly a no-brainer that we need to keep him though given the lack of attacking options we have in the squad and homegrown rule limiting the number of foreign players we can have.

Luka Mora

He looked a good few inches offside but it was great to see him work hard and have the confidence on trying to take on his man, and finish so cooly after the amount of criticism and abuse he has received over the last 12 months and see how much it meant for him with his goal celebrations

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Yep. It was instantaneous how they clicked.

UnitedRepublic

Needs to pass the ball when his team mates are open he’s to selfish for his own good. He had a alright game nothing more nothing less.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'd written him off long ago to be honest, but after tonight I want to see what ETH can do with him.

Could be that he's been the victim of successive poor coaching combined with buying into his own hype.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Perhaps, just perhaps, he might take tonight's performance and realise he's still capable of turning up and still capable of happiness in a United shirt.

If he doesn't then let him go be useful somewhere else.

ddg01

I thought he was as awful first half and couldn’t understand why Elanga was taken off instead of him. That said he took his goal well and seemed to come alive after that. However, he’s got a massive way to go to start justifying that starting spot.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
To be honest, I had absolutely no faith, and was just praying for him to not shit himself with the finish and was in disbelief/joy when he didn't.

Bless him for that, and it's another pretty iconic United moment for him in an era when they've been few and far between all round.

lex talionis

What a goal it would have been had he converted on that last chance, beating three men on the dribble and then breaking out the hammer from distance.

SAF is the GOAT

Really genuine questions : Does he know other ways to strike the ball other than all nutmeg it all the time ?

In Rainbows

This performance reminded me of those performances where his general play wasn't good, but he got the goal to shut up the naysayers. I thought compared to Sancho and Elanga, his workrate wasn't good enough. On the ball he wasn't all that good either.

But he looked dangerous in 2-3 instances (the goal and a shot after the Varane lay off), which were obviously huge to the team's performance. If he can do things like that, at least he'll be better than he has been for the last 1.5 seasons.

Canucantona20

I think the reason why he is sulking (or was) on the pitch is that he knows his performances haven’t been good enough. He looked decent today though, but still is prone to brain dead moments.
Rashford takes too many risks in the general build up of play, he will try a nutmeg, flick or a trick that has a low percentage chance of working.

He needs to focus more on his first touch, passing/crossing, and his pressing. But I’m worried that he should already have developed those skills

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Well something has changed. He looked like a different player tonight compared to the last few seasons. I had written him off multiple times... Happy to be proved wrong. Let's hope he can build on the performance.

GreatDane

I'm wary of a new false dawn but he looked a lot better last night, looked determined and fired up. He's also a lot better when playing with Martial, they link up very well.
Great goal!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can't remember the last time he had a good game like this. He was full of running and endevour even if it didn't always work out. Good run and finish for the goal.

I'm still extremely wary of us renewing his contract as he has a long way to go to justify his current wages and we are masters of making stupid decisions.

But hope he keeps it up. He won't be up against Trent every week but will be good if he can get back to his previous best best.

Strelok

No Ronaldo, and he gives his best performance in a year. Not a coincidence.
Of course it's not.

Ronaldo doesn't run if the ball is not for him. And even if he does usually he just run straight into the box instead of drifting wide so there's simply no space or any opening for the winger to cut in. Plus he doesn't pass but always want to take the shot regardless of whatever position he's.

Then his terrible work rate and him demanding everyone doing the donkey works but him is not very helpful for the team spirit imo. Especially when his offensive contribution no longer could justify that. I play some football and we all really hate that kind of player. Unless they could pull some magic out of their arse on a regular basis we all want to punch these types.

ash_86

Not a secret, he plays well alongside Martial. The biggest challenge is keeping Martial fit

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
This was peak rashford. A threat with his pace and finishing. Like with Sancho and Martial, we are going to need consistency. Hope he can bag 15 goals in the league this year.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Could have had hattrick.
Finally a performance.
Bringing in Antony and Gapko will provide competition which might further boost him.
Let’s go!

Deery

Dreary
Was very good last night but I can’t help feel annoyed that he can put a shift in when he wants, where has the effort been for the last year or so?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Was very good last night but I can’t help feel annoyed that he can put a shift in when he wants, where has the effort been for the last year or so?
I personally don’t think he got with Rangnick and so didn’t try hard during those matches.

I felt that Rangnick used him as a RW when it’s clearly a position suited more for Sancho than Rashford (and why we bought him) - and it messed Rashford’s and Rangnick’s managerial get along.

Then add that Ronaldo centrally did crap all as well which is important in a press.

Threesus

Can guarantee that he drops a 2/10 performance at Southampton. The guy is suited for counter attack football, and we only had about 30% of the ball. Hope we don’t make the mistake of extending him.

That aside, I thought ten hag was supposed to be the Dutch guardiola. Yesterdays game was not that much different from any of the big games under ole. Are we sure he is an upgrade?

Deery

Dreary
I personally don’t think he got with Rangnick and so didn’t try hard during those matches.

I felt that Rangnick used him as a RW when it’s clearly a position suited more for Sancho than Rashford (and why we bought him) - and it messed Rashford’s and Rangnick’s managerial get along.

Then add that Ronaldo centrally did crap all as well which is important in a press.
If that were the case then it’s a down right disgrace, but I disagree with the Ronaldo bit Rashford showed energy but not necessarily very good in a press.

Skills

Snitch
I don't know what happened to him in the 2nd half.

In the first half, he looked so slow - he put in behind twice and he just wasn't quick enough. How he turned that around in the second is beyond me

Status
Not open for further replies.