6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

Excellent header and a good performance. I'm pleased he's coming back to his best.

OmarUnited4ever

current version of Rashford and last season version are 2 different players.

What a turnaround, long it may continue

James_42

One thing I dislike is when he is out wide and cuts in, he seems to rarely ever look for another player and tends to smash the ball not allowing another player to get onto the end of it.

Bert_

Very interesting interview post match with Sky.

Said he recognises he wasn’t mentally right last season due to off field issues and acknowledges he wasn’t feeling motivated.

Commented that’s the energy and vibe at the club has now totally changed and he’s feeling much better.

Quite refreshing to hear a pro athlete say that to be honest.
It was quite a refreshing interview. I can remember saying to friends on several occasions over the past year or so that he doesn't look himself and there could be something affecting him outside of football. We often forget that these players are young men and have the same mental struggles many of us have. Glad to hear he's in a better headspace now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Never imagined that Rashford would become an aerial threat. Liking this development.

Womp

idiot
Will only take one bad performance for the usual suspects to return, convincing us he's never been a good footballer

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Thundering header. He was a one-man attack today, the only one who could trouble WHU's defence. He's at a good place right now. The tactics help him play his natural game, he feels good, and his effort on the pitch has improved significantly.

CSMUFC90

I remember Rooney not being the best with his head early in his career then suddenly one year he was scoring them for fun with real conviction, pretty sure it was noted he had worked on it over the summer, wonder if Benny McCarthy has had the same effect on rashford and it’s something they’ve been working on! If so really adds another dimension to his game!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really good header, didn't think he had that in him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Will only take one bad performance for the usual suspects to return, convincing us he's never been a good footballer
As a major critic of his I also never said he was a bad player. Just greedy and low energy, bad body language and not good enough to be the main attacker in a team that wants to win the league. He looks a lot better this season but I stand by my statement that he’s not consistent enough to not have to work really hard off the ball. If he keeps working hard off the ball the goals will come and he’ll enable others to play better too.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's definitely our most dangerous player.

There's an expectation now that something will happen when he's got the ball at his feet and there's space in front of him.

caid

Wasn't even his best performance this season
First 60 mins was imo. Hasn't always been great at getting on the end of things and making runs to anticipate crosses and whatnot. Was yesterday. Good movement, good decision making. Lots of energy, lots of clever runs against a team sat pretty deep. Thought it was a convincing performance in a situation you might not always expect from him. Some of his finishing was wayward if i was going to be hyper critical.

CloneMC16

It was quite a refreshing interview. I can remember saying to friends on several occasions over the past year or so that he doesn't look himself and there could be something affecting him outside of football. We often forget that these players are young men and have the same mental struggles many of us have. Glad to hear he's in a better headspace now.
The discussion did come up after the Villa game in Jan. I remember there was a ball in the box that he didn't chase. He just turned away and started walking. He was brought off and the camera showed him on the bench looking almost out of it. A lot of people started to discuss if his mental health was okay after that. One of my friends went to that match and he said the crowd were giving Rashford a tonne of abuse.

I love to see Rashford play well and score. Seeing a player from the academy winning us games is amazing.

Milo2035

Can't find the article but I remember reading about Rashford raising the awareness on the link between header and dementia among football players.
Then on the anniversary of Nobby Stiles' death, he decided to head one of the most powerful headers in his career

MinGin

I remember Rooney not being the best with his head early in his career then suddenly one year he was scoring them for fun with real conviction, pretty sure it was noted he had worked on it over the summer, wonder if Benny McCarthy has had the same effect on rashford and it’s something they’ve been working on! If so really adds another dimension to his game!
The year that Rooney got his hair, he was so dangerous in header :lol:

Lost bear

The discussion did come up after the Villa game in Jan. I remember there was a ball in the box that he didn't chase. He just turned away and started walking. He was brought off and the camera showed him on the bench looking almost out of it. A lot of people started to discuss if his mental health was okay after that. One of my friends went to that match and he said the crowd were giving Rashford a tonne of abuse.

I love to see Rashford play well and score. Seeing a player from the academy winning us games is amazing.
Judging by his demeanour last season I think he may well have been clinically depressed. Great to see him playing well again and enjoying it too. Hope Martial is back soon- the both of them on form together would be sweet and dangerous.

lex talionis

Bullet header for the match winner. Was solid otherwise, but there is still room for more improvement.

Tee27

Not sure if it has been mentioned but even the chance from Dalots cross prior to the goal, the way he met the ball with his head was not something you’d usually see.

Definitely has been working on his heading and it’s great to see. Especially after the abuse he’s endured over the last year or 2 it’s good he’s finally playing well again and hopefully can continue and improve.

NK86

He needs some rest though. Was visibly dead on his feet the last 15 mins.

Played well, and that bullet header was absolutely amazing.

RedDevilQuebecois

Never imagined that Rashford would become an aerial threat. Liking this development.
I think it's not a coincidence when we still remember that last-minute miss against Newcastle and mostly agreed that heading ability was below average. The fact that he scored his last 2 goals with such powerful headers tells me that he received serious coaching for that part alone after the Newcastle game and is now reaping the rewards. Really good development indeed.

croadyman

I think it's not a coincidence when we still remember that last-minute miss against Newcastle and mostly agreed that heading ability was below average. The fact that he scored his last 2 goals with such powerful headers tells me that he received serious coaching for that part alone after the Newcastle game and is now reaping the rewards. Really good development indeed.
Yeah so wish he had this heading coaching before that Newcastle game because was such a frustrating 2 points dropped

JeffFromHK

fun fact, before 2 header goals this week, Rashford hadn't scored a header for 2 years and 10 months.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought he had a good first half but like the rest of the team faded and began to frustrate in the second half. Fantastic header, nice to finally see him adding heading to his game.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Been good watching him lately. His confidence is up, and he's running at people.

Of course his heading has also been a great plus. Always thought he had the physique to be a good header of the ball.

Looking like our best goal threat at the moment.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’m glad he shut up his haters.

The hate he was getting was OTT.

Deserves a sorry.

Sell him my arse.

The only player other teams would be interested in - that’s why he would go.

Golden Nugget

One thing I dislike is when he is out wide and cuts in, he seems to rarely ever look for another player and tends to smash the ball not allowing another player to get onto the end of it.
Yeah I think it’s one thing he needs to work on, if he was to stay as a LW. There’s times where I don’t know if it’s a poor shot, or an overpowered cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.