6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FerociousCorgis

still cant decide whether he is better up top or out left. Feel like out left his overall contribution can be incredibly lacking, and ends up just being whether he will pop up with a solo goal. He is pretty much the antithesis to antony on the other side. Workrate out wide on rash's side can be incredibly lacking, not sure if that is on rash or what EtH is instructing him to do. Still cant help but think him at CF running in behind would be a better option than being out wide.

Posh Red

still cant decide whether he is better up top or out left. Feel like out left his overall contribution can be incredibly lacking, and ends up just being whether he will pop up with a solo goal. He is pretty much the antithesis to antony on the other side. Workrate out wide on rash's side can be incredibly lacking, not sure if that is on rash or what EtH is instructing him to do. Still cant help but think him at CF running in behind would be a better option than being out wide.
Interestingly I feel the same way when I watch Mbappe. I think it generally depends on the makeup of the team as a whole.

Idxomer

He has been better up top this season, especially after the World Cup.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He's not great with his back to goal. We need him out on the left, where he can utilise dribbling ability as well as his pace.

Playing him CF is only effective if the opposition is playing a high defensive line all game.

FerociousCorgis

Interestingly I feel the same way when I watch Mbappe. I think it generally depends on the makeup of the team as a whole.
yeah will be interesting to see how EtH feels about him. If he thinks rash is more a CF, perhaps we bring in a slightly lesser cost CF than that Kane bracket, and roll with him and rash up options up top. Then we just add a different winger to roll out wide in the spots with garnacho, antony, amad, and sancho. Could be a strategy.

FerociousCorgis

He's not great with his back to goal. We need him out on the left, where he can utilise dribbling ability as well as his pace.

Playing him CF is only effective if the opposition is playing a high defensive line all game.
does he really have that great a dribbling ability though? Feel like i hardly see him with great dribbles, especially in tight spaces. But idk feel like most of his highlights are just a quick cut in and blasting his shot.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
does he really have that great a dribbling ability though? Feel like i hardly see him with great dribbles, especially in tight spaces. But idk feel like most of his highlights are just a quick cut in and blasting his shot.
That reflects my own thinking. Instead of dribbling he tries to steam roll his way through 2 or 3 players. Sometimes it pays off and it gives him a chance at scoring but more often than not the opposition players come away with the ball.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I think that's a little bit harsh. His scored a fine solo goal in the Carabou Cup this season where he dribbled from his own half. I've been impressed with his dribbling ability for years (last season's loss of confidence aside), even going back to when Ole first took over. I was at a game vs Bournemouth a few years ago where he nutmugged Ake and dribbled past another defender to set up a Pogba goal. It really got the crowd off their feet.

I think his dribbling ability often gets downplayed because he's so fast and he likes a shot, people focus on those moments instead as they are more memorable than when he dribbles past someone.

FerociousCorgis

I think that's a little bit harsh. His scored a fine solo goal in the Carabou Cup this season where he dribbled from his own half. I've been impressed with his dribbling ability for years (last season's loss of confidence aside), even going back to when Ole first took over. I was at a game vs Bournemouth a few years ago where he nutmugged Ake and dribbled past another defender to set up a Pogba goal. It really got the crowd off their feet.

I think his dribbling ability often gets downplayed because he's so fast and he likes a shot, people focus on those moments instead as they are more memorable than when he dribbles past someone.
Feel like he can be just very inconsistent, makes it hard to know where 100 percent his best spot is. I could see the idea between having a 50 millionish type CF brought in that can be rotated at times with rash up top, vs going all out for 100 plus for a kane type where rashford will 100 percent be on the LW at all times. Just dont know. Will be interested to see the strategy/thinking from EtH.

Witchking

He has had a good scoring season. His best. But i feel he needs to be more pro active in tracking back and also make the right decisions around the box. He can possibly do even better next season as i trust ETH to get the most out of him and him to pick up and do even better from this season. He probably plays his best on the left.

Posh Red

He is more of a trickster than a great dribbler. His close control is good but not great, in my opinion.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He is more of a trickster than a great dribbler. His close control is good but not great, in my opinion.
Considering how he carries the ball at full speed, I wouldn't say he's a great dribbler, but it also depends what you mean by it. Dribbling as in exactly that, being able to hold on to the ball while running at full speed, or, dribbling in terms of trickery like the classic Brazilian dribblers. Rashford's very good 1-on-1 because of the combination of his speed and power and decent close control at full speed. He's got some tricks up his sleeve too which makes him very challenging to defend against. It's not a coincidence that when he plays as a striker we don't get to see the best part of his game, which is attacking the defender 1-on-1. When he's on the left he gets to gather the pace and attack the RB at full speed. Those are genuinely off-your-seats moments even though maybe 50% of those amount to nothing. But he's also recentless and doesn't let that affect his confidence.

I think there's a lot of similarities between Rashford and Garnacho. Both are a menace who will come at you for 90 minutes. Neither have great close control but have a big enough skillset to take you on with some kind of versatility in what they do.

Kingdingaling

He is definitely dangerous when running at defenders, wether that constitutes dribbling ability seems like semantics to me.

FerociousCorgis

him not playing bruno in for a clear and easy breakaway in that first half was fecking criminal. Wasteful as hell today

Lecland07

He needs more options. A non-existent striker and an average right winger is just not enough.

-Supreme-

him not playing bruno in for a clear and easy breakaway in that first half was fecking criminal. Wasteful as hell today
Sadly that is a typical of Rashford, he is better off getting at the end of those chances rather than finding his team mates.

UnitedRepublic

He needs more options. A non-existent striker and an average right winger is just not enough.
More like he needs to look for the options more than that he needs more options he will never supply our new striker with anything Rashford is Rashford his goals this season has clouded people regarding his deficiancies.

ddg01

He wastes so many great opportunities. I really hope we only offer him squad wages, if we’re serious about competing for the proper trophies we need to upgrade him (and many others).

flappyjay

We need a kane type striker because someone like Osimhen will not get anything from Antony and Rashford.

NZT-One

His great scoring form masked a return to prev. season Rashford. He doesn't seem to be thinking in game, head down dribbling into 2 defenders, shooting from 30m out. His skillset is great but it requires the team to play in a certain way....

Lecland07

Rashford never looks for his teammates it does not matter who the player is.
More like he needs to look for the options more than that he needs more options he will never supply our new striker with anything Rashford is Rashford his goals this season has clouded people regarding his deficiancies.
Both of those are nonsense. He always looks to pass, but Martial (injured most of time) is noted for his terrible positioning; he never makes himself available for a pass in the box or from balls across goal. It just isn't an option with him. Weghorst? No point of passing to someone who will never score.

Antony - doesn't really make runs to the backpost. Doesn't really position well for balls across goal. Doesn't do much in general.

The options in the box aren't there, so that is why he doesn't pass all that much.

Wheato

He's currently got about 45min's in the tank. Dunno if he is playing injured or just shattered.

klayton88

He's currently got about 45min's in the tank. Dunno if he is playing injured or just shattered.
Can we stop defending him with injuries/fitness. He's largely shit but for a few purple patches. Always seems to take the wrong option. That won't be coached out of him at this stage. He's not world class and never will be.

Maureen-yo

Rashford never looks for his teammates it does not matter who the player is.
Whos he supposed to be passing to?
Martial - unfit and drops deep, positioning in the box is infamously poor.
Weghorst - enough said?
Antony - doesn’t make runs to back post, ball watches when he’s not involved in the build up play.
He links up really well with fernandes and eriksen, needs better options up front. The club have known this for years.

Glorio

Both of those are nonsense. He always looks to pass, but Martial (injured most of time) is noted for his terrible positioning; he never makes himself available for a pass in the box or from balls across goal. It just isn't an option with him. Weghorst? No point of passing to someone who will never score.

Antony - doesn't really make runs to the backpost. Doesn't really position well for balls across goal. Doesn't do much in general.

The options in the box aren't there, so that is why he doesn't pass all that much.
Excuses - he ignored Bruno and/or Martial on more than one occasion where he was at a hopeless angle

UnitedRepublic

Come on guys even my wife who barely knows anything about football keeps on saying he’s selfish and always try do things by himself he never looks for the pass if he can go to the byline instead of passing he’ll do that instead.

Sylar

Was dangerous first half but elements of him being greedy and moaning crept in. Was looking for the easy way out especially second half

flappyjay

Whos he supposed to be passing to?
Martial - unfit and drops deep, positioning in the box is infamously poor.
Weghorst - enough said?
Antony - doesn’t make runs to back post, ball watches when he’s not involved in the build up play.
He links up really well with fernandes and eriksen, needs better options up front. The club have known this for years.
Go look back at tonight's highlights or any other match you will see teammates he could be passing to. He passes only when he can't get off a shot not when he thinks someone else is better placed to score. He does not link up well with fernandez and Eriksen it's a one way relationship. He is the reason why I would rather have kane than Osimhen. We have one winger who wants do it by himself and another who can't do anything at all. With kane at least he is a striker who can create goals for Rashford.

Status
Not open for further replies.