View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

tothetop96

Reaction here is honestly hilarious. The hatred people have for him is insane. He was our top rated player for this match on opta, whoscored and sofa-score. He kept things simple, kept the ball, laid it off to others, pressed the keeper into a mistake and got a fantastic finish for our goal. Why don't you all just say you despise him and don't care how he actually plays

cletus7

Reaction here is honestly hilarious. The hatred people have for him is insane. He was our top rated player for this match on opta, whoscored and sofa-score. He kept things simple, kept the ball, laid it off to others, pressed the keeper into a mistake and got a fantastic finish for our goal. Why don't you all just say you despise him and don't care how he actually plays
Is that based on scoring a goal? If he didn’t score there’d be no masking the shocker he had. Body language is foul and effort is beyond poor. Shouldn’t be allowed game after game.

kundalini

Good finish for his goal from Garnacho's pass and that was about it. It's as though he has decided that playing as the central striker isn't for him. That back heel was a strange idea and there was an attempted pass to Garnacho in the first half that was hopeless.

Irwin99

Great goal, didn't really get in the game much otherwise and that back heel attempt was almost hilariously bad (Eriksen's reaction said it all).

Even if his overall game wasn't great it's one goal and an assist in his last two games. Better!

clarkydaz

Good finish for his goal from Garnacho's pass and that was about it. It's as though he has decided that playing as the central striker isn't for him. That back heel was a strange idea and there was an attempted pass to Garnacho in the first half that was hopeless.
forgot about that :lol:

Idxomer

You can't have a forward who refuses to engage in any physical duel above the waist level.

KjaAnd

It’s quite simple really. He possesses none of the qualities needed to be a striker but he can be very effective as LW because he has room to operate in and can run at his man. Also, he’s the only player in the team capable of beating his man. So, what does EtH do? He plays him as striker for the umpteenth time…

MrBest

I'd take 50m for him if psg want after selling mbappe. He signifies everything that is wrong with this club.

A talented boy who broke the scenes, mismanaged with high expectations. Fast forward 300 odd appearances, one of the senior guys on one of the premier leagues highest wages and looks like he's worth 1% of that. He scored a burst of goals last season but other than that, in 3 years has done nothing but bring false hope to people like me, who have tried to see the potential. Its just too late with him, we forgot to teach him how to make decisions on the pitch.

Vidooq

Its a match we lost. I guess people dont like him because he doesn't put the effort in, ducks from headers, pulls out from 50/50's, body language all wrong, doesnt track back, and this has been going on for half a season now. And he should be our club icon.

It’s quite simple really. He possesses none of the qualities needed to be a striker but he can be very effective as LW because he has room to operate in and can run at his man. Also, he’s the only player in the team capable of beating his man. So, what does EtH do? He plays him as striker for the umpteenth time…
He can, only if the opponent plays with high line, like Villa did, which makes him super one dimensional, but highly effective. When he is playing against low block, he is atrocious. Cant pass on time, cant dribble, picks bad shooting angles, goes for power when he has to for placement, runs the ball out of play.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
At least he continued working a bit harder defensively in this match than he normally does. Was actually pressing, and a few times raced back to help win the ball. So at least it was an improvement over how he's been most of the season, even if his quality on the ball was poor (bar the goal of course which was well taken).

United888

For a striker, which where he played today. I thought he did well. He was the best of a bad bunch.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
For a striker, which where he played today. I thought he did well. He was the best of a bad bunch.
The difference was he at least tried.

Which makes me hate his guts even more for not giving a feck all these times

He's supposed to be a local lad yet he's playing like some mercenaries. Hell mercenaries have more fight in them than this lazy Marcus.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Don't think this is one of his poor performance at all. He scored a goal, and did put up some effort in defending/pressing. Also cause some trouble in opponents box.

United888

The difference was he at least tried.

Which makes me hate his guts even more for not giving a feck all these times

He's supposed to be a local lad yet he's playing like some mercenaries. Hell mercenaries have more fight in them than this lazy Marcus.
I’m also disappointed in his inconsistency work ethic. Never mind about performance, the minimum thing is that every players should work hard during the match whether you are performing or not.

Oscar Bonavena

Loathe as I am to defend ETH but Hojlund and Martial were both out, who would you have played up front?

People might say "try McTominay up front" but if he tries that and it backfires, he's made to look ridiculous.

Our striker options are pitiful.

KjaAnd

Loathe as I am to defend ETH but Hojlund and Martial were both out, who would you have played up front?

People might say "try McTominay up front" but if he tries that and it backfires, he's made to look ridiculous.

Our striker options are pitiful.
McT, Bruno as a false 9 or Garnacho.

Rashford is the only player who can consistently beat his man from wide (when he’s on his game). It’s imperative to play him in the only position where he can be a threat.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I’m also disappointed in his inconsistency work ethic. Never mind about performance, the minimum thing is that every players should work hard during the match whether you are performing or not.
I would say that the vast majority would agree with this.
To me, he is playing like his mind is elsewhere.
Where, I have no idea. But his concentration is definitely not there.
Nore is his commitment. Very sad to see.

El Jefe

He’s played as a striker on and off for nearly 8 years and has barely improved any part of his game playing up top. He’s a brainless player.

I understand LW is his favoured position but with his build and experience there’s no reason he shouldn’t be more effective than he has been up front.

Andersons Dietician

McT, Bruno as a false 9 or Garnacho.

Rashford is the only player who can consistently beat his man from wide (when he’s on his game). It’s imperative to play him in the only position where he can be a threat.
Not like for the last 2 months we’ve watched Garnacho rip people apart and dance past them like there was nobody there on the LW with him.

kingEric68

I was at OT when he broke through on that European night. Amazing and worked tirelessly, chasing every ball. He’s been mismanaged - he’s not the sharpest tool in the box and now has a ridiculous amount of money. He let’s himself be photographed on a night out after we lose, he dresses like he’s a New York rapper and worst of all he can’t be arsed to run and play for the team. Who advises the lad, because he constantly re affirms he has zero affinity with Manchester United. He needs a massive can of whoop ass opening otherwise he’s heading the same way Jessie went. Massive shame, but it’s United fault here - protect your asset FFS otherwise this will continue

Dorris

People underestimate how important it is for a forward to engage in physical duels, challenge for 50/50s and generally put themselves about. It’s an enormous part of retaining possession and sustaining attacks/initiating counters. You never see any of City’s or Liverpool’s front line shirk any of those responsibilities. To be good enough to sack that off you need to be Mbappe levels and he’s nowhere near that. He has to be sold this summer (if there’s any takers).

edgecutter

350k a week, and this is what we get nearly every match he plays. We need to try and get rid, but those wages means he will be here until he's 30.

Swiss_Red89

I think the critisism about his work ethic is not fair related to yesterdays game.

He definitely worked hard for the Team yesterday. After the Villa game where he finally put the required effort in, there is hope that he finally understood that this is the very basic that United Fans expect from their players and they will not accept performances from him like Newcastle away.

Doracle

He looks to have got past whatever was the problem in November/early December when his form/confidence completely nosedived. I’m hoping he will kick on from here now and ETH will keep him LW.

8 GA now. I think he should be targeting 25 GA total from here - so effectively doubling his first half of the season output. If he can do that (which will also need the rest of the team to look competent as well!) that should see us end the season strongly.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Am I the only one who thinks the back heel made sense and Bruno should have kept running? It’s the only way Rashford was going to get it through to Bruno.

Doracle

Am I the only one who thinks the back heel made sense and Bruno should have kept running? It’s the only way Rashford was going to get it through to Bruno.
It depends if he saw Bruno’s run. My thought was he was probably trying to find Eriksen and made a mess of it. As you say though, the way it worked out, had Bruno kept running, it looked like he could have probably got on the end of it.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
It depends if he saw Bruno’s run. My thought was he was probably trying to find Eriksen and made a mess of it. As you say though, the way it worked out, had Bruno kept running, it looked like he could have probably got on the end of it.
He knew Bruno and a defender were next to him, so he held it and gambled on Bruno running in behind. In the end, it looked stupid.

Marwood

He could just turn round and face goal. Then he's got several options.

But this is the main problem for Rashford as I see it. He's stopped doing the basics of football and for whatever reason prefers the low percentage stuff. Ego I guess is the cause.