g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Drizzle

Only reason he created that goal was he ran out of space for a shot himself.
Haha, people have lost their minds. I can't believe some of the absolute bizarre nonsense that people are saying. Desperate stuff.

Telsim

I do think Rashford will go next summer. Good LWs are quite plentiful and we should get at least £120m for him. Leao, Kvara, Mitoma all good shouts.

Personally I hope he stays, that we sort out the more pressing issues in our attack (striker and RW) and win things with this lad.
Whatever happened with his contract anyway? Did he extend or is it still in the air?

clarkydaz

I do think Rashford will go next summer. Good LWs are quite plentiful and we should get at least £120m for him. Leao, Kvara, Mitoma all good shouts.

Personally I hope he stays, that we sort out the more pressing issues in our attack (striker and RW) and win things with this lad.
He's the club posterboy and just signed a new bumper contract, he isnt going anywhere

Drizzle

He's the club posterboy and just signed a new bumper contract, he isnt going anywhere
You could be right. But there have been persistent whispers about him flirting with PSG and Madrid. Just a hunch but I think it'll suit everybody if we cash in and he cashes out.

Von Mistelroum

Could anyone imagine City, Madrid or Bayern signing him? Would these clubs accept his performances regardless of level and keep playing him forever?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
You could be right. But there have been persistent whispers about him flirting with PSG and Madrid. Just a hunch but I think it'll suit everybody if we cash in and he cashes out.
i highly doubt either are interested in him.

They’ve better players in his position and will look for better options than him if they really want a new signing.

stw2022

Could anyone imagine City, Madrid or Bayern signing him? Would these clubs accept his performances regardless of level and keep playing him forever?
He's only linked to those teams during contract negotiations. Funny that.

Lentwood

Same old really, two or three promising but ultimately fruitless moments which con people into believing he's a top footballer, whilst at the same time strolling around like a sulky teenager being forced to play Sunday League by his Dad.

He's what, 25, 26? He's not going to change his spots now. He's shown he's capable of going on the odd purple patch at points in his career but always very quickly regresses to his mean for a prolonged period

This logic is just bizarre. He created a goal for Hojlund yesterday, unfortunately chalked off. He got 8 or 9 assists last season as well as being by far our top goalscorer. He's literally the only threat. Remove him and we are in big big trouble.

Better to concentrate on spreading the threat. Hojlund will help with that but he's only had one game.

Rashford was not the problem yesterday. He really wasn't.
And how many times did he ignore passes that would have led to chances? It's like playing a man down for large parts of a game.

He's an excellent player in a very specific system, a system that no top club will ever use. He has very little footballing intelligence to adapt to other styles of play. If he can't make his runs in behind he is hopeless.

HookedOnAPhelan

Yeah, this is precisely why some of us were skeptical to giving him that big contract.

Ten Hag said that stuff about being the best transition team because he knows he’ll always have to play Marcus and Bruno, and they can’t play any other way.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is good individual player, but I started to get more and more convinced that he is indeed the problem. With him and Bruno, we could never play any good team football, its all about playing their own way.

Von Mistelroum

He's only linked to those teams during contract negotiations. Funny that.
Exactly. They would never accept his regular levels of performance. He wouldn't get into the top teams on his best days either. He just isn't that good.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
The right hand side is non existent at the moment, so I’d move him over there. He’s not getting dropped and can’t be any worse than McTominay. Put Garnacho on the left as he at least gives 100% effort every game.

Oldyella

Haha, people have lost their minds. I can't believe some of the absolute bizarre nonsense that people are saying. Desperate stuff.
Watch the replay. He tried to cut onto his right twice but Brighton don't let him and shepherd him down the outside. (They did double up on him to do that, as he is our main goal threat, so fair enough, but it does happen)

Red_Aaron

Marcus'problem is because he's been brilliant for us in the past everyone expects him to be perfect all the time and blames him when he isn't

Everyone else in the squad is over the moon he's getting all this flack as it distracts from the fact none of them bar Bruno contributes a fecking thing week in week out, season after season

Maybe someone else could get on the ball and create a tap in for him? Maybe we could create a chance from the other flank for a change? Maybe a midfielder or defender could head in a set piece once a year. None of these happen because everyone else is hiding. Rashford is not perfect by any stretch but most of the time he's the only player actually attempting to win the bloody football match he's playing in

I'd be calling for everyone else to step up before we start binning our only goal threat. He's the least of our worries

Idxomer

It's literally what happened. He rarely passes the ball unless he has no other options left.

Drizzle

Watch the replay. He tried to cut onto his right twice but Brighton don't let him and shepherd him down the outside. (They did double up on him to do that, as he is our main goal threat, so fair enough, but it does happen)
It's literally what happened. He rarely passes the ball unless he has no other options left.
Honestly people. Even when he beats a man on the outside brilliantly and cuts it back for a goal, he not only gets no credit but it's actually used as further evidence of his greediness. :nervous:

Please just take a step back and observe what you're saying. It's the definition of an agenda.

Idxomer

Honestly people. Even when he beats a man on the outside brilliantly and cuts it back for a goal, he not only gets no credit but it's actually used as further evidence of his greediness. :nervous:

Please just take a step back and observe what you're saying. It's the definition of an agenda.
He neither beat his man nor cut it back for a goal. He ran the ball out of play and it went for a goal kick.

BootsyCollins

No way Rashford is a problem.
Greedy and ego with the ball, yes. A problem for the team, no way.

Without him yesterday we would have zero attacking threat. When the rest of the team settles and we can play our best team he Will shine again. To sell him would be amazingly stupid.

Swiss_Red89

As I said a few times already, I agree with the critisim about his laziness when we don't have the ball. I don't know whats the problem there. If its either him lacking stamina, him seeing himself as the only creator and therefore saving energy to attack (most probably that), it cannot continue like that. We cannot have one guy in the Team wo simply doesn't press enough if we want to be a high pressing Team.

But apart from that, there is really a lot of nonsense written in this thread after yesterday. I think Marcus being scapegoatet now because no one else is available anymore to do so. (Maguire benched, Antony in Brazil talking to the police, Sancho feck knows whats going on there etc.)
I for one think Rashford has shown promising signs of form during international break and especially in the first half yesterday. He was just unlucky.
If we want to have a chance of being succesful this year, we need to hope he picks up form and luck in endproduct soon to improve his confidence. Otherwise i think we are fecked this season.

We are starting a CL campagin next week you know. But yeah, let's destroy him now in this forum and on social media. That's what real support looks like. Our fanbase really is part of the problem as well.

Last edited:

Frank White

He work ethic is the main problem and unfortunately the whole team seems to be struggling at the moment. It's not like he's incapable of creating chances like even in the Brighton game he put the ball on a plate Hojlund at 0-0 but it he fluffed it (no blame it happens)

Marwood

He work ethic is the main problem and unfortunately the whole team seems to be struggling at the moment. It's not like he's incapable of creating chances like even in the Brighton game he put the ball on a plate Hojlund at 0-0 but it he fluffed it (no blame it happens)
That was one chance though and even then he dallied too long and ran it out of play.

If he'd taken one of his chances yeaterday and put Hojlund through a couple of times when he should have I don't think anybody is complaining about his work ethic.

You can have that one player who does less off the ball because equally he runs harder and longer when he does have it. If anything I'd rather he saved himself a bit for those runs etc.

Work ethic and pressing is the go to explanation and criticism now but its not the problem here.

Frank White

That was one chance though and even then he dallied too long and ran it out of play.

If he'd taken one of his chances yeaterday and put Hojlund through a couple of times when he should have I don't think anybody is complaining about his work ethic.

You can have that one player who does less off the ball because equally he runs harder and longer when he does have it. If anything I'd rather he saved himself a bit for those runs etc.

Work ethic and pressing is the go to explanation and criticism now but its not the problem here.
Not talking about that one.

Ignore the tweet, the other one I found was a Arsenal fan taking the piss so had to use this one.

stw2022

You only get a finite number of opportunities to create in a game. A player that consistently dominates those chances without end product is a concern regardless of how many chances he gets.

A game where he takes nine times as many shots as Hojlund and still looks as likely to score as the kid in the sixth row, isn't a sign of how wonderfully dangerous he is. It's a sign of how his selfishness is a liability.

Swiss_Red89

Not talking about that one.

Ignore the tweet, the other one I found was a Arsenal fan taking the piss so had to use this one.
This. This narrative that Rashford doesn't want to play the ball to Hojlund is just wrong. He has started to look for him already quite a few times and they have played what, 80minutes together?
Vs Arsenal he had a very good cutback to Hojlund after beating White.
Yesterday the cross above and the assist which was ruled out. Also in the second half at the beginning he was looking for him to cut back again but it was deflected and went past Rasmus.

Imo the two of them has shown promising signs of understanding. I hope it clicks soon.

Frank White

Adding a laughing isn't giving your opinion any more validity. If you had actually played and understood football in your life, you'd see what we're all saying
Out of interest what level of the game we talking here mate?

Drizzle

Adding a laughing isn't giving your opinion any more validity. If you had actually played and understood football in your life, you'd see what we're all saying
Mate, I played football for decades. Not that it matters.

I put a laughing emoji because that's what your post deserved. Can you not see the absurdity of what you said? You're so neck-deep in Rashford hate that you actually managed to hate on a really positive piece of play and an assist (almost).

Frank White

This. This narrative that Rashford doesn't want to play the ball to Hojlund is just wrong. He has started to look for him already quite a few times and they have played what, 80minutes together?
Vs Arsenal he had a very good cutback to Hojlund after beating White.
Yesterday the cross above and the assist which was ruled out. Also in the second half at the beginning he was looking for him to cut back again but it was deflected and went past Rasmus.

Imo the two of them has shown promising signs of understanding. I hope it clicks soon.
He did/does have a good understanding with Martial and normally Shaw off the left so he can do it. Hopefully he can establish one with Hojlund quickly but the signs are there though. My main issue atm is he shouldn't be seeing out a full 90 week in week out. At the best of times he's not good when it comes to off the ball defensive duties but after about 60 mins or so he's basically a training cone. Will say he wasn't as bad against Arsenal but Brighton it was shocking.

stw2022

He holds onto the ball too long until he's been dispossessed (he's lot the ball far more than anyone else in the team this season), the angle for the pass has gone or he runs out of pitch.

Only in the world of the Rashford thread are you accused of having an agenda if you don't see these things as a positive.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I don't think there was a single Utd chance on MOTD yesterday that didn't directly involve Rashford. So he seems undroppable, but I'd also say being undroppable is the worst thing that could happen to him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He seems to be a mood player. And so far he dis not feel like playing with intensitiy in all aspects

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Martinelli, Diaz, Mitoma..just to name a few. Yes they dont score as much as Rashford, but they are proper team players who work their socks off and make the team perform functionally better.
I like all 3 players. Im willing to bet we would complain about all 3 at United

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mate, I played football for decades. Not that it matters.

I put a laughing emoji because that's what your post deserved. Can you not see the absurdity of what you said? You're so neck-deep in Rashford hate that you actually managed to hate on a really positive piece of play and an assist (almost).
Playing it and understanding it are very different. "Neck-deep in Rashford hate", why do you gotta be so dramatic ? Rashford has this tendency to overrun the ball and/or pass when he has no more possibilities. It's actually his trademark

Frank White

He holds onto the ball too long until he's been dispossessed (he's lot the ball far more than anyone else in the team this season), the angle for the pass has gone or he runs out of pitch.

Only in the world of the Rashford thread are you accused of having an agenda if you don't see these things as a positive.
Nope you specially are accused of having a agenda because we've lost 3-1 and the only player you've had a opinion on is Rashford and you've done it in 21 of your last 21 posts since last night :houllier:

Swiss_Red89

I play football since I'm five year old and I disagree with you on your initial post as well.
Rashford looks for his teammates when he goes on the outside and plays the ball in with his left. That's what he has done for the ruled out goal. Absurd to critisise him for it.

It's when he cuts on his right foot where he should look for his teammates more often or look for a little 1-2.