View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

flappyjay

Marcus body language is awful, he seems frustrated. Everything looks a chore for him at the moment, doing what he has too. This monster contract is no coincidence, I'm sick of this cycle. Just wish players would do the minimum. Track there man, fight for every ball. Then the talent shows, Marcus relying on moments or waiting for them. We need a fluid front line that work for each other/compliment skillset.

He's such a talented player when focused, devastating. It's very easy to see early on which Marcus you are going to get, the fit one ready to run in behind. Or the one who is not happy with the supply, arms in the air. I hope it changes because it's effecting the flow. I don't want to rely on moments. I want a system executed from training out wide.
He needs to learn how to have a good game without scoring a goal. He is childish if he has this many games under his belt and hasn't figured that out. Probably to do with the fact that he wants to be CR7 2.0.

tenhagsimp

He is what we call "braindead player". Has all the physical attribute and skills in the world but blessed with the football iq equivalent of a donkey. His decision making is atrocious and do ETH even try to talk about this to him since I dont see any improvement at all

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We can talk about the poor decision making. Poor passing etc. The biggest issue is his refusal to work hard for his teammates.
From letting play through, to his refusal to get out of a slight jog without the ball, he’s as lazy as any player as I’ve seen in a United shirt lately.

Waynne

Against Burnley at the 9min mark they had Roberts sprint to provide the overlap on our left flank and Rashford is jogging back (not sprinting) to track him. Rashford just gives up the run allowing the Burnley player to get in to the byline for an unchallenged cross into the box.

Could have resulted in a goal but the body language of Rashford disgusts me. Almost throwing his arms up in the air. Fecking pissed me off.

Get him out of the club if that's what he's going to provide every week.
Sign someone of lesser quality that will run till they drop dead, I don't care. Atleast x player will leave it all out on the pitch for the club and team.
Just get these lazy feckers like Rashford out of the team.

izec

He was awful before his run last season. For 2 years almost. Then he recaptured his form last season, got a new contract, back to being shit. Seriously

KD6-3.7

I hope PSG swoops for him after Mbappe's departure in the future.
Should have let them have him when they reportedly had interest in him a few years back.

A proper DOF would be looking at his performances right now and start looking for upgrades. I know it gets said on here all the time but it's true that we will never win a big trophy with him in the starting 11 week in week out.

stw2022

He dwells far too much on the ball at times when a quick pass is what's needed to keep up the threatening pace of the attack. His trademark is him standing with the ball in the final third, with one or two defender's in front of him, having just killed stone- dead any attacking momentum.

The fact we gave this massively limited footballer £300k a week is the biggest joke about this football club right now.

Andersons Dietician

He’s 26 yrs old in a few weeks time.
Is he going to be able to fundamentally change his awareness and decision making at this stage of his career?

That’s up to him, as a 39 year old now I tend to be more thoughtful in the things I do compared to when I was 26 and am more open to change. I just hope he gets that quicker when he is at his physical peak because he could be a great player. It just doesn’t seem to have clicked with him what he needs to do to get there.

He’ll always have fantastic moments and score some fantastic goals but a lot of the things he tries are low percentage chances and as skilled as he is there is a large element of luck in a lot of the things he tries and that’s just not sustainable.

A lot of the times if he just made one more pass and changed his position he’d find himself in a lot better scoring positions taking on higher percentage chances hopefully resulting in more consistent goal scoring from him.

If he also instead of scoring 30 goals a season dropped to 15 but his performances were better and helped the team perform better that would be an improvement for me,because it’s all about the team,and the most likely scenario of the team performing well with his help is more goal scoring opportunities for himself.

So hopefully these things click for him before it’s too late and he is just remembered as another talent that didn’t live up to his potential.

Andersons Dietician

He dwells far too much on the ball at times when a quick pass is what's needed to keep up the threatening pace of the attack. His trademark is him standing with the ball in the final third, with one or two defender's in front of him, having just killed stone- dead any attacking momentum.

The fact we gave this massively limited footballer £300k a week is the biggest joke about this football club right now.
He did this yesterday when he had Reg on the outside Hannibal right just ahead of him and then Hoj McT and Bruno making runs and instead he stopped dead all those options past him by as he was too busy staring deeply in to the defenders eyes to not realise there is now 3 of them there and as soon as he shifted the ball he lost it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He is what we call "braindead player". Has all the physical attribute and skills in the world but blessed with the football iq equivalent of a donkey. His decision making is atrocious and do ETH even try to talk about this to him since I dont see any improvement at all
He reminds me of Ousmane Dembele in that sense.

I can't decide if he thinks he's so good that he doesn't need to look up and pass, or if he's not good enough to do it. Either way his head down runs into blind alleys is getting tiresome.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Is he going to be able to fundamentally change his awareness and decision making at this stage of his career?

Even if it's rare for players to blossom that specific aspect of the game, I honestly believe it's possible to improve on it. It's a matter of being surrounded by the right people around you (family, friends and coaching staff). If these people enable you on a daily basis, there is no reason for the players to really change anything.
Enablers are terrible at that, they could comfort you in not improving at all

90 + 5min

I think it is time from our management to put him on the bench for couple of game.

I know we need him because we don't have to many experienced options upfront. However, this play can't keep going yearn in, year out without consequence from manager. He is lazy, selfish and whatever his problem is nowdays needs to be resolved by tenHag.

Born2Lose

I really do question if he can be a part of a first 11 that wins the league. He's always been a purple patch player and his attitude is shocking. It just annoyed me that it took so many fans so long to recognise.
Does he start at City or even Liverpool? I don't think so, but that's the level we need to get back up there.

kaku06

Vulgarian
When he gets the ball he runs towards the defenders with so much faux confidence as if he’s gonna humiliate them but as soon as he gets close he doesn’t know what to do with it and loses the ball comically time and time again breaking up every attack. Never learns this guy.

Lentwood

His problem is he's been coached and advised poorly from a young age.

He's a good finisher, he's good at taking on players when he has room to maneuvere and he has explosive pace, but the rest of his game is average at best.

The problem is, he was talked up as being Mbappe-level and compared to young Rooney/Ronaldo, and the club encouraged this, so desperate to promote an Academy lad at a time when the club needed good news stories.

It might be too late to undo now, but he needs to go right back to basics. He's at his best when he makes direct runs in behind off the ball and moves the ball on quickly when he receives it.

His worst games are when he's too involved, dropping deep to get on the ball or taking too many touches when he receives it.

There's also no excuse for his poor work rate and body language. Running at 100% is the absolute minimum requirement for a United player.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

There is little to nothing left of the player who emerged into the scene under LvG. The one who could find good pockets of space in and around the box. Who's fault is that, i don't know. Now, choices have been made which lead to decisions that must be made. He still possesses a great skill set that can be valuable to any team. But the way he wants to play the game can also be a head scratcher for any manager. Because he sees himself as a forward (with both the greediness and the defensive "laziness"of a pure goalscorer), but he wants to occupy a midfielder's position on the pitch. Good sides, not United who are a hotchpotch of diverse and bad signings, can create accomodations for one very productive player. It has its risks, but it has been done before. The issue is that United's other productive machine is also such a player. Good luck with that.

flameinthesun

The thing that angers me the most with Rashford is he is supposed to be this Manc player who has grown-up united through and through, loved the club, fights for the jersey, understands the pride a player should have to play for the club and more than anything understands what the fans demand from a player. Which makes his jogging about, lack of effort, lack of fight, lack of bravery even more embarrassing. What compounds it is that you see some players witn no links to the area or just arriving having more fight and desire than Rashford like Bruno, Case, Licha, Garnacho, even Reguillon and Onana.

I think an uncomfortable potential truth is that when Roy Keane talked about players letting the manager down and downing tools, one of the first players to do so is Rashford and that begs the question 1) can you count on a player like that and 2) do we even want a player like that.

M16Red

Against Burnley at the 9min mark they had Roberts sprint to provide the overlap on our left flank and Rashford is jogging back (not sprinting) to track him. Rashford just gives up the run allowing the Burnley player to get in to the byline for an unchallenged cross into the box.

Could have resulted in a goal but the body language of Rashford disgusts me. Almost throwing his arms up in the air. Fecking pissed me off.

Get him out of the club if that's what he's going to provide every week.
Sign someone of lesser quality that will run till they drop dead, I don't care. Atleast x player will leave it all out on the pitch for the club and team.
Just get these lazy feckers like Rashford out of the team.
Dan James?

Rauður Djöfull

Lazy performance and should have played Case at around 85th minute but chose to shoot despite three defenders being in front of him who obviously blocked it

AndySmith1990

He's no better than when he made his debut, and in some ways he's worse. Whether it's attitude or whatever it is, his work rate is disgraceful at times. Decision making has got worse over the years, probably coinciding with his perceived rise to Uniteds golden boy status, making him think he's Messi and is good enough to score without the help of his team mates.

He'd be a much better player if he lost the ego, learnt his place, and became a team player.

stw2022

By the time he's decided what he wants to do with the ball it's already too late. And yes he'll still get chances, but he's a passenger. Five minutes before the end he had ball at his feet in the box with four defenders blocking him, Casemiro was unmarked in acres of space who would have had a gaping goal and a keeper scrambling to get over had he played him in.

Naturally Rashford had a shot the ball into one of the several defenders. Danger averted for Burnley.

These are the moments that provide the stats that give his apologists the excuse to defend him with the whole "Ooh look at how many shots he had, this is proof he's so dangerous" nonsense.

Man is complete shite. Almost everything about his game is really, really bad.

superdry

touched by a genius
Has perfect jogging technique, unwaveringly disciplined and unaffected by what’s going on around him, our standout showhorse!

rk4utd

He was awful before his run last season. For 2 years almost. Then he recaptured his form last season, got a new contract, back to being shit. Seriously
Spot on assessment. I would have hoped the new contract would have seen a step up in responsibility being shown to match the huge pay rise. What it appears to have done is to make him feel untouchable again in terms of criticism and as a naturally ‘idle’ player he has returned to the Rashford of 2021/2. Upshot is we are stuck with him again and his purple patch now seems a distant memory.

buckooo1978

one of the most disrespectful things Ive read on here

Hal9000

I don't get the comments of brain-dead and no IQ, because last season he was playing these passes and putting in crosses. It just seems like he's got this "I'll do it all myself" mentality. The last 3 games he's had to shoot or tried to run through defenders when a pass is on.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

Very unlikely. He started senior football very early. He has been doing this for far too long. He is set in his ways. He also seems fairly stubborn.

I am afraid Rashy will be done at the top level before he hits 30. It I were a risk-aware DOF, I would be offloading him while he can still be sold for big money and replacing him with somebody younger / more developmental.