View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

stw2022

I wonder about Harry kanes Tottenham goal contribution last season. They seem to be doing alright…playing some brilliant football.
But comparisons between the two need to stop there. Rashford isn't in Kane's league.

One of the most depressing and embarrassing things of being a United fan these last few years has been seeing this guy looking like the footballing version of Eddie the Eagle Edwards for most of his career and having it insisted that he's 'World class'. Nothing exemplifies how far down the delusional rabbit hole we went than this.

Telsim

Everything that's wrong with the club. Poster boys and good PR are more important than performance, thus the new five year contract and top salary.

But let me guess, he is actually world class? :lol:

GreatDane

How many managers has he seen off now?
Louis van Gaal gave him his debut so you do the match, he's now letting down Ten Hag so he'll probably get another new start under a new manager soon.

Pughnichi

There have been 3 spells in recent years when we played excellent football as a team in recent years: 1. Post lockdown 2. Ole 2nd year (with Rashford on the right, Cavani up top) and 3. Last year after the World Cup with a game every 3 days. In each of those spells, Rashford and Bruno were great throughout and played well as team players. Specifically Rashford on the right who started crossing more often/creating more. Do you know what the difference was between those spells and now? In each of those games in those spells, when Bruno and Rashford were having a bad game - it was Cavani and Pogba to step up, or Pogba, Martial, and Greenwood during lockdown. Teams now know if you double up on Rashford we don't score. If you mark Bruno more tightly there's no one else that is of threat to them.

The fact is almost ALL top players including Son, Salah, and Sterling go through spells of bad form or even in games where they're running into blind alleys or look disinterested. The difference is that those teams had more players of quality to fill in in their absence. We currently have no other reliable scorers other than those two. I can understand wanting to replace them eventually because of the holes in the game, but it makes much more sense to first get some other reliable goalscorers in the team to see how they play with them first.

I agree that Rashford could run a little more and press more. But looking objectively, at the start of last season when Ten Hag first came in he took a summer off to get fit and came back pressing and running a lot more. Then we played 63 games in a season. 3 games a day for 2/3 months with a World Cup in between. Then we had an 8 game pre season flying to 3 different countries. It's not by coincidence we have had all these injuries to the players that played the most last year and the 3 players that haven't been injured (Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro) all look jaded and are in terrible form. The same thing happened to Liverpool last season. They went all the way in every competition the season before and they spent half of last season suffering the consequences of that.
Errrm…are you just going to overlook the actual stats presented to you in response to your made up ones?

teams often get better when you take out/sell their apparent star players. Look at Tottenham now without kane.

united currently, would be a better team without both Rashford and Bruno. They are a problem for ETH

Mercurial

Errrm…are you just going to overlook the actual stats presented to you in response to your made up ones?

teams often get better when you take out/sell their apparent star players. Look at Tottenham now without kane.

united currently, would be a better team without both Rashford and Bruno. They are a problem for ETH
Curiously how? That they are untouchable by virtue of club? If so is that order from top to always start? or will they go toxic if not played 100%?

Club has offered EtH £400m transfer kit, would be odd to hamstring him after that on who he starts. He would/should/could sideline anyone he wants but doesn't seem to want to by his own will.

Pughnichi

There's a saying that goes you're only as good as your last game.

With Rashford it's 'you're only as good as your last 10 games'.
Nah. It feels like ’you’re only as good as that purple patch 6 months ago’

3KDré

My stats weren't made up, you can go search them yourself. The post also decided to use 1 season of Brunos ignoring the rest, as well as include penalty count for Bruno and Rashford while ignoring penalty counts for the peers he compared them to.

As for the bolded, we are not in the same position. Without Rashford and Bruno we are relying on Martial(27, constantly injured), Garnacho(18), Hojlund(20, first season), Antony (23) and Mount(24) for goals compared to Son(31) Kulusevski(23) Richarlison(26) Maddison(26). Not only that, it's not even been 10 games yet for Spurs.

Anyway, I think we needed to have recruited better. We couldn't have predicted Sancho to be this poor, but Antony scored 9 goals at Ajax and we spent 90m on him. Hojlund is only 20. As much as I like signing young players, there is a mismatch here. We our midfield and defence, all in their primes collectively. Our most used front 3 players this season will be be 26, 20, 23 and 18 respectively. None of them can be relied on for goals either (Rashford aside).

Honestly I would much rather we have spent the 50m we spent on Mount on Toney instead. The 90m we spent on Antony could have easily bought us Neto + another winger. Whether you think Rashford should be in the team or not, this club is run so poorly we've given another manager complete control over transfers again! Complete joke.

Last edited:

stw2022

Personally I'm impressed that we've made it more than 12 hours since the match finished and nobody has said he might have been thinking about his car crash in the week and this is the reason why he played badly. We have however already had the 'relationship issues' thing, which is reassuring.

oz insomniac

There’s a comparison to Rashford in someone I know, here in Sydney rugby league is the main game by a long way. Anyway, the best 7 ( Rob Burrows position) from the U10s to U17s was a quick , explosive player. Everyone expected him to become a big name, but when he stepped up into the senior game he just didn’t make it. The reason was that despite being told he needed a better passing and kicking game, his parents and junior coaches just let him do what he did because it worked and never got him to upskill his game, He’s now a police officer despite having accolades thrown his way including State reps which is big here.

Rashford sort of the same, he’s quick, can shoot, and even has a decent header, but the elite skills we see from a lot of top played don’t seem to be part of his game, probably because he wasn’t taught and didn’t need them to be successful as a teenager. On his day he is pretty good, but has almost become a one trick pony using speed as his main weapon, disappointing as physically he should be dominating. As Ronaldo showed, working continuously on your game makes you elite, from what we know that was Ronaldo, his work ethic,training and repetitions to get it perfect made him the player he became, from a raw teenager to world elite.

Pughnichi

Curiously how? That they are untouchable by virtue of club? If so is that order from top to always start? or will they go toxic if not played 100%?

Club has offered EtH £400m transfer kit, would be odd to hamstring him after that on who he starts. He would/should/could sideline anyone he wants but doesn't seem to want to by his own will.
I’m not saying it’s the absolute answer. And I acknowledge it was against a weaker CP team. But my eyes don’t lie…it was an enjoyable game to watch midweek seeing constant movement and interplay between Garnacho, Hannibal and Mount. We felt like a team instead of moments FC

the desire they showed. Movement off the ball, game intelligence, ball retention and general decision making throughout was levels above what we have seen so far this season from Rashford and Bruno

I just think good performances should be rewarded and it sent the wrong msg to put Rashford and Bruno back in. If they had been playing to their best levels then yeah fair enough but they are undeserving.

ETH keeps talking about standards (Sancho) but contradicting himself by indulging in the dross Rashford and to a lesser extent Bruno have been serving up.

Like I said at the top, I’m not suggesting it’s the right answer. But what happens if we played that game again and blew them away 3-0 with another solid enjoyable team performance. We’ll never know until we try.

insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
We had it with Ronaldo in 21/22 where he scored lots but his team play wasn’t working out. We had it with Van Nistelrooy back in 2005. Rashford isn’t close to either of these players but we have the same issue with him. He wastes almost every chance he gets to do something because he takes too long trying to find a shooting opportunity instead of passing to a team mate. It’s actually beyond stupidity for him to think he can recreate some goals from a video game with slow turns and no technique. Most of his goals come from countering and a lot of his goals last season were in the Europa and Carabao cup. For the team to work better we clearly need to try something new. He ain’t a striker and he’s as selfish a footballer I’ve probably ever seen in my whole time of watching United. Wouldn’t be an issue so much if he was providing goals most of the time but his general laziness and attitude have left us in this crappy situation. Best paid player, worst attitude. Sancho says hello. Hard to like a player who doesn’t give his all for the team.

Mercurial

I’m not saying it’s the absolute answer. And I acknowledge it was against a weaker CP team. But my eyes don’t lie…it was an enjoyable game to watch midweek seeing constant movement and interplay between Garnacho, Hannibal and Mount. We felt like a team instead of moments FC

the desire they showed. Movement off the ball, game intelligence, ball retention and general decision making throughout was levels above what we have seen so far this season from Rashford and Bruno

I just think good performances should be rewarded and it sent the wrong msg to put Rashford and Bruno back in. If they had been playing to their best levels then yeah fair enough but they are undeserving.

ETH keeps talking about standards (Sancho) but contradicting himself by indulging in the dross Rashford and to a lesser extent Bruno have been serving up.

Like I said at the top, I’m not suggesting it’s th right answer. But what happens if we played that game again and blew them away 3-0 with another solid enjoyable team. performance. We’ll never know until we try.

insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results
I agree with you, a little less skilled side that follow orders is more effective than a highly skilled one that won't in many type of organisations. I liked everything from the formation to the strong warrior mid to the Bruno right. Eyetest supports you and many of us agree with you despite weak opponents. Players that don't follow orders or refuse to integrate & adapt and don't have the self respect to move on if they disagree should be feckered off to reserves, broken into the fold, or marginalized at any cost to maintain a healthy culture.
I was somewhat surprised he rubber banded to the same deadbeat setup and meme subs with Maguire / Donny. Seem like EtH lost his mind or that there are contractual obligations.

Pughnichi

We all want Rashford back to that devastating period mid last season. It makes it more frustrating knowing that he’s capable of it.

but you also need to trust your players and whilst it would be amazing for Rashford to hit some form, does anyone really trust that it won’t be for a limited period before resorting back to where we are now. That alone, for me, is reason enough for us not to be reliant on him.

i trusted ronaldo, RVN, Yorke, Cole, Keane, Irwin, Neville, Kanchelskis, Park. A bit of a mixed bag there but you knew what you were getting. Yeah they may have had a bad match but 9/10 you knew what to expect.

Ffwd to today and it’s a complete lottery with Rashford

clarkydaz

We all want Rashford back to that devastating period mid last season. It makes it more frustrating knowing that he’s capable of it.

but you also need to trust your players and whilst it would be amazing for Rashford to hit some form, does anyone really trust that it won’t be for a limited period before resorting back to where we are now. That alone, for me, is reason enough for us not to be reliant on him.

i trusted ronaldo, RVN, Yorke, Cole, Keane, Irwin, Neville, Kanchelskis, Park. A bit of a mixed bag there but you knew what you were getting. Yeah they may have had a bad match but 9/10 you knew what to expect.

Maybe we could offer him more money, worth a shot

spiriticon

I would sell Rashford for the right price, I'm sad to say. Even last year I would have sold him, albeit for no less than 100m. Now the price has gone down again...

I always like a home grown talent but he is too one dimensional to be any good from a team perspective. He is one of the most stupid footballers I've ever seen. Constantly making wrong decisions in critical moments.

Catalandevil

He plays for himself. He is very talented and when he has the ball things can happen. However, now, he loses the ball too often and his decision making is extremely slow, and as a result, slows down our attacks and makes them very easy to defend.

My main concern is that he doesn’t fit our style of play, but he is one of our best players. To be effective, he needs a formal left back doubling him, but we play with an inverted left back. We want to press high up the pitch, but he doesn’t press well. We want to move the ball quickly to create spaces, but he is not good at that.

ETH said that we wanted to be the best transition team in the world, and Rashford is in fact, one of the best players for that purpose. However, we haven’t seen anything to suggest that we are heading in that direction.

In a team such as Madrid, in a role such as the one Vinicius has, he would shine. However, he doesn’t fit our system and the other players are not good enough to compensate for his deficiencies.

Rashford or ETH will need to adapt. If not, one of the two may not be in Manchester next year.

stw2022

After every match now someone posts a highlight package of all his contributions and even if he scores one in four or five matches he prevents us creating a dozen times every match. Sorry this was still the case when he was finding the net too.

crossy1686

career ending
Don’t know what’s going on with him but when he’s off like this his decision making is up there with the worst players in the league. His game isn’t developing either, once he gets doubled up on he just runs into trouble every time. He’s not our biggest problem but his piss poor form is a problem because he’s our only source of goals.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I would sell Rashford for the right price, I'm sad to say. Even last year I would have sold him, albeit for no less than 100m. Now the price has gone down again...

I always like a home grown talent but he is too one dimensional to be any good from a team perspective. He is one of the most stupid footballers I've ever seen. Constantly making wrong decisions in critical moments.
It may go up again next month. But you know what? It will make no difference. What actually matters is the seller's initial valuation of an asset, this is what attracts potential buyers. Rashford will turn 26 by the end of the month. He's entering the phase of his career where what you see is probably what you get. Setting a starting price at 100+ million can only achieve one thing, to keep Rashford at the club until he's 35. Which, all things considered, is what the club probably wants. So, bring on the next manager who will try to "get the best out of him" after Solskajer and ETH. Until the need to challenge forces our hand to try a more expansive brand of football (tbf, this isn't exclusive to Rashford). Then, for better or worse, have the next guy at the ready.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He's the player that infuriates me the most right now. Attacks, that are already not that quick, just go to him to die. Head down, and goes into that staring contest with the fullback.

His decision making has been off, his passing wasteful and his effort almost non-existent.

What is making it worse is that Garnacho always seems to come on and provide a spark.

He should be rotated like anyone who isn't performing right now.

jesperjaap

The thing is though, the devstating period was literally 4months out of a seve year career here. Outside of that he has only had one good season and maybe 3/4 good spelles for a couple of months.

We seem to judge a lot of playes individually in this side over there best spells, when the reality is it is often only a very small fraction of there careers here. Seems more a case of players liek Rashford there good spells percentage wise are more like the past players bad spells.

Feels like the likes of Pogba, Rashford and Fernandes have lasted so long in a high standing as star players as our recruitment has been so poor below them

Thiagoal

Sell him to the highest bidder and get Leao from Milan. Fed up seeing his moany face on the pitch

ClassOf'99

Don’t know what’s going on with him but when he’s off like this his decision making is up there with the worst players in the league. His game isn’t developing either, once he gets doubled up on he just runs into trouble every time. He’s not our biggest problem but his piss poor form is a problem because he’s our only source of goals.
But is he our "only source of goals" because of his selfishness? If the ball doesn't go through him then he'll strop or jog back, and when we does get it he'll either run down blind alleys or mess up/delay the pass.

He's intelligent enough to know where and how to get in the best positions to pick up the ball, which makes it even more infuriating when he doesn't have end product.

Dannn411

Becoming increasingly like Walcott. Just plays for the new contract and then reverts to type after signing the deal. Great players kick on from the season he had last year, they don't regress again. Very very disappointing.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Becoming increasingly like Walcott. Just plays for the new contract and then reverts to type after signing the deal. Great players kick on from the season he had last year, they don't regress again. Very very disappointing.
Pretty much. Walcott was stupidly fast, couldn’t dribble and had a really good finish. Sounds glaringly similar to Rashy. Was also never the focal point of the team. The fact he’s supposed to be our main man probably explains in part why we are in the mess we’re in. We’re stuck with him the rest of his 20s at least with this contract and the rest of the sides around us are probably laughing away at us dishing out mega money to players who don’t deserve it.

superdry

touched by a genius
He hasn’t got the full skill set to be the main supplier or finisher at United. We’re never going to progress waiting for his occasional flashes of great play. He’s not at the level his wage suggests.

stw2022

Had he scored yesterday and we drew the game nobody would be talking about the dozen times he scuppered our opportunities to create chances put the game to bed. They should, but they wouldn't be.

This sentiment of 'he scored so all observations about how his presence and limitations as a player severely hinder the chances of the team to progress must be invalid' didn't get the pushback it deserved last season.

"30 goals"

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Please sell this guy. Kills every attack, tries to take on every defender then cut back and do it again.

Passes and link up are horrible too, please I beg we drop him or sell
Him.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Sick of the sight of him. Getting away with murder for years based on flashes of good form.
ETH needs to drop him fast. He's offering nothing on the field

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Had he scored yesterday and we drew the game nobody would be talking about the dozen times he scuppered our opportunities to create chances put the game to bed. They should, but they wouldn't be.

This sentiment of 'he scored so all observations about how his presence and limitations as a player severely hinder the chances of the team to progress must be invalid' didn't get the pushback it deserved last season.

"30 goals"
Its 2028 and we are lingering around 15th position with Rashford earning 3m per week and scoring 1 goal a month.

"But he scored 30 goals in 2022-23!"

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Completely disagree. There were so many opportunities for him to release the ball early today either out wide or a simple pass in and around the box. But he preferred to dally around and shake his hips for feck all. He also lacked the thrust we saw last season. Completely frustrating to watch.
He is not a man for all seasons.

RuudTom83

He thrives in a counter-attack setup but after scoring 30 goals last season not many opposing teams are going to give him that space.

zaafi

My stats weren't made up, you can go search them yourself. The post also decided to use 1 season of Brunos ignoring the rest, as well as include penalty count for Bruno and Rashford while ignoring penalty counts for the peers he compared them to.

As for the bolded, we are not in the same position. Without Rashford and Bruno we are relying on Martial(27, constantly injured), Garnacho(18), Hojlund(20, first season), Antony (23) and Mount(24) for goals compared to Son(31) Kulusevski(23) Richarlison(26) Maddison(26). Not only that, it's not even been 10 games yet for Spurs.

Anyway, I think we needed to have recruited better. We couldn't have predicted Sancho to be this poor, but Antony scored 9 goals at Ajax and we spent 90m on him. Hojlund is only 20. As much as I like signing young players, there is a mismatch here. We our midfield and defence, all in their primes collectively. Our most used front 3 players this season will be be 26, 20, 23 and 18 respectively. None of them can be relied on for goals either (Rashford aside).

Honestly I would much rather we have spent the 50m we spent on Mount on Toney instead. The 90m we spent on Antony could have easily bought us Neto + another winger. Whether you think Rashford should be in the team or not, this club is run so poorly we've given another manager complete control over transfers again! Complete joke.
Oh, forgive me for not including Maddison's one penalty goal when comparing their stats. Ødegaard and De Bruyne didn't score penalties because they are not their team's designated penalty taker. So why are you trying to make it look as if their goals scored were from penalties again?

Bruno barely scores goals now that we don't get 10 or 11 penalties during a season anymore.

stw2022

If you take out penalties i think he's scored more than 11 league goals a season, once in seven and a bit seasons (or 245 games)

the_cliff

But comparisons between the two need to stop there. Rashford isn't in Kane's league.

One of the most depressing and embarrassing things of being a United fan these last few years has been seeing this guy looking like the footballing version of Eddie the Eagle Edwards for most of his career and having it insisted that he's 'World class'. Nothing exemplifies how far down the delusional rabbit hole we went than this.
Agreed, I've mentioned it countless times on here even during his purple patch. I don't really have a problem with Rashford being at our club and I do disagree with the people saying we can't be successful with him in the team. What I do have a problem with is that Rashford is a Nani type player, as long as he's not our 2-3 most important attackers we'll be alright. The problem is we've given Nani a role as if he's Ronaldo/Rooney when he's quite clearly no where near.