4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Martial came on and instantly we looked more penetrative because he and Garnacho were passing and moving and trying to pull the team apart. This idea that losing Rashford and Bruno takes all our creativity away needs to stop. It’s like people think if they aren’t there we are playing with 2 men down.
We also played much much better without them in the league cup win against Palace.

Based Adnan

He's a player for a reactive football team not a proactive one. When space is limited he's always struggled and that compounds his poor decision making.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
But our team never looks coached to create chances from passing combinations. It’s not like Rashford is deliberately hindering us from making passing combinations. Right now we have the option of either meaningless possession or Rashford and Bruno creating something.
We did exactly this mid week, not to a top top level but our chances did not come from one winger constantly trying to beat 2/3 players and we scored 3 goals.

Rashford had plenty of passing opportunities to make combinations yesterday and ignored them

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Didnt deserve automatic call back into the team last game. We have backed ourselves in the corner by giving him that contract. Seems like an attitude and motivation issue as he had no problem last season when contract negotiations were going on.

I wonder where all the posters are hiding who would label any Rashford critic as “Tories”. Was amusing how even foreigners were labelled the same

Hope he finds his motivation again but this attitude will stop him from becoming the player we all hoped he will become

Mercurial

So average.
If he wasnt English he wouldnt be considered much.
I know for example that as a Croatian I much prefer we had Perisic all these years than if we had Rashford. 100 %.
As a non Croatian I second Perisic. What a player he would have been for us.

Andersons Dietician

Nice source.
Pretty sure this has been a story since the summer hence he was pictured coming out of clubs in Miami with multiple woman. They had gotten engaged last season if I recall then it was called off and he had a Hawt girl summah!!!

fezzerUTD

The Scum as a source. :lol:

Even from the above, you allege he’s been cheating, the above says nothing of the sort only that the relationship has ended.
If you like you can pm me for his mums phone number, you can’t get much better source other than the man himself.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
His biggest weakness is running with his head down. Can that be coached? Or taught now?

stw2022

He's a regrouping defenses best asset. They know that if they've left themselves vulnerable they will have time to get men back because Rashford has to take four, five, six touches of the ball first, try and take someome on and if he can't he'll either lose the ball or pass sideways.

There isn't a player in the world who would score goals in a team where 90% of the attacking build-up play goes through this guy. We go into every game knowing a dozen opportunities to create are going to be wasted by virtue of being Rashfordised. We aren't that good a team to afford that luxury.

Last edited:

dpansheth

Attention is on him & should be on him. Glad that is happening, and I believe scrutiny should be on everyone but more so on Rashford & Bruno (Being the captain will have to come with extended accountability).
We all knew that his technique is limited & he's not tactical as well, but there's been zero growth in his play. Pull any clip of 2019 to 2022 & he's playing exactly the same, over 3 different types of managers.

There're three options now for the team & our club:
- Rashford magically learns how to look up while dribbling and be able to connect with his teammates.
- we get a sugardaddy who can somehow digest his 4 years, 90M contract ( see Ben Simmons )
- we slowly become a "top-ten" team.

Licha-Vidic

Is this real? No wonder we have been crap. ETH put all his eggs in Bruno and Rashford hands, and it seems it has backfired miserably.

Castia

It seems to depend if he can be bothered. He scored about 3 goals two years ago but 30 last season. It looks like he’s on for a 3 goal season again it’s ridiculous

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
His biggest weakness is running with his head down. Can that be coached? Or taught now?
I don't think this far in to his career, it's possible.

When McTominay starts, people here usually say it's like playing with 10 men. While McTominay hides, with Rashford I feel it's even worse. He's where our attacks on the left just fizzle away. I hope the manager has the guts to drop him. I don't think we're not going to get anywhere, hoping he will play into his previous purple patch form; it was just that, a purple patch. Last year when he was having his best year ever, Salah was having a pretty shit season. I remember both having pretty much the same statistics in the end. That should tell us how far he's from an actual world-class player. if he wasn't an academy player, he wouldn't be rated this high by many in here. But this Tuesday night, he will probably do better (by that I mean not be completly shit) and the fanboys will be back, calling everyone haters.

ElDiabloRojo

Imagine the tantrum he would throw if dropped, in his mind he is world class.

He is barely a decent premier league player, we can never win the league with him, just not consistent and never will be.

Oranges038

Nope, he's like that selfish DIY kid in the schoolyard who thinks he can do it all himself. He's never grown out of it.

Also, he absolutely lacks football brains, composure and vision. Those 3 things cannot really be coached into a 26 year old with all his experience, if he hasn't developed those skills by now, there's not much hope for it to ever happen.

lex talionis

He was talking about his work on himself/ the team and how he is working on developing a relationship with Rasmus.
Nothing remarkable about that. Did he indicate any new or ongoing challenges in meeting his professional objectives?

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Are we critiquing Rashford’s performances or trying to ostracize him?

I believe the conversation should focus on how he can contribute to the team or what can motivate him to perform at his best. Even if Rashford is underperforming, he can still have value to the team. It’s reasonable to want him to prove himself from the bench, but advocating for his departure doesn’t seem justified.

The goal should not be to remove talent from the club but to accumulate it. Rashford excels in his strengths, and that alone should secure his place at this club as one of the very best.

AngliaRed

He’s basically the sunday league player who turns up in bright Mercurial Vapours / Ankle tape and and runs into blind alleys thinking he is 07/08 Ronaldo.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's in bad form, but I think the criticism is somewhat overblown. Countless opposition players have said how difficult he is to play against. He has to start making better decisions soon, because he's got someone like Garnacho itching for his spot behind him.

bdspeedy

We should have cashed in. I fear he will NEVER be worth what he was this summer. Football seems to be low on his list of priorities. The owners don't mind, all they care about is that the "Rashford" brand is affiliated with their Disneyland mentality that attracts cash whether we win or not. We need to strike the team and demonstrate to everyone involved, that they are only rich because of we fans.

Ted Lasso

There's a moment early in the Crystal Palace game that's almost IDENTICAL to the first video. Rahsford has the ball and can do the simple mindless but correct ball thru for Hojlund. He can also send Mount (I think) thru by passing a little further, which is a completely clear line of sight and ball, which would have been the best option creating a 1-1 with the keeper. He could also reverse it to the overlap.

With four CP players around him, what does he do instead? Ronaldo chops it away from goal and gets dispossessed. It's unacceptable.

Pickle85

He's in bad form, but I think the criticism is somewhat overblown. Countless opposition players have said how difficult he is to play against. He has to start making better decisions soon, because he's got someone like Garnacho itching for his spot behind him.
Exactly this. The truth, as usual, less somewhere between the two extremes.

Thom Merrilin

Are we critiquing Rashford’s performances or trying to ostracize him?

I believe the conversation should focus on how he can contribute to the team or what can motivate him to perform at his best. Even if Rashford is underperforming, he can still have value to the team. It’s reasonable to want him to prove himself from the bench, but advocating for his departure doesn’t seem justified.

The goal should not be to remove talent from the club but to accumulate it. Rashford excels in his strengths, and that alone should secure his place at this club as one of the very best.
I'm not in the sell Rashford camp but right now he brings very little to the team. He needs to be dropped.

He has very clear strengths and weaknesses and right now his strengths aren't showing in his play for whatever reason. This just leaves his weaknesses like poor hold play up and work rate, dribbling into 3 defenders, etc.

pseudo_canadian

He is crap

Go to other forums and ask how they rate Rasford. He wont get into top 6 team with his attitude

Never world class, let alone top 10 strikers in the world.

One trick pony who's a lazy bugger.

But... 30 goals last season? There's a reason why that season would be the highlight of his career because there's no way he'll get that annually

Sick of him. He epitomises what's wrong with United. Entitled lazy overpaid players
This

El Jefe

Bruno scored 8 goals (2 penalties) and 8 assists in 37 league games last year. For comparison, De Bruyne scored 7 goals and had 16 assists. Ødegaard scored 15 goals and had 7 assists. Maddison scored 10 goals and had 9 assists in a relegated Leicester. Both Maddison and De Bruyne played much less minutes than Bruno.

As for Rashford, there are two seasons he has scored 17 league goals, one of which had 6 penalties out of those 17. The other seasons he has not scored more than 11 league goals. Compare this to the likes of Son, Salah and even Sterling for City. Add the fact that they work three times as hard as Rashford, and are more focused on winning the match rather than being the individual that scores the match winning goal. The difference is staggering.

The best way to improve the team is to get rid of players who aren't team players, which is exactly what Klopp and Pep did. That is the only way to progress, unless your talent is equal to Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappé etc. Even Vinicius Junior who is twice as talented as Rashford got stick for not being a team player, and once he got his shit together he became twice the player. Rashford is in his prime and should not be taught to be that kind of player, or it is already too late. The point is that both Rashford and Bruno needs replaced by other players next summer. They might be our "best" players in the sense that they're the ones that produce the most, but so what? They're both attacking oriented players. It shouldn't come as a surprise they produce most, unless you're the type of guy that gets surprised at a defender or defensive midfielder having most tackles. Look at our position on the table, and how many goals we've scored/conceded. Do you think we magically are going to create more and score more goals by upgrading on Antony or Højlund, or do you think there perhaps is something more here?
Well put, the Bruno and Rashford ride should be over after this season, we’ve gone as far as we can with them.

They occupy such important roles in this team that A) they fundamentally dictate how we play and B) implementing a new style with them will only make them and us play worse. See the Rangnick period (tbf he was a terrible appointment).

As you mention, Rashford’s stats aren’t even that great. He has a goal or assist every 127mins in his career for us, compared to Walcott who has a goal + assists every 124 mins in his Arsenal career.

I’m usually against stats being used to paint a whole picture but it’s not like Rashford provides anything else beyond his stats. His game is all based on final output. He doesn’t work hard for the team, isn’t a leader, doesn’t hold the ball up and bring others into play and has painfully low game intelligence.

Doracle

He’s basically the sunday league player who turns up in bright Mercurial Vapours / Ankle tape and and runs into blind alleys thinking he is 07/08 Ronaldo.
Who popped up with 41 GA last season in an underperforming United team. A 24 year old Ronaldo, in the greatest Man Utd team probably of all time, only managed 38 in 08/09.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Who popped up with 41 GA last season in an underperforming United team. A 24 year old Ronaldo, in the greatest Man Utd team probably of all time, only managed 38 in 08/09.
To be fair his head wasn't really at United that season.

KikiDaKats

Supports
Nothing remarkable about that. Did he indicate any new or ongoing challenges in meeting his professional objectives?
Nothing really.

It was just basically his usual coached statements.

More to do with the timing of the interviews with Rashford than his words.

KikiDaKats

Supports
I'm not in the sell Rashford camp but right now he brings very little to the team. He needs to be dropped.

He has very clear strengths and weaknesses and right now his strengths aren't showing in his play for whatever reason. This just leaves his weaknesses like poor hold play up and work rate, dribbling into 3 defenders, etc.
I have some weird ideas on what is best for him but everyone that understands football including the very best coaches, manager, pundits and including himself think it’s foolishness.

As usual I don’t expect much more than he is giving but that ability to exploit space is of use to us at any point in a game. All he will need to is be patient and his goals will return. It’s more of a situation for management to identify when it’ll be a waste of everyone’s time having him on the pitch and when to unleash him.

redIndianDevil

We did exactly this mid week, not to a top top level but our chances did not come from one winger constantly trying to beat 2/3 players and we scored 3 goals.

Rashford had plenty of passing opportunities to make combinations yesterday and ignored them
You want to draw a conclusion from a home win against a second string Crystal Palace in a cup match they desperately want to get out of?

In what other serious game have we created anything properly?

I don’t even like Rashford that much, I don’t think he deserved his contract and still think we should have sold him and get a proper player. But the Palace match EtH failed him by his tactics of having him isolated.

Ted Lasso

What does Rashford do:

1. Slide Hojlund in on goal.
2. Send Bruno in on goal, 1-v-1 against the GK
3. Ball over top for Pellestri wide open on the right
4. Reverse it to Mount on the left
5. Play it back safe to Amrabat or anyone else
6. Ronaldo-chop it straight into the defender and lose the ball

Almost every single time he makes not just the wrong decision but the very worst possible one a top footballer can possibly make.

He actively sabotages a large proportion of our play. Bench him and force him to improve. Right now his starting just validates it.

Licha-Vidic

But ronaldo did hit 42 GOALS in 07/08. 42 without assist in PL and CL glory winning season. Add 7 assist it's 49 G/A in 49 games. Meaning either an assist or goal in every match he played in.

Matches Not in carabao or UEFA cup games.