View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Vernon Philander

Said all there is to say about him really. He can play in only one way. He's Jamie Vardy without the workrate and toughness upfront. He

If the ball isn't played in behind he becomes a total non-factor.
They shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath. Vardy miles clear

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Zero hold up play. His purple patch seems a long time ago.

Witchking

Teams have figured him out. Crowd him out and he will give the ball away. I do not like his attitude of not tracking back and his way of playing with his head down, unable to support his team.

His pre season games were just like this.

Very very frustrating that we have to rely on him instead of a quality striker leading the line and helping the team. Hojlund needs to start once he is injury free.

Idxomer

He's a weird footballer, the run when he won that header sums him up and his lack of desire half of the time.

AndySmith1990

Unlike posters here I don’t rate him. Simple as. He scores goals some seasons sure but there are so many holes in his play that makes me want to tear my hair out.
He can be very good when he decides to put in the effort. But I agree there are a few significant weaknesses that will prevent him from ever reaching the heights of world class attackers. His laziness and poor attitude do my head in

Castia

Looks to have bulked up

Not his best game but I knew that when the team sheet came out he’s always shite through the middle

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Effort should be a minimum. Wish he had Keane in his locker room putting in a shift like that.

Kag

His body language has been rotten all pre season.

In his defence, it’s ridiculous we’re back in this position with him masquerading as a centre forward.

bondsname

Even if you ignore how little he was involved, his dribbling was subpar. Clumsy is the only way to describe it,made look even worse with how easy the Wolves players made it look.
Not the Marcus you want to see, that's for sure. I just noticed when he got to the left-wing it felt a lot more threatening. Wolves were just on another level physically, it's like they were stronger and faster than us. Hope it's a wake up call for the whole team to put in harder shifts in the training ground.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He’s not gifted enough not to be working harder. When we don’t have the ball, he’s not interested. Makes my blood boil.
I can forgive the deficiencies in his game but his laziness is my biggest gripe. Has zero internet in pressing. Reminds me of Mbappe.

Red Rash

Rashford is never the same player when he overthinks his game and I think today was an example of him overthinking. It's probably related to him playing CF rather than LW.

Djemba-Djemba

I love Rashford and I'm fine with him having a quiet or even poor game.

The moment though when he just didn't bother to track back after we lost the ball and it left Shaw isolated against 3 wolves players was infuriating.

Can't be doing that.

Quagmire Maguire

Effort should be a minimum. Wish he had Keane in his locker room putting in a shift like that.
This is what I always find amazing and why I really dislike him. I am also amazed how it's almost never called out by fans, pundits or commentators. He is SO lazy it's unreal. The only movement he ever makes is the run in behind. He doesn't move otherwise. If he loses the ball he couldn't care less, he doesn't press..

Oh well maybe he will treat us to another 3 month purple patch sometime over the next 24 months.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
His lack of effort is concerning. He’s also clearly not a striker. No hold up play and he never passes. Probably the most frustrating player in the team and it’s worrying that we continue to face the same issues. He’s been in the team for 8 seasons and he’s always been a patchy player.

KjaAnd

Imagine how good he could be if he put in 50 % more effort on the pitch. He looks lethargic in everything he does and that’s going to keep him from reaching the heights his talent warrants.

Oranges038

Took way too much out of the ball and seemingly thinks he doesn't have to challenge for it in the air.

He'll have better games but he was poor tonight.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Yes - have the central striker track back deep as LB :rolleyes:

Some people don’t know how football works.

Ten Hag has us playing transitional football - you can’t have your striker tracking back to do a defenders job :lol:

Frank White

Just not good enough, wasn't helped by the fact the all he had to feed off was long balls that where shite be even then the very little he did get wasn't the best. Need a real striker asap because he's just not it.

garelo

when will ETH realise that playing Rashford as CF is actually creating double problems? firstly it stopped us from controlling the game because rashfords hold up play is non-existence. Seriously, Rashford is absolutely clueless CF, he doesnt even know how make run to open space, there was time when sancho ran with the ball to penalty box shadowed by wolves player and what did rashford do? he RAN TOWARD him and made the already congested penalty box even more congested and as result sancho lost the space to shoot the ball, absolutely stupid move from Rashford. secondly, Rashford is our best bet for scoring goal so why don't we play him at his best position? It doesnt make any sense, unless we have another LF as good as him. Taking Rashford out of his best position is akin to kill 2 birds with one stone, unfortunately those 2 birds are man united and rashford.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He needs to up his effort otherwise he should be benched. Surely he can improve his attacking output too but he's always been inconsistent so if we los midfield and he's pressed hard, he gets moody and doesn't want to fit for the balls. Perhaps it's a centre forward thing but still should be doing the best with what he's got.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Effort levels disappointed me the most, there was one moment where he just gave up tracking the fullback, his excuse is probably that he should have been upfront but he covered for that position and stopped trying.

ForeverRed1

I love Rashford and I'm fine with him having a quiet or even poor game.

The moment though when he just didn't bother to track back after we lost the ball and it left Shaw isolated against 3 wolves players was infuriating.

Can't be doing that.
He did it more than once. Absolutely abysmal performance that was. Infuriating

UDontMessWith24

Yes - have the central striker track back deep as LB :rolleyes:

Some people don’t know how football works.

Ten Hag has us playing transitional football - you can’t have your striker tracking back to do a defenders job :lol:
Running out of excuses for him I see.

I still dont know if the purple patches are enough to offset the months on end where he looks like an uninterested Championship player. He was abysmal tonight.

Frank White

Effort levels disappointed me the most, there was one moment where he just gave up tracking the fullback, his excuse is probably that he should have been upfront but he covered for that position and stopped trying.
Yeah that bit towards the end was ridiculous.

Bebestation

Running out of excuses for him I see.
Yes after 1 match :lol:

If you think the central striker should track back to help Shaw then you’d be a great manager for Haaland:lol:

Ten Hag literally said we play transitional football - having no striker in the middle of the pitch stops Onanas ability to pass and start counter attacks whenever we lose possession.

Irwin99

Quiet first half, frustrating second half.

Roll on the time when can play Hojlund up front and we can play Rashford from the left :drool:

KD6-3.7

He’s just not a very good footballer to me. Has arguably some of the worst decision making, loses the ball more times then he does something good with it.

If this club was capable of properly replacing him I’d have zero issues with him being sold. He’s kind of like Bruno where they probably wouldn’t make it in any other top European club with how erratic they are with the ball.

UDontMessWith24

Yes after 1 match :lol:

If you think the central striker should track back to help Shaw then you’d be a great manager for Haaland:lol:
You have absolutely nothing to say after this shambles of a performance so you narrow the focus down to that. On the other hand, if you watched him play tonight and you honestly think that performance was anything but awful, I kinda feel bad for you if you continue to waste your time watching football.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He’s not gifted enough not to be working harder. When we don’t have the ball, he’s not interested. Makes my blood boil.
I can forgive the deficiencies in his game but his laziness is my biggest gripe. Has zero internet in pressing. Reminds me of Mbappe.
Agreed. Said the same thing after the Madrid preseason game. He walks around off the ball like he's prime CR7, except he isn't anywhere close to Mbappe level much less Cristiano. You can look disinterested off the ball when you are bagging 50+ goals a year as one of the best in the world, but when your team is having a poor performance and in a dogfight on opening day and you still want to walk around it's a shit look

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I think the issue with our players are you just never know what version of them you are going to get. Top players deliver most of the time and even their bottom level is still decent enough but our best players can barely do the basics when they are having an off night and just completely drop their heads. Years and years of this since the great man retired. This is why we are so far away from the top. Rashford struggles in most matches when teams sit. He’s never been good at this, how many years do we need to endure for the penny to drop.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Should only play as a striker in the 442 system. You guys should play Sancho and Rashford together up front.

Allow the new striker time to adjust. Not every team has to play a 433

Bebestation

Insulting another member
You have absolutely nothing to say after this shambles of a performance so you narrow the focus down to that. On the other hand, if you watched him play tonight and you honestly think that performance was anything but awful, I kinda feel bad for you if you continue to waste your time watching football.
As I do you mate as I do you saying I lost all excuses after 1 bloody match! Talk about scum! Atleast I’m backing my player whilst your partying every time he doesn’t bloody score. Pure scum like the stuff under my sink.

Did you see his header that cause him the run on the RW before getting taken out?

The attack that got stopped by the opposition hands in the box that could have given a penalty?

Yeah - No.. because you just sit their complaining about shit and act like he did nothing every chance you get and sit their laughing at any of his fans like we are weird.

Saying all excuses are finished after 1 game and not even playing in his strongest position where someone did even more shit :lol:

UDontMessWith24

Should only play as a striker in the 442 system. You guys should play Sancho and Rashford together up front.

Allow the new striker time to adjust. Not every team has to play a 433
None of this matters when he won't work for the team and only plays for himself.

jem

The guy really needs to sort his consistency out, purple patch needs to be permanent.
I don't think that will ever happen. I think anybody expecting consistency from Rashford is being wildly optimistic, borderline delusional.