4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

marc1_007

We literally scored a team goal the other night
I wouldn't say this was solely down to Rashford and Bruno not being on the pitch, as we've seen similar patterns during Ten Hag's tenure.
That's a valid point, I do wonder what Bruno and Rashford would have done with those touches that Hannibal and Ganarcho had, but I'm too used to when the ball gets to Rashford and Bruno, they always try to do something special and maybe Bruno tries a through ball or Rashford tries to go past his man to get a shot in, and were those scenarios to take place, then we don't see the end product that was Martial's goal.

How many goals like this have we been denied because, Bruno and especially Rashford end up doing their own individual things that stop the flow of the move

stw2022

How many goals like this have we been denied because, Bruno and especially Rashford end up doing their own individual things that stop the flow of the move
This'll get mocked but it's a fair point. Every time Rashford runs down a dead end or decides the pitch is five yards longer than it is or just decides to have the ball ricochet off a stationery defenders shin - all the while often completely ignoring opportunities to pass and play other team mates in - it's an opportunity lost.

We saw very little of attacking players standing stagnate with the ball at their feet in midweek, something that's become somewhat of a trademark recently.

Getting 9 chances in a game when you don't convert any of them and we lose the match yet you get praised for how 'dangerous' it made you look, to me is utter madness

9 Stone Elvis

This'll get mocked but it's a fair point. Every time Rashford runs down a dead end or decides the pitch is five yards longer than it is or just decides to have the ball ricochet off a stationery defenders shin - all the while often completely ignoring opportunities to pass and play other team mates in - it's an opportunity lost.

We saw very little of attacking players standing stagnate with the ball at their feet in midweek, something that's become somewhat of a trademark recently.

Getting 9 chances in a game when you don't convert any of them and we lose the match yet you get praised for how 'dangerous' it made you look, to me is utter madness
I tend to agree, although its hard to be critical if the player scores 30 in a season albeit those numbers dont stand up to massive scrutiny in terms of the Berbatov-esque cluster of form. It reminds me a little of Van Nistelrooy without the striking ability if that makes sense? His presence in the team dictated that, chances are, if he didnt score we would struggle because he became so pivotal to how we played. It feels a little like that with Rashford in so much as he is going to dominate our attacking play to such an extent that he NEEDS to score to justify being there. Different reasons of course but a similar scenario.

I just want Rashford to have the right mindset. Do the pressing, look for your team-mates (even if the pass itself goes tits up), be a general all round hard worker and team player, and leave everything else as it is. Id be 90% happier if that was the case and Id tend to be more forgiving of actual footballing limitations.

-Supreme-

Rashford will very likely start today, his efforts will at least improve from his usual standards but whether that is good enough is another matter.

He will no doubt be under greater pressure to perform as ETH won’t put up with this any longer especially when he has more options in attack. If he doesn’t perform on the left, he will be benched and won’t be shifted to the striker position as long as both Hojlund & Martial are available.

honirelandboy

To be honest I wouldn’t care if we sold him, he’s selfish, thinks he’s better that he is and his premier league stats are not incredible. We need team players and if Ten Hag has his eyes on a new left winger I’d let him go. His work rate is one of the worst I’ve ever seen for a United player, especially this season. His decision making is horrendous.

RuudTom83

The Rashford vs Garnacho debate will be interesting over the next few seasons.

Rashford has credit in the bank after a 30 goal season, and Garnacho fumbled the opening 2 games, so Rashford is comfortably ahead in my eyes.

But Garnacho is a fast learner, so it makes for some healthy exciting LW competition.

The way it should be at a big club.

Man Utd 0:1 Crystal Palace

Idxomer

Predictably, the 85% who were labelled as morons turned out to be right.

He doesn't have it and should've been sold after last season.

Zoo

Drop him now. His refusal to link with teammates is infuriating

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just can’t be starting matches at this point

Based Adnan

He shouldn't have started this game. Been shocking this season and Garnacho did well mid week. Sends the wrong type of message to start him despite all of that.

Garnacho managed more in his first 5 minutes on the pitch than Rashford did all game.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Can't stand his performances.

Most over rated arrogant player at the club and consistently awful yet managers never learn.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If ten Hag gets sacked, which is looking increasingly likely, Rashford will be on a near perfect record of getting managers sacked. At a certain point the higher ups need to be looking at the personnel.

STYLOISRED

His squad role should be switched with Garnacho's. He is refusing to adapt his game and it is costing the team.

FerociousCorgis

More the same. Literally started with our first attack breaking down as it always does. With him. For someone who prob thinks of himself as mbappe level talent he isn't doing shit

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Garnacho did more in his few minutes than Rashford did the entire game.
Bench the fecker and let him earn his spot again. Tired of seeing the same shit week in week out just lagging on the ball 5 seconds before the pass back or running into 3 players and losing it.

PR team gonna have to work overtime again this weekend.

AndySmith1990

This lad is terrible. Needs relegated to the bench. Shame we won't be able to flog him next summer because once again we've made another shocking decision with handing out a contract to someone who isn't worth it

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was bad. Really, really bad.

And our attack needs his output to be good.

-Supreme-

He only puts his head up when he is far away from goal i.e. that long ball to Rasmus but inside the box he always look to cut in and then dribbles against a brick wall - will he ever learn?

the hea

An inform Rashford is one of the best players in the league but when he is out of form like he is now he'd even struggle in the Championship. I can't remember a players form that fluctuates this much from month to month like Rashfords.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Maybe next season he will be good again.
He will be good when he will be in his last year of his contract. A few rumors to join Barca or PSG, 15 goals in the league and people will lap it up as some generational performance/season.

CM

Genuinely awful today. He should've been hooked earlier, doesn't look at it at all.

RedDevilQuebecois

I will be very blunt here: Marcus Rashford is becoming the same kind of problem that Gareth Bale became to Real Madrid during his own downfall. The fanbase would have the same legitimacy in treating Rashford in the same vein that the Madristas have treated the selfish Bale.

Total shite of a footballer.

RedOrange

He only puts his head up when he is far away from goal i.e. that long ball to Rasmus but inside the box he always looks to cut in and then dribbles against a brick wall - will he ever learn?
The answer is no. Why would he? He plays for Rashford FC so it's obviously the manager's fault.