View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Rockets Redglare

You can easily see that he's really trying to forge a relationship with Rasmus on the pitch, which is nice to see. His biggest issue is that he is shockingly bad at short, intricate passing. He had a nice assist and also nearly got an assist against CP from a first-time punt, but when it comes passes along the ground he is genuinely dreadful. Which is so weird, since he is a very talented player in general.
I think he really struggles with any sort of lighter touch or to judge the weight of pass.
You see it when he’s dribbling, he’s more of a bulldozer and most of his finishes are powerful strikes. Even his assist last night was a cross that was absolutely drilled onto the forehead of Hojlund.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think he really struggles with any sort of lighter touch or to judge the weight of pass.
You see it when he’s dribbling, he’s more of a bulldozer and most of his finishes are powerful strikes. Even his assist last night was a cross that was absolutely drilled onto the forehead of Hojlund.
Nah, back when he used to link up well with Shaw he regularly played perfectly weighted passes to Shaw on the overlap.

KranjskaKlobasa

Rashy the assister looks way better than Rashy the dribbler from the start of the season. Only if he would get his mojo back and take also a shot or two per game.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Who do we think will be a better player in two or three years - Garnacho or Rashford?

He's not the biggest issue right now but it's food for thought when considering his future at the club.

AFC NimbleThumb

So by your "logic", Hojlund can miss as many chances as he wants, as long as we're winning 1-0 when he comes off, it's not his fault if the other team makes a comeback at the end?
Or, using that same logic, its okay for Rashford to miss all his chances during the game, as long as he nets the winner in the 95th minute and we win.
No.

By your ‘logic’ you keep making up non-existent scenarios instead of discussing the one at hand.
Ridiculous. You bury the goddamn easy chances you get, especially for a "world class" forward on 350k a week, and you finish the game earlier by putting your team at an advantage earlier
Not sure what his wage has to do with him missing chances, you sound resentful. I’d expect a player on £35k a week to make a better decision than he did.
As an example, a goal in the 1st minute is vastly different than a goal at minute 35.
For you maybe its still simply reading 1-0 at the top left and "we're winning", but for the players its an entirely different ball game in terms of morale, momentum, self-belief, being on the front-foot.
Again. Stop with the ridiculous examples & stick to what’s being said.

You said he’d have put us 3-1 up when the poor pass came at 1-1, there’s no guarantee we score the 3rd afterwards. It’s difficult to blame a guy off the pitch for conceding 2 goals in the way we did is the point. Yes maybe we could have been 3 up [emphasis on could] but other teams miss chances & win games.

I think regardless of his poor pass that he left the pitch with us in the lead so after a damn good assist he at least contributed when others didn’t.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
No.

By your ‘logic’ you keep making up non-existent scenarios instead of discussing the one at hand.

Not sure what his wage has to do with him missing chances, you sound resentful. I’d expect a player on £35k a week to make a better decision than he did.

You said he’d have put us 3-1 up when the poor pass came at 1-1, there’s no guarantee we score the 3rd afterwards. It’s difficult to blame a guy off the pitch for conceding 2 goals in the way we did is the point. Yes maybe we could have been 3 up [emphasis on could] but other teams miss chances & win games.

I think regardless of his poor pass that he left the pitch with us in the lead so after a damn good assist he at least contributed when others didn’t.
I'm giving the examples to discuss your logic. "We were 2-1 up when he left so he's not to be blamed if we lost later". Ridiculous logic.
When I provide the examples that imitate your logic to try and explain why its incorrect, you throw them out.

Pointless discussing this with someone like you who only goes by this logic. Again, what you're effectively saying is he can miss countless chances as much as he wants but as long as he gets subbed when we're winning, he's blameless if we give up the game later on. You keep ignoring the fact that his goal/assist changes the game earlier (in case its 1-1) or closes the game out (in case its 2-1 3-1 etc.). Nitpicking about whether it was 1-1 2-1 7-1 is irrelevant.

The score line doesn't matter. He should bury that chance 10 times out of 10, even more so because he's our highest paid player and the main attacking figure as a result (not resentful, just logical). Saying eh its not his fault we lost cause he came off at 2-1 is stupid. If he scores that we get momentum earlier, maybe Galatasaray give up earlier/lose concentration and maybe we score more. Hell, we might even score the 3rd later on against the run of play and that's game over.

But hey, at least this is better than the other guy who used the "Bruno made him lose concentration" excuse.

AFC NimbleThumb

I'm giving the examples to discuss your logic. "We were 2-1 up when he left so he's not to be blamed if we lost later". Ridiculous logic.
When I provide the examples that imitate your logic to try and explain why its incorrect, you throw them out.
No you’re not. You’re throwing out ridiculous examples, I’m telling you I don’t go by that ‘logic’ & you repeat the process in this thread & others. It’s disingenuous.

You can’t just write, ‘By your logic’ or ‘what you’re effectively saying’ then when I clarify continue with further ridiculous metaphors. That’s not a discussion.

Slevs

No you’re not. You’re throwing out ridiculous examples, I’m telling you I don’t go by that ‘logic’ & you repeat the process in this thread & others. It’s disingenuous.

You can’t just write, ‘By your logic’ or ‘what you’re effectively saying’ then when I clarify continue with further ridiculous metaphors. That’s not a discussion.

When he left the pitch it was 2-1, shocking decision to square where he should have shot but slaying him after the capitulation once he left the pitch is as stupid.

Are we blaming Garnacho for us losing the lead once he got on the pitch. . .
I'll just leave this here, its what started the conversation.

Hammondo

No.

Every game has "could have"s for both teams basically.

AFC NimbleThumb

Ditto for you brother, hopefully you wake up one day about this fraud.
Ah, now we have it. It’s not about Logic it about your dislike of Rashford.

This agenda would work far better had I not criticised Rashford’s poor decision making multiple times in our back & forth, something you ignored to post nonsense about logic which since you’ve been told not to & have now gone a bit quiet.

Anyway there are a few questions awaiting you in the Garnacho thread.

Glad we finally got to the bottom of it in here though.

Slevs

Ah, now we have it. It’s not about Logic it about your dislike of Rashford.

This agenda would work far better had I not criticised Rashford’s poor decision making multiple times in our back & forth, something you ignored to post nonsense about logic which since you’ve been told not to & have now gone a bit quiet.

Anyway there are a few questions awaiting you in the Garnacho thread.

Glad we finally got to the bottom of it in here though.
Dislike of Rashford :lol::lol: Yeah I saw him stealing candy from the poor and I hate him

It is completely about logic. I'm not the one that said Rashford shouldn't be slain cause we were 2-1 up when he left the pitch, even though he fecked up a clear cut chance. Saying you criticized him for it doesn't absolve you from anything.

Get your head out of his ass, hopefully you're actually part of his PR team and are getting paid to post this crap. That's the bottom of anything you're looking for in here.

AFC NimbleThumb

Dislike of Rashford :lol::lol: Yeah I saw him stealing candy from the poor and I hate him

It is completely about logic. I'm not the one that said Rashford shouldn't be slain cause we were 2-1 up when he left the pitch, even though he fecked up a clear cut chance. Saying you criticized him for it doesn't absolve you from anything.

Get your head out of his ass, hopefully you're actually part of his PR team and are getting paid to post this crap. That's the bottom of anything you're looking for in here.
How can I be part of his PR team when I’ve criticised him multiple times in the past 12 hours.

Your use of the word logic whilst making such an illogical series of critiques is ironic.

Honestly lad, grow up.

Slevs

How can I be part of his PR team when I’ve criticised him multiple times in the past 12 hours.

Your use of the word logic whilst making such an illogical series of critiques is ironic.

Honestly lad, grow up.
Feeling is mutual brother, have a good day.

iHicksy

I only saw the high-lights - from which he looked dangerous on the right. Is that correct? Or was it just a case of a few decent moments and revert to type?

DomM

Am i right in thinking he gets 350K a week for mediocrity. Yes he is capable of doing great things but most of the time he just runs up blind alleys and never tracks back, always leaving his side of the pitch exposed. We are so easy to play against and thats because half of our team cant be arsed to put in the effort, its a shocking situation for the so called biggest club in the world, we will be lucky to finish top half at this rate.

Darlington Padgett

I only saw the high-lights - from which he looked dangerous on the right. Is that correct? Or was it just a case of a few decent moments and revert to type?
He looked great on the right. I think that not having the option to cut and shoot somehow helped him. On the right he can surely provide the creativity and spark we're lacking at the moment.

JuriM

Some of you are a bit at fault. But his decision-making hasn't been good enough this season, can do a lot better, but he needs some of these to come off to gain confidence.

Gottabekiddingme

During Rashford purple patch last season............

Gottabekiddingme said:
People in 2023 still think Rashford can work with a dominant striker. Wow.

Part of the reason Osimhen made the jump this season is Kvaratskhelia being added to the squad. Kvaratskhelia is stretching defenses when rivals triple team him on the wing because he's so good on the ball and in tight spaces, and he's VERY selfless with his play.

Rashford won't do that work for Osimhen.
Gottabekiddingme said:
His transition to a "moments" player will be the end of him. He's completely out of games except for 2-3 plays where he's making runs behind. He doesn't create for others. Ten Hag doesn't mind for now because there's Weghorst "up front".

He better hope Kane arrives in the summer. If the likes of Vlahovic/Osimhen, who need service, come here, that'll be the end of him. A very exciting Garancho is destined for that left wing.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Currently half way through rewatching the game as was only half watching last night.

Rashford played very well in the first half (just finished watching it). Class assist and a constant threat on the left. So close to setting up a couple more goals. We also looked rock solid defensively on his flank, despite Amrabat being a crap fullback.

This is going to be one of those redcafe classics where a player does one very obviously bad thing (messing up that pass to Bruno) near the end of his performance and everyone decides that he was shite throughout. Absolutely no way was that a performance he should be dropped for.

Idxomer

I would say overall he was okay, and it was a step in the right direction trying to create for Hojlund and others.

He misplaced a lot of passes though in his eagerness not to be selfish. It's obviously not his natural game but at least he listened to the criticism.

jem

Currently half way through rewatching the game as was only half watching last night.

Rashford played very well in the first half (just finished watching it). Class assist and a constant threat on the left. So close to setting up a couple more goals. We also looked rock solid defensively on his flank, despite Amrabat being a crap fullback.

This is going to be one of those redcafe classics where a player does one very obviously bad thing (messing up that pass to Bruno) near the end of his performance and everyone decides that he was shite throughout. Absolutely no way was that a performance he should be dropped for.
Yeah I've been a huge critic of him (still don't think he's good enough) but last night was a step in the right direction (even the messed up pass to Bruno at least indicated an awareness of his teammates.) I know I'm in the minority here, but I still wonder if he might not be better off the right - it would allow him to use his speed to get to the byline and curb the constant indecision we see when he's gathered the ball on the left.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
The problem wasnt choosing to pass. The problem was absolutely fecking up the pass.
Yeah, it was the hesitancy that did it, do it half a second earlier or with more conviction and it's a tap in. Did fantastically on the first goal and could've had a second if Mount's shot doesn't hit Hannibal, just shoots himself in the foot with the easiest one of all to undo it all which seems a good metaphor for the team in general.

Offsideagain

Rashford seems away with the fairies at times. His cross for the Hojlund goal was as good as his pass to Bruno was bad for an open goal. Like the rest of the team, he's either confused by the tactics or upset about something. Still a top player that will find his form sometime. Let's hope it's soon.

STYLOISRED

Rashford’s confidence is on the floor because Ten Hag has set him up for failure by forcing him to be the supporting act for Hojlund.

It has always been clear that Rashford is at his best as an LW with a centre-forward that drops deep and creates space for him to run in behind and finish. It is why his best seasons have been with Martial as the 9 (2019/20), followed by Martial and Cavani rotating as 9s (2020/21), and then Martial or Weghorst as 9s (2022/23). It is also no surprise that the introduction of Ronaldo spectacularly destroyed his form, as Ronaldo ended up occupying the spaces that Rashford does and did not drag defenders out of position for Rashford to exploit.

There is no shame in this for Rashford. Even Cristiano was at his devestating best when he had Rooney / Tevez / Benzema playing the supporting act. Mane and Salah were at their devestating best when Firmino was playing the supporting act.

This season Rashford has had to adapt to Hojlund’s instincts, which are to play on the shoulder of the last defender. This means that the space for Rashford is in front of the opposition’s defence rather than behind it. By extension, this forces Rashford to drop deeper, to recieve the ball to feet, to play between the lines where he must be creative or to cross from wide. This is simply not Rashford’s natural game. As a result, Ten Hag is exposing his weaknesses while not facilitating the maximum exploitation of his strengths.

No wonder Rashford’s confidence is on the floor. His instict is to run in behind and be a shoot on sight type of player. The introduction of Hojlund is forcing him to be more creative and to attempt through balls and crosses. Yet there are various times where Rashford does not spot Hojlund’s run and loses the ball. With all of these mistakes piling up, you can see how the accumulative effect culminates in Rashford being afraid to make mistakes and not shooting, often because he is now tasked with being the creator rather than the finisher.

Ultimately, this is down to Ten Hag. No doubt about it, Hojlund is a good player, but his profile and Rashford’s profile do not compliment each-other at all. The only way we can get Rashford and Hojlund firing is Martial (or Sancho) slot in as a false 9 and Hojlund is pushed to the right. In this manner, the creative burden will be lifted off of Rashford and he can exclusively focus on making the most of his strengths (to play on the shoulder of the last defender and to shoot on sight).

But Ten Hag is likely too stubborn for any of this. Rashford’s form will likely continue to dwindle and he will be scapegoated for a manager that is misusing him.
Rashford is a WINGER! unless you're orime CR7 your duty as a winger is to creat chances for your no9. Even during the peak Kane-Son partnership period, Son was still doing alot of running and creating. If Rashford cannot score goals while also creating meaningful chances for his striker then he should be benched for a winger who can.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Going under the radar a bit with the results but I’m pleased he’s started subbing Rashford off.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Some of you are a bit at fault. But his decision-making hasn't been good enough this season, can do a lot better, but he needs some of these to come off to gain confidence.
I am not happy with his performances either, but isn't this another case of the internet blowing a situation out of proportion? Focusing on one incident, using still frames and all that to support a preconceived idea in some peoples' heads?

I haven't watched the replay, so i could be wrong, but it didn't look like a lack of confidence in himself on live TV. I think his first touch wasn't the best and made the angle much more difficult. You can even see in the captured frame that Muslera is well positioned. It is a 1v1, but only one angle is really on. He quickly understands that and he's actually anticipating the square pass to become an option. It's one of the things he does well when he's running with the ball in open space, biding his time to find his moment. The problem is that Bruno's run is a tad behind, they're not in sync. It's not as easy and straightforward as the first goal. Rashford checks and checks again, but in the only moment the pass is on, he takes another unnecessary touch.

Just how it looked to me.

RedStarUnited

He played well. This place has gone mad. Always happens after a loss.
This is playing well to you?

im not surprised though. You are the biggest Bruno and Rashford fan on this platform. You always see the good in every performance not matter what.

Maureen-yo

Am i right in thinking he gets 350K a week for mediocrity. Yes he is capable of doing great things but most of the time he just runs up blind alleys and never tracks back, always leaving his side of the pitch exposed. We are so easy to play against and thats because half of our team cant be arsed to put in the effort, its a shocking situation for the so called biggest club in the world, we will be lucky to finish top half at this rate.
He has tracked back just fine over the last few games, we looked solid down the left while he was there despite Amrabat having a bad game - most of the Galatasary attacks came down our right side.

Maureen-yo

im not surprised though. You are the biggest Bruno and Rashford fan on this platform. You always see the good in every performance not matter what.
And on the flip side you always see the bad, the video that you posted is case in point. There were a couple of good cut backs in the video as there were lots of moments not shown in the clip where Rashford tracked back and made positive progression up the pitch both carrying the ball and passing but instead you post a highly edited 1.39 minute video to highlight what you construe as errors.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

“Lowlights” videos are the dumbest thing in football fandom. Which is quite an achievement considering how stupid football fandom is.

You also seem to have me confused with someone else if you think I refuse to criticise Rashford. Although that’s not surprising from someone who would share a trash tweet like that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I am not happy with his performances either, but isn't this another case of the internet blowing a situation out of proportion? Focusing on one incident, using still frames and all that to support a preconceived idea in some peoples' heads?

I haven't watched the replay, so i could be wrong, but it didn't look like a lack of confidence in himself on live TV. I think his first touch wasn't the best and made the angle much more difficult. You can even see in the captured frame that Muslera is well positioned. It is a 1v1, but only one angle is really on. He quickly understands that and he's actually anticipating the square pass to become an option. It's one of the things he does well when he's running with the ball in open space, biding his time to find his moment. The problem is that Bruno's run is a tad behind, they're not in sync. It's not as easy and straightforward as the first goal. Rashford checks and checks again, but in the only moment the pass is on, he takes another unnecessary touch.

Just how it looked to me.
It was the right decision to create a tap in to an empty net for his teammate. Which is always the best option, if that is an option.

I disagree with your attempt to blame Bruno mind you. Rashford just needed to aim the pass a bit better. Less pulled back and more ahead of Bruno (who was ahead of the defender) Aiming it a yard or two outside the far post would have been perfect. The decision was good, the execution was not. No big deal on a day when he generally played well.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

It was the right decision to create a tap in to an empty net for his teammate. Which is always the best option, if there is an option.

I disagree with your attempt to blame Bruno mine you. Rashford just needed to aim the pass a bit better. The decision was good, the execution was poor. No big deal on a day when he generally played well.
I'm not blaming Bruno, relax for crying out loud. I'm saying that, even with the space available, it's not easy to execute because the players were not in sync. It felt to me that his first touch took away the opportunity to lock and pull the trigger, aiming for the bottom corner first time. From that point, it's not a lack of confidence like every idiot on Twitter (or X, or whatever it's called nowadays) claims. Rashford does the right thing. He created the time for the pass to work, but took another touch when the pass was on. Bruno does what he can to make himself available.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I'm not blaming Bruno, relax for crying out loud. I'm saying that, even with the space available, it's not easy to execute because the players were not in sync. It felt to me that his first touch took away the opportunity to lock and pull the trigger, aiming for the bottom corner first time. From that point, it's not a lack of confidence like every idiot on Twitter (or X, or whatever it's called nowadays) claims. Rashford does the right thing. He created the time for the pass to work, but took another touch when the pass was on. Bruno does what he can to make himself available.
I think we agree about much more than we disagree about here, that’s for sure!

I think it was an easier assist to pull off than the one for Hojlund, that’s for sure. I think people (not you!) should be more focused on giving credit for pulling off what was a far more difficult skill when we scored, instead of having a go at him for this one misplaced pass.

stw2022

Quality control
Sad reality is that not shitting the bed is what passes for 'decent performance' from him. He simply isn't judged anywhere close to the standards other top players are. His average, typical performances - even without obvious gaffes - would constitute an embarrassment for literally every other player in world football in his wage/stature bracket.